Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,975 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... (25054 Views)

My Plantain Merchandise To Plantain Farming Life-experience(pains And Gains Ser / Plantain Slicing Machine For Making Plantain Chips / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by masties2(f): 9:52am On Oct 29, 2015
Pavore9 u never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the inspiration. cheesy
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2015
masties2:

I have not started like I said earlier. I can get to ikotun to do a survey now but I have never seen any real plantain depot there like you have at Mushin and Ketu. I was thinking of you taking the leftovers there. I am not too sure you can sell of 40 dozen there but I am trying to test the market hence my order for one coach. I will get in touch with you.
Alright, Lemme Know When You Carry It Out...Are You Based In Ikotun?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
masties2:
Pavore9 u never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the inspiration. cheesy
Pavore9 Always Inspiring Nigerians All The Way From Kenya Since 1608
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2015
@pavore9, I So Much Love Your Write Up...I Always Have Been Thinking Outside The Box, Atleast, That Was What I Thought Until You Showed Me Another Outer Box Confined Within Another Outer Box...Lol. Thanks Man...When Are You Visiting Nigeria? We Need To Work Something On Biogas, It Also May Mean Me Coming Over To Kenya.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by alakara(m): 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
@pavore9 You av so many fans ooooooooo Pls wen ure coming to Nigeria I want to meet you.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
La - interesting thread grin grin grin
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by masties2(f): 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Djdoxxx, ur WhatsApp is not going. I need more information on the eggs supply on the other thread. Am currently at Ikotun will send feedback later.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
masties2:
Djdoxxx, ur WhatsApp is not going. I need more information on the eggs supply on the other thread. Am currently at Ikotun will send feedback later.
No, My Whatsapp Is Temporarily Not Available For Now...And Thats The Reason Why I Haven't Been Able To Upload Pixes...Waiting To Hear From You About The Ikotun Survey...I Am Presently In Lekki, Would Do Some Survey Here Soon By Visiting Around And Inquiring How Stuffs Go On Here...Anybody In Lekki Who Knows If There Is Any Main Market Here ?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
masties2:
I Will Update Informations On The Egg Supplies On The Egg Thread, Meanwhile, What Are Your Questions?

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Pavore9: 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
djdoxxx:
@pavore9, I So Much Love Your Write Up...I Always Have Been Thinking Outside The Box, Atleast, That Was What I Thought Until You Showed Me Another Outer Box Confined Within Another Outer Box...Lol. Thanks Man...When Are You Visiting Nigeria? We Need To Work Something On Biogas, It Also May Mean Me Coming Over To Kenya.

Don't know when am visiting Nigeria but do have plans in the future to bring down a biogas plan that would be source of heat for our rural women who are into garri production. Having communities set up biogas plants to provide gas to fry garri cutting off the use of firewood as l know first hand what it entails frying garri with firewood. It is a very rural area friendly technology as the women themselves can easily manage them but getting them especially those in the south east to use castor oil seeds as a feedstock go be wahala as they use it as soup condiment but it has a very high calorific value and generates 50 times more gas than cow dung but funny enough it is regarded as weed here in Kenya!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by fairheven: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
djdoxxx:
Okay, Thats Good To Hear...So, Presently What Do You Do?

i beg how do i contact you?
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by kk4real: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
djdoxxx:
No, My Whatsapp Is Temporarily Not Available For Now...And Thats The Reason Why I Haven't Been Able To Upload Pixes...Waiting To Hear From You About The Ikotun Survey...I Am Presently In Lekki, Would Do Some Survey Here Soon By Visiting Around And Inquiring How Stuffs Go On Here...Anybody In Lekki Who Knows If There Is Any Main Market Here ?

The main markets (in quote) there's really no big market in or around lekki/Ajah axis. The 3 markets i know around are Oniru market along the first alternative toll gate route, Jakande market at jakande roundabout and Ajah market by Ajah roundabout.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
FAJFARM:

Well done I really appreciate your quick response to ones aid. Can I know how d calculation is done. Coz I tried calculating it with an acre to arrive that 1110 but cldnt get it. Thanks
You are welcome.

1 hectare = 10,000sq.mtre
10ft=3m
Using 3m by 3m spacing on 10,000 sq.mtre
The total number of suckers to be on the farm is 10,000/9 = 1111 suckers thereabout......Now you know as a farmer you will need simple mathematics skills grin grin

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by FAJFARM(m): 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

You are welcome.

1 hectare = 10,000sq.mtre
10ft=3m
Using 3m by 3m spacing on 10,000 sq.mtre
The total number of suckers to be on the farm is 10,000/9 = 1111 suckers thereabout......Now you know as a farmer you will need simple mathematics skills grin grin
Yea zir! now I get it
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by iamord(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2015
Hello house. Please which is the most lucrative agriculture product for processing. As a medium scale. With reasonable returns
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by TUBLEZ(m): 9:14am On Nov 01, 2015
Who has Cassava and hard wood charcoal to supply
Watsap me or call 08121680787
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by masties2(f): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
Sorry for my late reply. I have been very busy. The Ikotun survey went well and I was able to get some customers. However, I discovered from interactions with them that Ikotun market cannot absorb a high amount of plantain. I met the plantain leader and he was very positive although he has a lot of people offloading for him. Ikotun is willing to buy at a higher price than Ketu but business will be slower and you would be forced to spend days to sell off your mechanize. I would advice that after selling off at Ketu the left overs be brought to Ikotun or get the contacts of buyers at Ikotun and deliver their goods to them.
P.S - How much did you sell to Ikotun market women last? Selling is also direct as there is no Olobe.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by iamord(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
masties2:
Sorry for my late reply. I have been very busy. The Ikotun survey went well and I was able to get some customers. However, I discovered from interactions with them that Ikotun market cannot absorb a high amount of plantain. I met the plantain leader and he was very positive although he has a lot of people offloading for him. Ikotun is willing to buy at a higher price than Ketu but business will be slower and you would be forced to spend days to sell off your mechanize. I would advice that after selling off at Ketu the left overs be brought to Ikotun or get the contacts of buyers at Ikotun and deliver their goods to them.
P.S - How much did you sell to Ikotun market women last? Selling is also direct as there is no Olobe.
Don't u think processing the rest may be more lucrative and give higher earnings
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
Pavore9:

Don't know when am visiting Nigeria but do have plans in the future to bring down a biogas plan that would be source of heat for our rural women who are into garri production. Having communities set up biogas plants to provide gas to fry garri cutting off the use of firewood as l know first hand what it entails frying garri with firewood. It is a very rural area friendly technology as the women themselves can easily manage them but getting them especially those in the south east to use castor oil seeds as a feedstock go be wahala as they use it as soup condiment but it has a very high calorific value and generates 50 times more gas than cow dung but funny enough it is regarded as weed here in Kenya!
Will Be Expecting Your Arrival.Would Do More Research On Castor Oil Seeds Here, Seems More Cost Effective And Better Than Buying Cows For Production Of Faeces And Alot Cleaner To Getting Faeces As Feedstock To The Plant System...Thanks For The Info Pavore9.Regards.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
fairheven:

i beg how do i contact you?
I Have My Contact On My Signature...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2015
kk4real:

The main markets (in quote) there's really no big market in or around lekki/Ajah axis. The 3 markets i know around are Oniru market along the first alternative toll gate route, Jakande market at jakande roundabout and Ajah market by Ajah roundabout.
Thanks So Much For This Info...I Bought A Bunch Of Ripe Plantain Here In Lekki Two Days Ago For #500. It Had 9 Plantain Pieces...If The Island Had A Main Market Of Plantain, It Would Have Been The Best Place To Bring Plantain Down To.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 12:02am On Nov 02, 2015
masties2:
Thanks So Much For This Info...You Have Been Very Helpful...I Would Need To Stick To Your Advice. I Was Able To Sell Each Dozen For 4k...Note That The Plantain Itself Were Already Getting Black Which Made Their Value Drop.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by mfm04622: 8:59am On Nov 02, 2015
Pavore9:

Hello, please do you have any material on the conversion of Castor Oil seed to biogas? I prefer PDF but welcome video too. Thanks in advance
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Pavore9: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2015
mfm04622:

Hello, please do you have any material on the conversion of Castor Oil seed to biogas? I prefer PDF but welcome video too. Thanks in advance

It is not a complicated process, just grind the seeds with a machine like the ones used by those who locally grind tomatoes/pepper for a fee, the pulp gotten from it is then poured into the digester...that is all!
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by mfm04622: 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
Pavore9:

It is not a complicated process, just grind the seeds with a machine like the ones used by those who locally grind tomatoes/pepper for a fee, the pulp gotten from it is then poured into the digester...that is all!

Thanks. What is castor seed called in any of the major Nigerian language. Thanks
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Pavore9: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
mfm04622:

Thanks. What is castor seed called in any of the major Nigerian language. Thanks

In the south east, it is called Ogiri igbo.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by patr007: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks for the info, I'm currently in talks with a client in UAE who wants plantain but don't know how is works, How many dozen/bunch of plaintain makes up a Ton?. And the cost of transporting to Lagos?, inclusive of road taxes and all?. Please I need info ASAP. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 1:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
patr007:
Thanks for the info, I'm currently in talks with a client in UAE who wants plantain but don't know how is works, How many dozen/bunch of plaintain makes up a Ton?. And the cost of transporting to Lagos?, inclusive of road taxes and all?. Please I need info ASAP. Thanks.
Plantain Bunches Are Not Usually Measured By Weight, Of Course Except When They Are Processed And Milled Already. The Sizes Of Plantain Bunches Differ From Each Other And The Number Of Pieces That Makes Up A Bunch Differs Too. The Term Used To Describe Very Big Plantain Bunches Is Called 'Select'...These Are Very Big Plantain Bunches That Commands Heavy Pay At The Market When You Transport Them To The City. The Cost Of Transportation Depends On Two Factors (1) Mode Of Transportation (2) Distance Of Purchase Point To Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by djdoxxx(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
I would be uploading pictures before I commence updates on my second merchandise to ketu which was completed yesterday...so many things happened - good and bad!!! And I would update all of them so everyone can learn from my own experience...the second trip was much more a success as we understood the market already but...
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2015
Guy all this while posting us abut de pic am sure abut u joor, we all know of lesguniageria, jethro and world1 but you, u r just talking talking and talking come on it doesn't take that long to upload prove urself.
Re: My First Plantain Merchandise To Lagos... by masties2(f): 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2015
Djdoxxx, are you in Ketu with goods? I had some customers from Ikotun calling to ask about supplying them. I would love to come over to Ketu to see you and buy some plantain.Regards

I think it is better to process the leftovers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Quality Galvanize Movable Fish Ponds / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures / What Would It Cost Me To Raise 500 Broilers To Maturity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.