Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,592 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:45 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (675845 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Catch them young you know

Head hocncho el presidente de fedeco jnr cheesy grin

These are the kind of heads that give you confidence.You don't need to be told you're in charge grin grin

Bwahahaha

Lil Ednutty with the nutty head. grin

Time to leave the romains alone. grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 11, 2015
Before some sadistic mawffughs start yarnin ch!t about we going off topic

Dongerittwisted,we have fun here,We're jolly people.We can't discuss Yoruba development for 24 hours

We mess around once in a while.Its a family

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Lmaoooo this type of head is what we call juggernaut in local parlance.Ori 1 of Igbo ukwu grin grin cheesy

Funny enough he's a romani.I think I got the picture from twitter
chances are that the dude looks far better than you though.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Before some sadistic mawffughs start yarnin ch!t about we going off topic

Dongerittwisted,we have fun here.We're jolly people.We can't discuss Yoruba development for 24 hours

We mess around once in a while.Its a family

Lool.

That's our little owanbe party. grin

Ilekehd/ibebe, come give us some food - with developments going on in Yorubaland. I've got about 15mins left before I hit the sheets. cool
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:20am On Nov 11, 2015
Qelvin:

chances are that the dude looks far better than you though.

Okay grin cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Lool.

That's our little owanbe party. grin

Ilekehd/ibebe, come give us some food - with developments going on in Yorubaland. I've got about 15mins left before I hit the sheets. cool

grin grin grin cheesy

Meanwhile..

[size=13pt]Ogun Govt. Will Complete Work On All Ongoing Road Projects–Perm. Sec[/size]

The Ogun State Government will complete work on all ongoing road projects across the three senatorial districts before the expiration of the tenure of Gov. Ibikunle Amosun.

Mr Kayode Ademolake, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, gave the promise on Tuesday in Abeokuta when members of the House of Assembly committee on Works and Infrastructure visited him.

He said that the government would commence the construction of new roads that would be of social and economic benefit to the people.

Ademolake said that N1.5 billion out of the N21 billion voted for capital projects in the outgoing year had been released.

He said that the ministry generated N73.9 million between January and August out of the N200 million expected to be generated in 2015.

Responding, the chairman of the committee, Mr Olayiwola Ojodu, urged Ademolake to continue with the good work the ministry was doing.

He also urged him to take the issue of maintenance seriously. (NAN)

http://www.leadership.ng/news/473559/ogun-govt-will-complete-work-on-all-ongoing-road-projects-perm-sec
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

grin grin grin cheesy

Meanwhile..

[size=13pt]Ogun Govt. Will Complete Work On All Ongoing Road Projects–Perm. Sec[/size]

The Ogun State Government will complete work on all ongoing road projects across the three senatorial districts before the expiration of the tenure of Gov. Ibikunle Amosun.

Mr Kayode Ademolake, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, gave the promise on Tuesday in Abeokuta when members of the House of Assembly committee on Works and Infrastructure visited him.

He said that the government would commence the construction of new roads that would be of social and economic benefit to the people.

Ademolake said that N1.5 billion out of the N21 billion voted for capital projects in the outgoing year had been released.

He said that the ministry generated N73.9 million between January and August out of the N200 million expected to be generated in 2015.

Responding, the chairman of the committee, Mr Olayiwola Ojodu, urged Ademolake to continue with the good work the ministry was doing.

He also urged him to take the issue of maintenance seriously. (NAN)

http://www.leadership.ng/news/473559/ogun-govt-will-complete-work-on-all-ongoing-road-projects-perm-sec

Nice.

Since Ogun state is apparently 6x the size of Lagos, have they got a masterplan and proper development structure for the state?

If they have, it will be nice to see their plans going forward, as Lagos expands into the state. So as not to turn the place into a next massive ghetto like Lagos. We can't afford two "Lagos" in one region. We need the green that comes with well planned cities.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:38am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Nice.

Since Ogun state is apparently 6x the size of Lagos, have they got a masterplan and proper development structure for the state?

If they have, it will be nice to see their plans going forward, as Lagos expands into the state. So as not to turn the place into a next massive ghetto like Lagos. We can't afford two "Lagos" in one region. We need the green that comes with well planned cities.

If the right things can be done in the aspect of transportation, Ogun state can be used as a tool to reduce the Lagos population

The future of the state is looking bright but they need to tackle the issue of crime.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

If the right things can be done in the aspect of transportation, Ogun state can be used as a tool to reduce the Lagos population

The future of the state is looking bright but they need to tackle the issue of crime.

Defo.

They just need to manage the population influx effectively and make sure everything is done based on a master-plan. And they have to keep the green - not everywhere is meant to be built up in a city.

Anyway, is crime that rampant there?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Defo.

They just need to manage the popular influx effectively and make sure everything is done based on a master-plan. And they have to keep the green - not everywhere is meant to be built up in a city.

Anyway, is crime that rampant there?

True!

Yeah there is the issue of crime.I think its the south-west state with the highest crime rate
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Okay grin cheesy cheesy grin
lame rebuttal as usual grin grin grin, I'm eager to destroy some y.ariba roach today man, can't have enough of your claw-faced clowns in my hood aleady
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

True!

Yeah there is the issue of crime.I think its the south-west state with the highest crime rate

Loool.

So these nyggahs are more dangerous than Ibadan nyggahs, no? grin

Darn! My mum's peeps right. grin

Effective policing should curb that.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 1:49am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

But what's the Yoruba consciousness among them like in real time?

I know there was a thread on here a few months ago where folks where asked to represent the part of Yorubaland they're from, and the overwhelming majority of folks on that thread were from Kogi. I didn't post on the thread but I was shocked, to be honest.

More yoruba than most parts of the SW.
E.g Son of okun

Prof pius adesanmi
Prof of English and literature.
Carlton university,canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwgaXpzays

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 11, 2015
Qelvin:

lame rebuttal as usual grin grin grin, I'm eager to destroy some y.ariba roach today man, can't have enough of your claw-faced clowns in my hood aleady

All hail the great e-warrior.Please take it easy with us hun.May chukwu okike abiama bless you grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 11, 2015
oduastates:

More yoruba than most parts of the SW

Nice.

Salute to Kogi folks.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:53am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Loool.

So these nyggahs are more dangerous than Ibadan nyggahs, no? grin

Darn! My mum's peeps right. grin

Effective policing should curb that.

We need state police badly in the south-west

Fulani herdsmen,armed robbery, and crime in general can easily be curbed with state police and a lot of folks will be employed as well

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:53am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

All hail the great e-warrior.Please take it easy with us hun.May chukwu okike abiama bless you grin cheesy
Amen cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:55am On Nov 11, 2015
lmao @ you two grin grin grin

Coat of arms. lmaoooooo grin grin grin

Gotta eat some dinner. BRB with my political contribution of the day smiley

@Aare, don't run away o.

@shym3x, come and eat!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 1:56am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

We need state police badly in the south-west

Fulani herdsmen,armed robbery, and crime in general can easily be curbed with state police and a lot of folks will be employed as well
in a country where the army and police force has a preponderance of this same Hausa/Fulani's its like pouring water through a basket...what you should agitate for is a regional type of police force...a yoruba voice should make a difference,since Igbos are more focused on Biafra)Biafra if you may) than anything else at this point
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:57am On Nov 11, 2015
oduastates:

More yoruba than most parts of the SW

Kogi state?

I met this dude named "tosyn" from Kogi. I was like "isn't it TOSIN"?

Yoruba - Tosin

Kogi - Tosyn

Itsekiri - Tosen
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 1:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Qelvin:

in a country where the army and police force has a preponderance of this same Hausa/Fulani's its like pouring water through a basket...what you should agitate for is a regional type of police force...a yoruba voice should make a difference,since Igbos are more focused on Biafra)Biafra if you may) than anything else at this point

Don't assume that Yorubaland will stay with Nigeria. I doubt the MB would want to stay with the North either. Unfortunately, even if they separate, they're too close to Fulani invasion.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Qelvin:

in a country where the army and police force has a preponderance of this same Hausa/Fulani's its like pouring water through a basket...what you should agitate for is a regional type of police force

Its still the same thing.In a state police force, do you expect us to post a fulani policeman to areas being terrorized by fulani herdsmen?And there will always be sabos in every police force by the way,so don't sweat it
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Qelvin(m): 2:06am On Nov 11, 2015
Ibebe:

Don't assume that Yorubaland will stay with Nigeria. I doubt the MB would want to stay with the North either. Unfortunately, even if they separate, they're too close to Fulani invasion.
true,I personally think Yorubas are the only viable counter balance to the Hausa'Fulani subtle oligarchy...why do you think their leaders sought the alliance of the yorubas under the APC umbrella for their son to be president? cause they know and acknowledge the political strength and sophistry of your people...which others might interpret as yorubas playing second fiddle,but smarter yorubas(especially the younger generation) should see this as an opportunity to stage an upset when the frail and almost retiring Buhari approaches the tail of his tenure! we Igbos(yeebos if you may) are too discordant and overtly emotional than logical when it comes to politics in Nigeria,that is why we always loose out in the balance of power equation..maybe this Biafra awakening will bring us back together for good and leave you guys alone! in all I give it to you yorubas when it comes to unity sha..una try for that one,but stop kissing the fulani gluteus maximus, cause you are the only light and power of a flailing Nigeria not them...Igbos lost interest decades ago.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 11, 2015
I am curious Aareonakakanfo on dt fb...how u find out dt? undecided...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 2:13am On Nov 11, 2015
Qelvin:

true,I personally think Yorubas are the only viable counter balance to the Hausa'Fulani subtle oligarchy...why do you think their leaders sought the alliance of the yorubas under the APC umbrella for their son to be president? cause they know and acknowledge the political strength and sophistry of your people...which others might interpret as yorubas playing second fiddle,but smarter yorubas(especially the younger generation) should see this as an opportunity to stage an upset when the frail and almost retiring Buhari approaches the tail of his tenure! we Igbos(yeebos if you may) are too discordant and overtly emotional than logical when it comes to politics in Nigeria,that is why we always loose out in the balance of power equation..maybe this Biafra awakening will bring us back together for good and leave you guys alone! in all I give it to you yorubas when it comes to unity sha..una try for that one,but stop kissing the fulani gluteus maximus, cause you are the only light and power of a flailing Nigeria not them...Igbos lost interest decades ago.

Great.

Time to post some IT startup companies in the SW.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2015
quimicababes:
I am curious Aareonakakanfo on dt fb...how u find out dt? undecided...

Its common sense. grin grin cheesy and I saw the trick you just used

Awww you can't get any info about me so don't stress tongue grin cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 11, 2015
[size=13pt]Rewarding hardwork: Ondo Govt presents Car, Cash Gifts to Outstanding Students[/size]

The ondo state Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko has displayed his love for excellent performance as he announced a donation of a brand new Car to the State Indigene that had overall best results from Russia University, Dr Oladotun Victor Olalusi and other cash Awards for other students and pupils who made the state proud in national and international competitions.

Mimiko announced these at the Celebration of Excellence organized by The State Government to honour indigenes of the state who had made the state proud.

The elaborate ceremony held at the Ondo State Cultural Center, Alagbaka with many dignitaries including The wife of the Governor, Mrs Olukemi Mimiko, Deputy Governor, Alhaji Abdulazeez Oluboyo and his wife, Fatima.

Others are members of the Ondo State Executive, Traditional rulers led by their State Chairman and Osemawe of Ondo Kingdom, Oba Victor Kiladejo, top government functionaries amongst others..

Other cash Award from the Governor are :N250,000 to the best Primary School Teacher in Nigeria, Mr Taiwo Alade, N200,000 for the second best teacher in Nigeria, Mr Olawale Olajide Ezekiel,

Others are:N100, 000 for 2015 first position of Cowbell Mathematics Competition in Nigeria, Mr Akinkuowo Ayodeji Femi, N75,000 for second best position, Adewale-Fasoro Titilayo, N100, 000 for the First position of 2015 NTA/ETV children Science and technology Expo Abuja, Mr Arife Jamiu, N100, 000 for the first position Art in Nigeria, Adetunji Boluwatife amongst others..

Dr Oladotun Victor Olalusi an Akure born made a First Class and overall best result of CGP of Five Points from the department of Medicine at the University of Moscow, Russia in June, 2013.

He said the gesture is to recognize and encourage the Awardees and others to move to a greater height as he vowed to continue to invest heavily in Education added that education remain his first priority.

Mimiko who described Dr Oladotun as a first class product in all ramifications and converted all challenges to opportunities in far away Russia, enjoined the Awardees and others to always strive to do better in all their endeavors..

He submitted that with the present crop of the best brain from Ondo State and the rest that the future of Nigeria is brighter and that he had rendered a sacrificial service to the people of Ondo State as Governor in the last Six years.

Governor mimiko thanked the commissioner for education for the programme and promised that it would continue to be an event to encourage ondo state students to go for exellence in their endeavors.

He said his administration would continue to invest in education particularly by democratizing access to it to bridge the gap between the rich and the downtrodden.

The Governor who enjoined the students and pupils not to shy away from politics said politics is a means of acquiring power for the betterment of lives of people.I

Wife of the Ondo State Governor Mrs Olukemi Mimiko who is the Guest Speaker at occasion enjoined parents to see their roles to their children as sacred duty to mold and better their lives.

She stressed the importance of good education noting that,it is what they gathered over the years that will make them excelled and distinguished them among their pears.

Special Guest of honour Prof Oladipupo Adamolekun stressed that,recognizing excellence fire ambition and aspiration of the young and urged government at all levels to key into the Ondo State example for recognising exellence. .

Welcoming the large dignitaries to the occasion Ondo State Commissioner for Education, Jide Adejuyigbe who thanked the awardees for making the state proud said the award which is the first of its kind is to encourage students to excel noted that the ceremony would continue to be an annual event.

The guest of honour, Dr Oladotun Victor Olalusi the best Medical Student from Russia University and awardees of many national laurels said young people must take hard work seriously and lauded the initiative of the mimiko led administration as second to none in Nigeria.

http://www.ondoevents.com/rewarding-hardwork-ondo-govt-presents-car-cash-gifts-to-outstanding-students/

Ondo state won the Cowbellpedia mathematics competition by the way
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 2:18am On Nov 11, 2015
[size=14pt]IntegratedMedics
[/size]

Founder: Oladapo Gbenle

Medical Information Management System, otherwise called Medics, is a web based application package to computerize any large scale hospital, while putting into consideration the complexities involved in the medical industry. There are different versions of Medics available to suite the operations of hospital management, whether private or public, a simple clinic or a large and complex hospital or teaching hospital. These versions include Medics (Ordinary and Business Edition), integrated Medics (Ordinary and Business Edition), and Ultimate Medics.

Generally there are plenty of exhaustive modules available in Medics but the key features are as follows:

• User friendly web based user interface
• Healthcare specific terminologies
• Easy navigation among different transactional forms
• Instant information of enrollee details
• Loosely integrated
• Scalability
• Maintainability
• Security
• Audit trial facility
• Cost effective
• Easy to deploy
• Graphical presentation of the data for MIS purposes
• Addresses all major functional areas of a hospital
• Platform and back end (database) independent
• High data security and easy recovery in case of a system failure
• Multiple Store Accounting.
• Interface with the barcode.
• Interface with various laboratory equipment for data capturing
• Single interface view to locate major data details in each modules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfd0oWCUqY4

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Its common sense. grin grin cheesy and I saw the trick you just used

Awww you can't get any info about me so don't stress tongue grin cheesy

You overrate me jah.I not looking for any info on anybody on this forum...just curious as to how u know..dts all. smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 2:21am On Nov 11, 2015
[size=14pt]IroFit
[/size]

Founder: Omoniyi A. Olawale

We build the ONLY mobile card payment system that allows merchants accept card payments without an internet connection. Our revolutionary technology makes real-time processing of card payments possible in many areas of Africa where Internet connection is poor or absent. With a mobile device and a card reader, they can accept card payments, and get access to other tools such as sales history, analytics, inventory management, CRM, loyalty management, payroll support. Thus, our clients can increase business sales, retain/grow customer base, and better engage their customers.

African economies are growing at a phenomenal rate, and standard of living is on the rise. There is a strong emergence of the middle class with sophisticated tastes and buying habits. The result is an unprecedented explosion in commerce. Africans customers deserve the opportunity to buy with their ATM/credit/debit cards everywhere, every time without being limited by the unreliable Internet coverage and service. IroFit helps them enjoy that right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ACwWGnzqw

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 11, 2015
Speaking of Ondo state, Iya Agba,mimiko is as clueless as his predecessor, Agagu.

The timber industry in Ondo state is pure bullch!t, he hasn't done much to revive it.

Ondo state has some of the finest woods in Nigeria

On a good day you'll expect it to be the most prosperous state besides Lagos in the South-west due to the fact that its the hub of Cocoa farming in Nigeria which is one of our highest non-oil export

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.