Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens (84615 Views)

Apply For Australian Catholic University Scholarship 2018 / Augustine Ariwodo Ibegbulam Is Dead / Niger Delta University First And Second Batch Admission List For 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Kamxin(m): 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
Okanokan:

You just made me a PROTESTANT CATHOLIC. What we, Protestant Catholic are saying is that Catholic Church is an extraordinary neighbour, collecting tithes, offering, vows and other sundry charges for mass etc, and after charges a school fee that the average Nigerian cannot afford. What Nigerian are saying is that you cannot appropriate our land in communities across the nation to build schools that our children cannot attend. (Most land owned by the bigger churches of which the CATHOLIC CHURCH is the greatest beneficiaries were gotten free from the various communities with no form of encumberance), when they came into the country during the colonial era. What happen to CHARITY as a fundamental platform of catholism? Am of the opinion that the communities should enter into new agreement as done with oil companies, its time that communities whose land were given to these churches free be returned back, or renegotiated, 100year have passed since the church took control of our lives and land and force us pay for them.
Finally i am indeed a catholic and don't need to lie about it, there is nothing special calling oneself a catholic my grandfather brought catholic church to my community but am not proud of current leadership.
DEADLY SARCASM
Let me begin by drawing you back to the slippery terrain you created and seems to be running away from
Okanokan:
Its time genuine catholic get across to the pope and make him understand that what we call Catholic Church in Nigeria is a BIG BUSINESS CONCERN.
My question remain, is Catholic modus operandi in Nigeria different form what is obtainable in other countries around the globe?

Then on the issue of land, I will start by asking you if there is any Catholic university that the land it is built on was obtained free?

Secondly, that your grand-parents gave away land, was it by force or out of freewill?

Thirdly, when you give money or anything to God do you ask for it back fo any reason?

Fourth is which, human, institution,organization,country,church etc is better than the Catholic church when you talk of charity.

Let me remind you most of the primary and secondary schools in Nigerian is built by the Catholic church, In Anambra for example, more than 90% of primary and secondary schools is built by Catholic and Anglican church combined before the unpopular military government seizure of schools.
For your faith you remain ''protestant catholic'' a new denomination entirely.
Please choose one Faith you cant serve two masters at same time.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Frankiss44(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Eco2580:
You are right about Pope, but how about CAN President?
I never knew the CAN president was a Catholic??
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Kamxin(m): 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Kamxin(m): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ramos16:

. if you feel aggrieved about the leadership of the Church, you seem like a smart person and I believe you can do something about that smiley

SMART PERSON?

When he appears not to understand university education, let him go and seize churchs because the Catholics and Anglicans built their church on his papa land.
SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Redfruit(m): 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
R
Kamxin:

Whatever belongs to a priest in the Catholic church, belongs to the Catholic church. The individual properties belongs to the Catholic church, if he dies nobody else would come and claim it than the Catholic church. MADONNA UNIVERSITY is a property of the Catholic church.
Bro, I might be a priest myself, you never can tell. Every priest has right to his property until death when the church as his Next of Kin takes over the property. Fr. Edeh opened the university in his capacity as an Imdividual not for the church. Therefore. In asmuch as he is a catholic priest, he owns Madonna not the church. The catholic Church as it stands now can't lay claim to the profits coming from the school or dictate how it is been managed. The only claim they have is the 20% derivation from his income he is supposed to pay to his diocese or congregation. Every other priest including parish priests and priests working as civil servants pay the 20%. The few exceptin are priests on mission, have poor source of income or are Curates/Associate parish priests.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Kamxin(m): 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
The bottom line remain, Madonna University is Catholic University QED.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Frankiss44:

I never knew the CAN president was a Catholic??
Sorry its a mistake
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by ferguson17(m): 12:27am On Oct 19, 2015
What tha f**k....... 730k😬😬😭😭 that's ridiculous
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by SkyRider1(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2015
find link to augustine university fees. there is a breakdown of the fees too.

http://www.augustineuniversity.edu.ng/documents/general_fees.pdf
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by bennywyse(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2015
Simitrendy:

Thank God for Federal University
Accommodation=22,000
wen accommodation turn 22k undecided
Simitrendy:

Thank God for Federal University
Accommodation=22,000
wen accommodation turn 22k
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by fearlesschicken: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2015
menesheh:

It isn't the best option to close some of the Universities. A lettered unemployed person is better than a dumb unemployed counterpart because the former can join in the fight for liberation or revolution in better ethical way.

Let's be realistic here, most of the people who end up graduating from university here in nigeria aren't that educated. Most just scram their way through their stay in the university.

So even those who graduate can end up even more dumb than those who haven't been to the four walls of a classroom.

Schooling in the university and having a certificate doesn't make you an educated person. The fact that someone didn't go to school doesn't mean he can't fight for a" revolution or liberation in an ethical way " like you stated .

We have enough schools in the country, we should look for ways to improve on what we already have and change the labour market for the better. Than creating more schools and generating more problems for the nation
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Teymanhenry(f): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Tell me,

1.How much should a Private University in Nigeria charge as school fees.?

2.Assuming they have 6000 students, and fees are N20000 per student per year, how will they pay lecturers, non academic staff, etc, and how would they fund research projects, etc ,build hostels, labs , provide water, and electricity, etcfrom a budget of just N120million naira per year?

University is not like secondary school.

(I am not Catholic btw).
the church will take part responsibility... we have So many Catholic churches in Nigeria. and offerings from those churches will cover some parts of d salary payment.., or don't your church collect offerings for educational support??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Richest Students In University Of Lagos / Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.