Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,146 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens (84606 Views)

Apply For Australian Catholic University Scholarship 2018 / Augustine Ariwodo Ibegbulam Is Dead / Niger Delta University First And Second Batch Admission List For 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Fulaboy(m): 11:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
FriedPlantain:
N730,000 for school fees? shocked
My whole school fees from primary 1 till I finished my university education wasn't even up to N400,000 undecided
Lol grin you don't mean it
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by lilmizwierd(f): 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2015
730k excluding House rent , Books ,food fee etc sad Am waiting for Father Mbaka o tongue
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Simitrendy: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
na im be say u no go school at all.

Abi now, why u go talk say Nah #400,000 u spend from Primary to Tertiary institutions.

I sure say d guy dey sarcastic

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Fulaboy(m): 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
tchidi:
sad shocked
All my school fees, daga Year 1 zuwa final year no reach 730k!! shocked
Well done o!! God will provide.
why are you guys saying that How on earth is that possibleundecided They said 730k oo not 7.8m
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by chinchum(m): 11:49pm On Oct 17, 2015
Tertiary education is not cheap. I for one believe govt should reduce allocation to universities and polytechnics by half and reallocate the funds to revitalise primary, secondary and vocational schools. The effect in 5 years will surprise cynics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
FriedPlantain:
My whole school fees from primary 1 till I finished my university education wasn't even up to N400,000 undecided

Hehehe, na why you no sabi anything grin
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by lilmizwierd(f): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2015
Rayhut:
Some people have started to condemn, they said that the highest fee is 730k.
and the lowest 20k ba sad
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by OgaEngr: 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2015
I find it disgusting when some folks criticise the tuition fees charged by the private universities in Nigeria. Have you asked yourself how much govt provide for the Federal and state owned universities? Who pays the salaries of their profs? Why do state owned schools go on strike? The nature of toilets in the hostel of state owned universities? etc.... Then compare it with the fees charged by the private uni. If you can't afford it, don't even bother applying; hustle your way into govt uni. Here in US, some private college expenses is over $60k per annum.

5 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Fearcom(m): 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
chigoizie7:

Bros, 30k too much sef, I graduated from a skul I paid 20,100 per session, + faculty fee,1k, association fee,5h, dept due 1k. No handouts, just buy your text books, lecturers will gve your course rep, his hand out, if u like u photocopy, if u like don't photocopy.

After everything all of us go still enter the same labour market and after like 3yrss of unemployment, the guy man go don forget wetin him read for skul just like I ve forgotten some of mine.

730k? For what?

Ever wondered why our certificates are not acceptable the world over?? Why will a graduate of a united states university or a foreign country come home and get a job yet you can't take your qualification overseas and get a job?? Because our standard of education has fallen. The school you finished from probably doesn't have a world class , functioning e-library not to talk of world class lecture theaters and other facilities. And with the depreciation of the naira,....
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Acidosis(m): 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
That's cheap

Some Nigerians in Brunel University, UK pay N7million for a 1 year MSc degree.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Arizonaguy(m): 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
Badgers14:
I thought they built the university in France wink
so the university is imported?stop thinking with your feet.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Arizonaguy(m): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2015
Fulaboy:
why are you guys saying that How on earth is that possibleundecided They said 730k oo not 7.8m
don't give me that crap boy i can see clearly even without my glasses
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by chigoizie7(m): 12:04am On Oct 18, 2015
Fearcom:

Ever wondered why our certificates are not acceptable the world over?? Why will a graduate of a united states university or a foreign country come home and get a job yet you can't take your qualification overseas and get a job?? Because our standard of education has fallen. The school you finished from probably doesn't have a world class , functioning e-library not to talk of world class lecture theaters and other facilities. And with the depreciation of the naira,....

Well, bros, u might be correct to some extent. Unizik can not be compared with a university in the UK or US.

Augustine university and unizik are both in "NIGERIA". We are both in the same ship. After graduation, we will both not be accepted to work n the US or UK. That is my take, that is if u understand what I mean.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Badgers14: 12:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Arizonaguy:
so the university is imported?stop thinking with your feet.

Person no dey follow u play...

Gerrara here grin

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by chigoizie7(m): 12:11am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Brother I tire o!

Why you go dey pay that kind heavy amount and if you leave you no dey guaranteed say u go see Job immediately.

U know d only thing wey I just like about Private Universities be say dem dey teach them Vocational training and works.

Like JABU dey do teach dem Vocational works so if dem graduate at least they will still be attached to something to provide three squared meal for them.

Well u are correct, in my own skul those days, we are also thought all those things(entrepreneur studies) that will still put food on your table after gradation and yrs of unemployment, despite ur course of study, u must go through that training and u must pass it b4 u graduate, f u don't , u will pay a fine and undergo another 1yr training. I don't know if they still do such now. I am a graduate, unemployed(officially), but to the best of my ability, I pay my bills.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by VickyRotex(f): 12:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Truckpusher:
See dem bad belle people. grin

Na fear casshh me cheesy cheesy
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by davidque007(m): 12:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Ignorance really is a chronic and difficult disease. When people saw CU and other private universities owned by churches, they rushed to insult and condemn them, accusing them of ripping off their members of tithes and offerings. They were quick to quote missionary schools with little no no fees, forgeting that missionary school were (are) cheap because they had foreign sponsorship. Without external sponsorship expect the fees to be similar to what you have just seen. The rich in the society is saddled with the responsibility of sponsoring the poor to schools

2 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by berrystunn(m): 12:41am On Oct 18, 2015
SCAM
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by ipledge10(m): 12:44am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Thank God for Federal University

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

And u will still be given UNILORIN Tab

Even sef SUG go give u school bag

Even dem go give u flash drive

When you are in Part 2,3,4 u will go back to 30K

U will def spend that #730,000 For your undergraduate degree in a Federal University. grin

Tho Private Universities are good to some extent wink

But I thank God for d Federal Uni I dey grin

I paid #2300 for accomodation,#21000 school fees #20000 acceptance fee sad for first year in oau...2nd year na #11000 be my total fee

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by daryoor(m): 1:13am On Oct 18, 2015
they said maximum so minimum can be 10 naira
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Tushborn: 1:21am On Oct 18, 2015
tchidi:
sad shocked All my school fees, daga Year 1 zuwa final year no reach 730k!! shocked Well done o!! God will provide.
ina sonki fah
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 18, 2015
tchidi:

From my sojourn through the north. smiley
I had to do some small work there so I learnt it to communicate. smiley
Alright, thats cool
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by JayJustus(m): 1:47am On Oct 18, 2015
I study outside Nigeria and my fees is the same...lol...

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by ademusiwa5: 1:49am On Oct 18, 2015
[size=38pt]nairaland is bias.. Here is the correct picture of the catholic University..

Why not call it Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie university
[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827957_2827946untitledjpegf00b416e41190686e1165a3b44a1bf51_jpeg2468b68c1accd80a3290fdb3bdfd9529

3 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Ramos16(m): 1:54am On Oct 18, 2015
domopps:
Op did you just say N730 or what? I tot these are the people preaching against Oyedepo and the likes that Covenant and Landmark University are built with ppl's tithe and offering respectively even suggested that the schls shld run on FOC!

Now unveiling the almighty Augustine university that the highest fee will be N730k

Hypocrite set of ppl as if they don't pay lecturers and board of mgt in Covenant and Landmark university Salary! And my guess is Augustine University was actually built with IMF LOAN! Jokers

Cheeeeers

You obviously are a very ignorant person, with very little intelligence, no offence smiley, I do not know where you get your news of the Catholic church spitting Oyedepo and his likes, last time I checked it was fellow "Pentecostal" worshipers that do the spitting..

Why I say you are not smart, why bring your case up now, when if you look around, you will see a lot of catholic schools which are the most expensive in the country, especially their secondary school... I have not heard of a Catholic school that is not expensive, never heard of... So I feel it is foolishness for you to think that the Catholics spite Oyedepo, they barely know him seff.. and anybody with good level of intelligence should be able to point out the obvious to them (the Catholics), if at all I believe your story...

Do not let you shear hate for something cloud your judgement, it is one thing to just hate something or somebody and speak of it, it is another to be able to make sound judgement void of mawkishness.... and this goes to every other person out there, that is thinking with their leg instead of their head.... fix it or leg up...

4 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by menesheh(m): 1:57am On Oct 18, 2015
fearlesschicken:
*hiss*

This is very silly and outrageous! There are few jobs to go around and all this people can think of is to supply more labour to the economy when the demand for labour itself is low.
Why not think of ways to provide more jobs than thinking of ways to increase the unemployment rate in the country.

It's high time the Fg starts scrapping down this unis.....

It isn't the best option to close some of the Universities. A lettered unemployed person is better than a dumb unemployed counterpart because the former can join in the fight for liberation or revolution in better ethical way.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by bummyla(m): 2:52am On Oct 18, 2015
congratulations to all the catholic faithful! GOD is Good Indeed! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by richie44(m): 3:18am On Oct 18, 2015
guys d money wey go need to dy spend to run a schl not b beans
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 18, 2015
All is just a means of extorting cash from people after all is they same lecturers in federal university that will still teach there as par-time lecturer, so it is the same thing both federal and Nigerian private university students learn. i don't see any difference in they educational standards of graduates from private university, All is just dubious ways of making money in the name of church having its private university. University that church members build with there offering money but there own children can't afford to the fees, and they same church members will be happy that his church have a private university; university your children in their dream can't attend, what a pity. Its a big shame to our religious leaders. Is just matter of time, we will all die and face judgement on they last day.

Click on this link to Make some cash and also share the link http://PayRefe.com/?ref=157795
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by lawisong(m): 3:54am On Oct 18, 2015
Abeg when will a Muslim University be created? I believe the Muslims will have more human sympathy in terms of giving the best at a reasonable cost. Oh no, if only "boko" was not "haram" muslim schools would have given all these over-expensive missions school a good competition. N730,000 sey pope na my '' inlaw''?
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Remii(m): 5:31am On Oct 18, 2015
FriedPlantain:
mine was less than N20,000 from CAC primary school 1972 to 1990 when I left OAU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Richest Students In University Of Lagos / Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.