Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch (41856 Views)

Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2015
oga blah blah blah.. u talk too much... plss do ur worst about it... i dare d igbos der... do ur worst in akure.. if na human being born una with constitutional right go n open shop der widout deji's authority.. ibos plss do ur worst.. deji has spoken.. plss i beg una do ur worst.. i want u pple to see n b shocked...
PHIPEX:
While I agree that traditional stool has to be revered, it's absolutely immature for the Oba of Akure to issue this kind of condition aimed not to restore peace but to humiliate. If the Nigeria state folds its hand and allow this to take root let it be known that the ripple effect can transcend beyond the Southwest. The traditional authority across the geopolitical zone has no absolute power to close down the economic activity of lawful citizens of this country as long as the constitution remains.

It's easy to see it as a victory for the Oba but it could turn out to be a case of pennywise and pound foolish. There are better ways to restore peace and sanity in Akure rather than act like an absolute dictator. This can be viewed like a perfect case of inferiority complex, why should an Oba feel threatened because another dressed like a king? Will Queen Elizabeth feel threatened if another man dresses like a king in London.

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by HrmOlolade(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2015
kajoula:

we all know they are rude and ill mannered but not to the extent of killing,lets love our fellow brothers and accommodate their weaknesses.
WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS.
Thanks, one love

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by GentleToks(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:
trash!! He can't do that..hes not the state government

You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win. Ask northern nigeria how they're looking now, ask the oba that wished them death by lagoon how his people are dying in the lagoon(they say am insensitive by saying this but what da hell..)

If this news is true, then the oba and his people have difficult days ahead. Am not bragging, am just stating the obvious

Before you talk, remember what led to this..the dressing of an Igbo that honored his invitation. After Wch the Igbo apologized after being humiliated..it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right

I am an Akure indigene(both sides). I lived in Akure for almost 26 years before moving to next level.

Akure is a place where Igbos could refer to as their home anytime any day considering their peaceful co-existence with Akure indigenes and Yorubas in that city. Igbos are having a blast in that city; no tribal issues, no disturbance from any quarter. It's all about making Benjamis for Igbos in that city and Igbos community is making that Benjamins cos there is peace.

However, it ll be suicidal for Igbos in Akure not to be boundary conscious like Hausas/Fulanis in Akure. Akure indigenes are the last people in South West that Igbos want to play around with. Akure indigenes would destroy all Igbos business in that city in less than 24hrs.

Igbos businesses are mainly concentrated at Ilesha garage(spare parts), Iro junction all the way to Isinkan(Electronics), Oba-Adesida (Boutiques) and Arakale(Building materials).

Unfortunately, Akure is not as big as Lagos hence, Akure indigenes know where and where all Igbos in Akure live with their families. It will be a straight forward tribal cleansing if the whole thing gets out of hand.

Igbos who are old enough to experience Omoboriowo Akure riot in 80s must have warned their kinsmen as to what would befall them in eventuality of riot(war) in Akure.

I ll implore Igbos to do what they have been doing for over 50years to maintain a peaceful relationship with Yorubas in that City. Igbos have made so much money and deserve to enjoy their sweat by staying away from trouble. Money gives you unnecessary pride and this pride could lead to one's downfall.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by baralatie(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2015
wezegrim:
Igbo ain't rude.love my heritage
it is true just that the ones that are rude open their mouths to say they represent Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2015
FTBOY:
exactly my point! the title and the crown are not necessary.......our people just dey fall dem hand anyhow

It is such an easy thing to resolve.

As I always say, stupidity is dangerous to society. This fooool could have cost unnecessary bloodshed.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2015
good.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by hensben(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

What I wrote is fact. As an Igbo man, I am bound by the constitution of Nigeria not the laws of your Deji. What do you think Nigeria is all about? Yoruba laws? Hausa law? Igbo law? No. It's all about what the constitution allows me and under that constitution, I'm entitled under freedom of association and expression to have an 'Eze Ndigbo' anywhere in Yoruba land.
Eze ndigbo is a traditional settings not constitutional( as you claim which is correct) so Oba of Akure has a say in it since he is the head of all traditional rulers of the land(Akure). So you saying Eze ndigbo( a traditional setting) has every right to do and undo in Akure that have a monarch (Oba) is high level of ignorant and chest beating.
Yorubas are even tolerant. You can't even have Eze ndigbo in Edo not to talk of presiding over anything.

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

dont get too emotional with him

The Question you should al ask yourself, is staring you in the face:

Can that Yoruba/Hausa King/Sarakin/Oba/Eze go and remove someone your Igbo Eze selected to represent him, and impose their own choice in his place?

That is the issue at stake.

Address that issue and matter is settled.

Lastpage!

There is no conflict of authority when it comes to such matters in the South East. There is a governor and commissioner for commerce and trade who deal with such matters. The Ezes or whatever names they are called don't interfere in such matters.

They do not impose anybody on any association. Eg, Onitsha main market has its leadership and Omatta chairman. Obi of Onitsha can NEVER impose anyone on them. They have their election through which the traders vote and elect their leadership. Thats how things are done in the east. Mgbuka obosi, new tyre markets are the same. They are all in Onitsha and no eze or obi meddles in such matters. Enugu main market operates like that. Igwe nnaji or that of Awkunanaw can not impose anyone on them. It's undemocratic. Ariaria Aba also operates like that. At the garikis where the northerners sell their cows, no Eze meddles in their affairs or leadership. They are all citizens of the state, pay their taxes and market dues and that's it.

South East Ezes do not send or impose anyone to extort and collect taxes for him. The traders have their associations, they look after each other, motivate and support each other in times of misfortune, celebrate with each other in times of success.

South East States govt encourage these people knowing that they can't provide jobs for everyone so allow them the freedom to run their businesses as long as they are operating within the law.

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

The question should be have you ever moved out of your enclave before with the aim of starting a trade in the south east and was not allowed? Igbo land especially Enugu where i have stayed very well, their are a lot of Yorubas doing their various businesses and nobody disturbs them. Do you know why? It is because nobody has time for them not because they are saints, but because nobody actually has time for trivialities! The problem with the Yorubas is that they are paranoia and have deep-seated hatred for anything Igbo, hence they always read meaning to non issues. What started this problem is the alleged election of an Igbo man as the head of the market association. I think in any human organisation, the majority always carry the vote. If the election was conducted free and fair i don't know why there should be so much noise. Maybe the Yorubas are saying since it is in Yoruba land that the leader of the market union should always be a Yoruba. But such arrangement may not be feasible if a particular tribe has the majority number. The leadership of the market should be rotational among all the ethnic groups there to foster peaceful co-existent. It is not ideal that it should even be contemplated that only a Yoruba person should head the market union.

You "Nnyamirins" like to deceive yourselves too much.

An "authentic" Oba selected one of his subjects and anointed him "Babaloja" of Oja Oba (Head of the King's Market).

You strangersand your Eze "challenged his authority" and said you have elected one Nnyamirin ingrate as the head, thereby removing the one one the King selected.

Which King worth its salt will allow that to happen?

How many Yorubas own shops at Onitsha Market?

Abeggi, go back to your village if you cant behave yourselves.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2015
princemillla:
Why having eze ndigbo in the zoo ?

Wen I saw Igbo shops in akure I was like what!
Igbo are really dominating everywhere.
Is there oba or baale in any of the igboland?

No one stops you from going to open your own shop in other regions.

Go and open your own in Nnewi if it pains you.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by omoharry(f): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

I may not be based in Akure, but as far as I'm concerned as an Igbo man, the constitution is greater than the Deji. The constitution grants me the right to treat Akure as if it was Enugu. In other words, I can elect an 'Eze' and conduct any cultural event I want. The Deji is only a Monarch in his palace. Outside his Palace, he is just another Nigerian. I'm not bound by any law to respect him. So I encourage my fellow Igbos to forget about that Yoruba king and enjoy the freedom accorded to them by the constitution to conduct the traditional affairs anywhere in Nigeria
This is the arrogance people are talking about...who goes to another man house to insult his elders without an eye brow. can you guys tolerate this nonsense in your land..i am not an Igbo, Hausa nor a Yoruba person but i have to support the Yorubas' in this...what you cannot tolerate in your land, do not do so in another man's land...all this show of bravado over nothing will land you guys in trouble one day...will i say because the constitution allows every one to reside and do business in any state of the federation give another ethnic group the right to have a crowned king in your village in the east..will you guys tolerate such action? you guys will never tolerate that.How will you feel if you wake one morning to discover that a Baale in your region has been crowned and questioning the authority of your own high chief or king in your village........This is what i call arrogance, arrogant at its peak..Goodness..you guys will just not stop..later you will be shouting victimization when you are the ones disrespecting yourselves...if you don't have respect for others who will then respect you...EZE IN AKURE INDEED.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ephemmm: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2015
MrEverest:
This is ridiculous, laughable & crazy. What nonsense did I just read? This zoo of a country is supposed to have freedom of expression, freedom of speech, association, religion & cultural identity as well as to live anywhere within its borders! I cant believe this sh!t is happening!! The Igbos in that place must never do any of those nonsense that !d!ot requested of them. They should either forcefully open their business or leave that place !!

'leave that place' tongue tongue tongue

Biafra on point! But I don't think they will be ready to go back to red mud land full of erosion tongue tongue tongue
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2015
boxer022:
Personally since the Monarch of the state has dethroned the eze ndi igbo and has also stopped the traders from opening their shop I believe the best thing to do is leave the state and move to another state wheruthey will be more accepted. That is my own opinion.

Back home is where they are needed. Come and count, the number of Yoruba or Hausa men who have any form of investment in the East, then you will understand. They are not good in business, anywhere you settle you will still prosper so why not settle and develop your place. This has always been my stand not out of Bigotry but out of reality. Every time I went to the then Ama-Hausa to change money, I noticed that despite the volume of trade, the people still lived in houses made of corrugated roofing sheet. Igbo's would build mansions in Lagos, build in Maiduguri and any small issue one young calf will come online and threaten your investment..... it should be obvious he overheard his fathers and elders discussing such.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Tomtoxic: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You sure say you no be relation to this Oba!

Una Badt too much!

Lastpage!

lolz am Yoruba tho not from ondo and I live in Benin and respect d cultures of my host community to prevent stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by jaxxy(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

LIAR! LIAR!! LIAR!!!

Let them publish the Receipt!
undecided undecided grin grin

Lastpage!

Bro this is a statement made by a prominent memeber of the royal family in akure who said his view on the issue. He said the Eze indingbo title shudnt never have been at all in akure bt so called Deji brought it to being after collecting financial benefits from d Igbos. So all I'm saying is that he is part of the problem and he stop all this playing to the gallery and go back to their gentleman's agreement to sort things out.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by nnemmpi(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2015
All those parading themself as eze indigbo in Lagos, Ogun, osun,ondo, ekiti and Oyo are all criminal .they are not recognise in Igbo land. I am from IMO state,I know what am saying. I support the Yorubas in these one, because in IMO state where I hail from there is notting like Oba of Yoruba in IMO,anambra,abia,Enugu, ebonyi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ephemmm: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2015
PointB:

The state in question is in Nigeria, unless were you agree with the fact that we are talking about an area in the Zoo reserved for baboons or some kind of primitive hominid. If we still refer to the geographical entity as Nigeria, the people are not going anywhere until the country disintegrate. What they need to do is to enforce their constitutional rights against those motivated by inferiority complex and laziness!

the bolded got me laughing. it is ironical that the same Ibos agitating for Biafra are still the ones who don't want to leave the place they called zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by aylagos(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2015
wiseoneking:
Look at what this yorubas are messing with the igbos, even in their own land. YOU GUYS ARE TRULY COWARDS.
do u knw the meaning of coward ?

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by GentleToks(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2015
PHIPEX:
While I agree that traditional stool has to be revered, it's absolutely immature for the Oba of Akure to issue this kind of condition aimed not to restore peace but to humiliate. If the Nigeria state folds its hand and allow this to take root let it be known that the ripple effect can transcend beyond the Southwest. The traditional authority across the geopolitical zone has no absolute power to close down the economic activity of lawful citizens of this country as long as the constitution remains.

It's easy to see it as a victory for the Oba but it could turn out to be a case of pennywise and pound foolish. There are better ways to restore peace and sanity in Akure rather than act like an absolute dictator. This can be viewed like a perfect case of inferiority complex, why should an Oba feel threatened because another dressed like a king? Will Queen Elizabeth feel threatened if another man dresses like a king in London.

Yes, she(Queen) would. I live in London and i know how revered they have made their Queen to become in the World. You don't dare go to Buckingham Palace with your first class crown(1st class king) or wear hand gloves to shake the Queen.

You bow to Queen picture when you are getting your British passport and the list of what not to do as far as British Queen is concerned is endless despite their over 300years of civilisation.

Ha' Fayed(The Egyptian billionaire who owns Harrod) has literally lived all his life here in UK with multi-billions pound sterling business but was denied British passport on the account of his perceived rude behaviour towards the queen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Alexander001(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

Yes, he did....

And stop acting "dumb" like you dont know.

How do you explain someone who crowned himself a "King", and then goes to depose the annointed (Babaloja of Oja Oba!) deputy of the authentic King, .....installing hi sown choice?

Is that not a "CHALLENGE" to the Deji of Akure?

Do you know the meaning of "Oja Oba"? (The Kings Market)

Why cant you people tell yourself the truth? What is wrong, is wrong!

You dont provoke someone with authority, especially if he is your host, and expect no repercussions.

These Ibos are taking their imbecility too far

lastpage!
if he did all that. then, he has to apologise to the king bt can't you make ur point without insult. for that fvck u.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by shurlermoz(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2015
[quote author=OGUTAN post=39227250][/quote]
you are one heck of a nut job, you should be working for the CIA
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2015
gbosaa:

There is no conflict of authority when it comes to such matters in the South East. There is a governor and commissioner for commerce and trade who deal with such matters. The Ezes or whatever names they are called don't interfere in such matters.

They do not impose anybody on any association. Eg, Onitsha main market has its leadership and Omatta chairman. Obi of Onitsha can NEVER impose anyone on them. They have their election through which the traders vote and elect their leadership. Thats how things are done in the east..

Good response.

How many times have the "ba'ale of Yourbas in Onitsha" gone to depose the 'elected Chairman of Omatta"? or replace the Chairman of Onitsha market with a Yoruba man?
I am sure you are already laughing and thinking "It will never happen"! grin grin undecided undecided

Finally, if that is how they do in the East, be informed that "That IS NOT how they do in the West"!

Akure is NOT in the East, Each to its own undecided.

In Rome, you act as Romans... otherwise the King throws you into the dungeon, to be eaten by Lions.

Simples!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by holajeedayy: 9:38am On Oct 22, 2015
Honestly i hate insulting igbos but i see they deserving jt imagine an idiot that name himself eze refuse to b loyal to his host or hostess my b he or she is ready to take his leave mine u i have been to east and i see the way they treath outsider wanting to collect tranport fear from pasenger and not transporting them ......some idiot igbo still have d got to justifiy there eze stupidity to hell with all igbos for doing that .can igbo try this in the north or in ebira land ....u guys are bunch of animal i believe you ppl are the only tribe in the zoo

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 22, 2015
nnemmpi:
All those parading themself as eze indigbo in Lagos, Ogun, osun,ondo, ekiti and Oyo are all criminal .they are not recognise in Igbo land. I am from IMO state,I know what am saying. I support the Yorubas in these one, because in IMO state where I hail from there is notting Oba of Yoruba in IMO,anambra,abia,Enugu, ebonyi

There is something i notice from people of Imo state. Their reasoning is quite different from others. They are very objective and say it as it is.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by macof(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2015
teeboila:
though i'm a yoruba guy(from ondo state precisely) but all what d Deji of Akure is asking of from the Igbo in Akure is more of a recipe for division in an already tense state with great divisions along ethnic and tribal lines as seen in the 2015 election and more reason for the actualisation and agitation of the biafrans in the first place i.e intimidation. How do you describe a situation whereby an Oba would order the closure of shops belonging to an ethnic group because he's offended by their leader, what section of our 1999 constitution as amended gave him the right to do so.

grin grin look at this one. Who cares what you are? It is when folks want to lie and say something senseless they say "though I'm yoruba"

tell us what part of ur 1999 constitution gives directives on market management?

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Chibaba247(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2015
aylagos:
when that silly king finish wit ur useless tribe in akure, u will join them to beg for mercy
he can't stop dem from progressing...all he can do is to just intimidate the eze ndigbo,Igbo's will keep on buying all ur land and building on dem while you guys keep on fighting for who will were crown or nt....u guys and ur king need sense

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by scarffield(m): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

What is this one saying?

When you are told to go to school, you said no that you are interested in trading. Now see what it has caused.

It is APOLOGY and not APOPLOGY.
u neva made a mistake b4.

Z dat yah point??

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by falopey: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
tete7000:

Sorry if I may ask between oba and the governor, who have superior power?' I need to be educated.

constitutionally governor does. but in yoruba land, governors fear the obas, because they know they will one day still become ordinary citizens after their tenure and because they know what an oba can do to them politically.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Arabs999: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2015
Astonvanquish:
am Yoruba the Oba has no right to lock people's shops no matter where they are from,am not a subject of any king, I hate monarchy this is a republican society no man has the divine right to stop others from doing their work,to be honest our so called traditional rulers has done more harm than good to our society at large.

... May God bless U for not supporting evil.
...The Deji needs to be dethroned because he lacks good leadership qualities to lead a civilised society....
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by ozodigboo(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2015
HrmOlolade:
Foolish fl*thead bastard, the King should have declared war on them. Let the killing spree start on them and their blood should be used to clean our land from their bad lucks
Killing spree ? Who will fight ? You ?
Hiding behind a laptop.....have you seen blood before ?
Yes we fought a war 50 yrs ago and lost after 4 long years......how many have you fought ?
You want a riot so that you and your family will go and start looking for shops to break in and loot.
If its fight, we are ready.......on the field....not some tribal villagers breaking into people's shops and looting in d name of fighting.
Last week, 3 fulani herdsmen kidnapped a yoruba leader [ Falae ] and fed him with cow poo for 5 days, and showed him toilets to scrub.....una no talk.
Na only where igbo dey, una dey form hardman.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2015
magicminister:
[size=19pt]woooow!!

I don tire for this country i swear!.
too much hate, too much tribalism.

I thought the eze-ndigbo guy has already apologized?
Why not show some mercy and let him be after some serious caution and probably Fine!
This one is unnecessary show of power!
[/size]

How can we claim "one Nigeria" when an Oba is Hindering other Nigerians (ibos) from trading within a Nigeria state due to their tribal affiliations?
Of course, the culture of the Home state should be respected and honored but traders should not be asked to close shops as long as they are up to date on their rent, tax and levies.

As much as I agree with most and the spirit of your post, unfortunately the traders cannot disassociate from this issue.

1) They elected the new "King".

2) They were reported to have joined him in going to the front of the Deji's palace to protest.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by holocron: 9:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Mega005:
Gud! what nonsense? I aint * tribal bigot but I don't like when some people behave senselessly in another man's land and protect ther own jealously..
What is d nid for eze indi-whatever in a yoruba land?? Its so absurb and unnecesary..

I don't mind them having a chairman or president representing to protect the interest of igbos leaving and working in another mans land.l
Its high time d true igbo leaders call their men to order in strong words..

You just said it (bolded). Translated to vernacular, thats what eze ndi igbo really means, because the IGBO KNOWS NO KING - IGBO AMAGHI EZE. Igbos dont have or recognize kingship. Igbos are a republican people in the tradition of ancient Greece-the fountain of modern democracy. Igbo culture knows the concept of kingship hence the word EZE, but has rejected it in favour of republican democracy. This suggests that historically, they used to have kings or were part of a people with kingship traditions, before recognising the evils of tyranny thereof. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The deji need have no fear of rivalry from a parallel igbo king, because it doesnt exist. That qualifier ndi-igbo to the eze signifies that the title is synonymous with the word president, or chairman.

It's all a cultural misunderstanding facilitated by Ego.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Police Officer Sleeping On Duty (photo) / Wanted Dimka Lured To Afikpo Due To Lust For Girlfriend / “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.