Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,700 members, 7,858,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. (12887 Views)

Biafra: My Take On The South-south/ Niger Delta. (igbos Pls Read And Act). / “Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by modath(f): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Go and somewhere, you are yoruba, even google knows your mouths are just virtual AK-47s grin

Ordinary fulani boys are kidnapping your fathers, feeding them cowdung, making them pay 10 million for feeding them cow dungs and chasing rest into benin republic. You are even condenming your fathers for protesting your inability to defend then. Lazy yorubaboons, blowing hot air. Bite me grin

It's not an insult contest, i won't denigrate the innocent Ibo women, Fulani herdsmen are a common problem..

We however are going to double dare the FEW (majority are loyal hardworking who don't even care about this online nonsense) aggrieved ones of you who's relatives & benefactors lost access to the treasury & have resorted to online war to touch the COBRA'S TAIL...

We beg you to try to constitute a public nuisance & make any SLIGHT attempt to disturb the peace of this nation & the past punishment will be like child's play..

See someone calling some people cowards, we expect by now y'all would have formed a militia force to spring your instigator from where he is being taught how to exercise sound judgement & be obedient... cheesy

E-warriors, ordinary police scattered the port Harcourt road show...very funny smiley, Try it again & see hell rain down on you, we triple dare you...

1 Like

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2015
simplycarro:

You are not going to be popular with this your stand on this issue. They have masked their real intention with the fact that majority of SS and SE now see GEJ and PDP loss at Federal level as personal loss to these two regions. They have now capitalized on these and cunningly want to align the SS to their eternal desire to exit the Nigerian federation.
Remove this GEJ and PDP issues out of this love-affair and you will see the relationship fall flat.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by cheruv: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2015
Kagawa10:

Only the saboteurs in Asaba were massacred!
No part of itshekiri, Urhobo/Isoko, Iperpetuates]Ika, Ukwuani[/s] land were massacred!
Shameless revisionist!
Its quiet shameless that someone would say something like this just to deny the obvious cry
Even a foreign correspondent said that "only women and children remain in the area between agbor and asaba bkos the Nigerian army had for unknown reasons massacred all the men" cry
Infact these massacres were the main reasons that pushed Anioma men en masse into joining the Biafran army notwithstanding the fact that before then,40% of the Biafran officer class was from Anioma smiley
The other Midwest tribes joined actively in the massacres perpetuated on Anioma people that's why Ogbemudia didn't want to publish the report of the commission he set up to avoid tearing the state apart.
Anioma would thrive again..and she'd be separate from her persecutors in a state of her own smiley
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Kagawa10: 10:40am On Oct 23, 2015
cheruv:

Its quiet shameless that someone would say something like this just to deny the obvious cry
Even a foreign correspondent said that "only women and children remain in the area between agbor and asaba bkos the Nigerian army had for unknown reasons massacred all the men" cry
Infact these massacres were the main reasons that pushed Anioma men en masse into joining the Biafran army notwithstanding the fact that before then,40% of the Biafran officer class was from Anioma smiley
The other Midwest tribes joined actively in the massacres perpetuated on Anioma people that's why Ogbemudia didn't want to publish the report of the commission he set up to avoid tearing the state apart.
Anioma would thrive again..and she'd be separate from her persecutors in a state of her own smiley
Eediot, it was your stinking Biafra that ransacked Agbor, Urhobo and anyone who isn't in support of biafra in Delta!
The only place the FG visited during the Biafra menace was Asaba!
Shameless revisionist!
Why don't you back your claim up there with facts! Yeye!
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by cheruv: 10:50am On Oct 23, 2015
Kagawa10:

[s]Eediot, it was your stinking Biafra that ransacked Agbor, Urhobo and anyone who isn't in support of biafra in Delta!
The only place the FG visited during the Biafra menace was Asaba!
Shameless revisionist!
Why don't you back your claim up there with facts! Yeye[/s]!
I don't know why yorubas can't do without insults!! undecided
And the presence of insults simply showed that you had nothing to say..so all you needed to do was rain insults on my humble personality cheesy
Anyway I can't toe that line with you bkos the rising sun is always hotter than the setting sun gringrin

3 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Enahi(f): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
kaycid77:

I hope u r not referring to me.... I am more SS and more Niger deltan than you, yes I am IGBO in ND and in SS, if you call a man from Enugu my brother yes you are right i will gladly accept we are all Igbos

You are such a dumb as*
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
gykes:

That's the part I'm really trying to understand. I see this very strange coinage on NL every now and then - "igbo Rivers", and I begin to wonder who are the igbos in Rivers State. Last time I checked, there are no igbos in Rivers State. I seriously need to know this strange people because Ikwerre, Etche and Umuma are clearly not igbos as they are stand-alone tribal/ethnic groups. Even Bony where they speak Igbani and simplified/pure igbo languages are ijaw.

Yes I know this because I am a Rivers man and a son of Ikwerre land. On that note, I really need some educating on this "Igbo Rivers" people in Rivers State.

Just a side note: I am not against Biafra and in fact, I am a strong supporter of the UN doctrine on Self Determination, but forcefully dragging a State and/or its people into the Biafran struggle is what I find hard to comprehend let alone assimilate. IMHO It is in every ramification, the same master-slave perception Biafrans as a people are fighting against - it is an obtrusive imposition that should be carefully and promptly checked.

They want to claim south south by force
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=wytecat post=39246838]Nice one @Barcanista for distancing yourself from biafra. At least you won't be called Yoruba since you are well known here.

I want ibos to get their country and take those willing to go with them, but not consulting with anyone before drawing maps and the insults on other tribes make it look like a joke.

There's no need for niger deltans to feel guilty about not supporting biafra because SE made about 80% Jonathan's administration and ibos were only fighting to keep themselves in power during the elections, and not all because of Ija
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Enahi(f): 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
belzabull:
May thunder strike you DEAD this moment you bastad son of an italian based pro.stitute and child of witchcraft.

Listen good you demented bonehead, i am from from ogwashi ukwu in Aniocha south lga of delta state and I'm unapologetically pure breed igbo. I have no business whatsoever with you barren leeches and unproductive parasits from edo state. May an incurable disease rip you to shreds in a matter of days for uttering that gibberish

You are very stupidd, you useless product of Baby factories. You worthless piece of scum, you are mad. May amadioha strike you down for insulting Edo people.
You are the leeches and we will deal with y'all until you go back to the East where you belong, useless attacheee
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
persius555:
The igbos should learn to leave the south south out of their struggle. If biafra is all about oil and dominance, then they can shove the shitty biafran agenda off their asss.. What the niger delta people want is at least 50 percent control of their resources and not been a part of the proposed "shady match up made in hell".
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
persius555:
I have problems with igorants like u who think every agitation is a legal agitation. I wouldnt join words with u because i dont want to end up with a name you call yourself. The igbos have not come out with the agenda behind the so called biafra. When the 5 states are ready to go biafra, the south south would definitely find its own voice, but definmitelynot to align with biafra. A new, prosperous nation devoid of ethnic dominance unlike what we have in this one nigeria. The igbos are free to have their biafra, so long as we the niger deltans are not tied to your apron spring.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
Truckpusher:
On the highlighted I beg to disagree in as much as I have opined several times that we share a lot in common culturally but let me make it very clear that the Ogba Egbema Ndoni people of Rivers Sate are not Igbos but a distinctive tribe with their own distinctive culture and if we follow your line of argument we should be saying that Hausa,Fulani and Kanuris are all Arabs and possibly Fulanis.

I am not against self determination of any kind from any part of the country but deliberately spreading falsehood while masking it with all sorts cheap propaganda that smacks of land grabbing and regional annexation is another form of what is happening in Nigeria where the rest of the states wants the Igbos to remain despite their kick against the oppressive system of the Nigerian state.

Your deliberate distortion of historical facts to sooth your agenda will only alarm these people that you want to force into your struggle and there lies your downfall.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Truckpusher:
No Rivers man nor Niger Deltan is against the agitation for a separate state by the Igbos but distorting historical facts and changing names of places and cities to sooth your movement is an insult taken too far - I think at this point our Igbo neighbors really need to sit down, think thoroughly what they want and how they wish to achieve it and if any alliance is needed , it should be solely based on mutual agreement and not some propaganda that smacks of insults that won't go down well with the minority tribes of the Niger Delta.

This same mistake was made in 1967 and it would be stupidity on anyone's part to make the same political mistake after more than 40 years.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lol, each suitor wooing a woman would always preach fairness and love until she lands in his house.

Let me tell you something you understand since you lots forgot so soon - I hope you are aware that the failed secession of the then Eastern region was a major reason why this people had the time to plan and restructure the country the way it soothes them?

This is it ,and you want us to start another one instead of channeling our grievances through the appropriate quarters to arrive at a reasonable conclusion while sustaining and maintaining whatever progress we must have made over years - If I'm to go by IPOB's leader myopic view, it simply means that in my effort to take my rightful place and determine my future ,I should destroy the little that I have painstakingly built all for what ? A promise of a greater tomorrow that is not assured?

Where would we have been if that secession was put on hold until when oil became the most economically viable resources ? Don't you think that with the regional arrangement that was in place back then and all the money accrued from oil exploration and exploitation that we would have opted out quietly with no gunshot fired ,after all the man who holds the most economically viable product would have more allies and interests.

Just think for a second - Whatever mess the Niger Delta finds itself today was as a result of your greed,impatience and a myopic view on world events for a tribe that the regional autonomy for the Eastern region was entrusted with.Now you can take that to the bank.

Your elder brother brought a fight home which you were injured and stripped of your belongings ,and the next thing he does was to turn around and tell you that ''that serves you right''(ntoi) and after six months he wants another fight at home - What will you do? grin....YOU RUN.....FAR...... grin
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by belzabull(f): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Enahi:

[s]You are very stupidd, you useless product of Baby factories. You worthless piece of scum, you are mad. May amadioha strike you down for insulting Edo people.
You are the leeches and we will deal with y'all until you go back to the East where you belong, useless attacheee[/s]
what is this useless thing? illiterate despicable scum feeling important on matters beyond her cranial comprehension, If i descend on you, you will deny your useless mother. useless imbecilic descendant of infamous, pioneer, notorous scoundrels -anini and osunbor

1 Like

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Enahi(f): 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=belzabull post=39284566]what is this useless thing? illiterate despicable scum feeling important on matters beyond her cranial comprehension, If i descend on you, you will deny your useless mother. useless imbecilic descendant of infamous, pioneer, notorous scoundrels -anini and

Lol all this useless mgbekes from Biafra be feeling funky on Nairaland grin. Oh that reminds me, when are you going back to the East?
Seriously I think its time y'all migrate to the East, there should be enough akpu for u all to celebrate with when u get there.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Observant: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Is Niger delta a people? This is were I don't understand your logic?

Niger-delta region comprises of several ethnic groups, Ijaw, Efik, annang, ibibio, itserkiri, isoko, urhrobo and of course igbos. (Lets called them Island Igbos).

Now here are my questions to you:

1.) This proposed Niger delta republic is going to have multiple ethnic groups including the igbos of that region. So how is this different from the proposed biafra.

2.) Why are you not clamoring for an only ijaw nation? (Barcanista) or Bini/ Esan republic ( Atbu1983), Why do you want to drag other ethnic groups of that region into your republic.

3.) Did other ethnic group consent to the same multi-ethnic Niger delta republic and how is this your republic different from the proposed biafra.

4.) Clearly your problem lie with mainland igbos (SE). Because so far the difference between your Niger-Delta and Biafra is the exclusion of the (SE Igbos).

5.) So if you exclude the SE igbos, what happens to the SS igbos and there lands? Will you force them into this republic or eviction them from there lands?

6.) The Igbos of SE and SS extraction are one people who are together in this pursuit so if you think you are going to carve any of them into your Republic you are seriously joking.

7.) Our cousins, ijaw, isoko, urohobo, Efik, etc were part of the former eastern region that formed biafra but if today they decide to remain in Nigeria, or Join biafra which is open to those who share the same religion, culture, food, ideologies including igala etc, they are very much welcomed. Also if they decide to form there singular nations, that would be lovely too.

8.) To the nitwitts such as the op who come here to say Niger delta republic and how igbos are forcing them into another union like Nigeria, please NIGGA speak for your tribe. If you are ijaw, clamour ijaw nation since you don't what to share a country with other tribes or is Igbo people your only problem.
Is your Niger- delta not going to be a union of ethnicity too?

8.) What sensible people with low population in the same struggle would do is negotiate a profitable alliance with people with more numbers to achieve a set goal.

9.) To my Igbo people, Yes I know the biafra struggle currently includes other ethnic for now but I think if achieved, these unrepentant cousins of ours should be cut off once and for all. I don't want to believe these people are this myopic in reasoning.
Here is a struggle that will benefit you the most instead of negotiating your position and benefits you are busy sabotaging the effort and creating useless articles of things you have limited understanding about. There parents did the same, obviously there children won't be any different.

10.) Our oyel, this phrase gave rise to all this Niger- delta republic chant. How a human being in 2015 believes that oil is all a nation needs to survive is beyond me. Isn't this why the contraption Nigeria is failing?
Myopia seems to be a big issue in that region.

3 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Okanokan(m): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hmm! You might not be correct o!, given the ongoing ethnic hatred across the nation.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
Observant:

Niger-delta region comprises of several ethnic groups, Ijaw, Efik, annang, ibibio, itserkiri, isoko, urhrobo and of course igbos. (Lets called them Island Igbos).

1.) This proposed Niger delta republic is going to have multiple ethnic groups including the igbos of that region. So how is this different from the proposed biafra.

2.) Why are you not clamoring for an only ijaw nation? (Barcanista) or Bini/ Esan republic ( Atbu1983), Why do you want to drag other ethnic groups of that region into your republic.

3.) Did other ethnic group consent to the same multi-ethnic Niger delta republic and how is this your republic different from the proposed biafra.

4.) Clearly your problem lie with mainland igbos (SE). Because so far the difference between your Niger-Delta and Biafra is the exclusion of the (SE Igbos).

5.) So if you exclude the SE igbos, what happens to the SS igbos and there lands? Will you force them into this republic or eviction them from there lands?

6.) The Igbos of SE and SS extraction are one people who are together in this pursuit so if you think you are going to carve any of them into your Republic you are seriously joking.

7.) Our cousins, ijaw, isoko, urohobo, Efik, etc were part of the former eastern region that formed biafra but if today they decide to remain in Nigeria, or Join biafra which is open to those who share the same religion, culture, food, ideologies including igala etc, they are very much welcomed. Also if they decide to form there singular nations, that would be lovely too.

8.) To the nitwitts such as the op who come here to say Niger delta republic and how igbos are forcing them into another union like Nigeria, please NIGGA speak for your tribe. If you are ijaw, clamour ijaw nation since you don't what to share a country with other tribes or is Igbo people your only problem.

8.) What sensible people with low population in the same struggle would do is negotiate a profitable alliance with people with more numbers to achieve a set goal.

9.) To my Igbo people, Yes I know the biafra struggle currently includes other ethnic for now but I think if achieved, these unrepentant cousins of ours should be cut off once and for all. I don't want to believe these people are this myopic in reasoning.
Here is a struggle that will benefit you the most instead of negotiating your position and benefits you are busy sabotaging the effort and creating useless articles of things you have limited understanding about. There parents did the same, obviously there children won't be any different.

10.) Our oyel, this phrase gave rise to all this Niger- delta republic chant. How a human being in 2015 believes that oil is all a nation needs to survive is beyond me. Isn't this why the contraption Nigeria is failing?

Former easter region is a creation of the British. There is no difference between former easter region and Nigeria. The nationalities were not consulted before it was created. Removing mainland igbo will ensure no tribe can dominate absolutely. Yes Ijaw may become the majority tribe but wont have up to 35% of the total population while at the same time contributing much to the republic of Niger delta. So absolute domination wont be possible by any tribe.

If south south Join Biafra, that country will be far worse than Nigeria. That will be a country where Igbo alone will be 60% of the population. Igbo will not need any vote from any other tribe to have thier way in that country while at the same time contributing the least resources.

the nationalities in south south are not sub nationalities of Igbo. They are independent nationalities who does not need Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
if Nigeria with over 250 ethnic group can survive, why not Niger delta with only 30 ethnic group.
Note: There is no country in the world (US inclusive) with absolute unity.

Disagreement among nationalities in a country is normal.
As at today, some people in Texas in the United state are still asking for freedom to leave united state.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/31/texas-group-wants-vote-on-us-secession-on-ballot/

A group called the Texas Nationalist Movement fanned out to 31 cities across Texas this weekend trying to gather the 75,000 signatures they say they need to get the question of the state’s secession from the United States on the primary ballot next spring.
Texas is one of only two US states, the other being Hawaii, that were once internationally recognized sovereign nations, with diplomatic ties to other countries. Although legal experts said it would be unconstitutional for Texas to break away via a primary vote, there is still a spirit of Texas independence among many in the Lone Star State.

“What we are seeing, over and over, is this complete disconnect between the people of Texas, what they want, and what is going on in Washington, DC,” TNM President Daniel Miller told Reuters.

“The people of Texas don’t have anything against the United States, they are just tired of being governed by bureaucrats we didn’t elect pushing programs we don’t want.”

He compared Texas to Scotland, which narrowly defeated a proposal to secede from the United Kingdom last year, and Catalonia, which is pushing to hold a vote on independence from Spain this year.
“We are living in the era of the right of political self-determination,” Miller said.
But there is one rather big problem, according to T. Gerald Treece, a professor at South Texas College of Law in Houston and an expert on Constitutional Law.

1 Like

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Observant: 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
atbu1983:

Former easter region is a creation of the British. There is no difference between former easter region and Nigeria. The nationalities were not consulted before it was created. Removing mainland igbo will ensure no tribe can dominate absolutely. Yes Ijaw may become the majority tribe but wont have up to 35% of the total population while at the same time contributing much to the republic of Niger delta. So absolute domination wont be possible by any tribe.

If south south Join Biafra, that country will be far worse than Nigeria. That will be a country where Igbo alone will be 60% of the population. Igbo will not need any vote from any other tribe to have thier way in that country while at the same time contributing the least resources.

the nationalities in south south are not sub nationalities of Igbo. They are independent nationalities who does not need Igbo.

Point of correction Biafra which was the former Nigerian eastern region have been in existence before the event of the british #fact#.

Again what happens to the island Igbos of delta and rivers and there lands?

So according to your logic the population of igbos is were you have an issue ba? Because of fear of domination not because they are not bringing any other other thing to the table.
So these other tribes in the south should be weary of the igbo man whom they have coexisted with for hundreds of years with no record of war against each other, have had peaceful trade whilst there language and culture still preserved till date but embrace the bini/esan whose only record in history is war, expansion and conquering of tertiaries? Plus they bring nothing feasible to the table.

2 Likes

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
bunch of loosers and jokers.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
Trillyonaire:
As a Rivers man who saw the events of 1967-1970 and who was old enough to understand them, this protest in Port Harcourt is a slap on true Rivers indigenes. and the memory of ALL the Rivers men and women who were slaughtered in the pogroms and ethnic cleansing committed during the civil war by the Biafran Army.

Let us remind ourselves of the TRUE facts and REAL reasons behind the secession and subsequent civil war. Ojukwu and his cohorts decided to secede from Nigeria because Gowon broke up the regions and created Rivers State among the 12 states he created. Remember the Aburi accord? Article 4 of that accord had to do with the breaking up of the regions. On the 27th of May, 1967, Gowon broke up the Regions, from the then Eastern Region and carved out Rivers, South-Eastern and East-Central states. 3 days later on 30th May, 1967 Ojukwu seceded citing the Aburi accord. ON ABURI WE STAND!! The rallying war cry of the day. How anyone who calls himself/herself a Rivers indigene support tacitly or otherwise the so-called Biafra cause when Biafra seceeded just because Rivers State was created and the Rivers people for once had a right to self rule?

In the quest for a sovereign country did the Igbo majority seek, discuss with or solicit the support of the minorities in the Oil Rivers and South-East?? Where is Biafra? How do you seek for a country which was susequently named Biafra WITHOUT involving the indigenous people of Biafra? Isn't that supreme arrogance or maybe they were not included because they were meant to be wiped out later. Events proved the latter to be true.

Late Chief (Dr.) Nabo Graham-Douglas who was the Attorney General of the Eastern Region was sent on compulsory leave and exiled to his home town Abonnema with orders for him to be executed. Fortunately the plans leaked and he miraculously escaped. He didn't draw the Articles of secession and only heard about Biafra from the BBC journalists who came to interview him in Abonnema.
He was one of the lucky ones.

The ethnic cleansing began in earnest. Our intelligentsia; top civil servants, technocrats and other able bodied men and women were rounded up and summarily executed in Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Umuahia, Degema, Buguma, Bakana, to mention but a few towns/cities. In Port Harcourt, Rainbow town and Igritta, became killing fields. the bones of those victims still lie there
These atrocities were committed by the Biafran Army, against people who were supposed to be fighting the same cause with them.
In a bid to wipe out the minority tribes, our towns and villages were evacuated, our men put to slave labour and later on shot (reminiscent of Nazi Germany), our women taken as sex slaves, young boys shared the same fate as the men. Bakana, Bille, Abonnema were all forcefully evacuated.

Finally, when the Nigerian Army counter attacked and liberated Port Harcourt, the retreating Biafran Army, burnt Kingsway (now Supabod building), Nabo Graham-Douglas's law library (which was the best Law library in the whole of West Africa) and other land marks in the Garden city. Of what military significance were these acts??

I don't blame the misguided ill-informed people for trampling on the graves of those who were murdered by the Biafran Army, by protesting in Port Harcourt. I blame Gowon for forbidding accounts of the war being published after the war, but more importantly for not trying war criminals (like Col Ojeh of Degema) within the Biafran Army and holding them accountable for their inhuman and murderous actions during the war. 70 years after World War 2, we are still reminded on a daily basis the atrocities that the Nazi's committed. If Gowon had done what he was morally and duty bound to do, this matter of Biafra would have been put to rest once and for all.

By the way, in May 1968, my uncle (my mother's younger brother) was shot in his Warri street residence in Port Harcourt, his corpse butchered, his flesh sold as Biafra meat in Mile 1 market. That same day the Nigerian Army opened up and started shelling Port Harcourt, which was ultimately liberated

Are those protesting and the other supporters of "Biafra" aware of these facts??

The war has been over these past 45 years, we are forging on as a country, setting aside our ethnocentric issues. That Ex-Biafrans have been assimilated into all spheres of our society (as they should), without any punishment meted out to the war criminals among them, doesn't give anyone the right to re-write history or bring these painful memories back.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

https://www.facebook.com/alaboabiye.akkioabbey/posts/10153267949980028
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
Observant:

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, I perfectly understand your point. The way some of our broses from the SE talk about Boro, Wiwa etcetra is not only scornful, but it also shows how some of them still view our people. I never imagined that IPOB youths will take PHC(which some of them now calls Igweocha) as their protest ground instead of Abuja where Kanu is being held or Lagos if they really want to make statement. Well, I respect their right to peaceful protest but I want to believe that these IPOB youths weren't keen on provoking Rivers people and PHC city inhabitants and bringing the economy of the State to halt. I once said that the IPOB's methodology and statements will be counter-productive to whatever unity that the Igbos seek with ethnic nationals of the Niger-Delta. Just take it easy boss
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
When you trivialize the genuine fear and agitation of others it only exposes your inherent hypocrisy and it is getting clearer that all the shout of 'we are one' wasn't borne out of any genuine hunger for oneness but a charade and the highest level of deceit but trust me nobody will buy that dummy in this 21st century.

I've raised a valid point that would require any man with a sound sense of judgement who believes in any kind of genuine agenda to pause and ponder and speak wisely even in deceit but nay , all we've seen so far is the same repeated rhetoric of "We don't want your oil" , "we don't need you" , "Igbos are great people" "we are better than you" well , it's free for every man to feel important but don't you think that the same spirit of being more important than others based on a delusion of grandeur is also inherent in another man?

You know sometimes I laugh at the level of ignorance being exhibited by you folks - it goes a long way to show that you don't even know what you want at all.You're just talking and making noise simply due to the umbrella of democracy provided by a democratic Nigeria and be committing treasonable felony and walk scot free while calling others traitors all in the name of freedom of speech and expression......smh

You don't want to remain in Nigeria , which is your right but the question is why are you hell bent on coercing others into your Biafra? Isn't that one of the reasons why you're running away from Nigeria ? Why are you trying to do the same thing you've rejected being done unto you ?
Honestly , you guys would make better comedians.

My take is simple , we are not against you but please for the sake of tomorrow , kindly leave us out until you reach out to us with respect that we deserve then we might just consider. Is that one too much to ask for ? We've warned you , don't say we didn't make our position known.
Tell your kinsmen, this is 2015 and not 1967 where our parents were simply told to run because there is a war coming , how the war started they didn't know , who started the war they didn't know yet they died in their thousands both on the battle field and in their peaceful villages ,and their only benefit from the war was a total subjugation and degradation of their habitat yet you ungrateful scums call them traitors? Smh. You guys do have a problem.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 24, 2015
laudate:

Dem don start! shocked Because the atrocities were committed against non-Igbo minorities by the Biafran soldiers, you are now referring to the writer's account as "unsubstantiated." God dey! cry

It is part of the typical tactics of your people, to discard any true-life accounts by non-Igbo minorities, and wallow in self-denial.

Sam Enadeghe Umweni wrote about his own personal experience, and the atrocities he witnessed inside the Biafran enclave in his book, '888 Days in Biafra,' published by iUniverse, Inc., in 2007. Yet, the proponents of propaganda are always in a hurry to dismiss his account.

It is not only among Rivers people, that there were complaints of atrocities. Other non-Igbo minorities recorded the same fate. Even General Godwin Alabi-Isama in his book titled the 'Tragedy of Victory', noted that when the federal forces landed in Uyo & Calabar, they discovered one thing: "...the atrocities committed by Biafran troops on the people of Uyo and Annang were legendary."

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
You can't move ahead when all parties that are involved have not sat down to talk about any deal and their differences - it's like a woman going into a marriage blind , simply with the promises of love , care and oneness.

Haven't you notice the arrogance which our brothers from the SE are putting on even here on NL ? and if what they say is a true reflection of their mindset which I believe it is , then it is important for us to sit down and talk, else no deal.

Any protest in Port Harcourt will not be taken lightly. And if they call it all bark and no bite then they should go ahead and declare Biafra.We are waiting.
Some of them are talking about Isaac Adaka Boro in a scornful manner and taunting us about Saro Wiwa as if the 3 million Igbos that died were not humans at all but ants to them.

For the sake of sanity , it is better to remain a slave than to be handed over to an unrepentant brother.May I also remind you that we also have a right to self emancipation just like they have.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Obiagu1(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2015
atbu1983:

... and you think SS Igbos will join you in NigerDelta?
You are deluded!

By the way, who told you the Igbo province would dominate Biafra when each and every province will controls their resources and have equal representation at the centre?
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2015
PenSniper:

Your greed, arrogance and the endemic deasease to subjugate and Lord it over others led you into an ethnic-cleansing coup in the first place.
Your superiority complex and imbecility in the North led to your mass massacre like chickens in the North.
Your tribal bigotry led your Aguiyi Ironsi not to try the coupists as required by law.

The endemic deasease for domination in your tribe led Aguiyi Ironsi, Your brainless and chickish leader to abrogate regionalism and imposed unitary system with the aim of subjugating the North and SW.

Your arrogance and intention to control the oil in Riverine areas led to the declaration of Biafra by a senior army officer on paper but a lance couple in intelligence and strategy.

Your ingratitude to the Yoruba after the war will yet lead you into another Waterloo.

With all your noise-making and loudmouth, Nnamdi Kanu, your self-styled president of Biafra is spending days in detention for inability to fulfill simple bail conditions and all you could do is to foam in the mouth on social media. Where is the 600, 000 strong waiting army of Biafra, where are the boastful minions in IPOB who wanted to set the country on fire?

You feel so unsure and panicky to profound your biafra sickness without lumping the SS.

You are a tribe of vermin who are against everybody and everybody's hands against you like Ismael.

You are a tribe who are cursed to forever do the very wrong, base and sordid things to make everyone hate them like the biblical Cain.

You are a tribe of African Adult Hitlers who will always be instigated by false complex and psychotic thinking to take actions that will always lead to their decimation.

Don't you think you have too much problems on your lap as it is?
You are facing the imminent death of your Biafra dream with the certain jailing of your president and all you can do is to adopt blame game and wail on NL.

Your problem must be mental.
Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Well, enough is indeed enough. I believe that the event must be recounted by whoever witnessed it, but with the aim of educating, informing and influence a better decision of our people. However, what keep troubling me is how some IPOB youths go about it. Calling PHC 'Igweocha' is nothing but heavy slap on all of us. The most painful is tagging us 'traitors' by the IPOB youths. I think they should define what they actually want and bring to the table to enable us determine whether or not we will align to it.

@Barcanista

If you give Igbo man an inch, he will take 10 metres. Among all commentators on Nairaland, d igbos on nairaland are so pain by ur position on Biafra because they cant call you a yoruba man.

They expected every pro GEJ in south south to be pro Biafra. That is what the IPOB noise is base upon to deceive many south south people to follow them to Slaughter house. No deep thinking south south person will agree to Biafra.

What they fail to understand is that i may be pro APC south south person today while you may be Pro PDP south south person today. We may not agree on political issues. But on the issues of our ethnic nationalities we dont give a damn about PDP or APC. That is where they got it wrong.

The BIafra Igbo want is d Biafra were they can completely remove south south people from history. In d Biafra they want, Igbo alone will be more than 60% of the population. With that they can have thier way. Impose igbo language on every school and claim is for national unity. In less than 50years we will all loose our identity.

Even as at today, they dont recognise or respect many ethnic group in south south. As far as they are concern Ikwerre, Opopo, ika etc are igbo. They dont care what these people think.

1 Like

Re: South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. by fx45(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2015
atbu1983:
so , what is your point? is Edo state part of North east or Niger Delta?
And when you talk about Niger-Delta, is Abia and Imo state not part of the Niger-Delta? What exactly is your point? Edo state isn't part of Biafra and WILL NEVER BE!

Biafra will only include the Igboid part of Edo and not an inch of Igbo territory will be left behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF / 2019 Senate: Can Obanikoro Be Trusted Again? / 2018 Convention: - APC Settles For Consensus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.