Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch (41827 Views)

Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Barney11: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Original Igbo blood in me!!hate it or not!which one be Akure Abeg brothers leave that town and go to Hausa land cos they are more accommodating?i love Igbo!
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sweetgala(m): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable

Actually he does, the British system adopted after independence confers a lot of native authority on certain recognised kings.

He had the right to appont district heads, the Eze N'digbo can call himself what ever he wishes when with his people but in the presence of the Deji he must respect the latest authority and dominion over Akure

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by akinalex(m): 10:21am On Oct 22, 2015
akinalex:

Why are you guys always bragging, its a common knowledge that traditional institutions precceding government Akure monach is more powerful than the Governor when it come to the culture and traditional issues in Akure.

trash!! He can't do that..hes not the state government

[color=#006600]You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win. Ask northern nigeria how they're looking now, ask the oba that wished them death by lagoon how his people are dying in the lagoon(they say am insensitive by saying this but what da hell..)

If this news is true, then the oba and his people have difficult days ahead. Am not bragging, am just stating the obvious

Before you talk, remember what led to this..the dressing of an Igbo that honored his invitation. After Wch the Igbo apologized after being humiliated..it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right

[/color]
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by tete7000(m): 10:22am On Oct 22, 2015
sinkhole:
did you not read that Ondo governor called the two and pleaded with the Deji? He actually approved the Deji's conditions and invariably asked the so-called eze to fullfil them!

I guess he was just being diplomatic and the reason I will expect the Oba to also mellow down and use diplomacy rather than sheer authority and power. If some of these issues are taken to the court, we may be surprised of the rights these people have under the law but what will it benefit anyone when Nigerians who suppose to live in harmony suddenly become embroiled in unnecessary legal tussle with its other attendant unforeseen consequences?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Dindondin(m): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2015
wezegrim:
Igbo ain't rude.love my heritage
we know that its not all Igbos that are rude.
but you can see that the Eze whatever in Akure over stepped his boundary.
Last Bullet
Don't brag, don't be rude to your host community.
that's the lesson

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Kessyy2k4(m): 10:24am On Oct 22, 2015
if u say Ndigbo to go die in the lagoon lipsrsealed they will say Yoruba OBAS hate dem

Ndibgo change ur wayscheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by macof(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2015
teeboila:
this hate campaign will only plunge you to an abyss of self destruction or what have the peaceful existence of the igbo in yorubaland done to you. only lazy and naive folks like you who thinks igbo makes more profit doing bussiness in yorubaland thinks and spit trash about the igbo this way. stripping the eze of his title is more than enough but closing of his kinsmen sho ise) ps and denying them their means of livelihood thats harsh. if you are learned then you will know no part of Nigeria constitution support the Oba to infringe on his subject human right irrespective of what the eze has done. once again am a yoruba man(Ka ma ranti omo eni ti an se ninu gbogbo ohun ti a ba n se, yala ni ero tabi ni ise)

Go back to where you are coming from. The igbos decided to close their own chops. .. better for them
Stop saying nonsense if you got nothing to say
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by tete7000(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

Dont compare Apples and Oranges.

Both are powerful..... in different spheres.

One is the ultimate TRADITIONAL POWER...

While the other is the Ultimate POLITICAL POWER in the same state.

That is Free Education for you, courtesy of Chief Awolowo.

Now, run away before l charge you "ego"

Lastpage!

Thank you. Another question though. If the situation arises, can the governor depose the king just like Abacha did with Dasuki?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sabi99(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

What is this one saying?

When you are told to go to school, you said no that you are interested in trading. Now see what it has caused.

It is APOLOGY and not APOPLOGY.
I saw ur profile picture...a labelled ear of course....now let this vibrate in ur ossicles,incus,hammer and stapes,even d tympanic membrane that d yorubas aint shit...u said d ibos av refused 2 go 2 school....yet u hear of pple like philips emeagwali who is now billgates righthand man in. sw(software) development,22yr old ohuabunwa who is d first black man to break the US record in neuroscience.....and so many other ibos u know...only ato eze will buy all d yoruba land with his money........d ibos should b likened 2 israelites cos u can never stop them from progressing n they are blessed.....just think about this.....after d biafra was won by our fulani counterparts all ibos were left with nothing with their houses all burnt down and were penniless at that time. But now d Ibos have risen beyond everyones expectation,good houses everywhere with good businesses....but our rivals then still have mud houses,no formal education given 2 them, cattle rearers evrywer.......one thing that baffles me with yorubas only form of trading is their 7coloured malaria medicine which sells a #50 naira 4 a jug with #20 sweet given freely 2 soothe d bitterness of their local medicine, this is d on trade they r good at, nothing more.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by babestella: 10:37am On Oct 22, 2015
leke12:
Gud! A strong response to a rude set of people.

Phoolish comment from a donkey. It's ignorance that made you misconstrue the context in "Eze Ndigbo" title.
I guess you all called it king instead of seeing as a figurative head representing the gathering/residency of Igbo people in any community. The Igbos see "Eze Ndigbo" as a representative of the people and not a "king", but bigotry will also skew your sense of reason to read different meaning into the concept of the title.

I think your problems stems more from "complex" and negative idealistic values.
Argue with yourself.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Diligence: 10:40am On Oct 22, 2015
YORUBAS SHOULD FIRST OF ALL BAN EMIR IN KWARA STATE. THE FULANIS CEASED THEIR LAND AND HAD AN EMIR OVER THEIR LAND AND WOULD NOT ALLOW THEM HAVE OBA. SHAME ON THESE FOLKS. AS THE CONSTITUTION STATES, ANY PEOPLE CAN ASPIRE AND BECOME WHOEVER THEY WISH TO BECOME AND BE SO RECOGNISED IN ANY PART OF THIS ZOO. ABI NO BE ONE NIGERIA AGAIN. LET BIAFRA GO, U SAID NO, OKAY LET'S REMAIN AS ONE AND BE ONE AND EQUAL U ALSO SAID NO. CONFUSED ZOO, INDEED!
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sirnicson(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2015
THE LARGEST INTERNALLY DISPLACED ETHNIC GROUPS IN NIGERIA
1. IGBO - 57Million live outside the Southeast
2. HAUSA/FULANI - 51Million live south of the River Niger/Benue
3. YORUBA - 33Million live outside of the Southwest
4. WEST NIGER-DELTANS (Urhobo/Itshekiri/Ijaws) - 4.7Million live outside Delta/Bayelsa/River States
5. EAST NIGER-DELTANS (Kalabaris/Ibibios) - 3.2Million live outside AkwaIbom/CrossRiver States
6. BINIS - 3Million live outside Edo State

- Haaretz.com
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by UnclePati: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2015
Boy. Did u say tribes cleansing. So u mean in this time and age d igbos will sit down and watch d yorubas kill their people without doing nothing.

Please tink again. Don't burn this country.
Don't start a war that you will not fight.

Right to kill does not belong to the yorubas alone. .... The igbos will also slaughter your people in your own homeland and they will return home and kill those pig head yorubas they can find in south south and south east.

You can never bring an army of Yoruba people to fight igbos in onitsha. But the igbos have armies of young men in your city.

They will fight back and kill u in ur own homeland. They will destroy your city and return home afterwards.

Hausa fulani will not come fight your war for you this time.... believe me....you tribal bigot.

quote author=GentleToks post=39230998]

I am an Akure indigene(both sides). I lived in Akure for almost 26 years before moving to next level.

Akure is a place where Igbos could refer to as their home anytime any day considering their peaceful co-existence with Akure indigenes and Yorubas in that city. Igbos are having a blast in that city; no tribal issues, no disturbance from any quarter. It's all about making Benjamis for Igbos in that city and Igbos community is making that Benjamins cos there is peace.

However, it ll be suicidal for Igbos in Akure not to be boundary conscious like Hausas/Fulanis in Akure. Akure indigenes are the last people in South West that Igbos want to play around with. Akure indigenes would destroy all Igbos business in that city in less than 24hrs.

Igbos businesses are mainly concentrated at Ilesha garage(spare parts), Iro junction all the way to Isinkan(Electronics), Oba-Adesida (Boutiques) and Arakale(Building materials).

Unfortunately, Akure is not as big as Lagos hence, Akure indigenes know where and where all Igbos in Akure live with their families. It will be a straight forward tribal cleansing if the whole thing gets out of hand.

Igbos who are old enough to experience Omoboriowo Akure riot in 80s must have warned their kinsmen as to what would befall them in eventuality of riot(war) in Akure.

I ll implore Igbos to do what they have been doing for over 50years to maintain a peaceful relationship with Yorubas in that City. Igbos have made so much money and deserve to enjoy their sweat by staying away from trouble. Money gives you unnecessary pride and this pride could lead to one's downfall.
[/quote]
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Diligence: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2015
IN GHANA, AN EZE-INDIGBO IS A MEMBER OF GHANA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL (GTC), AND BACK IN NIGERIA, SO-CALLED ONE NIGERIA, A YORUBA IS HAVING SLEEPLESS NIGHT OVER AN EZE-NDIGBO IN MERE AKURE. ALTHOUGH I COMMEND MIMIKO FOR INTERVENING.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable

hehhe! Calm down! Cultural affairs in another tribe's domain? The Deji or any other Oba inYoruba land has 100 percent authority on any one living within his jurisdiction. If the Igbos don't like it that way, they should return to their villages! Nothing laughable here but the right action by the Deji.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by tobyemmanuel(m): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2015
boxer022:
Personally since the Monarch of the state has dethroned the eze ndi igbo and has also stopped the traders from opening their shop I believe the best thing to do is leave the state and move to another SS and SE state where they will be more accepted. That is my own opinion.

Modified! U are brilliant
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by fredopareto(m): 10:49am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
u re a fool..

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:
trash!! He can't do that..hes not the state government

You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win. Ask northern nigeria how they're looking now, ask the oba that wished them death by lagoon how his people are dying in the lagoon(they say am insensitive by saying this but what da hell..)

If this news is true, then the oba and his people have difficult days ahead. Am not bragging, am just stating the obvious

Before you talk, remember what led to this..the dressing of an Igbo that honored his invitation. After Wch the Igbo apologized after being humiliated..it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right

Lies & Pride can never be found wanting in the livestyle of the Igbos
It's in their DNA

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lanrexdo(m): 10:51am On Oct 22, 2015
Help me ask them oo.. This bigot will come to yoruba land and start nonesense. A Good move by the OBA...

princemillla:
Why having eze ndigbo in the zoo ?

Wen I saw Igbo shops in akure I was like what!
Igbo are really dominating everywhere.
Is there oba or baale in any of the igboland?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lanrexdo(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2015
Abi.. it is not by force to stay there.. Don't worry, The yoruba there who has the same business will flourish too. Igbo people are naturally RUDE ARROGANT AND FULL OF THEMSELVES.
tobyemmanuel:

Modified! U are brilliant
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by mavinc4u(f): 10:56am On Oct 22, 2015
And people said is a one Nigeria, one Nigeria my foot. if I remember clearly; Akure are the same people that sent their people to east to learn trade so where is that love? Inferiority complex is a disease that kills gradually. Someone apologized for a sin he said he never Committed but deji is not satisfied with it instead he is acting idi amin on top of the matter and people are praising him,this is how generational curse spreads; what did you do when an innocent man is being slaughtered in your presence? can someone tell me the difference between the deji and the chief priest that crucified Jesus? All happened because of pride; imagine the son of a carpenter, imagine an igbo man. He should have demanded for his head.
Anyway, the Eze ndi igbo shouldn't aplogized base on deji's request rather he should call on God to come down with his angelic hosts to apologize to Deji on his behalf as his apology would melt deji's iron heart to a soft heart. I wonder how a king with an unrepentant and unforgiving heart would settle dispute in his community; this is very risky and serious.

Personally, I would not spend a kobo to tender that apology, if deji likes let him shit scorpion; it does not concern me because that Scorpion would bite him mercilessly (o nwuo anwu,anwu agba gbuo ya). Anything that Would happen tomorrow should happen today make we see am. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by arewaempire: 11:00am On Oct 22, 2015
jaxxy:

Agreed the Igbos made a mistake and have apologized or have they not? So y is the Deji still bringing up funny and undue conditions that's y I said hypocrisy/self righthoues cos these are people who know the agreements they had between themselves wen u and I were not there.

Whatever speculated dirty deals they had behind the scenes does not stop the Oba from taking decisive action against the transgressors so as to serve as a lesson to others else where who harbour such intentions.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Diligence:
IN GHANA, AN EZE-INDIGBO IS A MEMBER OF GHANA TRADITIONAL COUNCIL (GTC), AND BACK IN NIGERIA, SO-CALLED ONE NIGERIA, A YORUBA IS HAVING SLEEPLESS NIGHT OVER AN EZE-NDIGBO IN MERE AKURE. ALTHOUGH I COMMEND MIMIKO FOR INTERVENING.

The Eze-ndigbo in Ghana is a wise one who neither mis-behave nor go against the culture of the Ashantis.
The Eze-ndigbo in Akure was dealt with as he could not respect his title.
In Awka, Anambra state, (Eke-Awka market to be precise) there is a Yoruba community whose leader neither call himself an Oba nor use his position to favour his people. the same law binding the Igbos bind them as well. They respect themselves and for that fact there are always being recognize in almost every state function; I witness their performances during the 100 days of Willie in office, even his recent birthday celebration as a serving corp member.

Get your fact straight

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by gabng(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

Dumbest post ever.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lovely17(m): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2015
emmalexabl:
Is the apoplogy only on 9ja stations ??

what if we apologise on CNN.,BBC or may be AL-JAZEERA...

This yoruba monarchs are all clowns.

BIAFRA IS ALREADY HERE...
you must have been reading Ben Carson's "THINK BIG " lately right?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Banter1(m): 11:08am On Oct 22, 2015
leke12:
Gud! A strong response to a rude set of people.
very rude bobos.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by GentleToks(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2015
malonephill:
I am a yoruba, but I pity my ibo brothers they think akure is lagos, iro and isolo guys are patiently waiting for ibo to try anything stupid!

Its also a pity most of 'em have nowhere to go to, if they ask them to leave

I was brought up in Isolo; I know what's up and i believed Igbos who have lived in Akure for years know better.

Iro boys are not smiling.....

Gov. Mimiko and Agagu know what i am saying if u ask them...

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ayoemrys(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2015
emmalexabl:
Is the apoplogy only on 9ja stations ??
what if we apologise on CNN.,BBC or may be AL-JAZEERA...
This yoruba monarchs are all clowns.
BIAFRA IS ALREADY HERE...
a fool at 30 will forever be a fool
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by jaxxy(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2015
arewaempire:

Whatever speculated dirty deals they had behind the scenes does not stop the Oba from taking decisive action against the transgressors so as to serve as a lesson to others else where who harbour such intentions.

Nobody said don't take actions bt don't play hipocrite. Even d oba knws better than that. He just trying to either save face or play to d gallery. Is this the only persons dat hv transgressed b4? And for a problem he started with his own hands by accepting d title in his land which shud nt hv been b4? He shud disband d Eze title if he like bt he shud keep quiet also cos he Brot it to been for he's own self gains.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by shogz89: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by GentleToks(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2015
mavinc4u:
And people said is a one Nigeria, one Nigeria my foot. if I remember clearly; Akure are the same people that sent their people to east to learn trade so where is that love? Inferiority complex is a disease that kills gradually. Someone apologized for a sin he said he never Committed but deji is not satisfied with it instead he is acting idi amin on top of the matter and people are praising him,this is how generational curse spreads; what did you do when an innocent man is being slaughtered in your presence? can someone tell me the difference between the deji and the chief priest that crucified Jesus? All happened because of pride; imagine the son of a carpenter, imagine an igbo man. He should have demanded for his head.
Anyway, the Eze ndi igbo shouldn't aplogized base on deji's request rather he should call on God to come down with his angelic hosts to apologize to Deji on his behalf as his apology would melt deji's iron heart to a soft heart. I wonder how a king with an unrepentant and unforgiving heart would settle dispute in his community; this is very risky and serious.

Personally, I would not spend a kobo to tender that apology, if deji likes let him shit scorpion; it does not concern me because that Scorpion would bite him mercilessly (o nwuo anwu,anwu agba gbuo ya). Anything that Would happen tomorrow should happen today make we see am. Nonsense.

This repulsive attitude of your kinsmen was what led to Pogrom, Igbo coup, civil war and what we are all witnessing today.

It's shame that no single Igbo man has what it takes to live in a foreign land.

The question you all Igbos failed to ask yourselves is this "If Igbos have been living in that city for over 50years without any issue like this or any other one, How come the same King and people are suddenly fighting the same Igbos?

You and i know that it has a known fact that in all Nigeria history, Igbos have never accepted responsibility for anything. They are always victims....

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by mideactive: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2015
Must u be so dumb?u can't even understand d meaning of "Oja Oba",I don't expect u 2 to reason well anyway.get educated b4 u make coments on issues.learn d meaning of "Oja Oba",den you should be able to judge if ur igbo head in Akure has d right to chose a leader of dat market.stop making a case where there's non

Diligence:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Remembering Kudirat Abiola, 19 Years After Her Assassination (pictures) / Ekenedirichukwu Innocent Chima Held By Pakistani Gang Thank Nigerians / Appeal Court To Hear Suit Seeking To Swear In Atiku, Void Buhari’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.