Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (674126 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
IlekeHD:

Exactly. I wish we have nlers who can go on these site and validate their completion. Of course government site will be bias.

That was the same thing I suggested last week but those who promised us never fulfilled their promises

We need a "Project tracking website"

A website that can give us photo evidence of what's happening

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by theV0ice: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Ilekehd/Quimicababes.I've been hearing all these "we'll boost rice production" stories since Ade bantu was on dreadlocks and yet there's nothing to show for it so I'm not fazed

Infact I can post up to 20 links here of this same kind of news If you want me to

In other news

[size=15pt]Amosun Commends Navy Over Tongeji Island[/size]

Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has commended the men and officers of the Nigerian Navy for maintaining a presence on Tongeji Island, Ogun State.

The governor stated this on Monday while receiving the newly redeployed Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command, Rear Admiral Rafael Osondu in his Oke-mosan, Abeokuta office.

“I’m happy you are already aware of Tongeji Island, but we would not only need your attention and support in that area, but also at Olokola where we are having our deep sea port. We don’t want these huge resources to again go the way of Bakassi Peninsula,” Amosun said.

While pledging his administration’s continued support for the Nigerian Navy, Governor Amosun said he is convinced that the new Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command is a thoroughbred professional and that must have informed his posting to the sensitive command that oversees Ogun, Lagos and Ondo states.

Speaking earlier, Osondu commended the governor for his support and cooperation with the Navy adding that, “with Ogun now on the verge of becoming one of the oil-producing states, the force was fully ready to ward-off intruders from the oil-rich Tongeji Island.”

The Flag Commanding Officer assured that “our presence in these areas would begin to yield positive results to the state and the nation at large and we are ready to partner and work with the state in every capacity to ensure a hitch-free experience.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/11/amosun-commends-navy-over-tongeji-island/

haaaa!!! Ogun sef get oil?? shocked shocked

That's nice wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Ilekehd/Quimicababes.I've been hearing all these "we'll boost rice production" stories since Ade bantu was on dreadlocks and yet there's nothing to show for it so I'm not fazed
Infact I can post up to 20 links here of this same kind of news If you want me to
In other news

Nigerians sha.... they love hearing "We will do", but never follow up with "we have done" ......

If na America, na me sef go go to the site and take pictures. Someone needs to create an app for this; Citizen Engagement Innovation

Check this site out : http://www.statetechmagazine.com/article/2014/04/mobile-apps-enable-citizen-engagement-and-better-services
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
@kakanfo...that's the thing. Ppl need to follow up on these projects...how much money was disbursed etc for the various schemes,it % completion etc? Folks need to start demanding accountability.If y'all aren't following up on those projects it makes it easier for them politicians to chop money.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
theV0ice:

haaaa!!! Ogun sef get oil?? shocked shocked

That's nice wink

Na only that one? There's Ode Omi as well.Look at this

[size=13pt]Lagos, Ogun Await Boundary Commission Report on Oil-rich Community[/size]

The Lagos and Ogun State Governments have expressed a strong desire to allow the National Boundary Commission (NBC) determine which of the states has Ode Omi, an oil and gas-rich community, located in Ibeju-Lekki of Lagos State.

The decision was contained in a communiqué, which the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola (SAN) and his Ogun State counterpart, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, jointly issued after a meeting on the boundary issues between the two states.

The communiqué said the outstanding issues in respect of Sector C, specifically Ode Omi, “will be addressed at a later date. In the meantime, the two states agreed to maintain the status quo and await the determination by the Commission.”

Before the meeting held last week in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Lagos State Government had laid claim to more than 70 per cent of the oil and gas-rich community, which borders Ogun State on the eastern part of the state.

On a visit to the community early this year, the Commissioner for Rural Development, Hon. Cornelius Ojelabi, said a survey conducted in 1983 during the administration of ex-Governor Lateef Jakande “shows that over 70 per cent of Ode Omi belongs to Lagos State.

But, the two state governments resolved the boundary issues over 15 communities bordering the two states even as Fashola received a Letter of Allocation in respect of 500 hectares of land for agriculture in Ogun State.

The 15 border communities whose long standing boundary matters were resolved at the meeting held in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, include, Iragbo, Agbara, River Ilo, Iroko Village, Isheri, Emuren, Ojodu, Akute, Ajuwon, Mojoda, Ogijo, Agbado, Alagbole, Iju and Ilogbo Eremi.

At the meeting held in his office, Amosun last week handed over a Letters of Allocation in respect of 500 hectares of land for agriculture and a Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) in respect of Iju Waterworks to Fashola.

The land, situated at Eggua in the Yewa North local government area of the state, is to be used to boost the agricultural programme of Lagos State, the Lagos AGRIC YES, which had provided jobs for thousands of university graduates who have been trained as farmers and given entrepreneurial skills.

According to the communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, the two governors deliberated on matters of mutual interests such as those bordering on land and taxation.

It was also agreed that the deputy governors of the two states would soon commence the joint signposting of the boundaries that have been agreed upon by the two states.

The communiqué said the two governors also agreed that the basis for income tax payment in the two states “is still the residency rule which stipulates that taxes should be paid to the state where the taxpayer resides and gave a commitment towards reconciling the number of taxpayers resident in each of the states.”

The two governors also re-affirmed their commitment to the regional integration of the South-west.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-ogun-await-boundary-commission-report-on-oil-rich-community/129109/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
City of Boston has an app that allows citizens to report road bumps directly to the city
http://www.cityofboston.gov/DoIT/apps/streetbump.asp

UK developed an add where citizens can detect and report potholes
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-02/14/street-bump-app

Philadelphia: app to report road conditions
http://bicyclecoalition.org/ride-your-bike/reporting-street-conditions/

etc
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
There is tracka http://tracka.ng/ but folks don't seem to be using it. undecided
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Quimicababes that tracka website looks good.All it needs is publicity.I've never seen it until now.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

That was the same thing I suggested last week but those who promised us never fulfilled their promises

I'd hate to never fulfill your promise because you never get grin

Chai, I feel sorry for those boys.

Who and where are they anyways. It seems like most of the people that actually give a shoit (besides modath/laudate) are NID and foriegners like quimi.

Most Nigerians in Nigeria (NIN) are complacent to incompetent work.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
I don't want them to discover any more oil in the SW until Nigeria has divided.

I don't doubt that oil exist in Osun as well, but the more oil we find, the less the leeches are willing to divide this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
quimicababes:
There is tracka http://tracka.ng/ but folks don't seem to be using it. undecided

First time seeing this.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
There's tongeji Island which I feel we will secure at the end of the day.Its Oil,Tourism

Ode Omi is there too -Oil,fisheries and tourism

Ondo state's Cocoa,Timber,Oil,gas,tourism,Bitumen.

Osun state's gold,agriculture,Tourism.

Ogun state's limestone,proximity to Lagos,Industry.

Oyo state's gemstones,arable land,Agriculture,Textile Industry

Lagos seaports,Industry,Tech hub

And this is just me randomly typing anything that comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Nice idea.Make them Yorubas back in Naija start taking pics so we can track various projects initiated by SW governors
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Honestly there's nothing you need in a country that the South-west doesn't have

We're being held back.I don't even care If the romanis take the South-South away with them

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
BoI’s facility boosts local cables production by 30,000 tonnes

THE Bank of Industry’s s intervention in the nation’s real sector, especially in the cables and wires industry, has increased local production of electric cables by 28,000 metric tonnes following the expansion of Coleman Wires and Cables factory from 2000 metric tonnes to 30,000 metric tonnes.

Speaking during the official commissioning of Coleman Wires and Cables factory, Arepo 2, in Ogun State, Managing Director, BoI, Rasheed Olaoluwa, said: “BoI is very pleased to have been instrumental to making this factory a reality. As a lender, you are happy, when you give out a loan and the loan has been well utilised for the purpose of which it was taken.

BoI boss, Rasheed Olaoluwa
“We are very happy to see that the facility we have disbursed to this company has turned into a reality.”

He added that the support of BoI to the company is consistent with the Development Finance Institution’s mission to transform the nation’s industrial sector, adding that the company has been able to shoot up its production capacity from 2000 metric tonnes to 30,000 metric tonnes.

His words: “We are very proud of the achievement of the company. From inception, the company started roughly with about 2000 metric tonnes of wires and cables and today I am very proud to announce that this company has grown from 2000 tonnes to over 30,000 tonnes of cable.”

According to him, the cable company was able to achieve this feat by maintaining and producing high quality standards of cable acceptable in any part of the world.

“It is no accident that the company has become the largest producer of cables and wires not only in Nigeria but the entire West African region. This company is a very innovative one achieving great strides in their business operations over the years and has also improved on“their activities and has also gained efficiency over the years,” he said.

The Managing Director, Coleman Wires and Cable, George Onafowokan, stated that “Our viewpoint is to satisfy local demand by also removing the import element. Arepo 2 is a continuous process of our innovation and commitment to the Nigerian market. With this expansion, we are telling the world that is possible for Nigerian companies to succeed in“engineering business and we are not stopping here,”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/bois-facility-boosts-local-cables-production-by-30000-tonnes/
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Honestly there's nothing you need in a country that the South-west doesn't have

We're being held back.I don't even care If the romanis take the South-South away with them

True that.

I'm sorry, this is all good, but they need to stop discovering oil and resources in the SW. This is like a "come and eat me" invitation to the North.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
IlekeHD:

True that.

I'm sorry, this is all good, but they need to stop discovering oil and resources in the SW. This is like a "come and eat me" invitation to the North.

grin cheesy cheesy

Iya Agba I can feel the pain in your comment.Eeyah epele grin cheesy.No worry,dem sef don find their own oil for Lake chad.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Quimicababes I know your facebook name tongue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Fulaman198(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2015
Topic has been moved to the politics section

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

Thanks Fulaman198, you're a star. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Quimicababes I know your facebook name tongue

grin cheesy...dts kool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
Fulaman198:

*Hug*

grin grin grin grin The only Fulani guy I like (don't move it again o, na joke lipsrsealed )

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

grin cheesy cheesy

Iya Agba I can feel the pain in your comment.Eeyah epele grin cheesy.No worry,dem sef don find their own oil for Lake chad.

Honestly, I hope they find oil in all Northern states. Nigerians don suffer enough. We need to divide. We don't have to be together, we can have a diplomatic international relationship.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
Huuuuh! Its been moved back to Politics

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Huuuuh! Its been moved back to Politics

Fulaman198, I hereby join ya hand in marriage with my good friend "Fulanigirl". grin

We need to make it happen. cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
@ Aareonakakanfo

Are there any basins in Osun?

I think the Yorubas in Kogi might also have oil potentials based on where they're located.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:

Fulaman198, I hereby join ya hand in marriage with my good friend "Fulanigirl". grin

We need to make it happen. cool

Huuuuh! Its official grin grin cheesy

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:
@ Aareonakakanfo

I think the Yorubas in Kogi might also have oil potentials based on where they're located.

There's oil in Ibaji but they and Anambra romanis are dragging it.

The areas where Yorubas are located in Kogi are not known for oil.What they have is limestone

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:
@ Aareonakakanfo

Should that ever happen, taking Kogi or some parts of Kogi with Odua land will be a battle grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Huuuuh! Its official grin grin cheesy

Fulanigirl, Fulaman198 is now ya hussy.

Allah has blessed the union. grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aare and his oversized gifs. Reduce am na

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.