Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens (84612 Views)

Apply For Australian Catholic University Scholarship 2018 / Augustine Ariwodo Ibegbulam Is Dead / Niger Delta University First And Second Batch Admission List For 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 7:46am On Oct 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Just because some Nigerians go out....does not make everything all right in our education sector.

Please point out where I said everything is all right in our education sector.
Thanks.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

China is also something Nigeria is not....an Industrial society....which means that they have to have a good education system.

Also.....China's university entrance is not easy like JAMB and WAEC. Their equivalent exam is very very tough and selective.Not everyone goes to University.

Also....China being an industrial nation means that they have the GDP to pay for free education....not like Nigeria.

Finally....China's education system has been critiqued on the basis that it does not teach innovative thinking enough.
The Chinese educational system has been critique for dishing out a style called rote learning which is more of recitation. Thanks man
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

China is also something Nigeria is not....an Industrial society....which means that they have to have a good education system.

Also.....China's university entrance is not easy like JAMB and WAEC. Their equivalent exam is very very tough and selective.Not everyone goes to University.

Also....China being an industrial nation means that they have the GDP to pay for free education....not like Nigeria.

Finally....China's education system has been critiqued on the basis that it does not teach innovative thinking enough.
The Chinese educational system has been critique for dishing out a style called rote learning which is more of recitation. Thanks man
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Onegai(f): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

Are Indians, Chinese, Russians half baked compared to Americans to expand on your logic

Schooling in India isn't cheap, especially for Sciences. The pressure to graduate is so high that they have a high amount if suicides from Engineering school in India.

Nigeria should stop subsidising Universities and pour that money into primary and secondary schools and vocational and technical colleges. All the people shouting how much they paid for Fed Uni, why can't they come and shout how much they earn now or compare how much they knew when they graduated.

I studied Engineering in Nigeria, my brother studied Engineering in the US and my hubby studied Engineering in the UK and my friend studied Engineering in Ghana. Recently, 3 out of 4 of us were discussing Thermodynamics equations and expanding them and using them to look at improving our generator sets. Guess who knew the least?

Show me the Nigerian university that has a 3D printer to fabricate parts instantly or even modern functioning labs. The labs with nice equipment, students were not allowed to use them, we watched as they performed the experiments and then later I am supposed to go and get a job based on actual practical lab work I never did. How many can analyse the data given?

Have you even read an essay by a Nigerian graduate? Just browse through Nairaland for examples of what Fed Unis offer.

5 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by firfinch(m): 7:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Thank God for Federal University

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

And u will still be given UNILORIN Tab

Even sef SUG go give u school bag

Even dem go give u flash drive

When you are in Part 2,3,4 u will go back to 30K

U will def spend that #730,000 For your undergraduate degree in a Federal University. grin

Tho Private Universities are good to some extent wink

But I thank God for d Federal Uni I dey grin

The highest I paid for school fees was in my 100 Level 31,750, inclusive of 3000 acceptance fee, 200&300 Levels 16000+, 400L 14000. The increase must have been because of the Tab added.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Gabflex: 7:52am On Oct 18, 2015
Dis business nawaoo, dem go sell.
I think say na korea the school dey sef.[i]Dis business nawaoo, dem go sell.
I think say na korea the school dey sef.[/i]Dis business nawaoo, dem go sell.
I think say na korea the school dey sef.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 7:59am On Oct 18, 2015
Onegai:

Schooling in India isn't cheap, especially for Sciences. The pressure to graduate is so high that they have a high amount if suicides from Engineering school in India.

Nigeria should stop subsidising Universities and pour that money into primary and secondary schools and vocational and technical colleges. All the people shouting how much they paid for Fed Uni, why can't they come and shout how much they earn now or compare how much they knew when they graduated.

I studied Engineering in Nigeria, my brother studied Engineering in the US and my hubby studied Engineering in the UK and my friend studied Engineering in Ghana. Recently, 3 out of 4 of us were discussing Thermodynamics equations and expanding them and using them to look at improving our generator sets. Guess who knew the least?

Show me the Nigerian university that has a 3D printer to fabricate parts instantly or even modern functioning labs. The labs with nice equipment, students were not allowed to use them, we watched as they performed the experiments and then later I am supposed to go and get a job based on actual practical lab work I never did. How many can analyse the data given?

Have you even read an essay by a Nigerian graduate? Just browse through Nairaland for examples of what Fed Unis offer.

The bold is what I am all about.

If you go through my posts I have not said anything against high fees by private universities. I have only raised pertinent points from posts that distort the fundamental issue of education in our country and how most of us are HYPOCRITES of complaining about things we are not only part of but unwittingly contribute to.

I guessed grin

The updated issues you raised are valid and a reflection of our CURRENT collective values and attitude towards education that we ALL can help change in diverse small & big ways, apart from simply complaining. Not so
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by gidjah(m): 8:01am On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=tchidi post=39093948]

My Oga!! In na gesuwa! Yaa ake yi?
Ba ni da whatsapp a waya na fa. embarassed embarassed
Sannu fa. [/quote maiyasa baki da whatssapp acikin ,waya ki ne? haba,ni ma ina so hoto naki gaskiya .baki da lefi mama na
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

If you go through my posts I have not said anything against high fees by private universities. I have only raised pertinent points from posts that distort the fundamental issue of education in our country and how most of us are HYPOCRITES of complaining about things we are not only part of but unwittingly contribute to.

I guessed grin
How do we contribute to it, all through my school life I never bribed or did expo to write waec or jamb, maybe that's why I wrote jamb 4 times and ssce 2x, how do we contribute to our education when our salaries are hinged on bailout monies and many mouth to feed. Try not to be utopian and be realistic.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Sibrah: 8:05am On Oct 18, 2015
FriedPlantain:
N730,000 for school fees? shocked
My whole school fees from primary 1 till I finished my university education wasn't even up to N400,000 undecided
Are you saying 400k was used to settle all your teachers, buy chalk, stationeries, and maintain the school? If the govt is spending more on each student in public schools what does it tell you.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Arizonaguy(m): 8:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Badgers14:

Person no dey follow u play...
Gerrara here grin
just kidding bro...nothing serious
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by juman(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2015
Good news.

More new tens of universities are needed in this big country.

Rich people and committed organisations should involve in building their own universities.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2015
lovelyn20:
Make #50,000 every week working with NOB7 PLATFORM Really making Sense Imagine Someone get paid #100,000 today. This is the opportunity: open the link below and you shall see the secret of wealth. Click HERE http://nigeriaonlinebusiness.com?noah123
Product of the cheap educational system we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Setaje(f): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2015
An economy building more universities and converting warehouses and buildings into churches or mosques is not a growing economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 8:12am On Oct 18, 2015
peterjero:

How do we contribute to it, all through my school life I never bribed or did expo to write waec or jamb, maybe that's why I wrote jamb 4 times and ssce 2x, how do we contribute to our education when our salaries are hinged on bailout monies and many mouth to feed. Try not to be utopian and be realistic.

I am really very sorry for you and the 200 million mumu fellow citizens who think the way you do.

You think the American who contributes to his old school bribed or did expo and that he could not decide to feed many mouths instead of chipping in small amounts to their scholarship funds to make us their perpetual SLAVES?

Did you ask me to have an open mind
Perhaps you need to take your own advice. grin
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by domido(m): 8:15am On Oct 18, 2015
Many things come to play in Education financing. Actually the amount may not be too much,but when it is too much is the environment we find ourselves. The issue is that Federal Institutions are highly subsidised. Till you leave University you might never pay up to 750k. With this amount I guess they must have good facilities.
But make dem try reduce am.

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by juman(m): 8:17am On Oct 18, 2015
I think lagos government can also build a very standard university.
Of course another university to make money and provide education to many of our people instead of going abroad to study.

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Onegai(f): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

I guessed grin

It was embarrassing. Even with construction (Civil Engineering) that is easiest out of all, Nigeria is backwards. Not one can think of a more efficient way to do foundations or design for additional loads or LEED certification. What they did in 1975 is what they teach in 2015: y12 bars at 200mm spacing, shikena.

These are pictures from an Observatory showing a sun dial, the actualized form of the Periodic Table and Tesla machine. They take their PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS there, Nigerian university graduates will now come and beat their chests and attempt to compare themselves when not one uni has an Observatory.

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

U will def spend that #730,000 For your undergraduate degree in a Federal University. grin

ur skol over cost. In 2012 wen I served in unizik, their fees na 21,500.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

I am really very sorry for you and the 200 million mumu fellow citizens who think the way you do.

You think the American who contributes to his old school bribed or did expo and that he could not decide to feed many mouths instead of chipping in small amounts to their scholarship funds to make us their perpetual SLAVES?

Did you ask me to have an open mind
Perhaps you need to take your own advice. grin
If you read all my previous post you notice I never insulted anybody rather I was back lashing a system and also ideologies. Back to me and you if I pay tiny monies for their scholarships which school will they attend? Who will cater for the curriculum change? Who will enhance lecturers and teachers benefits so that they would be willing to teach? Who fund the real sector? Those people who you said I should Google who fund scholarship for indigent students abroad, end up in very good universities. Try to see beyond I'm not into insults because I don't know it all.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by opribo(m): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2015
The post says highest amount not least punt. I reason that would most likely be for professional courses like medicine, engineering etc
For Nepal course I'm sire they won't cost that high.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 8:35am On Oct 18, 2015
peterjero:

If you read all my previous post you notice I never insulted anybody rather I was back lashing a system and also ideologies. Back to me and you if I pay tiny monies for their scholarships which school will they attend? Who will cater for the curriculum change? Who will enhance lecturers and teachers benefits so that they would be willing to teach? Who fund the real sector? Those people who you said I should Google who fund scholarship for indigent students abroad, end up in very good universities. Try to see beyond I'm not into insults because I don't know it all.

Have you heard

- DO your best and leave the rest.
- The journey of a1,000 miles starts with one step.

When shall WE be tired of simply wanting change and start being the change we desire?
When?
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

Have you heard

- DO your best and leave the rest.
- The journey of a1,000 miles starts with one step.

When shall WE be tired of simply wanting change and start being the change we desire?
When?
Meaning you will then classify me as a mumu when you've not seen me or know what I'm into.? You need to learn humility
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2015
peterjero:

Meaning you will then classify me as a mumu when you've not seen me or know what I'm into.? You need to learn humility

Did you not first classify me as utopian and not realistic

One good bad turn deserves another, nor be so? cheesy
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Badgers14:
I thought they built the university in France wink
may b thre will b automatic employment for their graduate.
#maybe
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Tushborn: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2015
tchidi:

shocked shocked Na gode, yar uwa na. embarassed smiley
nagode masoyina
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by stanvesco(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

ur university was expensive o,chai.
Me no spend upto 150 as skool fees? And i studies a 6yr course.
Tank God for federal university,
if not ehn,illiteracy go be my name
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by charlesbailey(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2015
the total amount i spent on tuition fees in oau was not up to 30k..200 level - 11,500 no acceptance fee then
accomodation 2,520 naira
third and fourth year N6,500 each
accomodation in final year N2,520
my father used to ask me then if i was paying for school or lesson cheesy
Simitrendy:

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by wasuka14(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2015
mystic70563:
If u believe that federal universities is the best in Nigeria, CLICK LIKE ...
Yessss......Like
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Redfruit(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2015
Adeyeancah:

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/10/17/first-catholic-university-in-lagos-opens/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

The first catholic University is in Enugu.....Godfrey Okoye University. opened in 2010

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2015
Very cheap fees

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Richest Students In University Of Lagos / Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.