Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,134 members, 7,845,767 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (674154 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=14pt] Igbemo Rice Processing Company Limited, Ekiti [/size]

Igbemo Rice Processing Company Limited is the first privately-owned rice processing and branding company in Ekiti State, Nigeria.

Genesis of greatness lies in pursuit of vision and commitment to hard work and human values.

Igbemo Rice Processing Company Limited has moved through monumental stages from its inception, growth and expansion to deliver quality rice.

The company is expanding into newer horizons with a missionary zeal and a dynamic team under the leadership of a strong visionary.

Presently, the company is fostering relationship with both local and foreign companies in the areas of rice farming, improved processing technology and business ties.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

There's oil in Ibaji but they and Anambra romanis are dragging it.

The areas where Yorubas are located in Kogi are not known for oil.What they have is limestone

The spambot just banned me.

This is the map of Kogi. I know Igbirras aren't Yorubas, but are the people in the Kwara division, Yorubas? There's a confluence there and a basin.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
Not much, but we're getting there

[size=14pt]Local rice: ‘Nigeria to make N360bn, Ekiti N6bn’[/size]

Ekiti State can make N6billion annually from the production of rice while N360billion accrues to Nigeria every year.

Ekiti State is one of the leading 13 rice producing states in the country,and was leading in the first republic with the production of Igbemo rice.

Speaking with newsmen in Ado Ekiti, yesterday,the Public Relations Officer of Association of Rice Processors,Millers and Traders Union(ESARPROMT),
Mr Segun Filani, urged the state government to assist in the production of rice by giving about 5,000 rice growers an enabling environment. ’’The daily consumption rate is over N17million.

That translates to over N6billion naira per year in the state”, Filani said.”The sector will definitely increase the IGR of the state, create large employment throughout the value chain right from production to distribution. ”It will further encourage urbanization of the rural areas due to industrialization and this will curb rural-urban migration”.

The image maker listed the health advantages of eating local rice to include production of fatty acids that make healthy forms of cholesterol because of its fiber richness and ability to keep healthy bowel function.
”Brown rice keeps things moving in a way that promotes weight-loss and metabolic function”, he added.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x, Agbaja Kogi state represents one of the largest iron ore reserves in Nigeria and in the world having estimated reserves of 1.25 billion tonnes of ore.I'm not sure if Agbaja is in any of the 6 local governments Okun people occupy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
ProfShymex:

The spambot just banned me.

This is the map of Kogi. I know Igbirras aren't Yorubas, but are the people in the Kwara division, Yorubas? There's a confluence there and a basin.

I don't think so but I'll leave that to those who have more knowledge about Kwara state.Ijumu is occupied by Okun Yorubas though
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I don't think so but I'll leave that to those who have more knowledge about Kwara state.Ijumu is occupied by Okun Yorubas though

Prof Mandarin is an expert on Kwara and Kogi Yorubas.

Mandarin, I beg you help us shed more light on this. wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Shymm3x, Agbaja Kogi state represents one of the largest iron ore reserves in Nigeria and in the world having estimated reserves of 1.25 billion tonnes of ore.I'm not sure if Agbaja is in any of the 6 local governments Okun people occupy

Darn!! 1.25 billion tonnes?!

there goes our rapid industrialisation. grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
Shymm3x:
@ Aareonakakanfo

Are there any basins in Osun?

I think the Yorubas in Kogi might also have oil potentials based on where they're located.

There is no oil basin along that axis.They have more of solid minerals.

Sincerely that axis can be the hub of agriculture and tourism for the yoruba nation.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkaOme: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hahahaha! Nice one!
But if this was an Igbo thread, retarded bastards like Ileke, Coolitempa and Wytecat would have invaded it with their hate and tribal slurs. Useless cretins from the South West!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
ProfShymex:

Darn!! 1.25 billion tonnes?!

there goes our rapid industrialisation. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Fulaman198:
Topic has been moved to the politics section

Aint a swiirat!! wink

3 E_ kiss kiss kiss ... A head too dey diaa!!

Seun, speak to your mods !!

We don't agitate but we always get our point across.. Thx...

Kogi Yoruba are sitting on "goldmine" ... Dangote's Obajana cement factory is the biggest (I can't swear) in sub saharan Africa..

Osun has gold in Ilesa, but the tourist atraction in osun more than make up for any shortcoming in the oil angle...

How are you all doing....

Pleasant news today about the perm seconds, half of the ministries are are jubilating... grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo

I hope the spambot doesn't ban me for this.

Check this out:

Agbaja

Agbaja is the locality of a large iron ore deposit in central Nigeria.

People
Agbaja is inhabited by the Oworo people who speak a Yoruba dialect also called Oworo. They share very similar culture with the Bunu, Owe, Yagba and Ijumu of the western part of Kogi State collectively called Okun. Agbaja is the traditional and political capital of the Oworo people.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
superstar1:

There is no oil basin along that axis.They have more of solid minerals.

Sincerely that axis can be the hub of agriculture and tourism for the yoruba nation.

Basins always have hydrocarbon potentials.

However, when you're talking about quantity - that's a different argument entirely.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
modath:

Aint a swiirat!! wink
3 E_ kiss kiss kiss ... A head too dey diaa!!
Seun, speak to your mods !!
We don't agitate but we always get our point across.. Thx...
Kogi Yoruba are sitting on "goldmine" ... Dangote's Obajana cement factory is the biggest (I can't swear) in sub saharan Africa..
Osun has gold in Ilesa, but the tourist atraction in osun more than make up for any shortcoming in the oil angle...
How are you all doing....
Pleasant news today about the perm seconds, half of the ministries are are jubilating... grin

Ogun state also has a large goldmine.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
ProfShymex:
Aareonakakanfo

I hope the spambot doesn't ban me for this.

Check this out:

Agbaja

Agbaja is the locality of a large iron ore deposit in central Nigeria.

People
Agbaja is inhabited by the Oworo people who speak a Yoruba dialect also called Oworo. They share very similar culture with the Bunu, Owe, Yagba and Ijumu of the western part of Kogi State collectively called Okun. Agbaja is the traditional and political capital of the Oworo people.

Oworo people going by what I've read are Yorubas but there seem to be some confusion among them.I don't think they're all in agreement with that belief.Anyways check this out

http://mauricearchibongtravels..ca/2012/07/welcome-to-oworo-land-where-igbo-nupe.html
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by coolitempa(f): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
OkaOme:
Hahahaha! Nice one!
But if this was an Igbo thread, retarded bastards like Ileke, Coolitempa and Wytecat would have invaded it with their hate and tribal slurs. Useless cretins from the South West!

Abi your head correct so Alakori omo jati jati.....have you not seen my posts on this thread. Anyway, I will not give you the opportunity to infest and derail this thread with your gabbage... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
IlekeHD:

Ogun state also has a large goldmine.

[size=13pt]Nigeria has 620,000 ounces of gold reserves at Ogun[/size]

Africa's largest populated country Nigeria also claimed to have a large proven gold reserves of 620,000 ounces in its Ogun State.

According to country's Mines Minister, Mohammed Musa Sada, mining company Ratel identified the reserves at Eperindo in the state.

Speaking at the International Conference on Mining here, he announced various incentives by the federal government, ranging from capital allowances up to 95 per cent of qualifying capital expenditure, waiver of customs and import duties for plant among others for potential investors.

He also asserted that the federal government had created an enabling environment to stimulate sustained growth through the full exploration and exploitation of the vast mineral resources available in the country.

He said the regulatory framework such as the Nigerian Minerals and Mining Act of 2007 and Mining Regulations were in line with international best practices and had been put in place to ensure security of tenure, greater transparency in granting access, competitive fiscal terms and the encouragement of industry led by the private sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OkaOme: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
[s]
coolitempa:

Abi your head correct so Alakori omo jati jati.....have you not seen my posts on this thread. Anyway, I will not give you the opportunity to infest and derail this thread with your gabbage... angry angry
[/s]
You should have kept quiet like others, you hopelessly hateful bastard from the South West. I would gladly derail this thread in revenge like you do ours but I just want to respect myself. Respect yourself too.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Multi-billion Naira (60bn) Steel Mill Opened At Magboro, Ogun State[/size]

The Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Musa Muhammed Sada, has said that a new era await mining and steel production in the country will soon experience a lift in activities, going by policy input and restructuring being undertaken by the ministry in the two divisions.
According to him, the government is ready to offer necessary support to operating firms in the steel sector, just as mining is being made to benefit all segments involved in the mining process.
The minister stated this when he visited the new integrated steel mill belonging to Western Metal Products Limited, situated at Magboro, Ogun State. Western Metal Products Company Limited on Friday began a test run of its new multi-billion naira integrated steel mill.
The minister said while the government would continue to initiate new policies and schemes to encourage investor participation in mining activities, informal mining sector would continue to be taken care of. Besides, he said plans were in the offing to ensure that Ajaokuta Steel Company, the backbone of steel rolling mills in the country, got required attention in terms of the appointment of the right management.
He said the government made a peculiar mistake in its past efforts to privatise the Ajaokuta Steel Complex by putting emphasis on possession of money as the most important consideration in its choice of management team.
He said, “Past efforts did not achieve the desired results because money was put ahead of other considerations in the selection of management team. In such a process, three things are important: money, requisite management skill and adequate understanding and belief in the environment.
“In past attempts at privatisation, capital was given the most important place. After all the ongoing scuffles over with the immediate past management have been settled, the Federal Government has decided to be careful by emphasising possession of the right management skills and in-depth understanding of the environment and belief in its peculiarity as key conditions for selecting a new management for Ajaokuta Steel Company.”
The minister said his visit to the new WEMPCO integrated steel mill, ahead of the formal inauguration of the new facility, was informed by the importance the government attached to the position of steel in its economic transformation efforts. He said a quick resolution of all the problems associated with the non effective working of Ajaokuta Steel Company would have multiplier effects on the operations of steel rolling mills and other sectors of the economy.
Besides, he said under the new management of Ajaokuta Steel Company, “the government will not step back; it will be involved in a supervisory role.”
The Group Managing Director, WEMPCO, Mr. Lewis Tung, while conducting the minister round the sprawling facility, said steel remained the basic metal-backbone of all industries, just as it happens in advanced countries of the world.
He said the new integrated steel facility had production capacity of 700,000 metric tonnes and a production machinery of five-stand Tandem Mill, which is the first of its kind in Africa.
He described the factory as one set to produce cold roll steel sheet of up to 0.15mm in thickness and coils of the same dimension and above.
Tung listed the facilities at the plant to include a 52-megawatt generator for power supply; a water treatment and recycling plant; an acid generating plant; an air purifier and an annealing line.
He listed the benefits from the steel companies to include a boost in economic activities of the immediate communities, local, state and the country; increase in downstream economic activities, general empowerment and job creation for artisans, like technicians, drivers, auto technicians and fabricators; and training and technology transfer.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Funjosh(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

[size=13pt]Nigeria has 620,000 ounces of gold reserves at Ogun[/size]

Africa's largest populated country Nigeria also claimed to have a large proven gold reserves of 620,000 ounces in its Ogun State.

According to country's Mines Minister, Mohammed Musa Sada, mining company Ratel identified the reserves at Eperindo in the state.

Speaking at the International Conference on Mining here, he announced various incentives by the federal government, ranging from capital allowances up to 95 per cent of qualifying capital expenditure, waiver of customs and import duties for plant among others for potential investors.

He also asserted that the federal government had created an enabling environment to stimulate sustained growth through the full exploration and exploitation of the vast mineral resources available in the country.

He said the regulatory framework such as the Nigerian Minerals and Mining Act of 2007 and Mining Regulations were in line with international best practices and had been put in place to ensure security of tenure, greater transparency in granting access, competitive fiscal terms and the encouragement of industry led by the private sector.

We are fucking rich in Ogun state men cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Oworo people going by what I've read are Yorubas but there seem to be some confusion among them.I don't think they're all in agreement with that belief.Anyways check this out

http://mauricearchibongtravels..ca/2012/07/welcome-to-oworo-land-where-igbo-nupe.html

The blog is owned by an "Archibong" - the only thing I care about is this excerpt:

So, who really; are Oworo people? The chairman of Oworo kingmakers’ society said Oworo are ancestrally Yoruba from Ile-Ife. “We are descendants of Oduduwa”, was his remark.

They're also part of the larger Okun group and they speak Yoruba. So that's enough.

Also, it seems they're the ones who occupy the basin area, no?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Coolitempa and the other character.I take Chukwu Okike abiama beg una.Please don't derail this thread.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by meforyou1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[b]This thread is specifically for any positives coming from Yorubaland, how to move the region forward, the Yoruba diaspora and Yoruba success stories in general so we can discuss.Please lets endeavour to keep up this page.[/b]This bafoon, after using your empty threats, with support of your cowardly brothers, you have renamed the topic, no longer commonwealth of face bruises victims

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:49pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=14pt]Top 40 Investment Highlights in Africa 2012[/size]

WEMPCO Cold Steel Mill
: Western Metal Products Company Limited (WEMPCO) test- ran its new multi-billion naira integrated cold roll steel mill at Magboro, Ogun State, Nigeria. The steel plant is expected to fill in the vacuum that has riddled the Nigerian steel industry after the failure recorded at the Ajaokuta Steel Company.

Oando ConocoPhillips $1.79 Billion deal: Nigeria’s leading indigenous energy group, Oando PLC announced that its affiliate Oando Energy Resources (OER) entered into agreements with ConocoPhillips (COP) to acquire its entire business interests in Nigeria for an estimated cash of $1.79 billion including customary adjustments. Earlier in the year, Oando Plc made a landmark move as it completed its reverse takeover (RTO) of Oando Energy Resources Inc. (OER), previously known as Exile Resources Inc., with the pioneer listing of the company’s shares on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Thus, becoming the only Nigerian company with three trans-border listings – Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and the TSX.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
ProfShymex:

The blog is owned by an "Archibong" - the only thing I care about is this excerpt:

They're also part of the larger Okun group and they speak Yoruba. So that's enough.

Also, it seems they're the ones who occupy the basin area, no?

Loool the name doesn't sound "romani" though so he/she is probably open minded.Most likely from Akwa ibom.

I'm not sure about the emboldened.Yemaldo help us out
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Top 40 startups selected for DEMO Africa 2014[/size]

My people, come see all the Yoruba names full this tech startups grin grin

https://vc4africa.biz/blog/2014/07/10/top-40-startups-selected-demo-africa-2014/

Too many to post. They all deserve individual recognition.

Southwest needs to up it's tech startup support.....from Lagos to Ogun to Oyo.

I'm beginning to fall in love with Ogun state. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by mandarin: 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
ProfShymex:

Prof Mandarin is an expert on Kwara and Kogi Yorubas.

Mandarin, I beg you help us shed more light on this. wink

I just laughed at you Shymmex, I think Kwara Division in that map falls within Yoruba and Ebira areas depending on where you are focusing on. One thing good for the Yoruba and which will continue to attract other groups to them is the attitude of peaceful coexistence. I think the Ebira to the western side of Niger River will move with Yoruba and possibly Igala as well considering their ethnic affinity.

The areas of Lafiagi up to Mokwa are Tapa( supposed branch of Nupe- my maternal great grandmother is from Nupe) were in history Yoruba/Oyo that in a way to avoid war with Tsoede( A Nupe Monarch supposedly birthed by an Igala father?) accepted to be ruled as Nupe, so its a huge possibility that when you are thinking of any Yoruba country( if there will be one) it will most likely encompass virtually all the regions west of the Niger because apart from oil& gas what other interests will Urhobo, Itsekiri ,Edo have? what will be the position of the Bariba, Ebira, Tapa
and Igala; the Yoruba need the former groups as kinsmen from antiquity and the latter for landscape, agriculture and the military apart from the fact that they are closely related.
I beleive the Ebira in Kogi West are at home with Yoruba more than those living in Koton Karfi side, Nasarawa and FCT. It may interest you to know that there are some similaritie with Gbagyi people but I know that Yourba country map may not likely cross over the Niger.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by coolitempa(f): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Coolitempa and the other character.I take Chukwu Okike abiama beg una.Please don't derail this thread.

Mabinu jo....you will nothing more from me to him on this thread..... cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
meforyou1:
This bafoon, after using your empty threats, with support of your cowardly brothers, you have renamed the topic, no longer commonwealth of face bruises victims

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.