Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,025 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (676024 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sidney Sam

Sidney Sam (born 31 January 1988) is a German professional footballer who plays as a forward or winger for Schalke 04. Sam is known for his explosive speed and dribbling style.

Born to a German mother and Nigerian father, Sam would have been eligible to play for the Nigeria national team, but decided early on to represent his country of birth. Sam was a German youth national player, starring in Germany's under-19 and under-20 teams. On 29 May 2013, Sam made his senior international debut for Germany in a friendly game against Ecuador in Boca Raton, Florida. On 8 May 2014, Sam was named to the 30-man provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup by German national team manager, Joachim Löw.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 6:14pm On Oct 24, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
Dennis Aogo

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dennis+Aogo+FC+Schalke+04+Training+Session+1a-oqzhBymel.jpg[/img]

Dennis Aogo ( born 14 January 1987) is a German professional footballer who plays as a left back and left wing-back or midfielder for Schalke 04. Born to a German mother and a Nigerian father, Aogo grew up in Oberreut, a suburb in the south-west of Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg. In 2000, when his parents split up, he moved with his father to Bruchsal and left Karlsruher SC to join Waldhof Mannheim. In 2002, aged 15, he joined SC Freiburg and attended their youth academy while graduating with Mittlere Reife at Max-Weber-Schule in Freiburg.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2015
Still on ogun

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Still. O ugun matter

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2015
Those are the ones I know, unless you want me to post the over 50 Yoruba teenagers playing for the different academies of EPL teams.

Err...I'll post Ola Aina, Odubajo, and a next guy playing for Man City. They're decent prospects.

Missy89, post a few females...What's the name of that volleyball player I posted a few weeks ago? Can't remember her name now - the one with the extremely beautiful face. tongue

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

There are lots of yoruba kids with talents but what i've observed is the flateenos have a way of travelling out of the country,i have no idea how they do it.Back home as at 2007, I had some guys i use to play soccer with, there were both yorubas and flateenos who were good among them.3 of those flateenos are playing in europe now,I even know one who is in ukraine.The yoruba ones are still in Naija
I have witnessed this scenario over and over again

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ola Aina

[img]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Ola+Aina+p_zxyFoaU_Vm.jpg[/img]

Olaoluwa Aina was born in London, on Oct 8, 1996. He plays for Chelsea FC.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
IyaIode most of those sport stars didn't start in Naija,they grew up outside the country.Its hard for the Yoruba youths in Nigeria to go international.Even the idea that we dominate basketball is a hoax,this is Nigeria's basketball team

This is interesting.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
SirShymexx:
Dennis Aogo

[img]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Dennis+Aogo+FC+Schalke+04+Training+Session+1a-oqzhBymel.jpg[/img]

Dennis Aogo ( born 14 January 1987) is a German professional footballer who plays as a left back and left wing-back or midfielder for Schalke 04. Born to a German mother and a Nigerian father, Aogo grew up in Oberreut, a suburb in the south-west of Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg. In 2000, when his parents split up, he moved with his father to Bruchsal and left Karlsruher SC to join Waldhof Mannheim. In 2002, aged 15, he joined SC Freiburg and attended their youth academy while graduating with Mittlere Reife at Max-Weber-Schule in Freiburg.
aogo sounds like a ghanian name
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
Moses Odubajo

Moses Adeshina Ayoola Junior Odubajo (born 28 July 1993) is an English professional footballer who plays as a right winger or right back for Championship club Hull City. He has also represented England at U20 level. Odubajo is a product of the Leyton Orient youth system.

Born in Greenwich, London, Odubajo began his career at age 14 with local team Millwall, spending time with the club on trial, before leaving football behind following the death of his mother. He returned to Millwall following a break from the game, but failed to win a scholarship deal. Odubajo was recommend by the Lions to Leyton Orient and went on trial with the club, playing youth team matches. He was offered a scholarship by youth team manager Wayne Burnett, though the manager later changed his mind about the deal. Burnett left Orient in the summer of 2009 and Odubajo returned to the club, impressing new youth team manager Andy Edwards and finally winning a scholarship deal. He appeared for the youth team during the 2009–10 season, helping the team into the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup. Odubajo received his first call up to the senior squad for a League One match versus Notts County on 18 September 2010.[4] Awarded the number 26 shirt, he remained on the bench for the 3–2 defeat and was an unused substitute on another nine occasions during the 2010–11 season. Odubajo scored three goals in 23 appearances for the Orient youth team during the 2010–11 season and signed a one-year professional contract with the club on 29 April 2011.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Nice One! the thread is still kicking. thumbs up to everyone who has posted here.

[b]But tech is the new thing man.Forget about all those Yoruba adage,that was during their time,things have changed.Going back to trading is like we rewinding ourselves to 19th century.The time will come when all these 2x2 shops won't be profitable anymore.I love the fact that Yorubas have cornered the tech sector and that's the way to go.Everything is being bought online these days and even spareparts grin[/b]I understand your drift.How many people are ICT literate?A million people cannot do online biz, not in this present Nigeria anyway, but a couple of millions can go into trading...an illiterate and lazy man avenue to make it in life.Hardship and the civil war pushed our eastern brothers and the Kwarans(hardship) into trade which does not need much expertise and intelligence...and these people own a chunk of landed properties in Lagos.Yorubas hate to copy.but we should remember Iyalode o...lol

Maaaaaaan i've been to Osun state several times except i visited another Osun. Yeah it might have a good road network i.e the way the roads link with one another but it doesn't have the "best roads"..Just to add, Osogbo is the best city in Nigeria in terms of electricity supply.I don't know why, the light hardly goes off

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by bugzbunny: 6:26pm On Oct 24, 2015
IyaIode:

I have witnessed this scenario over and over again
Scratch façed fools. Will keep witnessing it cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
[url][/url]
SirShymexx:
Sidney Sam

Sidney Sam (born 31 January 1988) is a German professional footballer who plays as a forward or winger for Schalke 04. Sam is known for his explosive speed and dribbling style.

Born to a German mother and Nigerian father, Sam would have been eligible to play for the Nigeria national team, but decided early on to represent his country of birth. Sam was a German youth national player, starring in Germany's under-19 and under-20 teams. On 29 May 2013, Sam made his senior international debut for Germany in a friendly game against Ecuador in Boca Raton, Florida. On 8 May 2014, Sam was named to the 30-man provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup by German national team manager, Joachim Löw.
nothing shows this guy has Yoruba lineage
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
asha80:
aogo sounds like a ghanian name

It might be a shortened version of a next name. But I know he's of Yoruba and Nigerian descent. The name itself is unique - and apart from him, his dad, and a next bank in Nigeria (Aogo micro finance bank, ondo. Ondo State, Nigeria). No one else bears the name.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
asha80:
[url][/url]nothing shows this guy has Yoruba lineage

Okay, he's Igbo. Are you happy now? grin

Why would I put him there if he isn't Yoruba? undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Missy89(f): 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2015
SirShymexx:
Those are the ones I know, unless you want me to post the over 50 Yoruba teenagers playing for the different academies of EPL teams.

Err...I'll post Ola Aina, Odubajo, and a next guy playing for Man City. They're decent prospects.

Missy89, post a few females...What's the name of that volleyball player I posted a few weeks ago? Can't remember her name now - the one with the extremely beautiful face. tongue

Foluke Akinradewo cool

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
SirShymexx:

Okay, he's Igbo. Are you happy now? grin

Why would I put him there if he isn't Yoruba? undecided
well if he is of yoruba descent there is something to show for it wouldn't there be?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superduperjay: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
No my friend form osun is aogo. Its a yoruba name don't know what it means tho.
SirShymexx:

It might be a shortened version of a next name. But I know he's of Yoruba and Nigerian descent. The name itself is unique - and apart from him, his dad, and a next bank in Nigeria (Aogo micro finance bank, ondo. Ondo State, Nigeria). No one else bears the name.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ritchiee:

I understand your drift.How many people are ICT literate?A million people cannot do online biz, not in this present Nigeria anyway, but a couple of millions can go into trading...an illiterate and lazy man avenue to make it in life.Hardship and the civil war pushed our eastern brothers and the Kwarans(hardship) into trade which does not need much expertise and intelligence...and these people own a chunk of landed properties in Lagos.Yorubas hate to copy.but we should remember Iyalode o...lol

This is what i mean.We should focus more on education and tech because tech is the future and i'm happy Yorubas have cornered this sector which is a step in the right direction.An independent yorubaland will even make it better.What we should focus more on is how to invest in these two sectors since we're already doing well.Why do you think yoruba women dominate tech while some people are selling ugu? are you jealous of those who sell ugu? The emboldened is more like fantasy.I've said this before,don't be decieved,romanis don't own p.o.o

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by DrMoffy(m): 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
omo Odua tokantokan, mo juru fun gbogbo yin. so blessed to have intelligent people like u all around, I gain a lot from your contributions on nairaland. kudos to Aareona, Aresa, coolitempa, Ilekeh, Gbawe, Superstar, Firefire, Shym3x, After1, and a whole lot of others I can't possibly mention. you are all great ambassadors of Yoruba heritage.... love you all!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
Tosin Adarabioyo

Manchester City's Under-18s captain wants to follow Vincent Kompany's lead to success.

Whoever he comes up against, Tosin Adarabioyo just wants to be the best.

In addition to skippering the Under-18s this season, the Manchester City youngster has played in the Under-19s UEFA Youth League and Under-21 Premier League and each time the motivation is the same.

"To be honest I just want to win every game we get to", he said.

"During the game obviously we're developing, becoming better players and learning more but I just want to win that youth Champions League. That's my main target - I'd do anything to win really.

"It is good to know that if we progress in this then we're basically the best team in Europe at our age."

Adarabioyo, 17, has stepped up to play all six games in the UEFA Youth League this season, part of a backline that conceded just four goals to help City to a 100 per cent record in the group stage.

Not that his development should come as a surprise.

The starlet is used to being given responsibilities beyond his age, and will be part of the EDS team away to Norwich on Wednesday who are aiming to bounce back from three consecutive losses.

Under-18s coach Jason Wilcox called Adarabioyo into his office this summer to give the then-16-year-old captaincy of the team.

Was he expecting to be given the role? "I wanted it," he grinned. "I really wanted it. I think I am a leader anyway so it is just part of me really."

It seems apparent that the young Englishman is not hide his ambition. Just as important though is his willingness to admit areas to improve.

Adapting to the differences in dealing with European opposition in the UEFA Youth League has been 'challenging', while Adarabioyo acknowledged that Under-21 level is a lot harder physically. "The intensity is higher so I just have to try and keep up with them and move the ball as quick as we can," he added.

Similarly, when giving his assessment of the season so far for the Under-18s he said: "At the start I wasn't playing so well but I think I have started to play very well and started to lead the team as I am captain so my relationship skills have got a lot better."

The England Under-18 international is happy to improve and work on his game to build on his weaknesses. It can't hinder his development that the centre-back he most enjoys watching in the Premier League - Vincent Kompany - is at the same training complex every day.

"I love his aggression and his dominance when he's playing," enthused Adarabioyo. "It just shows how he works every day and it shows that I have to work the same as he does to get to the level he is at now - and hopefully be better than him!"
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
Missy89:

Foluke Akinradewo cool

Lol.

That's my future wife right there. grin

I need to hunt her down.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
bugzbunny:

Scratch façed fools. Will keep witnessing it cheesy
I would have given a proper response to those responsible for your upbringing but not on this thread

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2015
asha80:
well if he is of yoruba descent there is something to show for it wouldn't there be?

So, you think he's Igbo - don't you? - hysterical grin

Everyone knows the guy's dad is Yoruba. And not all Yorubas have Yoruba last names.

Would you call Anthony Joshua a non-Yoruba if I were to post what everyone calls him, without his middle name?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
superduperjay:
No my friend form osun is aogo. Its a yoruba name don't know what it means tho.

Don't mind the guy - he's just trying to derail the thread.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 6:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
DrMoffy, eku ise ilu ooo, adura gbogbo wa a gba a ni se lasan, ile karo ojire oni ba je ooo

Awon alale ile Odua a gbe wa ooo. Ase!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
SirShymexx:

So, you think he's Igbo - don't you? - hysterical grin

Everyone knows the guy's dad is Yoruba. And not all Yorubas have Yoruba last names.

Would you call Anthony Joshua a non-Yoruba if I were to post what everyone calls him, without his middle name?
nothing to gain if he is Igbo..unlike all other ones you posted that have Yoruba names whether as first,second or last names or where it was mentioned that his father is from Yoruba tribe in Nigeria nothing shows about this guy's descent from any particular Nigerian group
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ritchiee the idea that traders are middle class is the biggest lie ever told to man.Most can afford 3 square meals but that doesn't make them middle class.This is not "dem talk say" its something i know.Those 2x2 traders you see are in the same class as Yoruba cab drivers

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superduperjay: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
Oh ok.
SirShymexx:

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SirShymexx: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
Bobby Adekanye

Former Barcelona youngster Bobby Adekanye confirmed his move to Liverpool on Instagram yesterday.

The 16-year-old posted a picture of himself in the club's media room after penning a deal with the Reds.

Alongside the picture, he wrote: "I am very happy to sign for Liverpool."

The player joined Barcelona from Ajax in controversial circumstances in 2011, which led to the club becoming embroiled in a dispute with FIFA over their recruitment of young players.

Adekanye spent last season on loan at PSV Eindhoven as the dispute rumbled on, before Liverpool managed to snap him up earlier this week.

To 99.9 per cent of us, Adekanye is an unknown quantity, so its probably time to find out a bit more about him.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
SirShymexx:

mistook it for agogo..nothing to gain from derailment

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.