Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch (41890 Views)

Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Deji Bans ‘eze Ndi Igbo’ Title In Akure, Demands Apology / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2015
ozodigboo:

You talk rubb**sh. Pls keep quiet if u have nothing to say.
Possibly u left igboland in 1975 and haven't been back since then.
The Sarkin Hausawa is the king or head of all hausa in southern states....The one at Onitsha lives at Bida Street, and have their meetings at Sokoto road where you have many tailor shops .
There are other sarkin hausawa in aba, nnewi, owerri and in the garki area of enugu.

I'm not quite sure where the heads of the yorubas live here ....but they have a HeAd....or Baale or whatever. so i won't guess.
Don't make general statements about what u aren't sure about.

If u tell me that the yorubas and hausas in igboland aren't allowed to have any posts.....i agree. Its something we should look at.
Buh don't tell me they don't have leaders here....they do, and they wear their regalia. But we don't bother about what they wear because it doesnt resemble ours.....we just look and pass.

dont get too emotional with him

The Question you should al ask yourself, is staring you in the face:

Can that Yoruba/Hausa King/Sarakin/Oba/Eze go and remove someone your Igbo Eze selected to represent him, and impose their own choice in his place?

That is the issue at stake.

Address that issue and matter is settled.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ogojohn(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2015
With all due respect to the Deji. The IGBOS are not at fear on the empty words of the Deji. They are only playing safe not to fall victim to arson which are the only genuine threat the Deji has over them.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2015
Dandeson1:
not only in Yoruba land, even in my state Bayelsa, their behaviour is disgusting, I support the Oba, I would probably do more if in his shoes...Igbos pride is the architect of their problems worldwide

Igbos, as you can see, everybody hates you because of your arrogance. Change now and turn a new leaf.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by saintandsinnerz: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
FAJFARM:

You sounded disgusting to my hearing. Do u people allow any other tribe to dominate d way u guys do in other tribes land. Kudos to Deji of Akure.
The question should be have you ever moved out of your enclave before with the aim of starting a trade in the south east and was not allowed? Igbo land especially Enugu where i have stayed very well, their are a lot of Yorubas doing their various businesses and nobody disturbs them. Do you know why? It is because nobody has time for them not because they are saints, but because nobody actually has time for trivialities! The problem with the Yorubas is that they are paranoia and have deep-seated hatred for anything Igbo, hence they always read meaning to non issues. What started this problem is the alleged election of an Igbo man as the head of the market association. I think in any human organisation, the majority always carry the vote. If the election was conducted free and fair i don't know why there should be so much noise. Maybe the Yorubas are saying since it is in Yoruba land that the leader of the market union should always be a Yoruba. But such arrangement may not be feasible if a particular tribe has the majority number. The leadership of the market should be rotational among all the ethnic groups there to foster peaceful co-existent. It is not ideal that it should even be contemplated that only a Yoruba person should head the market union.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by ozodigboo(m): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Let me point this out...

1. Igbo shops were locked as a protest against the Deji for insulting an Ezendigbo....it wasn't an order from the Deji. It will remain so until the right thing is done.
2. Even if he bans '' EZE NDIGBO '', we can come up with '' IGWE NDIGBO '' ....will he ban that one too ? If he does, we revert to '' ONYE ISI IGBO N'AKURE''.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
[size=15pt]Yorubas are simply expressing decades of oppressed rudness and cultural disrespect from the igbos. Every man to his tent. I think it is safe to say Nigeria might not last too long at this pace cheesy[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Jaideyone(m): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:

Am I holding you from going to have a Baale in Igboland? So should you hold me from having my Eze? I enjoin all Igbos in Akure to ignore and excercise their constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of association by keeping their Eze
eze means king. crowning your own traditional ruler in another tribes domain is bad enough. that was tolerated but for your eze to still wear his crown to the palace of the rightful traditional ruler is totally uncalled for and will never be tolerated. the banned eze is not even constitutional. the deji has the power to install and remove any village baale or lesser king in akure cos he's recognised by the law and he's number one!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by 49cents(m): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2015
Am happy that Oba deji came up with this

Igbos have good traits of determination and ambition but then their arrogance is totally unacceptable

I beleiev this will make igoos and their leaders to wake up

This migrant mentality must be checked because Igbos have to look inwards and move from mere trading which they have successfully monopolised to industrialisation

Igbos should look ay China as a model; they must concieve a vision for themselves as a people before talking about Biafra

If Igbos must remain migrants then they must remain super humble

*a forward looking, grateful igboman making a living in Lagos and across Nigeria*
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by dapsonlou(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2015
arewafederation:

After the usual arrogance exhibited by the "Eze-flatthead", one would expect an outright expulsion of all Ibo traders to their erosion ravaged lands, but the Oba is willing to forgive the ibos with these very mild conditions. grin

Deji of Akure is a very merciful Oba. grin grin

Ohaneze Ndigbo should reciprocate this kind gesture by sending at least 1000 redcap wrapper-tying Chiefs from SE to come prostrate and show appreciation to the Oba for averting a possible population explosion in the South East.

If Yoruba expel them who will sell Us Generators and car Parts abi are we suppose go to Asaba to go buy fuel pump for our cars ni. Leave the Igbos o Ejo. Just put them in Check .
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Adelaide2: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2015
This is a good development as suggested by Francis5 elsewhere on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by teeboila(m): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2015
though i'm a yoruba guy(from ondo state precisely) but all what d Deji of Akure is asking of from the Igbo in Akure is more of a recipe for division in an already tense state with great divisions along ethnic and tribal lines as seen in the 2015 election and more reason for the actualisation and agitation of the biafrans in the first place i.e intimidation. How do you describe a situation whereby an Oba would order the closure of shops belonging to an ethnic group because he's offended by their leader, what section of our 1999 constitution as amended gave him the right to do so.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2015
MrEverest:
This is ridiculous, laughable & crazy. What nonsense did I just read? This zoo of a country is supposed to have freedom of expression, freedom of speech, association, religion & cultural identity as well as to live anywhere within its borders! I cant believe this sh!t is happening!! The Igbos in that place must never do any of those nonsense that !d!ot requested of them. They should either forcefully open their business or leave that place!!

Akure Bus is at Alaba and Ojota. Just #1,000

Take a Bus and go and open it for them, IF YOU DARE. undecided undecided

Bloody "chest-beating' COWARDS!
grin grin grin

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by wiseoneking: 9:14am On Oct 22, 2015
aylagos:
u are very stupid and senseless, why is your tribe like to disrespect others, don't worry we will help u all to return to ur village for ur biafrud
Look at what this yorubas are messing with the igbos, even in their own land. YOU GUYS ARE TRULY COWARDS.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Orikinla(m): 9:14am On Oct 22, 2015
[size=28pt]Any Nze Ndigbo outside Igboland is political rubbish.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by kajoula(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2015
emmalexabl:
Is the apoplogy only on 9ja stations ??

what if we apologise on CNN.,BBC or may be AL-JAZEERA...

This yoruba monarchs are all clowns.

BIAFRA IS ALREADY HERE...

Deceive ya self....
Do a projection of 10 years and think of Igbo's who own business and houses in SW...
Igbo's who are well established here don't clamour for BIAFRA.....only the indigents wants such and thats where they'll remain. no hates. lipsrsealed
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
jaxxy:

Bt I heard the Deji of akure collected good money 4rm them to bring about d Eze indingbo title in akure so all is somewhat a hypocrisy to an extent.

LIAR! LIAR!! LIAR!!!

Let them publish the Receipt!
undecided undecided grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by PHIPEX(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
lastpage:

if it is "ceremonial", how come he has the audacity to remove the representative of the KING (Babaloja of Oja Oba), in the King's Market?
Has he not gone beyond his bounds, for doing that? Or is he on the same level with the Deji of Akure?
Be honest for once please.

Lastpage!
I wonder where you got your own version of the story from that an Igbo man single handedly dethroned a Babaloja in Akure? If that is true then the man in question is smarter than we thought.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by wiseoneking: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2015
aylagos:
when that silly king finish wit ur useless tribe in akure, u will join them to beg for mercy
SILLY TRIBE. Lol
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Molake94(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2015
HungerBAD:
The Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, has banned the title of ‘Eze Ndi Igbo’ in Akureland and ordered it to be reviewed and replaced with a non-controversial honorary title.

This is one of the conditions given by the monarch to end the crisis between him and the leader of the Igbo community in the town, Mr. Gregory Iloehike. The monarch said the condition must be met before Igbo traders in the area would be allowed to continue operating their businesses in the community.

The traditional ruler dethroned the Igbo leader last week and stopped his men from opening their shops following an alleged rude behaviour against the traditional ruler at his palace by the Igbo leader during a meeting with Oba Aladelusi.

Some other conditions included that the dethroned Eze must apologise for his behaviour, said to be unruly in at least three national dailies as well as go to broadcast stations to also tender an unreserved apology. He was also ordered to write a letter of apology to the monarch and the Deji-in-Council.

Oba Adelusi also directed that the Igbo leader should stop wearing any form of crown and must comply with all the directives of the palace.

To this end, the state Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, met with the two leaders separately on Tuesday evening at the Governor’s Office, Alagbaka, Akure, and reportedly pleaded with the Akure traditional ruler to forgive the embattled Igbo leader.

At the meeting, it was gathered that the governor maintained that the Igbo leader could not go against the tradition and custom of the land, as there was no basis or constitutional back up for such attitude.

The governor, however, thanked the youths of the town, praising them for their maturity and peaceful disposition towards the matter.

The traditional ruler maintained that a truce can then be brokered once the conditions were met.

As a result of the crisis, all shops occupied by Igbo people at the Moferere Market, Akure, remained closed as of the time of filing this report on Wednesday.

http://www.punchng.com/news/akure-monarch-bans-eze-ndi-igbo-title/

Igbos If GUYS ARE NOT HAPPY GO BACK TO YOUR STATE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by HrmOlolade(m): 9:18am On Oct 22, 2015
Foolish fl*thead bastard, the King should have declared war on them. Let the killing spree start on them and their blood should be used to clean our land from their bad lucks
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by hensben(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Baroba:
Only a clown will apologies to this relic, traditional rulers have no place in modern Nigeria..
modern Nigeria? You modernize reach uk wey dey practics tradition. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:
no time to argue or talk long story if he doesn't apologize flog him again and deport him to enugu .
na so Igbo people go make 1 of demselves chairman of uwelu spare parts market 4 edo state trust Benin boys as dem break bottle 4 all d Igbos head no body told dem to take their bandaged head to go to the oba of Benin's palace and apologise

Even in Benin. Attitude is a smoke; it must emanate into the air for everyone to see.

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by macof(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2015
liberty300:
trash!! He can't do that..hes not the state government

You don't pick a fight with the igbos and win. Ask northern nigeria how they're looking now, ask the oba that wished them death by lagoon how his people are dying in the lagoon(they say am insensitive by saying this but what da hell..)

If this news is true, then the oba and his people have difficult days ahead. Am not bragging, am just stating the obvious

Before you talk, remember what led to this..the dressing of an Igbo that honored his invitation. After Wch the Igbo apologized after being humiliated..it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to apologize even when he's right

grin grin noisemaking chest beater
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Ephemmm: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2015
bodeloja:
[s]Deji Who?

As long as Nigeria continues Eze Ndiigbo in Ondo continues.

The constitution provides for that. We are not in an absolute monarch.

Monarchs have no constitutional powers.

The Eze is in his house. Go and uninstall him, no be for mouth. I dnot know wen u people will ever be civilised.

In fact dont want u people to be civilised, remain as u are now forever.

Eze Ndiigbo in Akure is still there. The igbos in Akure know their head.

Dirty Fools! Anuofia[/s]

Nyamiri! Stop the chest-beating and on-line ranting: just go and open those close shops and see that freedom is not even free in Freetown. In corporate governance, organizations are implored to respect their hosts and try to leave harmoniously with them and their traditions to promote the going-concern. So, your host can destabilize your business no matter how small they are.

Get this fact drilled into your empty skull.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2015
Well done!

Three things:

a) Ban the use of the title Eze.

b) Ban the use of any crown, beads or a palace.

c) Any appointment at that level should be democratic and involve notification and approval of the local crown before being eligible.

Let the person know: "You are a representative of people, not a monarch".

4 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by kajoula(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
HrmOlolade:
Foolish fl*thead bastard, the King should have declared war on them. Let the killing spree start on them and their blood should be used to clean our land from their bad lucks

we all know they are rude and ill mannered but not to the extent of killing,lets love our fellow brothers and accommodate their weaknesses.
WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS.

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by FTBOY: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
what is so important about the eze title anyways? can't they just find someone to lead them without putting a crown on his head?
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by lastpage: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:
no time to argue or talk long story if he doesn't apologize flog him again and deport him to enugu

na so Igbo people go make 1 of demselves chairman of uwelu spare parts market 4 edo state trust Benin boys as dem break bottle 4 all d Igbos head no body told dem to take their bandaged head to go to the oba of Benin's palace and apologise

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You sure say you no be relation to this Oba!

[b]Una Badt too much!

Lastpage!
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by FTBOY: 9:23am On Oct 22, 2015
Sagamite:
Well done!

Three things:

a) Ban the use of the title Eze.

b) Ban the use of any crown, beads or a palace.

c) Any appointment at that level should be democratic and involve notification and approval of the local crown before being eligible.

Let the person know: "You are a representative of people, not a monarch".
exactly my point! the title and the crown are not necessary.......our people just dey fall dem hand anyhow

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by omonnakoda: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2015
ibedun:
Good move, just the beginning.

This rule is required across Yoruba land.
The Apology must be read on Radio Biafra By WhoNamethee Canyou

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by wiseoneking: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

What is this one saying?

When you are told to go to school, you said no that you are interested in trading. Now see what it has caused.

It is APOLOGY and not APOPLOGY.
And traders controls your local ecomy. I am just shocked at what a yoruba man just confessed about the economic prowess of igbo in akure. Is a pity, your people will have to travel to ibadan or lagos to buy thesame from an igbo. Who looses, still Cowards.
Re: Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch by Sagamite(m): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2015
kingzizzy:
This is absolute nonsense. The Deji of Akure has no right to dictate to Igbos how to conduct their cultural affairs. What business of his is it? He may have the right to decide who can wear a crown in his palace but he has no right to dethrone anybody. Does he he think he is dealing with his fellow Yorubas here? This is laughable

As long as you are in his Kingdom, he can dictate how the fck you conduct your cultural affairs and he can slap any throne you put on your head off your head and face.

Same applies to even a man from Ile Ife.

If you don't like it, it is best you keep quiet and leave the place. Otherwise you might become human sacrifice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Abdulwahab Shi, Councillor Burnt To Death As Car Catches Fire: #APC Convention / Davido Meets Zazoo Potable (Video, Pictures) / Bomb Blasts In Sabon Gari, Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.