Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (670546 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Flyoruboy(m): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Freepousy,
Babaloke lo ma pa e! angry

Infact, ko Ni better fun owun ati awon irankiran e. Imagine a confirmed Biafran apologist trying to poke his nose in a purely Yoruba affair? ? What effrontery!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Setaje(f): 9:15am On Nov 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Brilliant blueprint maaan.Brilliant! I'm thinking of forwarding this to DAWN to see what they think about it

I don't think they have anything like this in their document

Those guys need to create a nairaland account as well.Think Oyo have one even though they hardly log in

South-west states also need to have nairaland accounts with which they can use to update us on what's going on

Nice to see someone that knows about dawn commission. Been following them on fb since inception. Got in touch wiv them two days ago to know if they have an organisation people can join. They replied me. Gave me a number to call. Was told once I call the number every question will be answered. Those guys are doing a good job. They really mean well for the south west.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2015
Arch1:
Unfortunately, Kabiyesi, Oba Akiolu just travelled to London yesterday. I am sure he wouldnt take it likely.
While i support the ibos agitation for biafra as much as i support the dismemberment of this country and the eventual creation of an independent Yoruba nation, i do not subscribe to this plan of a biafra protest in Lagos state. It is highly provocative and it would certainly lead to chaos and bloodletting.
I got the news yesternight and i immediately sent a message to the Deputy Governor, Secertary to the Governor and the State's Chief of Staff. I hope they got my message and i hope it would be part of their discussion at the council meeting today.
Good. Do you have the contact of Chief Lateef Aderbigbe Ajose, the Opeoluwa of Lagos. He is like the 'face' of the palace. I thnik you should write to him too if you have his contact. We shouldnt take this idly
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Kimoni: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2015
modath:

It is when we get rregional autonomy that we will face the Ogun people who have been marginalizing the rest of us politically since time immemorial...... grin
From Papa Awo to OBJ to Shonekan to PYO, the ogun folks have stopped the rest of us from developing, the lack of equity & justice is mind numbing, we will secede.. tongue

This made me lol

Everybody should develop their talent o, do you see any group struggling with Ekitis when it come to continuous academics?? Or the Ilajes when it comes to fishing? Allows us jor angry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[size=16pt]Ogun state gets new radio station[/size]

A non serving Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Gbenga Obadara, who represented Ogun Central Senatorial District under the platform of SDP during the 7th legislature has opened a new private radio station in the state.

All is now set for the on air commencement of the private radio station located within the heart of Abeokuta.
The newly completed radio station has been undergoing test transmission since 20 November.

The new station named ‘Sweet FM’, will be transmitting on the frequency of 107.1FM band.

The station is situated within the popular Ibara Housing Estate, Abeokuta, the state capital.

Findings revealed that the station, which is the second private radio station in the state, will fully come on air by 1 December, 2015.
Investigation revealed that a lot of programmes being aired on an existing radio station in the town have now been taken to the new radio station

A member of the Freelance and Independent Broadcasters’ Association of Nigeria (FIBAN) in the state, who pleaded anonymity, disclosed that the new radio station arrived at a very good time when they were having some crisis with the management of the existing radio station.

There has been crisis between the management of the Radio Nigeria, Abeokuta (Paramount FM) and FIBAN in the state and the station is like home station for most of the presenters in the state.

The presenters stopped airing their programmes on the station in the last one month before the station itself went off air since about two weeks ago due to a faulty transmitter.

Our correspondent reliably gathered that the Odeda-born former federal lawmaker commenced work on the radio station as requested by the FIBAN members due to his close and cordial relationship with the association.

With the birth of the new radio station in few days to come, Ogun State is now having four radio stations. One is owned by the Federal Government, Paramount 94.5 FM; the second one is the state owned, OGBC 2 90.5FM and the third one, Rockcity 101.9FM owned by a veteran journalist and a former Commissioner for Information and Strategy in the state under Otunba Gbenga Daniel, Mr Niran Malaolu.
The newest in town now is Sweet 107.1FM which will commence full transmission on Tuesday, 1 December, 2015.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/24/obadara-opens-new-radio-station/

Four is too small o shocked
Even small osun have more than that.
Oyo own is up to 10 sef.
Anyway, most radio stations in Lagos transmission do reach Ogun too.
We have religious radio stations too. (Lagos-Ibadan express way churches).
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 9:50am On Nov 25, 2015
Kimoni:

This made me lol

Everybody should develop their talent o, do you see any group struggling with Ekitis when it come to continuous academics?? Or the Ilajes when it comes to fishing? Allows us jor angry

We will still fight una, the rest of us will gang up on you,..E nor matter that my dearest & my youngins are "rock city solid" ogun indigenes.. tongue

You pipo cannot come & constitute yasefs to Anambra 2:0 of the south west..... Kilode gan. grin cheesy

@setaje, Pls post the no here, thx

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 10:08am On Nov 25, 2015
raumdeuter:

Unless its by a decree, I dont think the states would vote to be merged back

Ondo people were glad to get rid of Ekitis in 1996, Oyo were glad to get rid of the Ijesha in 1991

People in EKiti would simply tell you we cant go back to the days of getting instruction from AKure.

And Ibadan would tell you they dont want Ijeshas back

hahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ijesha vs Oyo and vice versa. Some Ijesha guys would say "Ijesha Loko Oyo". We all know reverse is the case, Ijesha fought for their freedom from Oyos.

I believe we have overcome those rifts, we have moved on. Regionalism worked for us in the past and I believe it will work again. We only need committed and focused leaders.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OAUTemitayo: 10:28am On Nov 25, 2015
Patriotism of Our Leaders And The Removal of Our Language from School Curriculum.

Can a group of people have belief in their ability without knowing who they are?
Can a nation have patriotic and selfless citizens if they have no form of bond with their nation either through language, culture or tradition?
The removal of our indigenous languages from the school curriculum throughout the federation is something that put a big question mark on the patriotism and selflessness of our so called progressives in all states occupied by the descendants of Oduduwa.
More disappointing and insulting is the inclusion of French language in the school curriculum when our own language was removed from same.
The question is, is English language and French language more important to our own progress, dignity and future than the language of those who throw our forefathers into the oceans in order to reduce the weight of slave-trade ships?
How on earth will we allow the inferior mentality planted in our mind by our slave masters to continue to dictate our own path and policies?

Even when Yoruba, Edo and Itshekiri were being taught in the senior secondary schools, our languages were heading towards extinction due to so many factors such as the nonchalant attitude of the students, poorly trained and poorly motivated teachers, poor learning environment, policy summersaults, inadequate teaching aids and massive corruption in both the schools and government circles.
Taking a close look at the nations with good economic and technological standing, one is bound to notice the fact that almost all of them uses their indigenous language(s) as the teaching language right from primary school up to tertiary level.

Our leaders always talk of being patriotic and selfless, by removing our indigenous language from the core subjects in the senior secondary school curriculum and then simultaneously adding French to the senior school curriculum, their patriotism is not only called to question, it is very glaring that they are only interested in the material benefits of their respective offices.

If we truly desire to move the Southwest forward, it is very important that Yoruba, Edo and Itshekiri languages are reintroduced into our senior secondary school curriculum and made a compulsory subject both in promotion examinations and requirements for entrance into tertiary institutions.

I am imploring all bonafide descendants of Oduduwa to use every available means within their reach to ensure the reintroduction of our own language into our senior school curriculum.
We must do everything possible to protect the dignity and prosperity of many unborn generations.

www.oduduwarepublic.com/patriotism-of-our-leaders-and-the-removal-of-our-language-from-school-curriculum/
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 10:29am On Nov 25, 2015
YORUBA SPEAKERS IN HIGH DEMAND IN LONDON

Nigerian tourists became the fifth biggest spenders in London in 2014 with a 50 percent increase in spending compared to 2013. The continued growth will put pressure on retailers in London and other markets to adapt to the needs of relatively new African consumers.
Nigerians buy on average four times more than U.K. shoppers, PropertyMagazine reports.
It is no longer enough to have Mandarin-speaking staff, according to the CBRE Luxury Retail 2015 report. Those with a grasp of Yoruba are also in high demand.

It is also not about making specific purchases, says PropertyMagazine. Consumers want to engage with the authentic brand experience that makes them feel more valued.
Retail space in Lagos is limited and high real estate costs on top of high import duties are slowing growth, LuxuryDaily reports. With its population of 13 million, the Lagos urban area is bigger than Paris with 15,500 people per square kilometer — more than double that of Shanghai. Most malls cater to mid-low income consumers, leaving luxury brands entering the market to opt for emerging high streets.
In Lagos, younger consumers have shown increased willingness to spend on luxury goods. More luxury malls will provide a medium-term solution, but until then brands should localize touch points and prepare for tourists, says LuxuryDaily.
Sub-Saharan Africa has emerged as the “next big thing” as the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) become increasingly developed, according to a September report by A.T. Kearney.

A young, connected and fast-growing middle class — many still discovering their next favorite brands — will likely drive growth in sub-Sahara over the next few decades. A.T. Kearney’s “Retail in Africa: Still the Next Big Thing” report, part of the “2015 African Retail Development Index,” looks closely at these consumers and the economies of their home countries to determine the opportunity for retail marketers as a shopping culture emerges. As wealth gets more evenly distributed across the world, Africa is following in china’s footsteps as a major source of luxury spending power, PropertyMagazine reports.

Africa’s embryonic luxury markets are interesting largely due to the rise of disposable income and broadening yunger consumer base willing to spend more on luxury goods. Key cities in Africa will continue to remain on the radar of prominent luxury retailers planning entry or expansion in countries, despite impediments such as high import duties and stock quality.
The African Retail Development Index (ARDI) ranks Sub-Saharan African countries for potential and urgency to enter the country. Countries considered for rankings were preselected based on three criteria — a country risk of 35 or higher in the euro money country-risk score, population size greater than 1.5 million and a GDP per capita of more than $1,000, LuxuryDaily reported in September.
Gabon and Botswana ranked No. 1 and No. 2. Angola ranked No. 3, Nigeria No. 4, Tanzania No. 5, South Africa No. 6, Rwanda No. 7, Namibia No. 8, Ghana No. 9, Senegal No. 10, Gambia No. 11, Zambia No. 12, Cote d’Ivoire No. 13, Ethiopia No. 14 and Mozambique No. 15.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2015
modath:

It is when we get rregional autonomy that we will face the Ogun people who have been marginalizing the rest of us politically since time immemorial...... grin
From Papa Awo to OBJ to Shonekan to PYO, the ogun folks have stopped the rest of us from developing, the lack of equity & justice is mind numbing, we will secede.. tongue

Beeni ke.

The Ogun's have been marginalizing us for years, enough is enough. Osun must produce the next President grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Or else...............

I dey laugh. Good morning ma'am. E ku itoju awon boys.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 10:33am On Nov 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Hmm! OK. I will latter check it.

The last time you were not sure of Michael Olaitan call up to the National team, but I can authoritatively tell you he has never been called once by the Senior national team.
I have always said the South Easterners flourished more than anybody else cos of the football politics thingy which had been there from time.Remove this and Yoruba footballers would be the ones to contend with just as Yorubas have the highest number of good players abroad.They will testify to this...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Setaje(f): 10:34am On Nov 25, 2015
modath:

We will still fight una, the rest of us will gang up on you,..E nor matter that my dearest & my youngins are "rock city solid" ogun indigenes.. tongue

You pipo cannot come & constitute yasefs to Anambra 2:0 of the south west..... Kilode gan. grin cheesy

@setaje, Pls post the no here, thx

Here is the number.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2015
IlekeHD:

Say what?

Okun can stay alone but the Ekitis in Kwara can't? Why not just blend the whole SW na?

The Ekitis in Kwara State are not many. Just 1 LGA. So, if they merge them with their folks in Ekiti, it's not a bad idea.

1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2015
IlekeHD:
@Zimoni

I dey here o.

How body?

I'm cool. To God be the glory.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Musiwa419: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2015
WIZGUY69:

We have religious radio stations too. (Lagos-Ibadan express way churches).
Redeemed Christin Church of God
RCCG 107.90 FM
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven

The General Overseer, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said he has no doubt in his mind that the late matriarch of the Awolowo family, Chief Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo, is resting with the Lord.

He said this on Tuesday while holding a private prayer session with the family at their Ikenne residence.

The cleric, who arrived the Awolowo home at 1pm, headed straight to the Efunyela Hall, where the prayer session was held with family members, relations, friends and other well wishers in attendance.

He said, “By the special grace of God and because of my interaction with Mama, I have no doubt at all that she is in heaven now.”

Adeboye, who shared his experience with the audience on how he was privileged to confirm that Mama was resting in heaven, explained that he had a personal encounter with her two weeks before her death.

He said, “Before Mama passed on, she was making a request and I was contacted. I won’t go into details about the request but I was abroad and when I came back I saw her and we had a little discussion before she passed away. As a result of that, I have no doubt that Mama is resting with the Lord.”

https://www.nairaland.com/2760396/adeboye-sure-hid-awolowo-heaven

What kind of talk is this nah? These Pastors should stop bullshitting us, this is bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ritchiee:
I have always said the South Easterners flourished more than anybody else cos of the football politics thingy which had been there from time.Remove this and Yoruba footballers would be the ones to contend with just as Yorubas have the highest number of good players abroad....

You are not far away from the truth. But that is only in Nigeria Football. if we are to holistically examine their achievements in the world of Football, I think Yorubas has flourished more than any groups in Nigeria.
They can even for a world class team that can on any of the FIFA highly ranked teams any time any day.

Who do you think should make Yoruba best ever team?

And who do think can make the first eleven presently?

My current Yoruba team: keeper: Bamidel Aiyenugba(Behni Yehuda current Israeli champions)

Right back: Leon Balogun, Mainz Germany

Left Back: David Alaba, Barcelona fc Spain

Central Defense: Tiago Ilori, Liverpool England

Central Defense: Manuel Akanji, Fc Basel Switzerland

Central midfield: Deji Ali, Tottenham England

Defensive Midfield, Funso-ojo, Willem Netherland

Attacking Midfield: Abdul Ajagun, Panathinaikos-fc Greece

Left Winger: Michael Babatunde, Dnipro Dnipropetrovs Ukraine

Right Wing: Isaac Success, Granade Spain

Striker: Obafemi-martins

Substitutes: Dele Alampasu, Femi Thomas(keepers),
Gbenga Akokoyo, Moses Odubanjo, Daniel Adejo, Nurudeen Orelesi(Defense), Sam Ameobi, Sone Aluko, Raheem Lawal, Haruna Lukman, Ramon Azeez(midfield), Dominic Solanke, Abiola Dauda, Michael Olaitan,

What do you think?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 12:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
zimoni:
Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven

The General Overseer, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said he has no doubt in his mind that the late matriarch of the Awolowo family, Chief Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo, is resting with the Lord.

He said this on Tuesday while holding a private prayer session with the family at their Ikenne residence.

The cleric, who arrived the Awolowo home at 1pm, headed straight to the Efunyela Hall, where the prayer session was held with family members, relations, friends and other well wishers in attendance.

He said, “By the special grace of God and because of my interaction with Mama, I have no doubt at all that she is in heaven now.”

Adeboye, who shared his experience with the audience on how he was privileged to confirm that Mama was resting in heaven, explained that he had a personal encounter with her two weeks before her death.

He said, “Before Mama passed on, she was making a request and I was contacted. I won’t go into details about the request but I was abroad and when I came back I saw her and we had a little discussion before she passed away. As a result of that, I have no doubt that Mama is resting with the Lord.”

https://www.nairaland.com/2760396/adeboye-sure-hid-awolowo-heaven

What kind of talk is this nah? These Pastors should stop bullshitting us, this is bullshit.

Oro rirun...

Even if a "God" exists somewhere, did he disclose the names of those in his "Heaven" to Adeboye?

Adeboye should stop acting like he's the assistant or Spokesman to a "God" whose existence can not be empirically proven. Has he even been to "Heaven" before to know a "Heaven" exists?

I find it funny and sometimes, hard to believe that learned, schooled individuals, including most guys on this thread, believe that there's a heaven somewhere and People either go there or go to Hell when they die. grin

Christianity...deceiving and scamming my fellow Yoruba folks since 1842.

Churches...ripping Yorubas off (Via Tithes and Offerings) and destroying our traditional cultures and values since the active days of Henry Townsend and Thomas Birch-freeman in Badagry and Abeokuta.

SMH

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
tupacshakur:

Oro rirun...

Even if a "God" exists somewhere, did he disclose the names of those in his "Heaven" to Adeboye?

Adeboye should stop acting like he's the assistant or Spokesman to a "God" whose existence can not be empirically proven. Has he even been to "Heaven" before to know a "Heaven" exists?

I find it funny and sometimes, hard to believe that learned, schooled individuals, including most guys on this thread, believe that there's a heaven somewhere and People either go there or go to Hell when they die. grin

Churches...ripping Yorubas off (Via Tithes and Offerings) and destroying our traditional cultures and values since the active days of Henry Townsend and Thomas Birch-freeman in Badagry and Abeokuta.

SMH

Well, I'm a christian sha.

Yet, Adeboye got it wrong. I'm beginning to hate the PastorPreneur.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by angiography(m): 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
tupacshakur:

Oro rirun...

SMH

Lol...but somehow it isn't bad to have freedom of association and believe; of which personally I desired to be identified with Christianity.

albeit, the beauty of Yoruba land is in our diversity of belief...or unbelief....and tolerance has been our guiding principle from onset....so, I don't see the essence of the attack u launched via Ur post...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Forgiveness kingship can't be abolished.That'll probably the death of tradition and the birth of Lawlessness.First class kings know themselves and I don't think there has ever been any issue regarding that.I believe all South-west states have Council of Obas and Chiefs and they are the ones in charge of that.Michael Olaitan was called up for the 2013 Under-20 world cup

Ritchiee abeg help us clear those skirties names.I don't want them to come here.We should avoid mentioning them

Setaje I've been following DAWN for a very long time and I never knew this.I don't think we've ever had a better chance to get closer to them.They need to see this thread.Nice one aunty mi.Welcome to the COMMONWEALTH wink

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
modath:

My bad... , i disregarded him cos i believe "Almost doesn't count" embarassed... He was a friend of the military junta till things fell apart....& if I'm being truthful, as much as i believe he gave his life for the entrenchment of democracy in Nigeria, i am convinced it was not for any altruistic reasons, it was just happenstance...

He wanted POWER to crown the MONEY & RESPECT.

(According to Shymm3x, that is what The Lox said grin)

My 2k..

Money, power, and respect - the tripod to measure success and achievement in life. And what determine if a person's journey through life, the real hell and heaven, is well spent.

The Lox never told a lie - the realist ever.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Forgiveness kingship can't be abolished.That'll probably the death of tradition and the birth of Lawlessness.First class kings know themselves and I don't think there has ever been any issue regarding that.I believe all South-west states have Council of Obas and Chiefs and they are the ones in charge of that.Michael Olaitan was called up for the 2013 Under-20 world cup

Ritchiee abeg help us clear those skirties names.I don't want them to come here.We should avoid mentioning them

Setaje I've been following DAWN for a very long time and I never knew this.I don't think we've ever had a better chance to get closer to them.They need to see this thread.Nice one aunty mi.Welcome to the COMMONWEALTH wink

OK, I see. We have this issue of who is the overall leader of Yorubaland between Alaafin and Oni of Ife, and the issue of Awujale of Ijebu land not seen as a first class oba.

Yes, I know Olaitan was called up for Under 20 but he is yet to be called to the National team despite is exploit in the UEFA Champions League last seasons.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
tupacshakur:

Oro rirun...

SMH

Do not judge without proving your case convincingly. If we agree that the Bible contains the words of God, it then means if you take some steps and die thereafter, you will make it to the kingdom of God.

The mama in question was able to rectify her way, she sought for forgiveness and died a week after praying for her children. I am in line with Pastor Adeboye on this.

At 99 few weeks to 100 years, what sin do you think she would have committed? Fornication, adultery, envy, stealing, etc?

I will rather be quiet on an issue like this than saying what might make me to sin.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
So I heard the romanis are planning to stage a protest in Lagos

[img]http://4.bp..com/-VtzXySViih4/VevpC4aWqgI/AAAAAAAATvs/HPGApCKVElw/s1600/okay-i-see.gif[/img]

Haha! I'm laughing in tamil

♫♫♫♪♪♫

Trouble sleep yanga go wake am

wetin you dey find?

Palaveeeer you dey find x3

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
forgiveness:

OK, I see.

Yes, I know Olaitan was called up for Under 20 but he is yet to be called to the National team despite is exploit in the UEFA Champions League last seasons.

Oro yen su mi.Please help me clear that part of ritchiee's comment where he mentioned those two Igbos from your own post,I don't want them to come here.I love your team by the way,I'll also try coming up with my first eleven.

The only thing is I'll include 3 or 4 home-based players

Make una no vex say I dey compel una to edit una comment oo.Just trying to make everything tidy wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Musiwa419:
Redeemed Christin Church of God RCCG 107.90 FM
Eshe gan! and I am sure some institutions too will have radio stations.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
forgiveness:

You are not far away from the truth. But that is only in Nigeria Football. if we are to holistically examine their achievements in the world of Football, I think Yorubas has flourished more than any groups in Nigeria.
They can even for a world class team that can on any of the FIFA highly ranked teams any time any day.

Who do you think should make Yoruba best ever team?

And who do think can make the first eleven presently?

My current Yoruba team: keeper: Bamidel Aiyenugba(Behni Yehuda current Israeli champions)

Left Back: David Alaba, Barcelona fc Spain

Central midfield: Deji Ali, Tottenham England

Defensive Midfield, Funso-ojo, Willem Netherland

Attacking Midfield: Abdul Ajagun, Panathinaikos-fc Greece

Left Winger: Michael Babatunde, Dnipro Dnipropetrovs Ukraine

Right Wing: Isaac Success, Granade Spain

Striker: Obafemi-martins

Substitutes: Dele Alampasu, Femi Thomas(keepers),
Gbenga Akokoyo, Moses Odubanjo, Daniel Adejo, Nurudeen Orelesi(Defense), Sam Ameobi, Sone Aluko, Raheem Lawal, Haruna Lukman, Ramon Azeez(midfield), Dominic Solanke, Abiola Dauda, Michael Olaitan,

What do you think?

This is my first 11 for the Yoruba all star team:

keeper: Dele Alampasu

Left Back: David Alaba, Bayern Munich

Central midfield: Sidney Sam

Defensive Midfield: Dennis Aogo

Attacking Midfield: Dele Alli, Tottenham England

Midfielder: Moses Odubanjo

Strike 1: Emmanuel Adebayor

Striker 2: Obafemi-martins

4-4-2 formation.

Dominic Solanke can come in for any of the two strikers. And Maurice Edu is also on the sideline for defensive midfield position.

Bring on the Super Eagles in Nigeria and it's going to be an arsewhooping. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
zimoni:

Well, I'm a christian sha.

Yet, Adeboye got it wrong. I'm beginning to hate the PastorPreneur.

That's the perfect word, Bro. PastoPrenuer!

Imagine a Pastor, fully cognizant of the extreme poverty in the country, using a jet worth more than 10 billion naira.

Some folks would say, he didn't buy it himself, that it was given to him as a gift. I think he should have sold it and use the money to feed the millions of hungry kids on the streets of Nigeria.

Other would say he needs it to keep up to time with his programmes and tight schedule abroad...As if he can't charter flights or book flights ahead.

Their Jesus Christ lived a very humble and mundane life. They should be seen to toe his line.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
angiography:

Lol...but somehow it isn't bad to have freedom of association and believe; of which personally I desired to be identified with Christianity.

albeit, the beauty of Yoruba land is in our diversity of belief...or unbelief....and tolerance has been our guiding principle from onset....so, I don't see the essence of the attack u launched via Ur post...

When it comes to relationships among Christians and Muslims, the emboldened is true to some extent.

Adherents of Yoruba traditional religions, on the other hand have been labelled as evil, fetish et al. by the followers of the imported religions like Islam and Christianity.

You wonder why Aregbesola changed the slogan of my beloved state of Osun from "The state of the Living spring" to one yeye "Land of virtue". The former slogan tends to promote our traditional religion and gods at the expense of imported religions...

That to me is intolerance of the highest order. Aregbe should be advised to appease the gods and goddesses of the land and revert to the old slogan with immediate effect, for sanity and prosperity to return back to the state.

O ni lati gbe ebo losi oritameta.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tupacshakur(m): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
veraponpo:

Do not judge without proving your case convincingly. If we agree that the Bible contains the words of God, it then means if you take some steps and die thereafter, you will make it to the kingdom of God.

The mama in question was able to rectify her way, she sought for forgiveness and died a week after praying for her children. I am in line with Pastor Adeboye on this.

At 99 few weeks to 100 years, what sin do you think she would have committed? Fornication, adultery, envy, stealing, etc?

I will rather be quiet on an issue like this than saying what might make me to sin.

You must be omniscient and very spiritual to have known she died without sins...

Do you know what's called Ese Afiroda? grin

Sins committed via one's thoughts.

Now, I'm not saying she died sinful. I just think Adeboye coming out to tell the whole world that she is in heaven doesn't only sound cocky and conceited, but also "unchristian-like".

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.