Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,516 members, 7,854,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (676072 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
I have been going through thus thread and I can see that the Yorubas are blessed. as in stinkingly blessed so much that am forced to ask if our leaders know about all these mineral resources being mentioned here. and if they don't know, maybe there can be a way we can communicate these things to them. I mean it's really embarrassing to have all these and still be suffering.

ps- I looked for this thread for over 30 minutes earlier in the day but couldn't find it. I tort it had been deleted only for me to find it again this night. I Wonder what happened?

One igbo mode moved it after he kwenshed with jelosi, one good fulani mode moved it back for us.

Yes o my brother, we're blessed.

That's why we need to let this biafrans continue with their agitation so that Nigeria can divide. I don tire. How can the SW region be so blessed yet still underdeveloped?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 10, 2015
sanmibukunmi:
I have been going through thus thread and I can see that the Yorubas are blessed. as in stinkingly blessed so much that am forced to ask if our leaders know about all these mineral resources being mentioned here. and if they don't know, maybe there can be a way we can communicate these things to them. I mean it's really embarrassing to have all these and still be suffering.

ps- I looked for this thread for over 30 minutes earlier in the day but couldn't find it. I tort it had been deleted only for me to find it again this night. I Wonder what happened?

My brother there's a llllot honestly,a lot of Yorubas are not just aware.If someone had told me 4 years ago that there are gemstones in the south-west, I would have sued him for telling lies grin cheesy .Our leaders know these things, they're just lazy

As for the thread,It depends on the gadget.If you're using a bigger phone, then the first page should be longer.Its easier to find on PC because 1 page on PC is probably 2 pages on phone
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
mandarin:

Amusing am here.
I strongly believe we can't be blaming colonialist and errors of the far flung years but I must admit that Nigeria started on a tripod but the merger of these and subsequent six geopolitical divisions and thirty six states did not reflect the tripod arrangements of old
Admittedly, we must reckon that political leaders have failed in most cases but today here we are in Nigeria still facing mundane challenges as portable water, roads and electricity, the world has left us behind.
The Yoruba country may be rated above some other regions but the truth be told, in its beauty and glory, its still a long way to go.
What are the immediate approach to recovery
1. Building synergy and leveraging on its natural advantages: it all starts with establishing a proactive and response governance. Using its political and economic structures as launch pad, she needs to immediately identify existing gaps in basic economic levels of agriculture especially in grains productions, animal farms and vegetables.Another gap is what I called the intermediate industrial wares must be focused on which can absorb products from the first tier and produce for bigger consumers such as machine&tools, spared parts etc then the Yoruba country can grow from there.
2. Use Lagos as launch pad for growth: Allow Lagos to continue to grow into a cosmopolitan services city, allow it to spill to Ogun, connect it by fast train to Ibadan, open up new ports at Ondo and service it with industrial and energy city there.
3. Welcome all investors with open arms: even if they say they owe your economy, like the English, make Yoruba country the English idea
4.Provide good infrastructures: More than ever, the Yoruba need to to invest in infrastructures especially power leveraging on the current alliance with government in power, work on water supplies, roads, and energy sustainability.
So for Biafra
I've kept myself out of this talk but for the sake of those who are here to learn I will lend my voice. The current agitators of Biafra incidentally will gain the least from it. Any evolution of a Biafra country will almost immediately brings Nigeria to an end. I know that Niger Deltans and Yoruba are watching with keen interests but the best outcome could be true federalism or regionalism(I crave this profoundly) but Igbos would have lost something of value, investments.
Two key areas will explode in event of any disintegrated Nigeria; the Niger Delta which will be war over oil and gas and, the middle Belt, over boundary with core north and claims over Abuja.Let me stop here

My brother (sister?),

If Lagos can grow to its standard, colonialism is no longer our core problem. We shouldn't even entertain the thought.
We need leaders with vision and we need visionaries with the right approach.

I support many of your key points. We've [over] discussed them in previous pages.

Yorubas, as a country, can stand on its own.

This Biafra issue is not our fight. We shouldn't fight their fight, nor should we hinder them. This country is not worth it, to others, it's profitable as a divided entity.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
Iya Agba you know this your Ibebe moniker is quite difficult to detect.Even the romanis won't know its you.They're used to the Ileke varieties cheesy grin

What do you think about the new thread title?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Iya Agba you know this your Ibebe moniker is quite difficult to detect.Even the romanis won't know its you.They're used to the Ileke varieties cheesy grin

What do you think about the new thread title?

They'll figure it out soon enough grin

Shebi, you recognized me.

I love it. With politics in it, some funny mischievous jelosi characters will kwench on it.

Dude, igba wo lo ma n sun? You be aje? I've been meaning to ask. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ibebe:

They'll figure it out soon enough grin

Shebi, you recognized me.

I love it. With politics in it, some funny mischievous jelosi characters will kwench on it.

Dude, igba wo lo ma n sun? You be aje? I've been meaning to ask. grin

But that's because I'm familiar with you and common sense should tell me there's some relationship between Ibebe and Ileke

As per sleep, I go gist you later tongue

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aare,

se e ti ri tiredi yi?

https://www.nairaland.com/2727884/senator-dino-melayes-acquires-new

Oru nkan ti a n so ni.

This guy will be cut down to size soon.

Is Dino even Yoruba?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ibebe:
Aare,

se e ti ri tiredi yi?

https://www.nairaland.com/2727884/senator-dino-melayes-acquires-new

Oru nkan ti a n so ni.

This guy will be cut down to size soon.

Is Dino even Yoruba?

That character is a symbol of stvpidity.No be today na abi you just dey know?

This country sef.I'm ttired mehn

He's Yoruba,okun to be precise.I see Okun people cheering him all the time on their facebook groups
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

But that's because I'm familiar with you and common sense should tell me there's some relationship between Ibebe and Ileke

As per sleep, I go gist you later tongue

Later later later. na im we don hear. Later turns to "mind your business". grin

Aareonakakanfo:

He's Yoruba,okun to be precise.I see Okun people cheering him all the time on their facebook groups

when you said "cheering him on", did you mean "insulting him verbally"?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ibebe:

Later later later. na im we don hear. Later turns to "mind your business". grin

when you said "cheering him on", did you mean "insulting him verbally"?

Looool na you sabi grin

The guy is their most eloquent/famous politician.He's most likely the most famous character in Okunland

Cheering him as in they praise him.Oo gbo geesi ni? grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Looool na you sabi grin

The guy is their most eloquent/famous politician.He's most likely the most famous character in Okunland

Cheering him as in they praise him.Oo gbo geesi ni? grin

Just hoping that you're wrong.

Fayose may be an ediot, but he doesn't spend so foolishly like that.

Give a black man money and he'll do anything to get more. Money is the root of all black man's evil.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Hahaha Profshymex I used to see the verbal sweet chin music you perform on them grin cheesy so I'm not surprised.Have some mercy. Yeah its possible I came in at the right time.I'll soon change the thread title

Egbon mi 9jacrip na soo.I actually wanted to do the Illumination today but MayorofLagos advised me to take it easy

Looool.

Don't blame me. I just stumbled on the forum during my annual Xmas scholarship. Studied a few threads for like a month or so, and decided to register. Then boom, the first week I registered, cos I must've told a poster that my parents are Yoruba and I had Epe as my pops' hometown on my siggy or text then - those mofos just started attacking me lool.

They never knew they were dealing with a psycho with a slick mouth and no pause/chill. I had to fall back for a few months. Then I just said muthaphuck these loafers and I started taking their heads off looool.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 11, 2015
Ibebe:

My brother (sister?),

If Lagos can grow to its standard, colonialism is no longer our core problem. We shouldn't even entertain the thought.
We need leaders with vision and we need visionaries with the right approach.

I support many of your key points. We've [over] discussed them in previous pages.

Yorubas, as a country, can stand on its own.

This Biafra issue is not our fight. We shouldn't fight their fight, nor should we hinder them. This country is not worth it, to others, it's profitable as a divided entity.

No shared destiny - it is all man for himself.

Tell 'em like Soulja boy lool.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 12:09am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Looool.

Don't blame me. I just stumbled on the forum during my annual Xmas scholarship. Studied a few threads for like a month or so, and decided to register. Then boom, the first week I registered, cos I must've told a poster that my parents are Yoruba and I had Epe as my pops' hometown on my siggy or text then - those mofos just started attacking me lool.

They never knew they were dealing with a psycho with a slick mouth and no pause/chill. I had to fall back for a few months. Then I just said muthaphuck these loafers and I started taking their heads off looool.

Dude, I remembered our numerous fights grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 12:29am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:
The spambot just banned me.

This is the map of Kogi. I know Igbirras aren't Yorubas, but are the people in the Kwara division, Yorubas? There's a confluence there and a basin.

Sorry, got in here late. From Ilorin downwards to the old Kabba province, the Yagba, Igbomina, the Bunu, Ibolo, Ijumu are all Yorubas.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 11, 2015
Ibebe:

Dude, I remembered our numerous fights grin grin grin

Loool.

That was the kiriji war of NL.

Darn! I lost my "shymmex" handle to that war and got banned for 100 years. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by basilo101: 12:31am On Nov 11, 2015
hahah, just saw this last page alone and nothing but discussing others instead of yourselves. There is nothing like yoruba commonwealth, your states are perishing but u want to use no man's land to save face in the name of commonwealth. Lol, lets have some fun

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 11, 2015
laudate:

Sorry, got in here late. From Ilorin downwards to the old Kabba province, the Yagba, Igbomina, the Bunu, Ibolo, Ijumu are all Yorubas.

But what's the Yoruba consciousness among them like in real time?

I know there was a thread on here a few months ago where folks where asked to represent the part of Yorubaland they're from, and the overwhelming majority of folks on that thread were from Kogi. I didn't post on the thread but I was shocked, to be honest.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 11, 2015
We were jejeli on our own oo, trailer now coman jam us

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

But what's the Yoruba consciousness among them like in real time?

I know there was a thread on here a few months ago where folks where asked to represent the part of Yorubaland they're from, and the overwhelming majority of folks on that thread were from Kogi. I didn't post on the thread but I was shocked, to be honest.

I can testify to this because I see some of them on facebook.They wear the Yoruba identity with so much pride
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The few Okun people cheering him are his lackeys. undecided The real intelligentsia among the Okun, and those who reside there detest him like no man's business.

The problem is that both Dino & Smart have represented their people poorly over the years. Unfortunately, those who can contest the elections with them, either lack the support of the godfathers of their respective parties, or do not have enough cash to throw around like Dino. sad

You need to hear my Okun neighbours lamenting about Dion and his wasteful, self-centred, unproductive ways. My neighbour calls Dino an "Oju o rolari, ti npe omo re ni Olaniyonu." Hope I got that right.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2015
I can see mawffughs coming in here to cosign their fellow monkeys

Can you mawffughs please stop viewing the thread?The thread is not about bi-ass-fra

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 12:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

lmaooooooo warrafcuk is this? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 12:49am On Nov 11, 2015
Every time I read this thread, I'm always laughing or got s stupid smile on my face. My friends keep asking me if I'm okay.

You guys won't kill me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 11, 2015
laudate:

The few Okun people cheering him are his lackeys. undecided The real intelligentsia among the Okun, and those who reside there detest him like no man's business.

The problem is that both Dino & Smart have represented their people poorly over the years. Unfortunately, those who can contest the elections with them, either lack the support of the godfathers of their respective parties, or do not have enough cash to throw around like Dino. sad

You need to hear my Okun neighbours lamenting about Dion and his wasteful, self-centred, unproductive ways. My neighbour calls Dino an "Oju o rolari, ti npe omo re ni Olaniyonu." Hope I got that right.. cheesy

Interesting.I find it funny too that how will sane people be cheering a thief

That's the problem with Nigeria, we complain all the time but keep supporting people who are making life difficult for us

The money he used in buying those cars can feed hundreds of families for a month

And yeah the emboldened is correct wink

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by ERAKAMUS: 12:52am On Nov 11, 2015
...SO, THIS IS WHAT THIS DUDES HAVE FINALLY BEEN REDUCED TOO, AFTER THE WEIRD SAI BABA CHANTS, NOT UP TO SIX (6) MONTHS THEY'VE ACCEPTED THEIR FATES

""WHAT A PITY""

TINUBU IS REALLY A B@STARD.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3060988_lmao_jpega83c7f5e7be536a8cdfd8552a8a995ba

bwahahahahaha

This muthaphucka needs head transplant and surgery at the same time. That's a head monster right there...the type to head that will hit the wall and make it fall like the walls of Jericho.

I've seen some romanis with that type of head. Shyte that makes you wonder if they pound their heads as kids and shyte, to give them big permanent bumps while the back stays perpetually flat. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

bwahahahahaha

This muthaphucka needs head transplant and surgery at the same time. That's a head monster right there...the type to head that will hit the wall and make it fall like the walls of Jericho.

I've seen some romanis with that type of head. Shyte that makes you wonder if they pound their heads as kids and shyte, to give them big permanent bumps while the back stays perpetually flat. grin

Lmaoooo this type of head is what we call juggernaut in local parlance.Ori 1 of Igbo ukwu grin grin cheesy

Funny enough he's a romani.I think I got the picture from twitter

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Lmaoooo this type of head is what we call juggernaut in local parlance.Ori 1 of Igbo ukwu grin grin cheesy

Funny enough he's a romani.I think I got the picture from twitter

Bwahahahaha

Head honcho el presidente the head bandit. grin

This nyggah needs to hide his head...even aliens would run at the sight of this head banger. Eddie the headmaster. grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Bwahahahaha

Head honcho el presidente the head bandit. grin

This nyggah needs to hide his head...even aliens would run at the sight of this head banger. Eddie the headmaster. grin grin grin

Lmaoooo @ Head honcho el presidente

The head looks like Nigerian coat of arms.You're free to draw the map yourself grin grin cheesy cheesy

Puzzles are good for the brain cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 11, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Lmaoooo @ Head honcho el presidente

The head looks like Nigerian coat of arms.You're free to draw the map yourself grin grin cheesy cheesy

Puzzles are good for the brain cheesy cheesy grin

Bwahahahaha

I just pity any woman that decides to have a baby with that guy. grin

The mini head honcho he'll sire won't be able to come out of his mum with the type of head he'll inherit from the dad. Lil man would've to kick his way out of his mum's womb like Bruce Lee. grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Bwahahahaha

I just pity any woman that decides to have a baby with that guy. grin

The mini head honcho he'll sire won't be able to come out of his mum with the type of head he'll inherit from the dad. Lil man would've to kick his way out of his mum's womb like Bruce Lee. grin

Catch them young you know

Head honcho el presidente de fedeco jnr cheesy grin

These are the kind of heads that give you confidence.You don't need to be told you're in charge grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.