Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch (41873 Views)

Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

You "Nnyamirins" like to deceive yourselves too much.

An "authentic" Oba selected one of his subjects and anointed him "Babaloja" of Oja Oba (Head of the King's Market).

You strangersand your Eze "challenged his authority" and said you have elected one Nnyamirin ingrate as the head, thereby removing the one one the King selected.

Which King worth its salt will allow that to happen?

How many Yorubas own shops at Onitsha Market?

Abeggi, go back to your village if you cant behave yourselves.

Lastpage!

Can you make an Igbo man the head of Bureau De Change operators in Ama-Hausa?? Can you do it in Sheep market Anambra? :-/ can you do the reverse in Eleganza plaza or Trade fair complex in Lagos? If the traders democratically elected a Flat Head to lead them, the best thing to do is go to Court not using 200 youths to molest a 55 year old man over his dressing and his crown which he bought with his money. Is he claiming Oba of Akure? angry So why the Pain It's just Bad Belle. grin grin grin ..... How can somebody we gave 20 Naira after the war still be so rich and proud cry undecided And guess what Bad Belle is Allowed tongue.... they will grow so rich in anything they do so deal with it.
Freedom of Information means you can quote me, I know you won't take this truth without a fight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by bigtt76(f): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2015
No more freedom of dressing? But the Eze nor try naaaaaa. Can he dress as Eze of Akure Market people when going home for Xmas? #justasking undecided
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by GentleToks(m): 9:48am On Oct 22, 2015
boxer022:
Personally since the Monarch of the state has dethroned the eze ndi igbo and has also stopped the traders from opening their shop I believe the best thing to do is leave the state and move to another state wheruthey will be more accepted. That is my own opinion.

Igbos are like mouth odour, the odour goes with them to everywhere they go. Bad habit is not hideable; it will surely rear it's ugly head again.

Nobody ll tolerate Igbos attitude as evident in Northerners' attitude towards Igbos, South Africans and now Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

Good response.

How many times have the "ba'ale of Yourbas in Onitsha" gone to depose the 'elected Chairman of Omatta"? or replace the Chairman of Onitsha market with a Yoruba man?
I am sure you are already laughing and thinking "It will never happen"! grin grin undecided undecided

Finally, if that is how they do in the East, be informed that "That IS NOT how they do in the West"!

Akure is NOT in the East, Each to its own undecided.

In Rome, you act as Romans... otherwise the King throws you into the dungeon, to be eaten by Lions.

Simples!

Lastpage!

Did you read my post? No baale, sarkin, obi or eze can remove the leader of OMATTA.

Traders vote and elect him not a chief, any governor who attempts that would be resisted as well.

There are boundaries and each party respects that. You don't impose anyone on a group of people. There seem to be lots of conflicts when it comes to such matters in your place. There are too many captains steering your ship and that would always cause problems and confusion.

You have governor, commissioners, iyalojas, babalojas, obas, dejis, baales and other authority who compete amongst themselves to extract taxes, levies, rates, market dues or whatever name they come under to cause traders and business men perpetual miseries.

It's not fair and that's the bone of contention.

Who collects taxes in your place. Business people need breathing space to run their business and put food on the table.

5 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by HARRYFORD1986: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2015
leke12:
Gud! A strong response to a rude set of people.
. Ur father pikin rude.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2015
PHIPEX:
While I agree that traditional stool has to be revered, it's absolutely immature for the Oba of Akure to issue this kind of condition aimed not to restore peace but to humiliate. If the Nigeria state folds its hand and allow this to take root let it be known that the ripple effect can transcend beyond the Southwest. The traditional authority across the geopolitical zone has no absolute power to close down the economic activity of lawful citizens of this country as long as the constitution remains.

It's easy to see it as a victory for the Oba but it could turn out to be a case of pennywise and pound foolish. There are better ways to restore peace and sanity in Akure rather than act like an absolute dictator. This can be viewed like a perfect case of inferiority complex, why should an Oba feel threatened because another dressed like a king? Will Queen Elizabeth feel threatened if another man dresses like a king in London.

This is not a case on inferiority complex. It is a case of pure stupidity.

You would have made more sense if you labelled it superiority complex.

No fooool should go to another established Kingdom and then try to form his own Kingdom in it and then wonder why there is any repercussion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sabi99(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2015
Chibaba247:
Wat a silly king
a king that eats yam and oil everyday in d name tradition....how do u xpect him 2 act wisely.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Arabs999: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2015
falopey:

constitutionally governor does. but in yoruba land, governors fear the obas, because they know they will one day still become ordinary citizens after their tenure and because they know what an oba can do to them politically.

...Gbam. U have said it. And because of the permanent interest of the Governor, he is not ready to have a permanent enemy like the Deji who can mar his political future in Akure. So he has no option than to condor.. What a funny world.....??
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by arewafederation: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2015
jaxxy:

I think the Deji shud stop playing self righteous card and go back to their gentleman's agreement they all had b4. To try to give all this conditions to me is like playing to the gallery. The radio station thing is also childish and unnecessary or is dat d normal protocol for handling such issues.

This issue is not about the self righteousness of the Oba, but the crass attitudinal display of the Eze and his minions. Whatever the conditions given by the Oba, the ibos brought it upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by elenite101(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2015
the Igbos don't understand what is call limit and respect for other people's tribes and culture . they love dominating people . the oba should give a better punishment as lessons to these brothers of ours

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by sabi99(m): 9:56am On Oct 22, 2015
arewafederation:

After the usual arrogance exhibited by the "Eze-flatthead", one would expect an outright expulsion of all Ibo traders to their erosion ravaged lands, but the Oba is willing to forgive the ibos with these very mild conditions. grin

Deji of Akure is a very merciful Oba. grin grin

Ohaneze Ndigbo should reciprocate this kind gesture by sending at least 1000 redcap wrapper-tying Chiefs from SE to come prostrate and show appreciation to the Oba for averting a possible population explosion in the South East.
did I hear u say prostrate? I 4 say make prostrate cancer catch u but make I no talk am
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by rhahym: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2015
Igbos should work on PRIDE AND GREED. Shikeina!!
aylagos:
when that silly king finish wit ur useless tribe in akure, u will join them to beg for mercy

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by mavinc4u(f): 9:57am On Oct 22, 2015
nnemmpi:
All those parading themself as eze indigbo in Lagos, Ogun, osun,ondo, ekiti and Oyo are all criminal .they are not recognise in Igbo land. I am from IMO state,I know what am saying. I support the Yorubas in these one, because in IMO state where I hail from there is notting Oba of Yoruba in IMO,anambra,abia,Enugu, ebonyi

You saw nothing wrong with that epistle the monarch wrote in the name of apology. You are not an igbo but my mama say abi igbo. You are not far from your name; nne mkpi na-agba ewu.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by jaxxy(m): 10:00am On Oct 22, 2015
arewafederation:

This issue is not about the self righteousness of the Oba, but the crass attitudinal display of the Eze and his minions. Whatever the conditions given by the Oba, the ibos brought it upon themselves.

Agreed the Igbos made a mistake and have apologized or have they not? So y is the Deji still bringing up funny and undue conditions that's y I said hypocrisy/self righthoues cos these are people who know the agreements they had between themselves wen u and I were not there.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Haywhymido(m): 10:04am On Oct 22, 2015
nnemmpi:
All those parading themself as eze indigbo in Lagos, Ogun, osun,ondo, ekiti and Oyo are all criminal .they are not recognise in Igbo land. I am from IMO state,I know what am saying. I support the Yorubas in these one, because in IMO state where I hail from there is notting Oba of Yoruba in IMO,anambra,abia,Enugu, ebonyi
dose fools av taken their hosts 4 granted. Parading urself as king in anoda man's land is dat even wise in dis century?? Trust me, go frm north to east u will never hear yorubas doing such nonsense. All u need is a representative, a chairman/president to represent ur people's interest. Not a pomp royal chief.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by boolet: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2015
Funny comments all through.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by tobyemmanuel(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2015
Delafruita:
Igbo's cannot conduct cultural affairs that conflict with the cultural affairs that exist in a place where they are visitors.the Deji of Akure is constitutionally back to dethrone lesser kings in his domain talkless of an illegal and unrecognized Eze ndigbo in akure.

I like that. You fools try that it kaduna. You are dead

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

I may not be based in Akure, but as far as I'm concerned as an Igbo man, the constitution is greater than the Deji. The constitution grants me the right to treat Akure as if it was Enugu. In other words, I can elect an 'Eze' and conduct any cultural event I want. The Deji is only a Monarch in his palace. Outside his Palace, he is just another Nigerian. I'm not bound by any law to respect him. So I encourage my fellow Igbos to forget about that Yoruba king and enjoy the freedom accorded to them by the constitution to conduct the traditional affairs anywhere in Nigeria

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

You are not only a potential candidate for flogging, you seem suitable for human sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by tobyemmanuel(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2015
QuotaSystem:

I've told you to leave that your gully eroded one plot of land and TRAVEL. How the North is looking indeed grin

This is an aerial view of Kano, the state that single handedly built the longest fly over bridge in Africa last year without FG support, while all of your governors and businessmen are still crying and wailing for a second Niger bridge. Keep swallowing Biafra propaganda grin

Ibo losers! grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2663345_twittera87c5df_jpeg8b7ff34d087d9060cbf2185ccbbb5a6d
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2663346_twitter9a0488d_jpege9b96f7c62f6b0e9d722ba48d44a4d49

Losers.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Haywhymido(m): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2015
GentleToks:

Yes, she(Queen) would. I live in London and i know how revered they have made their Queen to become in the World. You don't dare go to Buckingham Palace with your first class crown(1st class king) or wear hand gloves to shake the Queen.

You bow to Queen picture when you are getting your British passport and the list of what not to do as far as British Queen is concerned is endless despite their over 300years of civilisation.

Ha' Fayed(The Egyptian billionaire who owns Harrod) has literally lived all his life here in UK with multi-billions pound sterling business but was denied British passport on the account of his perceived rude behaviour towards the queen.

let every igbo man n woman read this learn frm it. Immigrants shd never be rude to is hosts.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by malonephill(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2015
GentleToks:

I am an Akure indigene(both sides). I lived in Akure for almost 26 years before moving to next level.

Akure is a place where Igbos could refer to as their home anytime any day considering their peaceful co-existence with Akure indigenes and Yorubas in that city. Igbos are having a blast in that city; no tribal issues, no disturbance from any quarter. It's all about making Benjamis for Igbos in that city and Igbos community is making that Benjamins cos there is peace.

However, it ll be suicidal for Igbos in Akure not to be boundary conscious like Hausas/Fulanis in Akure. Akure indigenes are the last people in South West that Igbos want to play around with. Akure indigenes would destroy all Igbos business in that city in less than 24hrs.

Igbos businesses are mainly concentrated at Ilesha garage(spare parts), Iro junction all the way to Isinkan(Electronics), Oba-Adesida (Boutiques) and Arakale(Building materials).

Unfortunately, Akure is not as big as Lagos hence, Akure indigenes know where and where all Igbos in Akure live with their families. It will be a straight forward tribal cleansing if the whole thing gets out of hand.

Igbos who are old enough to experience Omoboriowo Akure riot in 80s must have warned their kinsmen as to what would befall them in eventuality of riot(war) in Akure.

I ll implore Igbos to do what they have been doing for over 50years to maintain a peaceful relationship with Yorubas in that City. Igbos have made so much money and deserve to enjoy their sweat by staying away from trouble. Money gives you unnecessary pride and this pride could lead to one's downfall.
I am a yoruba, but I pity my ibo brothers they think akure is lagos, iro and isolo guys are patiently waiting for ibo to try anything stupid!

Its also a pity most of 'em have nowhere to go to, if they ask them to leave
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 10:09am On Oct 22, 2015
highmood:
I think its high time the igbos review those traditional title especially Eze ndi igbo away from the southeast region and its environs. Many igbos who have not traveled home for long, who may not have really understood fully the traditions of igbos. Who may have been banned from their home town in igbo land for one wicked act or the other or who may, for thier selfish and political interests parade themselves as eze ndi igbo should be disallowed though politely. As an igbo man, I haven't heard of Oba of the Yorubas in Onitsha or Emir of the Hausas in Owerri. So why only the Igbos. We should hold our tradition to high esteem. Eze ndi igbos should be limited to the southeast regions. Moreover most towns from the igbo land have their Ezes in thier hometowns and thier union committee representing them in any part of the country they are. Igbos also have their mother union that could also represent them better so this eze ndi igbo in other part of the country is needless.

Well said!
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by HARMYMY(f): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable
Stop being an Hypocrisy's can Yoruba be allow to wear crown talk less of parading himself around as oba in your land? The way Igbo's are riding Yoruba in their Land can they allowed it in their land?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by kingzizzy: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2015
This thread smacks of sheer hypocrisy! What binds all of us as Nigerians is adherence to constitution. How can the Deji say he is dethroning who ever the Igbo community elect as their Eze? How can the Deji go above the constitution that allows Igbos freedom of association to impose his own law? 10 Igbos can gather anywhere and elect an Eze, that is their right and is not against the law. So what are we talking about here? It is callous to deny Igbos their right to practice their culture in their own country. There are many 'Eze Ndigbo' all over the North and in many countries but it is only the Deji making noise. Igbos in Akure must ignore the Deji and carry on with their cultural affairs allowed to them under the constitution. If the Deji or Yoruba people don't like it, they can amend the constitution at the national assembly

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by teeboila(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2015
macof:

grin grin look at this one. Who cares what you are? It is when folks want to lie and say something senseless they say "though I'm yoruba"

tell us what part of ur 1999 constitution gives directives on market management?
this hate campaign will only plunge you to an abyss of self destruction or what have the peaceful existence of the igbo in yorubaland done to you. only lazy and naive folks like you who thinks igbo makes more profit doing bussiness in yorubaland thinks and spit trash about the igbo this way. stripping the eze of his title is more than enough but closing of his kinsmen sho ise) ps and denying them their means of livelihood thats harsh. if you are learned then you will know no part of Nigeria constitution support the Oba to infringe on his subject human right irrespective of what the eze has done. once again am a yoruba man(Ka ma ranti omo eni ti an se ninu gbogbo ohun ti a ba n se, yala ni ero tabi ni ise)
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Gamesmart: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2015
bodeloja:
It is only dirty yorubas that have to invite a person as a guest only to attack them.

Something that the entire world refer to as cowardice. But i suppose it is yoruba culture to be cowards.

Can America invite a guest and kill, jail or harm them? No! It is undiplomatic, uncivilised and a war crime. This is the strongest nation on the planet, that am talking about. Likewise the poorest nations observe the same standard. Yorubas are the only exception to this in the world.

If you are not a coward, why don't you go and fight the "coward"?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Gamesmart: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This thread smacks of sheer hypocrisy! What binds all of us as Nigerians is adherence to constitution. How can the Deji say he is dethroning who ever the Igbo community elect as their Eze? How can the Deji go above the constitution that allows Igbos freedom of association to impose his own law? 10 Igbos can gather anywhere and elect an Eze, that is their right and is not against the law. So what are we talking about here? It is callous to deny Igbos their right to practice their culture in their own country. There are many 'Eze Ndigbo' all over the North and in many countries but it is only the Deji making noise. Igbos in Akure must ignore the Deji and carry on with their cultural affairs allowed to them under the constitution. If the Deji or Yoruba people don't like it, they can amend the constitution at the national assembly

Why are you ranting here?

Go to court and install your "rights".

See how the judge would tell you to shut up and get out.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2015
Nigeria as a country was built on wrong foundation, even the British, US knew that Nigeria will break up one day. UK has 4 countries in it, eg Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Island, then ask yourself why they cannot be one country like Nigeria, USA has all it states operating as a semi independent country, immigration law in Texas is not the same with California, China has Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet and Macau as part of China which are all semi independent, without confederation in Nigeria there will be no peace, Nigeria need to go back to Aburi peace accord, Nigeria will never be a progressive country because Nigeria is made up of irreconcilable entities that cannot align, Nigeria suppose to have 5 countries eg Arewa, Biafra, Midland, Oduduwa and Niger Delta under confederation just like UK, China, Netherlands etc, without this Nigeria will never know peace.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by akinalex(m): 10:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Why are you guys always bragging its a coomon knowledge that traditional institution precceding government Akura monach is more poerful than the Governor when it come to the culture and traditional issues in Akure.[/quote]

[quote author=liberty300 post=39226329]trash!! He can't do that..hes not the state government

You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win. Ask northern nigeria how they're looking now, ask the oba that wished them death by lagoon how his people are dying in the lagoon(they say am insensitive by saying this but what da hell..)

If this news is true, then the oba and his people have difficult days ahead. Am not bragging, am just stating the obvious

Before you talk, remember what led to this..the dressing of an Igbo that honored his invitation. After Wch the Igbo apologized after being humiliated..it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Barney11: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Original Igbo blood in me!!hate it or not!which one be Akure Abeg brothers live that town and go to Hausa land cos they are more accommodating!i love Igbo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition / Appeal Court To Hear Suit Seeking To Swear In Atiku, Void Buhari’s Election / “I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.