Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,474 members, 7,854,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (676039 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:
grin cheesy Loool Shymm3x there's more to what those guys are gaining from Nigeria other than oil.They still have their oil wells all over the Niger delta and they'll protect those wells with the last drop of their blood since they know they won't have access to it once Nigeria disintegrates.But lets see how this pans out

There are actually four basins with potentials for oil exploration in Northern Nigeria. If they can find anything similar to what Sudan has, I doubt they'll want to share it with anyone. They were the first to declare secession from Nigeria and the only reason they stayed was cos of the diplomatic cable from the British high commission in Nigeria that told them about the oil discoveries and potentials in the Niger Delta. That was the same reason why Ojukwu also wanted that region so bad.

A lot of the oil wells they own in the Niger Delta aren't yielding that much anymore. Also, a lot of the oil contract licenses are expiring in 2016/2017. That's why there's a grand scheme to swallow everything and they're placing themselves in positions where they can do it, without that much resistance. Discovering oil in their region might change that.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
The annual Cowbell mathematics competion(Cowbellpedia) finally came to a close last week and Yoruba students aced the quiz competition

WINNERS - SENIOR CATEGORY

1st- Ayodeji Akinkuowo : Adeyemi demonstartion secondary school Ondo state

2nd - Titilayo Fasoro Adewale : Hallmark secondary school Ondo state

3rd - Joshua Mokut : Emilis Acdemy Cross River state

WINNERS-JUNIOR CATEGORY

1st-Munachi Ernest-Eze : Loyola Jesuit College Abuja

2nd-Ajoke Taiwo : Scholars Universal secondary school Ogun state

3rd- Ayomide Fadisa : Loyal Jesuit College Abuja

CabbieAC, please help us get and post an appropriate link for this news, i just saw it in the papers this afternoon

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

There are actually four basins with potentials for oil exploration in Northern Nigeria. If they can find anything similar to what Sudan has, I doubt they'll want to share it with anyone. They were the first to declare secession from Nigeria and the only reason they stayed was cos of the diplomatic cable from the British high commission in Nigeria that told them about the oil discoveries and potentials in the Niger Delta. That was the same reason why Ojukwu also wanted that region so bad.

A lot of the oil wells they own in the Niger Delta aren't yielding that much anymore. Also, a lot of the oil contract licenses are expiring in 2016/2017. That's why there's a grand scheme to swallow everything and they're placing themselves in positions where they can do it, without that much resistance. Discovering oil in their region might change that.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ir5DN_7mwzw/UngEwcH7ppI/AAAAAAAAOpg/cTPq2iBdjWg/s1600/ti.gif[/img]

Greedy mawffugh and his offsprings are still doing the same thing till now
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
[size=13pt]Ondo, FCT representatives win Cowbellpedia quiz[/size]

Students of Adeyemi Demonstration Secondary School, Ondo; and Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja emerged winners of the mathematics competition in this year’s Cowbellpedia TV Quiz held in Lagos at the weekend. While Ayodeji Akinkuowo of Adeyemi Demonstration won the trophy for the senior category; his counterpart, Munachi Ernest-Eze of Loyola Jesuit won the gold medal for the junior cadre.

Other finalists in the senior category were Titilayo Fasoro-Adewale of Hallmark Secondary School, Ondo (2nd) and Joshua Mokut of Emilis Academy, Calabar, Cross River State, 3rd position. Similarly, in the junior cadre, Ajoke Taiwo of Scholars Universal Sec. School, Ota, Ogun State; came second while Ayomide Fadipe of Loyola Jesuit College came third.

Speaking at the occasion, Olivier Thiry, Managing Director, Promasidor Nigeria Ltd, makers of Cowbell, commended all the finalists for outstanding performance out of over 34,000 students who enlisted for the competition.

He said “I will like to encourage you to keep up with the momentum. At Promasidor, we are very proud to be nourishing the dreams of our future leaders with our various products. We believe in Nigeria and its bright future and will continue to invest not only in its business but also in the society.

“The TV Quiz Competition added to the contest this year is a reflection of our determination to always explore possible ways of rekindling interest of secondary school students in mathematics.”

The winners in both categories went home with cash prizes of N750,000, N500,000 and N250,000 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions. Their Mathematics teachers went home with N250,000; N200,000 and N150,000 respectively. The winning schools got 5 computer units/printer; 3 computer units/printer; and 2 computer units/printer. Also the champions for the two categories and their mathematics teachers will be sponsored on an all-expense paid vacation to Gambia.

The Registrar, National Examination Council (NECO) Prof Abdulrashid Garba, said: “Nigeria wants to be a great nation, but we cannot achieve that if Mathematics and sciences are not taken seriously. This competition is one of those concepts that will help to raise the standard of education in this country.”

In her Goodwill Message, Ms Jean Gough, UNICEF Country Representative, commended the Cowbellpedia Team and Ministry of Education for their strive towards education for all in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/ondo-fct-representatives-win-cowbellpedia-quiz/

Cc Musiwa419.I'm still expecting your reply on Tongeji island and Ode Omi

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:

If I give you E-knock? grin grin cheesy
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ir5DN_7mwzw/UngEwcH7ppI/AAAAAAAAOpg/cTPq2iBdjWg/s1600/ti.gif[/img]

Greedy mawffugh and his offsprings are still doing the same thing till now

The Eboe has always be greedy since his name was Eboe. He changed clothes to Ibo but never changed who he's. And now that he's Igbo - with "G" = greedy - as part of his name, the innate greed went up a notch. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
Iya Agba It seems you're feeling dizzy.Jump on your mattress and crash grin grin cheesy

There's this school in Ogun state that keeps winning the Cowbell thing year in year out.I'll try digging it out.Arguably the best secondary school in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
IlekeHD

You're the DJ for tonight.

I beg you play some good music - it's Sunday night. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:
IlekeHD

Huuuuh!

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:
Musiwa419 I remember you talking about Tongeji Island some days back.Abeg do you have any idea what's going on with that? and what of Oil rich Ode-Omi?
sorry, I just saw this now.

Tongeji Island is at Ipokia in Ogun, not too far from Badagry in Lagos(both towns are separated by the lagoon) it is also not far from Idi iroko, where the Nigerian Customs Border post is situated.

Those that have been there told me that Tongeji is a very beautiful Island, rich in crude oil deposit and surrounded by the Okun and Osa, but the natives(Egun) there are really really suffering due to government neglect. It is rumoured that they are even planning to cede their territory to the government of Benin republic if Nigeria cannot take care of them.

When Governor Amosun wnet there to campaign some months ago, he told them that the exploration of the crude oil in that Island depends on the intrest the FG shows to it but he will try his best to press it on the FG and also provide them with ammenities such as roads, clinics, schools etc which they were lacking. Till date, i do not think those campaign promises have been fufilled and if we arent careful we might loose Tongeji to Benin republic.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:
IlekeHD

You won't like my album..... This is my kinda music grin

start @ 0:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPvxOrsGwy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ_BoOlAXyk
(I love this guy grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPvxOrsGwy0

tongue tongue smiley smiley smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:

Huuuuh!

Lool.

You're the duke of gifs. grin

We need some Harlem shake in there as well.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
Yup I found it.Iganmode Grammar School

Iganmode Grammar School won the Cowbell Mathematics Competition in 2002, 2007 and 2011, and recorded a back-to-back success in 2011, 2012 and 2013 making them the only school to have done that in the history of the Competition

They won the 2013 American Mathematics Competition organised by the International Academy of the Gifted, 2004 National Computer JETS Competition, 2003 NNPC National Quiz Competition and 2001 STAN National Science Quiz Competition

Second best secondary school in Nigeria 2014

Omo dem this one dey vex ooo. See CV shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lool.

You're the duke of gifs. grin

We need some Harlem shake in there as well.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
99% of Nigerian music I listen to are gospel (i know i know) because they have the same theme/beat as musicals smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkul9xqFtk
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
IlekeHD:

You won't like my album..... This is my kinda music grin

start @ 0:20

tongue tongue smiley smiley smiley

Lmao!!

You and missy89 are weirdos and ya taste in music sucks. That's the type of music that propaganda machine also listens to.

Or is it an Ondo thing, since you're also part Ondo? grin

Darn! I want something like my doozy Sona (Free Sona).

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCtJZ0SU8U
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Musiwa419:

Tongeji Island is at Ipokia in Ogun, not too far from Badagry in Lagos(both towns are separated by the lagoon) it is also not far from Idi iroko, where the Nigerian Customs Border post is situated.

Those that have been there told me that Tongeji is a very beautiful Island, rich in crude oil deposit and surrounded by the Okun and Osa, but the natives(Egun) there are really really suffering due to government neglect. It is rumoured that they are even planning to cede their territory to the government of Benin republic if Nigeria cannot take care of them.

When Governor Amosun wnet there to campaign some months ago, he told them that the exploration of the crude oil in that Island depends on the intrest the FG shows to it but he will try his best to press it on the FG and also provide them with ammenities such as roads, clinics, schools etc which they were lacking. Till date, i do not think those campaign promises have been fufilled and if we arent careful we might loose Tongeji to Benin republic.

@excerpt in bold. Is that even possible without Nigeria sanctioning it?

Regardless, they need to do something about these folks and look after them.

I also read somewhere that Awolowo alluded to Epe all the way to Ogun waterside as being blessed with oil prospects. How true is this?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
Musiwa419:

Yeah I heard the place has a lot of tourism potentials,Same with Ode omi.There's nothing you can't find in the South-west trust me.

I remember Amosun warning the FG against any form of laxity that could make Nigeria lose it to Benin republic.I hope we don't experience another Bakassi

I believe the Nigerian Navy is protecting it as we speak
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao!!

You and missy89 are weirdos and ya taste in music sucks. That's the type of music that propaganda machine also listens to.

Or is it an Ondo thing, since you're also part Ondo? grin

Darn! I want something like my doozy Sona (Free Sona).

Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCtJZ0SU8U

Nigerian music sucks (hiphop). I'm tired of hearing "judu soke" "bump that azz" "twerk" "ukwu/ikebe". So annoying.

I do like old classic songs from Orlando owoh, Ebenezer Obey, Victor Olaiya etc....

The girls teeth na wa. I love gaps but..... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4TqfB32hKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enf68hEsvys
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ondo is great, only second to Ekiti.....jokinggg grin cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jaymichael(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
chrisbaba1:
i love this thread, well done ilekeh.

We Yoruba from now on need to live and build ourselves as though we are the only ones in our country. We need to reorient our people to now embrace diligence in the way we have never seen before, occupy various institutions and get prepared for any eventuality so when the separation comes, we would be fully prepared and thrive to the envy of great nations. Thank God we have some level of unity and peace already.

Maybe we need a purely Odua media even, that reorients and preaches proper values to our people. We can keep one Nigeria in our left hands while we work towards a great Odua republic.
Otito oro ni o so yen. @the bolded, I totally agree with you. While championing one Nigeria, our Oodua consciousness should be pivotal in all our actions.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
So how come we didn't see the Cowbellpedia news on the front page
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jaymichael(m): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:
Iya Agba I saw you talking about the idea of Itsekiris joining us.Abeg we should stop speaking for anyone or wanting others to join us.The 6 south-west states plus kwara are enough.If they want to join us,they should speak for themselves.We can't speak for anyone,it makes us look cheap.
CabbieAC are you aareonakakanfo? the one I normally call "field Marshall". What happened? they ban you?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
chrisbaba1:
i love this thread, well done ilekeh.

We Yoruba from now on need to live and build ourselves as though we are the only ones in our country. We need to reorient our people to now embrace diligence in the way we have never seen before, occupy various institutions and get prepared for any eventuality so when the separation comes, we would be fully prepared and thrive to the envy of great nations. Thank God we have some level of unity and peace already.

Maybe we need a purely Odua media even, that reorients and preaches proper values to our people. We can keep one Nigeria in our left hands while we work towards a great Odua republic.

Sorry I'm just seeing this post.

Well done to EVERYBODY.

And you are correct in your assertion. We need a media solely for yoruba values. Pass the word around. Enough with this "One Nigeria" nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
jaymichael:
CabbieAC are you aareonakakanfo? the one I normally call "field Marshall". What happened? they ban you?

Yeah na anti-spambot lock my Aareonakakanfo account inside tubu grin cheesy This is my alternate account
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
IlekeHD:

Nigerian music sucks (hiphop). I'm tired of hearing "judu soke" "bump that azz" "twerk" "ukwu/ikebe". So annoying.

I do like old classic songs from Orlando owoh, Ebenezer Obey, Victor Olaiya etc....

The girls teeth na wa. I love gaps but..... grin

Lmao. Sona was born and raised in London. The guy just speaks Yoruba fluently, I guess that's why he decided to do Afrobeats. But I do agree with you that Afrobeat is the most annoying genre of music out there cos they just make noise most of the time and they all sound the same. But I won't lie, some of the tunes are decent. I like Dbanj, Burna boy, Davido, and a few decent tunes from Wizkid. 9ice also used to be decent back in the day, especially that "Street Credibility" tune. And MayD is also decent.

What do you think about this tune by Davido? (though "Gobe" is my all time favourite tune by Davido lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgYPz-sTc4?list=PLxon9uoRtTNbU1fOm5RbPX9GwpeYfRUpY
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
CabbieAC:

Yeah I heard the place has a lot of tourism potentials,Same with Ode omi.There's nothing you can't find in the South-west trust me.

I remember Amosun warning the FG against any form of laxity that could make Nigeria lose it to Benin republic.I hope we don't experience another Bakassi

I believe the Nigerian Navy is protecting it as we speak

Yeah there is a skeletal Naval presence there and they are also potential tourist destinations in Ipokia aside from Tongeji such as Ilashe, Agosasa, Ijofin etc. I am of the opinion that the Ogun and Lagos state government build a build a bridge across the lagoon separating Ipokia and Badagry. They can both partner together and attract investors to this area
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
IlekeHD:
Ondo is great, only second to Ekiti.....jokinggg grin cool

Weirdos. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao. Sona was born and raised in London. The guy just speaks Yoruba fluently, I guess that's why he decided to do Afrobeats. But I do agree with you that Afrobeat is the most annoying genre of music out there cos they just make noise most of the time and they all sound the same. But I won't lie, some of the tunes are decent. I like Dbanj, Burna boy, Davido, and a few decent tunes from Wizkid. 9ice also used to be decent back in the day, especially that "Street Credibility" tune. And MayD is also decent.

What do you think about this tune by Davido? (though "Gobe" is my all time favourite tune by Davido lol).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgYPz-sTc4?list=PLxon9uoRtTNbU1fOm5RbPX9GwpeYfRUpY

I love that song by Davido. Love it!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wizkidd had so much potential remaking Fela's song, but he came out with crap..... feraris ferashi. crap.

So much potential..... he had the beat, the video and the history (fela).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAV4KlD86E8
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

I also read somewhere that Awolowo alluded to Epe all the way to Ogun waterside as being blessed with oil prospects. How true is this?
I am not sure but it is very plausible
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
IlekeHD:

I love that song by Davido. Love it!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wizkidd had so much potential remaking Fela's song, but he came out with crap..... feraris ferashi. crap.

So much potential..... he had the beat, the video and the history (fela).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAV4KlD86E8

Brapppppp! Chune!!!! I need to go find my dancing shoes and drink some henny to that tune!!!

Seeee Gobeeeee!

Girl, ya behind is a killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFDu6ACKLKo
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by DrMoffy(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
wow!!! I finally caught up with this beautiful thread after one week. I had a very busy schedule but made sure I went through d thread page by page. with what I hv read n learnt here, I have no doubt THERE IS HOPE FOR YORUBA NATION. Bring it on, we are good to go.... kudos my people!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.