Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders (1324 Views)

Innoson To Deliver Bullet-Proof Car To Ben-bruce In 90 Days(Photos) / Jonathan’s Body Guards Posted Out Of Aso Rock Villa At Last / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by blacksta(m): 6:23am On May 03, 2009
Sunday Vanguard noted that the speaker, for the first time, had usual security built around him at the airport. He was also using outriders in Lagos for the first time.

He did not only ride out of the airport in a bullet-proof Range Rover sports utility vehicle, SUV, said to have been recently imported into the country, his vehicle was equally guarded by[b] no less than four heavily armed body guards [/b]as he rode out to town for his younger brother’s wedding at Oregun area of Lagos.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/34911/42/
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by blacksta(m): 6:25am On May 03, 2009
Omo, life is sweet 000000000 h if you are very rich or stolen government loot of Nigeria . When i grow up i want to be a LOOTICIAN oh sorry politician, I thought fashola imposed a ban on sirens in lagos or is their an exception.
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by sbo(m): 8:58am On May 03, 2009
For goodness sake why does the Speaker of the House need Outriders and bullet proof SUV? I can't imagine the Speaker of the House of Commons travelling in bullet proof vehicles talkless of outriders. I don't even think Gordon Brown travel with outriders.

God save us!
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by ElRazur: 9:24am On May 03, 2009
sbo:

For goodness sake why does the Speaker of the House need Outriders and bullet proof SUV? I can't imagine the Speaker of the House of Commons travelling in bullet proof vehicles talkless of outriders. I don't even think Gordon Brown travel with outriders.

God save us!

As much I would like to rip into action of the speaker. I have to be sensible here! There isnt much security in Nigeria, so perhaps the speaker as a high profile really needs to consider his own personal security?

Let us compare likes for like, while the security and peace of mind exist in this nation, Nigeria is just a different ball game all together.
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by sbo(m): 9:30am On May 03, 2009
ElRazur:

As much I would like to rip into action of the speaker. I have to be sensible here! There isnt much security in Nigeria, so perhaps the speaker as a high profile really needs to considers his own personal security?

Let us compare likes for like, while the security and peace of mind exist in this nation, Nigeria is just a different ball game all together.
The question then is, why has security in Nigeria gone down the drain? Driving in armoured vehicles will only protect them for 4 years and they will become one of us. I hope he will be able to buy armoured vehicles and employ outriders when he leaves office.
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by ElRazur: 9:38am On May 03, 2009
sbo:

The question then is, why has security in Nigeria gone down the drain? Driving in armoured vehicles will only protect them for 4 years and they will become one of us. I hope he will be able to buy armoured vehicles and employ outriders when he leaves office.

Well, it is as a result of 40years of mismanagement and Incompetency at the highest level. The speaker, is only been there for a time that isn't long enough to make effective changes. Hence, why I think he may be right in putting together his own little personal security.

You see, these are some of the fundamental problems that I mention every now and then, that a few ignorant people just wont see. We as a nation have so many problems that is fundamentally flawed, and until we go back and start all over then we are just wasting time by going to false moves like "rebranding" "Think positive" etc.
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by sbo(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2009
ElRazur:

You see, these are some of the fundamental problems that I mention every now and then, that a few ignorant people just wont see. We as a nation have so many problems that is fundamentally flawed, and until we go back and start all over then we are just wasting time by going to false moves like "rebranding" "Think positive" etc.

I do TOTALLY agree with you on this one. Our so-called democracy and governance structure are FUNDAMENTALLY flawed. We really need to retrace our steps, and redefine the principles of our existence as nation. I used to think those who were clamouring for a 'sovereign national conference' were doing so for selfish reasons but with the current events in the polity, I think it is important we have one. But don't get me wrong I'm not saying we should break up. But we need to redefine our democractic structure. Our constitution only needs a major 'overhauling'
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by yicob(m): 9:47am On May 03, 2009
Who no like beta thing. What would he take along if hes travelin out of naija.
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by ElRazur: 9:55am On May 03, 2009
sbo:

I do TOTALLY agree with you on this one. Our so-called democracy and governance structure are FUNDAMENTALLY flawed. We really need to retrace our steps, and redefine the principles of our existence as nation. I used to think those who were clamouring for a 'sovereign national conference' were doing so for selfish reasons but with the current events in the polity, I think it is important we have one. But don't get me wrong I'm not saying we should break up. But we need to redefine our democractic structure. Our constitution only needs a major 'overhauling'

I agree with you too. Only thing I would however disagree with is this - If we have to break up for the greater good, then let us do it. I sometimes feel Ojukwu [Right spelling??] had the right idea back then.

The chances of us undoing 40years plus of badly fundamentals remains to be seen. For it to happen, we are talking about a big change here, in fact, a revolutionary. You see, both are most likely not gonna happen in my opinion. So the next viable step is to actually break up the nation and each region can focus on itself and start afresh.

yicob:

Who no like beta thing. What would he take along if hes travelin out of naija.

It depends on where he is going. If he is coming here - UK - he wont need such security.
Re: Speaker Of The House + 4 Body Guards ,bullet Proof Car & Outriders by sbo(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2009
ElRazur:

The chances of us undoing 40years plus of badly fundamentals remains to be seen. For it to happen, we are talking about a big change here, in fact, a revolutionary. You see, both are most likely not gonna happen in my opinion[color=#990000][/color]. So the next viable step is to actually break up the nation and each region can focus on itself and start afresh.

I must confess that I share your sceptism

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Really An Academician? / Cry For Help By Nigerians Stranded In China / Breaking News: Ibori's Mistress Loses Case In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.