Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (669886 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
I support this man on this :
[size=24]Fayose hails Fayemi's appointment as solid minerals minister, task him on Ekiti[/size]

Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has
congratulated former Governor of the State, Dr
Kayode Fayemi over his appointment as Minister
of Solid Minister, urging him to use his position
for the commercial exploitation of the abundant
solid mineral resources in the State.
The governor said in a statement issued in Ado-
Ekiti by his Special Assistant on Public
Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka,
that President Mohammadu Buhari must have
considered the need for commercial exploitation of
the solid minerals spread across towns and
villages in Ekiti State before arriving at the choice
of Fayemi as Solid Minerals Minister.
He said; “Ekiti has solid minerals like clay kaolin,
cassiterite, tin ore, columbite, bauxite (Alluminium
Ore), foundry sand and charconite granite.
“Even in Isan-Ekiti, Fayemi’s hometown, there is
clay kaolin that can be used for abrasive, plastics,
ceramics ware, pharmaceuticals, textiles,
fertilizers, white tiles and insulator wares pencils.
“Now that the Federal Government is talking
about diversification of the economy, Fayemi
should use his position to assist Ekiti State in
harnessing its solid mineral resources for the
economic benefit of the State and Nigeria.
“I therefore congratulate Fayemi for this
appointment and thank President Buhari for the
appointment.
“It is my prayers that God, in His infinite mercies
will grant him (Fayemi) the wisdom and strength
to use the new position for the betterment of Ekiti
State in particular and Nigeria in general,” the
governor said.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin. mission accomplished cool I have been posting news since for the thread to enter 200th page.
congratulations everyone. wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by mightyhaze: 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mightyhaze was here! Congrats 2 all ma yoruba peeps on dis wonderful thread. 200 pages aint no mean feat! Nwa afo! cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

Woah nice picture!!
we're getting there.
Se iwo lo ya aworan yii?

rara o. Oshogbo ni
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

I sent him to the market. I needed some meat and peppers. grin

wtf shocked
baba agbalagba.

se Mo ti de ni
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

I sent him to the market. I needed some meat and peppers. grin

wtf shocked
baba agbalagba.

se Mo ti de ni

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:

wtf shocked

baba agbalagba.

se Mo ti de ni

So agbalagba o ni jeun abi?

Sebi ko kan bami ra atarodo lasn ni.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
This is osogbo......

The adoptation of road markings

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osogbo roads

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osogbo

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osun at Night

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

The whites must never be absolved of their involvement in Africa and in the black history. And blacks must take responsibility for their lack of development or lack of attempt to rise from the ashes.

You can't talk of history and then neglect some of its milestones.

As per African history/Africans...... no excuse. Are you telling me there's no african (i.e Nigerian ) history in Africa's curriculums?

Obviously, we can't absolve white for the role they played and are still playing. However, what about the things we are guilty of individually and collectively? Things no one is stopping us from doing?

Is the white man responsible for folks who don't know who they're but spend most of their time trying to find out about who the white man is and are supporting the white man willingly to their own collective detriment?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Obviously, we can't absolve white for the role they played and are still playing. However, what about the things we are guilty of individually and collectively? Things no one is stopping us from doing?

Is the white man responsible for folks who don't know who they're but spend most of their time trying to find out about who the white man is and are supporting the white man willingly to their own collective detriment?

@the bolded

My previous post mention that blacks must responsibility for their backwardness too.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osun - Roads between small towns

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osun state

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Congrats everyone.

We are on 200th page of this wonderful thread.

I'm glad to be amongst the progressives(not APC ooooo) that made it happen.

Halleluyah. Things shall change for good. I believe.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Did you guys see the sustainability index of SW,on a topic that made FP.If those stats are true,which i blive,then thats shameful.SW govs need to cut down the civil service workforce.While their IGR is ok,they are spending TOO MUCH!! on recurrent expenditure.If they continue this way we'll run bankrupt.

#ThoseStatsHaveSpoiltMyMood.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:
Osun state

Aregbesola has really done well except for his inability to pay salaries. He needs to find remedy to that part
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
jstbeinhonest:
Did you guys see the sustainability index of SW,on a topic that made FP.If those stats are true,which i blive,then thats shameful.SW govs need to cut down the civil service workforce.While their IGR is ok,they are spending TOO MUCH!! on recurrent expenditure.If they continue this way we'll run bankrupt.

The stats was created by an igbo bigot. Even if the stats are false, I wouldn't even bother rebutting it because SW governors (and I'm sure many of them are on NL) need to wake up.

They take out so much loans and yet nothing to show for it in terms of infrastructure.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

@the bolded

My previous post mention that blacks must responsibility for their backwardness too.

Cool.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osun state

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x:

Cool.

jstbeinhonest:

Shym3x, what's your opinion on this?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osun

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Lol.

That is why I don't get involved in the useless APC and PDP nonsense cos those fvckers are birds of a feather - utter useless folks.

All those governors mismanaged and destroyed Yoruba states. Like seriously, who is going to pay all the debts?

The Igbo ones, despite being useless and not erecting anything in that gully erosion land, they still managed to stay away from debts.

What is in Osun, Ogun, Oyo, and Ekiti to show for the huge debt profiles? Even Lagos as well? They are just useless.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2015
veraponpo:

Aregbesola has really done well except for his inability to pay salaries. He needs to find remedy to that part

How much loans did Aregbesola collect to make these small development?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
Osun

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by DollyParton1(f): 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
Shymm3x, Ibebe
When I wrote WAEC, you must register for a Nigerian language. It is left for you to go write the exam or skip, but you must register and it must reflect on your WAEC certificate
Now, Nigerian language is optional and being replaced with Civics Education or something of sort.

And there goes the teaching of Yoruba language and some bits of Yoruba history. If the language is not even compulsory, how can one introduce the history of Yoruba into the curriculum.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
DollyParton1:
Shymm3x, Ibebe
When I wrote WAEC, you must register for a Nigerian language. It is left for you to go write the exam or skip, but you must register and it must reflect on your WAEC certificate
Now, Nigerian language is optional and being replaced with Civics Education or something of sort.

And there goes the teaching of Yoruba language and some bits of Yoruba history. If the language is not even compulsory, how can one introduce the history of Yoruba into the curriculum.

And there goes Yoruba culture.

One Nigeria is doing harm to individual cultures. Which is expected of a nation with 250+ ethnicities. How can Nigeria manage to take all group into consideration?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ibebe: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ogun state

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ibebe:

The stats was created by an igbo bigot. Even if the stats are false, I wouldn't even bother rebutting it because SW governors (and I'm sure many of them are on NL) need to wake up.

They take out so much loans and yet nothing to show for it in terms of infrastructure.

Those stats are true and the guy behind it is Yoruba.BudgIT did that report...its basically the same data I posted earlier on in this thread.Truth is SW Governors are plunging their states into huge debts.Look recently Ondo got approved to take out a N7 billion loan.When you read the entire report...SW states are really badly off in terms of fiscal management compared to other regions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.