Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (670256 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2015
WIZGUY69:

grin. That would be kinda weird.
I am comfortable with the present situation ; where Yoruba is a compulsory subject in SW secondary schools.
Ii is so funny.Imagine English language as a subject or course been taught in Yoruba language...lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
modath:

cheesy grin

You guys need to see my mentions, like na my fault fate used dirty drained engine oil to fry their eggs instead of old vegetable oil... cause their mama, papa, children join...

One thing is certain, awon omo irankiran kan o le ko wa laya je.

The goats have been bleating since Jonah lost to Pa Buhari.

Jonah could have won the election if he had won the war on bh(Jonah was not really serious, since those dudes are only killing themselves).

Then he said Igbos are the pillar of his government despite the fact that entire Nigeria voted for him and some corpers(mostly Yorubas) were kiled.

Then he was seen on camera laughing when Sir Arthur Eze called Yorubas Amala and Ewedu people. Jonah could have cautioned the old man but he bursted into laughter on national television. I saw him on AIT in my office, the Idiatu was enjoying the show of shame on stage.

When Yoruba Elders went to meet him at Aso Villa to complain about Yoruba Marginalization, he did nothing about it. Instead he dropped Minister of Foreign Affairs and replaced him with an Igbo few week after the minister was sacked.

He fought Obasanjo and replaced SW PDP Candidates at Wadata Plaza with his own candidates. Then he said stealing is not corruption. Jonah really messed up.

His Olorinla Orobokibo SGF gave most of the parastatals positions to his Igbo brothers.

Jonah never looked at our side but was visiting Lagos and SW regularly few weeks before election. Our people collected the dollars and still voted against him. I only supported Jonah because of those dudes who believe they are born to rule.

Now they(Flateenos) are chanting betrayals up and down, but they never said anything when Jonah was marginalizing SW. They were calling us various dirty names then, now MOST of them are chanting Biafra. E no consain me sha, I wish them well in their Biafra agitation.

Just ignore them and do your thing. E dey pain dem niiiii. O n dun won baje naje. Too badt for them Grand Pa Buhari is not looking at their side.

Well, my own be say make Yorubaland prosper. Whoever is at the helm of affair doesn't matter to me so far he will not debar our Development. Development of Yorubaland is The Priority.

God Bless Us All.

God Bless Yorubaland.

Uncle Aare and Mama Ileke, E Ku Ise Ooooooo. Thumbs up to Bro Shymexx.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Taslim Olawale Elias

Taslim Olawale Elias (11 November 1914 – 14 August 1991) was a Nigerian jurist. He was Attorney-General and Chief Justice of Nigeria and a judge and President of the International Court of Justice. He was a scholar who modernised and extensively revised the laws of Nigeria.

Youth and studies

Elias was born in Lagos, the capital of Nigeria, on 11 November 1914.[1] He received his secondary education at the Church Missionary Society Grammar School and Igbobi College in Lagos. He married Ganiat Yetunde Fowosere, and the couple would have five children together (three sons, two daughters). After passing the Cambridge School Certificate examination, he worked as an assistant in the Government Audit Department. In 1935 he joined the Nigerian Railway and served in the Chief Accountant's Office for nine years.

While working at the Nigerian Railway Elias became an external student of London University, and later he passed the intermediate examinations for the B.A. and LL.B degrees. He left Nigeria for the United Kingdom in 1944 and was admitted to University College London. As this was during World War II, with London the target of frequent bomb attacks, he spent some time at Cambridge's Trinity College. He graduated with a B.A. the year he entered University College London and two years later received the LL.B. In 1947 he was called to the bar at the Inner Temple, where he was a Yarborough Anderson Scholar, and in the same year received his LL.M degree. He continued his graduate education and became the first African to earned a PhD in law from the University of London in 1949.[2][3]

In 1951 Elias was awarded a UNESCO Fellowship to undertake research into the legal, economic, and social problems of Africa. Later that year he had his first academic appointment, the Simon Senior Research Fellow at Manchester University. There he was an instructor in law and social anthropology. It was also in 1951 that he published his first book, Nigerian Land Law and Custom.
Professional life

Elias moved from Manchester to Oxford in 1954 when he became the Oppenheimer Research Fellow at the Institute of Commonwealth Studies, Nuffield College and Queen Elizabeth House. He continued his research into Nigerian law and published Groundwork of Nigerian Law in the same year. In 1956 he was visiting professor of political science at the University of Delhi. He was instrumental in organising courses in government, law, and social anthropology and in establishing the African Studies Department. Elias also lectured at the universities of Aligarh, Allahabad, Bombay, and Calcutta. In that year he also published two books, Makers of Nigerian Law and The Nature of African Customary Law.

He returned to London in 1957 and was appointed a Governor of the School of Oriental and African Studies. As the constitutional and legal adviser to the National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons (which later became the National Convention of Nigerian Citizens), he participated in the 1958 Nigerian Constitutional Conference in London. He was one of the architects of Nigeria's independence constitution

In 1960 Elias was invited to become Nigeria's Attorney-General and Minister of Justice.[4] He served in this capacity through the whole of the first republic. Although later dismissed after the coup d'état in January 1966, he was reinstated in November of that year.

In addition to contributing to Nigerian and African law, Elias had long been active in field of international law.[5] He was a member of the United Nations International Law Commission from 1961 to 1975, he served as General Rapporteur from 1965 to 1966 and was its chairman in 1970.[5] He was the leader of the Nigerian delegations to the conference held to consider the Draft Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States in 1963 and to the Special Committee on the Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States in 1964.[5] He was a member of the United Nations Committee of Experts which drafted the constitution of the Congo, 1961–1962. He also helped to draft the charter of the Organization of African Unity (O.A.U.), and its Protocol of Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration.[5] Elias also represented the O.A.U. and Nigeria before the International Court of Justice in the proceedings concerning the status of Namibia.[5] He was elected as an associate member of the Institut de droit international in 1969.[5] He was Chairman of the Committee of the Whole at the Vienna Conference on the Law of Treaties (1968–1969).[6]

In 1966 Elias was appointed Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Lagos. Four years earlier he had received the LL.D. degree from the University of London for his work on African law and British colonial law. (He would go on to receive a total of 17 honorary doctorate degrees from various universities around the world[5]). He was one the inaugural recipients of the Nigerian National Merit Award in 1979.[7] Several of his works on various legal subjects[5] were standard reading in Africa in law schools of the former British colonies.

Later in 1966, Elias was re-appointed as Nigeria's Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice (a position he held while remaining Dean and Professor at the University of Lagos), until 1972, when he became Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.[4] He was ousted from this position by a military regime that took power in Nigeria at the end of July 1975.

A few months later (in October 1975), he was elected by the General Assembly and the Security Council of the United Nations to the International Court of Justice at The Hague.[4] In 1979, he was elected Vice-President by his colleagues on that Court. In 1981, after the death of Sir Humphrey Waldock, the President of the Court, he took over as Acting President. In 1982, the members of the Court elected him President of the Court. He thus became the first African jurist to hold that honour. Five years later, Elias was also appointed to the Permanent Court of Arbitration at The Hague.
Death

Elias died on 14 August 1991, in Lagos, Nigeria. The names of his five children are Gbolahan, Femi, Sola, Yeside and Folake Elias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
zimoni:

The goats have been bleating since Jonah lost to Pa Buhari.

Jonah could have won the election if he had won the war on bh(Jonah was not really serious, since those dudes are only killing themselves).

Then he said Igbos are the pillar of his government despite the fact that entire Nigeria voted for him and some corpers(mostly Yorubas) were kiled.

Then he was seen on camera laughing when Sir Arthur Eze called Yorubas Amala and Ewedu people. Jonah could have cautioned the old man but he bursted into laughter on national television. I saw him on AIT in my office, the Idiatu was enjoying the show of shame on stage.

When Yoruba Elders went to meet him at Aso Villa to complain about Yoruba Marginalization, he did nothing about it. Instead he dropped Minister of Foreign Affairs and replaced him with an Igbo few week after the minister was sacked.

He fought Obasanjo and replaced SW PDP Candidates at Wadata Plaza with his own candidates. Then he said stealing is not corruption. Jonah really messed up.

His Olorinla Orobokibo SGF gave most of the parastatals positions to his Igbo brothers.

Jonah never looked at our side but was visiting Lagos and SW regularly few weeks before election. Our people collected the dollars and still voted against him. I only supported Jonah because of those dudes who believe they are born to rule.

Now they(Flateenos) are chanting betrayals up and down, but they never said anything when Jonah was marginalizing SW. They were calling us various dirty names then, now MOST of them are chanting Biafra. E no consain me sha, I wish them well in their Biafra agitation.

Just ignore them and do your thing. E dey pain dem niiiii. O n dun won baje naje. Too badt for them Grand Pa Buhari is not looking at their side.

Well, my own be say make Yorubaland prosper. Whoever is at the helm of affair doesn't matter to me so far he will not debar our Development. Development of Yorubaland is The Priority.

God Bless Us All.

God Bless Yorubaland.

Uncle Aare and Mama Ileke, E Ku Ise Ooooooo. Thumbs up to Bro Shymexx.

Was that all you can blab ? Omoale concentrate on your ewedu ati amala topic and leave Igbos alone.
Don't die on top Igbo matter.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
Prince Bola Ajibola, CFR, KBE, SAN, LL.B, B.L, FCI, NAILS, LL.D

His Excellency, Prince Bola Ajibola was born on the 22 nd day of March 1934 in Abeokuta, Ogun State to Oba Abdul-Salam Ajibola Gbadela II who ruled Owu-Abeokuta between 1949 and 1972.His Excellency attended Owu Baptist Day School and Baptist Boys High School (BBHS) both in Abeokuta between 1942 and 1955. He obtained his LL.B at the Horlborn College of Law, University of London between 1959 and 1962. Prince Bola Ajibola was called to the Bar at Lincoln's Inn, London on the 27th day of November 1962. He was made a senior advocate of Nigeria (SAN) in 1986.

He practiced in Lagos, Abeokuta and Kaduna between 1962 and 1985 and was the Principal Partner, Bola Ajibola & Co. for the period. He was President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) between 1984 and 1985 and then served as Attorney General and Minister of Justice of the Federal Republic of Nigeria between 1985 and 1991.

A Knight of the British Empire (KBE), Prince Bola Ajibola served as Judge at the International Court of Justice at The Hague between 1991 and 1994; and then as ad-hoc Judge form 1994 to 2002. He also served as Nigeria's High Commissioner to the United Kingdom between 1999 and 2002. His other International assignments include Commissioner of UN Compensation Commission on Kuwait/Iraqi war (1994-2000); Member, Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague, the Netherlands; Member, Governing Board of International Maritime Law Institute, Malta, Member, Court of Arbitration for Sports in Kuala Lumpur 1998; and President Pan African Council of the London Court of International Arbitration (1994-1999).

A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London, Prince Bola Ajibola is Member, International Law Commission, United Nations, Geneva (1986-1991); Member, International Development Law Institute, Rome; and Member of the Advisory Board, University of Buckingham, England.

The Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CFR) is the Chairman of Nigeria/Cameroon Mixed Commission from 2002 to date using diplomatic means to find solution to the border dispute between the two countries. He is also the Chairman of the National Political Reform Conference (NPRC) Committee on Judiciary and Legal Reforms.

His Excellency has served the country in many other capacities, some of which are:

Chairman, Task Force for the Revision of the Laws of the Federation, 1990;
Member, Advisory Judicial Committee (1985-1991);
Member, Judicial Service Committee, Abuja (1987-1991);
Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies;
Chairman of the Human Rights Committee of the NBA (1980 -1984)
Member of the Privileges Committee of the BAR responsible for the selection of SANs (1985 -1991); etc.

Prince Bola Ajibola has Honorary Doctor of` Letter (D. Litt) from the Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto and Doctor of Agriculture, (D. Agric.) from the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. He is a member of the Yoruba Tennis Club, Logos; Abeokuta Club; Metropolitan Club, Lagos; Club 5055 of BBHS; and Nieuwe of Litteraire Societeit de Witte, The Hague, the Netherlands.
His hobbies include Reading and Writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2015

Ehen! kilonsele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:
Fvck the Igbotic supermod.

These mofos are catching feelings and getting jealous over my posts on here...and they are trying to stop me loool. Biitch arse nyggahs led by Obinoscopy the phaggot. You will get tired of banning...cos I'll unleash 200 hundred variants soon.

I can crash the darn forum and unban myself...don't mess about with someone in the IT field. But the owner will always get a pass cos he's Yoruba. But suck a fat dyck, you little cu.nt.

I should be back with more Yoruba achievers later in the day. Fvck these paigons...I run circles around ya squares.

You are doing a good job Bro Shymexx. You have made huge contribution to this thread.

And to all the motherfvckaz who wanna go down with the fvck.ing mods, fv.ck them too.

God Bless Yorubaland. We Get Mouth Like AK74.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
WIZGUY69:

grin. That would be kinda weird.
I am comfortable with the present situation ; where Yoruba is a compulsory subject in SW secondary schools.

If we don't take that step now, then i fear for the future of Yoruba language.Yoruba was compulsory back when i was in secondary school.We all did NL1 and NL2 yet some of us still struggle with the language.Russia doesn't teach its students with English, same with Germany,same with China,So why are we Yorubas using English language in our schools. If other regions want to adopt Igbo or Hausa languages too, then good for them.Yeah people might talk about the fact that's the language that unites all tribes but should we let that be at the detriment of our language?
Anyone who's not ready to learn the language should go back to his cave

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
modath:

Se ilu oba ni ewa ni?

Mo ro pe ajo n ko pa pelu awon bad belle yi ni? cheesy

Haha mii si ni ilu oba ooo bokanran ilu toronto ni mo wa sugbon mo ma n wa si ile lee kan kan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
adeitoro:

Was that all you can blab ? Omoale concentrate on your ewedu ati amala topic and leave Igbos alone.
Don't die on top Igbo matter.

God bless Nigeria

All right. You have been noticed.

Yes, the door is beautiful. You may go now.

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
zimoni:

All right. You have been noticed.

Yes, the door is beautiful. You may go now.

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahah

Twale egbon.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
Meet Nigeria's Tablet Computer Pioneer ... FORBES
Saheed Adepoju, 28, is co-founder and chief visionary of the Encipher Group, a Nigerian-based technology company that has produced the country’s first tablet computer, ‘Inye’. The word Inye is derived from Nigeria’s Igala language and means ‘Number 1’. Earlier today the Bournemouth University Advanced Computing graduate briefly let me in on his start-up story and spoke about his ambitions for his company.
Recommended by Forbes

What inspired your passion for personal computers?

My love affair started back when I was a mere 13 year-old in high school. I was fascinated by computer games. During my school days I met Anibe Agamah, who would later on become my co-founder at Encipher. We shared floppy disk drives with various games, and after our high school leaving exams we both set out to learn computer programming. We learnt how to code in C-language and Assembl. Anibe had a more artistic inclination and his web skills picked up and mapped out a year later. He also went on to study computer science and acquired an Msc in technology management while I ventured into software engineering.

What’s the story behind Encipher Group, and what was the inspiration for the INYE tablet computer?

Encipher was set up originally in the UK as a company which combined both strengths of the founders: Web application development and software development. This was back in June 2008. We actually set up shop when we got our first web application development job. As time went on, we decided to expand into new territories, hence our decision to branch out to making personal computers. The real inspiration for Encipher INYE is the Apple iPad. With the nature of the operating system the iPad had and its portability, we felt we had an entry point within the Nigerian market with a tablet. I had been having a look at the Android OS [operating system] since its launch in 2008 and I felt that a tablet PC running on Android OS with its open nature provided us an opportunity to get Nigerian developers building applications for it and also provided an alternative product for indigenous consumers.

Tell us about your flagship product-the Inye Tablet Computer.

The Inye tablet comes in 2 specs: INYE-1 was unveiled April 2010 and is a 7-inch resistive screen tablet. It runs android 2.1 and allows a user to connect to the internet using its inbuilt WIFI card and allows a user to also use an external 3G modem from GSM networks. It offers about 3hrs of battery life and allows HDMI output to HDMI capable devices (e.g. TV). It also allows a user to plug USB devices such as external flash drives and keyboards.

INYE-2, which was unveiled in May 2011, is an 8-inch capacitive screen tablet. It runs Android 2.2 and allows a user to connect to the internet using its inbuilt Wi-Fi card as well as using inbuilt SIM [card]. It offers about 8 hours of battery life. It also offers connection to other USB devices such as external flash drives, keyboard and mouse.

What’s your comparative advantage? Are there any special features Encipher tablets have that the iPad, Playbook or other tablets do not possess?

The comparative advantage to the iPad and Playbook is the nature of [operating system] our devices run. The Android OS is seen to be the fastest growing platform currently within the mobile space. The open nature of the OS allows third party developers to build relevant applications for vertical markets which are still relatively untapped at the moment.

How much do your tablets cost, and how many tablets have you sold so far?
continue here...http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/10/18/meet-nigerias-tablet-computer-pioneer/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-18895366

http://nativedge.com/blog/tech-success-interview-with-saheed-adepoju-africas-tablet-pioneer/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
9jacrip:
Let me leave this here

True words man.Make everybody dey go him papa house,we can't be a race without a sovereign nation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

If we don't take that step now, then i fear for the future of Yoruba language.Yoruba was compulsory back when i was in secondary school.We all did NL1 and NL2 yet some of us still struggle with the language.Russia doesn't teach its students with English, same with Germany,same with China,So why are we Yorubas using English language in our schools. If other regions want to adopt Igbo or Hausa languages too, then good for them.Yeah people might talk about the fact that's the language that unites all tribes but should we let that be at the detriment of our language?
Anyone who's not ready to learn the language should go back to his cave
this would only be feasible in a Yoruba sovereign nation..in a Nigeria? Forget it..dont compare Germany and china to Yoruba in this context
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
zimoni:

You are doing a good job Bro Shymexx. You have made huge contribution to this thread.

And to all the motherfuckaz who wanna go down with the Bleep.ing mods, mess them too.

God Bless Yorubaland. We Get Mouth Like AK74.

Brapppppp!!

They're emotional paigons... chi chi man afi burn. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MrMbaM: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
anonimi:

I guess the Americans, Britons, Israelis etc that have created the enabling environment for the yoruba-related people to succeed should also make them 'go by themselves'.

When you point one finger at others, your remaining four fingers are pointing BACK at you, not so

When shall we black people wise up?

Please dont bring your foolishness to this thread, stick to your PDP politics and praise singing of politicians. I beg you, you will only derail this thread with your rubbish. Abeg

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
The Yoruba boy is back.

I've got about 20-30 names to add before I move to Yoruba entrepreneurs, inventors, and academics.

Entrepreneurs/Inventors/Academics should eat at least 10 pages...too many Yorubas are achieving greatness in these fields. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
Seyi Oyesola

Co-inventor of “Hospital-in-a-Box”, a solar-powered, life-saving operating room which can be transported to remote areas of Africa and set up quickly

Although he spent part of his youth in America (including going to high school in Cleveland, OH), Seyi Oyesola’s heart was always in his native country of Nigeria as he dreamed of returning there to become a physician and help his people. After completing high school here, he returned with his family to his homeland where he earned his medical degree and began his internship training. But he soon discovered that on his meager salary as an intern, he could barely afford to maintain his mother’s ageing car. So he left Nigeria for Britain to complete his training, asking himself: “Is this going to be a permanent phenomenon? Will we keep paying doctors in Africa so poorly that they migrate to the U.S. or the United Kingdom?” As he later realized when he began practice as an anesthesiologist and critical care physician, such situations are but microcosms of more serious medical and healthcare problems plaguing Africa. But with determinism and optimism, Seyi is doing his part to make a difference.

Why He’s Important: After being fed up with the deplorable state of emergency medicine that he saw in many remote parts of Africa, Seyi set about to find a way to bring quickly transportable and assembled surgical care to these areas in emergency cases. The answer came when he collaborated with English engineer Alexander Bushell. The pair developed “The CompactOR,” or more popularly known as “Hospital-in-a-Box”– a solar-powered portable operating theatre replete with all the equipment found in a normal operating theatre, including a defibrillator, EKG monitoring, suction, an anesthetic machine, and surgical lighting. The award-winning invention was launched in 2007 and is in use in rural areas of Africa.

Common ailments and injuries (such as trauma, burns and heart attacks) are survivable in developed countries, but kill thousands of Africans each year because basic medical care is often not available. Hospital-in-a-box, powered by solar panels (and if necessary supported by pedal power or from a car battery), can be dropped into inaccessible zones by helicopter and set up quickly.

Current Activities: Dr. Oyesola is Chief Medical Director of the newly-opened Delta State University Teaching Hospital in Nigeria. He is also a director of Practice Ventures (Britain), a company that specializes in the supply and maintenance of high-tech medical equipment to African hospitals. In addition, he has served as senior lecturer at the Imperial College School of Medicine in London.

Education: He completed his Bachelor’s of Science degree and medical degree from the University of Lagos, Nigeria with specialist training in Anesthesia and Critical Care in Britain and the U.S.

In His Own Words: “In serving a cause greater than self, a team is able to produce results in a way that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts,” says Seyi regarding the team approach he likes to take in solving problems.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MrMbaM: 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:
Fvck the Igbotic supermod.

These mofos are catching feelings and getting jealous over my posts on here...and they are trying to stop me loool. Biitch arse nyggahs led by Obinoscopy the phaggot. You will get tired of banning...cos I'll unleash 200 hundred variants soon.

I can crash the darn forum and unban myself...don't mess about with someone in the IT field. But the owner will always get a pass cos he's Yoruba. But suck a fat dyck, you little cu.nt.

I should be back with more Yoruba achievers later in the day. Fvck these paigons...I run circles around ya squares.

Broda, You are doing a good job. I am enjoying your lovely post, ride on broda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
asha80:
this would only be feasible in a Yoruba sovereign nation..in a Nigeria? Forget it

E go be like cartoon for your eyes when your kids start speaking Yoruba better than the Alaafin of Oyo.That one small sef, i hope to see a yorubaland where the cheeks of all migrants will be lacerated with proper Ibadan tribal marks.Una never see chin chin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Let's start with Dele Akinfenwa, Ade Akinfenwa's younger brother. Yes, the same Ade Akinfenwa the footballer and body builder. The beast looool.

[size=14pt]Dele [/size]

Bio
Hailing from the buoyant streets of East London is singer / songwriter Dele, an artist who’s lyrical, sensual style of music immediately envelops you with its thematic reflections on love, human relationships and passion. As you behold his enduring good looks, muscular physic and urbane style, you witness a true star with a vast supply of charisma and class. Dele defines his music as a mix of R ‘n’ B, soul and a touch of dance. He is eclectic, timeless and simultaneously fresh.

At the tender young age of eight, Dele wrote his first song and discovered that he had the ability to move an audience with his voice. Inspired by the soulful tones of Boyz II Men’s musical versatility, and coupled with his siblings support and guidance, Dele’s song writing continued to flourish and strengthened his desire to enter the entertainment world. Through hard work and resilience, Dele kept going using his parents’ living room as a quasi-studio to pen tracks before joining forces with up and coming music producers from the area.

And then in 2008, Dele exploded on to the UK music scene with his debut single ‘EX’, which was a success and reached number seven in the MTV Base Music Chart. ‘EX’ also courted a number of rave reviews from radio stations all over the UK. Further releases included ‘F U Right’ and ‘Feel It’. These tracks have been played on various mainstream radio stations and numerous music video channels such as Kiss TV, MTV Base, and Flava.

Apart from Dele’s song-writing and singing skills, his performances never fail to delight all who witness his prowess. You only need to look upon the screaming girls singling in chorus to his songs whilst concurrently reaching out to touch Dele to realise you are observing someone special. Having already supported the likes of Dru Hill, Joe, Styles P and Blackstreet in notable venues in the UK, Dele also embarked on an international tour across Atlanta, USA.

As an up and coming young star, Dele has that crossover combination of youth and impending maturity that more than compliments his musical style and enhances the undoubted talent he possesses.

Dele and his brother, Ade Akinfenwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MrMbaM: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Ehen! kilonsele

I always gbadun your gif cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
ProfShymex:
The Yoruba boy is back.

I've got about 20-30 names to add before I move to Yoruba entrepreneurs, inventors, and academics.

Entrepreneurs/Inventors/Academics should eat at least 10 pages...too many Yorubas are achieving greatness in these fields. cool
Great bros.So would I...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

E go be like cartoon for your eyes when your kids start speaking Yoruba better than the Alaafin of Oyo.That one small sef, i hope to see a yorubaland where the cheeks of all migrants will be lacerated with proper Ibadan tribal marks.Una never see chin chin

Lol at Ibadan tribal marks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

this is just a feel good statement..as for people speaking a language better than the aborigines that is old nothing new ..it happens west , east ,north and south if one has lived there long enough

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2015
[size=14pt]John Adeleye[/size]

John Adeleye (born 1980) is a British singer from West London, who first became known in the music industry under his stage name J'Nay. As a solo artist, he won a Music of Black Origin Awards (MOBO) for Unsung Artist of the Year[2] for his song "Soul Glo". He released his solo EP Merry Go Round in 2008.

In 2010, Adeleye was working as a care worker prior to taking part in the seventh series of The X Factor and was one of the 16 finalists for the live shows starting 9 October 2010. He was eliminated on 24 October 2010 after week 3 of the live shows, finishing in twelfth place.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
asha80:
this is just a feel good statement..as for people speaking a language better than the aborigines that is old nothing new ..it happens west , east ,north and south if one has lived there long enough

You said its not possible because it sounds unsympathetic to you not because you think its unrealistic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm posting this group cos two of them are Yorubas - skillz and Flawless - and they're iconic as far as UK is concerned.

[size=14pt]Big Brovaz (Skillz and Flawless)[/size]

Skillz

Flawless - the one with the black do-rag

Big Brovaz were a MOBO award-winning R&B and hip hop music group from London, England. In their seven-year career they released two studio albums and eight singles. There were three line-up changes with two of the original members leaving halfway through. In 2006 the popularity of the group was at a low point due to bad press and the only two female members launching their own band Booty Luv which was taking off following the success of their debut single "Boogie 2nite". After their second album failed to chart and with low sales of their last two singles, the band decided to split. In May 2012 the 4 members from the third line-up toured Australia with 3 of the members of S Club, the reunion was short lived with no full tour or new material surfacing.

The group Big Brovaz originally comprised three women, Cherise (half-Jamaican and half-Irish; won the MOBO best unsigned artist in 2000), Dion, Nadia (born in Reading) and three men, J-Rock (real name John Paul Horsley, born in Washington DC), Flawless (real name Tayo Aisida, born in Lagos, Nigeria) and Randy, plus two producers Skillz, also known as JJC (real name Abdul Bello, born in Kano, Nigeria), who also manages his group 419 Squad, and Fingaz. The group was often referred to as a softer version of the So Solid Crew.

The group was brought together by Fingaz, one of the collective's producers, who already worked under the title "Big Brovaz". The "Big Brovaz" team asked the individual members to showcase their talent alongside underground London R&B and hip hop artists on a compilation that was being put together, entitled Big Brovaz - Watching You. On the album, rather than giving each member an individual track, the producers decided to make the artists work together and perform on the same tracks. The chemistry between all of the members developed and so the Big Brovaz compilation album in fact became the group.

The Big Brovaz - Watching You compilation was a highly successful underground release and sold over two thousand copies. The live shows to promote the release built up the reputation of the producers and artists on the record.

A track from the album which featured west London R&B singer Cherise was picked up by the organizer of the annual MOBO award and she was asked to compete in the annual Mobo Unsigned talent competition, walking away with first prize. Cherise was signed and later release her own solo album. Following this, the group was picked up by Sony records.

Female member Cherise released a solo album "Look Inside" before the debut album from Big Brovaz was released. It only spawned one single, however, "2nd Best", while the album won a MOBO award.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by asha80(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

You said its not possible because it sounds unsympathetic to you not because you think its unrealistic
I said impossible to implement in Nigeria where subjects are taught in Yoruba not unrealistic in actually doing it ie teaching in Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kunle Olukotun

Kunle Olukotun is the Cadence Design Systems Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Stanford University and he has been on the faculty since 1991. Olukotun is well known for leading the Stanford Hydra research project which developed one of the first chip multiprocessors with support for thread-level speculation (TLS). Olukotun founded Afara Websystems to develop high-throughput, low power server systems with chip multiprocessor technology. Afara was acquired by Sun Microsystems; the Afara microprocessor technology, called Niagara, is at the center of Sun's throughput computing initiative. Niagara based systems have become one of Sun's fastest ramping products ever. Olukotun is actively involved in research in computer architecture, parallel programming environments and scalable parallel systems. Olukotun currently co-leads the Transactional Coherence and Consistency project whose goal is to make parallel programming accessible to average programmers. Olukotun also directs the Stanford Pervasive Parallelism Lab (PPL) which seeks to proliferate the use of parallelism in all application areas. Olukotun is an ACM Fellow (2006) for contributions to multiprocessors on a chip and multi threaded processor design. He has authored many papers on CMP design and parallel software and recently completed a book on CMP architecture. Olukotun received his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from The University of Michigan.
Details here...http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/winner-suns-big-splash/0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2015
[size=14pt]David Ajala[/size]

[img]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/A24+Cinema+Society+Host+premiere+Locke+Arrivals+g-eD-TxAj-xl.jpg[/img]

Born in Hackney, London.

David Ajala is an actor, known for The Dark Knight (2008), Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Jupiter Ascending (2015).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.