Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark (44854 Views)

SGF Babachir Lawal Reacts To His Suspension, Speaks To State House Reporters / How SGF, Babachir Lawal Was Suspended Inside Osinbajo’s Office / President Buhari Suspends SGF Babachir Lawal And DG NIA Ayodele Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by bellville: 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
The SGF position is quite sensitive and requires tremendous diplomacy, tact and finesse. With these utterances, it's obvious Babachir lacks these attributes. I foresee a replacement.

Shop for books. Check my signature.
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Ibman: 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
He was 101% correct. The northern leaders will never select a Christian northerner to be SGF if the position is meant for the north. Now this is a clear fact...they just want the man to be removed so that they will get back their birth right.

3 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by thundafire: 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
muslims re dy cause of our problems

3 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by ikombe: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
AngryNigerian:
Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section...just a reminder
how can u serve a plate of food and keep it on the ground , den tell the rats in ur house no to go near it .

1 Like

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by sweetgala(m): 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
He should not have said such a thing, he made an assumption and accused many people. This is a man who has served being a minority in his state and also got elected into office of the SGF under a northern Muslim president. It is wrong and divisive for him to make such claims.

When Dogara became the Speaker he did so with the support of northern Muslim colleagues, when Jonathan emerged as the sole champion of PDP he did so through the empowerment by his northern Muslim colleagues also, any attempt to call a dog a bad name so as to kill it by Balbachir David Lawal should be condemned , his victim card can not work here.

2 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by AnanseK(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
resty4:
SFG said d truth bt northern muslims wl never agree. Meanwhile why were de angry when de dscva that d SFG is a xriten? De air dya dspment in BBC.VOA n Dutchevele hausa services.

So who gave the final approval to the recommendation made by the sympathetic egalitarian and just southerners ? There are people bent on ensuring enemity and mistrust that Buhari is fighting.

I wait for their " conspiracy theory " expalanation on Buharis removal of Danladi Kifasi ( a northerner ) from the position of Head of Service and appointing - Mrs. winnifred Oya-Ita who is a woman a Southerner and a Christian - All what they ( wailers) are desperately trying to convince us that are attributes hated by Buhari.

1 Like

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
fratermathy:
Anyway, everyone is entitled to say whatever s/he wants to say. I believe that Babachir must have had a reason for saying what he said however absurd. I am also of the opinion that what he said is a true representation of facts. Left to the North, no Christian minority, even from their zone, can cling any political position. It needed to be said and he said it. He said it in a church and not a political gathering. These factors come to play in understanding why he did.

However, not unlike Nigerians, people must stir up still waters over a simple issue. Omonnakoda, see your brothers!!!
. And who told you Christians are in the minority there?
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by henrysam(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
dunkem21:
grin ..Freedom after speech ..grin
....might not be guaranteed
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by manuroq(m): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
He was just being grateful to God can't nigerians ever do without controversies?

2 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Olushta: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
There is freedom of speech,but freedom after the speech is what u're not guaranteed Mr SGF!

1 Like

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by bikefab(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nigerian leaders playing politics with religion since the begining of creation.
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by ayindejimmy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nonsense!

What he said, is it for from the truth?

I suspect the antics of this Vanguard newspaper. They've been publishing unverified and anti-apc news with unflinching recklessness lately
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by fratermathy(m): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
ubecharles:
. And who told you Christians are in the minority there?

I cant remember implying or inferring such. I said Northerners would not allow Christian minorities rule over them. Christian minorities is not an ambiguous phrase.

2 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by A7(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
But Buhari is a core northerner and a Muslim, he have the final say but yet babachir is the sgf today.

I think this is a case of a closet bigot snitching on Muslims inside a church, this obviously is not his first rabble-rousing.

Christian or not, any public official that goes to religious gathering to utter such unguarded nonsense need to be tamed immediately.
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by bugzbunny: 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
IyaIode:
Ipob gossip newspaper.
What happened to removal of shiitu's name from ministerial screening.
Hv u come to fight for ur masters
Scratch face islamist

1 Like

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by bishopsele84: 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na today?he only said the obvious.religion of piss my ass

3 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
bugzbunny:
Hv u come to fight for ur masters Scratch face islamist
Ur mama dey mad?
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by babestella: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
sean079:
Ain't disappointed, it has to be vanguard. The mouthpiece of the opposition.

Why not take message and leave vanguard out of it.
Someone must publish the story after all.

1 Like

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Natifa(f): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
did he rilli have to shout his insecurities out loud? where is his confidence? The way i see it, he doesn't even think he is good enuf for the post.

1 Like

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Gboliwe: 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Babachir has just been marked! His end just started. Poor him

3 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by zimoni(f): 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
bugzbunny:
Bloody Islamists everywhere...
Body odour government
Northern parasites
Nonsense

I Dey Tell You.
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by meforyou1(m): 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
Natifa:
did he rilli have to shout his insecurities out loud? where is his confidence?
The way i see it, he doesn't even think he is good enuf for the post.
why do you northern Islamists see everything from religious angle?

4 Likes

Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by godwin120alex: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
Naija I don tire for its situation
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by 2n2k(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
babestella:

Why not take message and leave vanguard out of it.
Someone must publish the story after all.

You believe that Vanguard story is not a figment of imagination of Soni Daniel that wrote the fiction. He just second-guess what he thought would happen. Why didn't he name one or two of the so-called northern leaders that attended the meeting? What day did the meeting take place exactly? Was it the northern leaders that now leaked the story to him?
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by buntubuntu: 10:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
Truth is a scarce commodity in Nigeria. He simply said d gospel truth, why persecute him?
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Chiboy484(m): 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
Nigeria is for eberybody,and remember I belong to nobody I belong to everybody
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by ArodeTsolaye: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
and some southern slaves want Biafrans to remain in this sh1thole.
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by Allee90: 10:30pm On Oct 21, 2015
bugzbunny:
Bloody Islamists everywhere...
Body odour government
Northern parasites
Nonsense

Call us any name but you cant change the fact that we own Nigeria and we will forever see you as a slave and second class citizen in the eyes of Hausa Fulanis
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by dahaz(m): 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
I stopped reading when i saw vanguard newspaper as the source of the story. Believe vanguard at your own perile
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by lebete3000: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Oildichotomy:
[size=15pt]Over to the lying liars and the sycophantic butt-lickers!

Food don done !! Start justifying the sweetness of the buttt!![/size]

Lmao @ "justifying the sweetness of the buttt" more like "emi Phnyo! Baba Igbo! kinma tedi! kinma ladi!

Iranu!
Re: SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark by abimic(m): 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
cold:
Whilst that may be true. Such divisive utterances shouldn't be coming the SGF. More often than not,political correctness is necessary when you're so high up the ladder. Now Buhari has the latitude to remove him for 'heating up the polity'. Their favorite phrase.
He can't be replaced so soon as the Position of SGF isn't an office one changes like diapers. The guy stated the obvious and was over flogging dead issue. The northern Elites have held this country to Ransom that many bow at their feet for upliftment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Door-To-Door Campaign For Buhari & Osinajo: Pretty Ladies Employed (Photos) / US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] / Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Lining Up With "School" Bag To Board A Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.