Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (669037 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Rilwayne001: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Musiwa419:
Intresting but unfortunately i just have them on audio CD

All right, I actually downloaded all the one I have here. I will buy the CD whenever I am in Ilorin..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Rilwayne001: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:

He was a Sakara music guy.He and Yusuf Olatunji were in the same band.Check this out,Bbbeautiful song trust me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPRpaLHubU

All right, will check right away.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2015
If you want to know those who are the first class kings in Lagos,that's the song to listen to
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:
Egbon zimoni kilode taa se wa ri yin lana

Atiwipe, emi ki i se egbon oooooo.

Omo ogbon odun ati die ni mi. Aburo yin ni mo n se.

Oodua a gbe wa. Ire oooooooo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Rilwayne001: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:
If you want to know those who are the first class kings in Lagos,that's the song to listen to

That was Yusuf Olatunji, isn't it?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2015
zimoni:

E ku osan gbogbo ile.

Mo ki yin Alagba Aareonakakanfo.

Boolu af'esegba ni mo n tele lori brilafm ni ale ana nigba ti mo n se ise amurele ti oga mi fun mi ni ofiisi. Awon alainikanse onimoero t'onmuleduro sese fun mi awonran ise na ni l'ana, oga mi si ni dandan ni ki ni ki n pari le ni oni.

O dun mi ti mi o le wa dara po mo yin ni ori ero ayelukara l'ana.

Ma a wa ni ori ero ayelukara l'ale oni.

Ede yoruba gba'yi pupo. Ede yoruba rewa pupo.

Iyi lo je fun mi la ti je omo yoruba.

Oodua a gbe wa ooooooo.

Aare, mo fe gba yin ni imonran ki e je ki won tesiwaju lati ma se afihan itan igbesi aye awon omo yoruba ti won n se daradara ni oke okun. E je ki won te siwaju, ko ba tireedi yi je rara.

Eyi t'oku di ale.

Ire oooooooooo.

Emi naa fowosi wipe ko si ma se afihan igbesi aye awon omo yooba sugbon e lero wipe oye ka soro ni pa itesiwaju awon ilu ile yooba ka ba lemo sofintoto awon gomina wa.Won si le maa se sugbon ki won din kun die.Ki awon yooba towa ni le se afihan ise ti awon gomina wa n se
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:

That was Yusuf Olatunji, isn't it?

No that's lefty salami
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:

Emi naa fowosi wipe ko si ma se afihan igbesi aye awon omo yooba sugbon e lero wipe oye ka soro ni pa itesiwaju awon ilu ile yooba ka ba lemo sofintoto awon gomina wa.Won si le maa se sugbon ki won din kun die.Ki awon yooba towa ni le se afihan ise ti awon gomina wa n se

Oro le so.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 29, 2015
zimoni:

Atiwipe, emi ki i se egbon oooooo.

Omo ogbon odun ati die ni mi. Aburo yin ni mo n se.

Oodua a gbe wa. Ire oooooooo.

Ha agba le yin oo.omo ogbon odun kii se omo kekere.Aa si ma pe yin legbon ooo.ati wipe mo ma n pon awon eyan le laifiyesi ojo ori won.Ko se yi to kan mi pelu ojo ori eni kankan

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Rilwayne001: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:

No that's lefty salami
Sounds more like Yusuf Olatunji.
Listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CKyNN9g1bM
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Sounds more like Yusuf Olatunji.

Listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CKyNN9g1bM

Yeah its the same style.The same sakara music
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:

Ha agba le yin oo.omo ogbon odun kii se omo kekere.Aa si ma pe yin legbon ooo.ati wipe mo ma n pon awon eyan le laifiyesi ojo ori won.Ko se yi to kan mi pelu ojo ori eni kankan

Rerin.

O ti dara.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Rilwayne001: 1:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:

Yeah its the same style.The same sakara music

Ahh! Now I get it. smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
FG, States, LGs Share N390bn as Revenue Drops Further

Allocations to the federal government and the various states of the federation declined further in the month of September, as revenue continued to drop due to declining prices of oil in the global market.

A total of N389.936 billion was shared by the three tiers of government at the meeting of the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) for September, representing a drop of N52.670 billion from N442.606 billion that was shared in August.

Briefing journalists after the FAAC meeting in Abuja last night, the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Anastasia Nwaobia, said the gross total revenue received for September was lower than N369.140 billion received in the previous month by N47.144 billion adding that revenue from crude oil and gas was negatively impacted in August 2015 due to a shut down for production maintenance at different periods at the oil terminals.

She also disclosed that there was a revenue loss of $32.07 million as a result of drop in the average price of crude oil from $56.76 t0 $47.32 in August, noting that the current revenue challenge was further worsened with a decline of over N44 billion in non-oil revenue collections.

“The distributable statutory revenue for the month is N321.996 billion. The sum of N6.330 billion was refunded by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to the Federal Government of Nigeria. Also, there is the exchange gain of N5.211 billion which is proposed for distribution. The total revenue distributable for the current month including VAT is N389.936 billion,” she said.

Nwaobia, who disclosed that the Excess Crude Account (ECA) still remained stagnant at $2.257bn, stated that the committee was worried by the increasingly declining revenue profile of the country but was hopeful that the situation would improve with time due to a combination of measures being put in place to diversify the economy.

She noted that declining revenue was a global phenomenon not peculiar to Nigeria alone.

According to her, various countries of the world are facing economic headwind, noting that in the case of Nigeria, the federal government was aware of the situation and was adopting various measures to stem the trend.

The permanent secretary who pointed out that volatility in oil prices was the main cause of Nigeria’s problem, stated that apart from trying to diversify the economy, the government had engaged consultants, McKinsey to improve its tax administration.

Nwaobia said with improved tax administration, more revenue could be raked in from various private concerns dotting the nation’s landscape, even as she pointed out that emphasis was also being placed on the mining sector where a lot of illegal activities hold sway.

On Value Added Tax (VAT) accruals, which she said was low, Nwaobia stated that the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) was looking into the issue.

While noting that matters discussed at the FAAC meeting included reports of revenue collection agencies which were read and adopted, as well as the military pensions report, she revealed that first and second quarter capital disbursements had been made but did not give the figures.

According to her, most of the ministries, agencies and departments (MDAs) had already accessed the releases.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-states-lgs-share-n390bn-as-revenue-drops-further/224068/

Eyin ara ile ki le ri so se leyi

Ilekehd,Shymm3x,mayoroflagos,modath,jstbeinhonest,zimoni,superstar1,coolitempa,django1,OkutaNla,ERODEDEAST,scholes0,funjosh,
veraponpo,aigbofa,ritchiee,jstbeinhonest,TyHadebimpe,firefire,emilokoiyawon.IyaIode,Musiwa419,tunde1200,jaymichael

princemilla,9jacrip,Wizguy69,delpee,wytecat,quimicababes,sanmibukunmi,anulaxad,segend,hinohsend,aresa,okutanla,totit,segend,
FFKfuckedBIANCA,SUBWAY101,Mrmbam,Okolochyke,
PrincessJaneDoe,forgiveness,PassingShot,theV0ice,Rilwayne001,teamchocolate,tonytony208,angiography

laudate,orlandoowoh,missy89,flyoruboy,razid,abuklaw,aresa,yemaldo,oduastates,YoruBanger,Arogunmasa

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
Too bad we'll have to endure this.Common sense! On the positive side

Ogun Agency Generates N13bn In 8 Months

Mr Babajide Odubanjo, the Chairman, Ogun Internal Revenue Service (OGIRS), on Wednesday said that the agency generated N13. 2 billion between January and August.

Odubanjo said this during a visit to his office by the Ogun House of Assembly’s Committee on Finance and Appropriation in Abeokuta as part of its oversight functions.

The chairman said that the amount was part of the N24.5 billion revenue projected for the period.

He said the revenue was generated from: personal income tax, property tax, road tax, pools, lottery, withholding tax and levies.

Odubanjo said this amount represented 54 per cent of the cumulative target of N24.5billion.

He said that the N13.2billion revenue surpassed the cumulative collection for the corresponding period in 2014 which was N11.9billion by N1.3billion.

The chairman explained that paucity of fund and non-payment of operational running costs as at when due had continued to hinder the effective discharge of revenue collectors’ duties.

“It is pertinent to state that only eight out of 34 tax stations had vehicles to effectively monitor and embark on aggressive tax drive,” he said.

He promised that the agency would continue to improve on its revenue generation drive by creating more awareness among the people on the need for them to pay their taxes as and when due.

The House Committee Chairman, Mr Olusola Bankole, urged the agency to improve on its revenue generation, adding that the assembly would ensure that the agency got the necessary equipment to enhance its work.

Bankole advised the agency to support the government and also carry the assembly along in its activities.

He said that for the state to boost its revenue generation, the government must provide enough mobility for people to drive the project.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the committee also visited the Ministry of Budget and Planning.(NAN)

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-states-lgs-share-n390bn-as-revenue-drops-further/224068/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2015
This is good though considering the fact that the one below is for 2014.I expect south-west states to post higher figures for 2015.Ogun state and Ondo state especially

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by veraponpo(m): 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
modath:

E kaaro ooo (fun awa ti a wa ni ile)

Eeyin ti oke okun, e ku deede asiko ti ewa lowolowo?

I'm sorry i missed the yoruba hour,i slept off... smiley

Oni ma yato... Alarm tinz.

Good one from you
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Hahaha back to English

All of you who ran away,clap for yourselves grin grin cheesy Ilekehd especially

grin Emi ko si sa oo. Nkan to sele ni yi, Ni wakati ye, mo'n wo aworan eri a fi ese gba, lari Man city ati Crystal palace. Boya ni asa-ale eyi, ma gbiyanju lati da'kun e'to ka fon oro ni Yoruba, ni won ba ti'n mo. To, mo ki yiin gbogbo grin

Lahi! I don die.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
Musiwa419:
I really like this man. I have four of his album : Aropin N'tenia, Ewe Nla, Jaiyesinmi and Yoruba Ronu. My favorite tracks are : Orin Igbade, Orin Irubo, Awo Meje Imule, Ipade Awon Aiye, Odun Ela, Obanta Ogborangunluda, Igbo Ogidikoko etc. I can listen to them over and over again
My friends get scared each time they hear me play Ogunde's songs. I read somewhere that he is the first to have a film village in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Why now! my cabbieAC account has just been banned by the spambot
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2015
CabbieAC:

He was a Sakara music guy.He and Yusuf Olatunji were in the same band.Check this out,Bbbeautiful song trust me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IPRpaLHubU
E ti se ise takutakun l'ori awon ojogbon ile kaaro ojire to wa n'ile alawo funfun; e mi fe ka se awon ayewo (research) l'ori awon elere oritage ati awon olorin ibile. E sise l'ori: Kola Ogunmola, Hubert Ogunde, Ligali Mukaiba, Odolaye Aremu, Elemure Ogunyemi, Roy Chicago, egbe oritage Mbari Mbayo, Yusuf Olatunji, Wale Glorious (Ologo), Haruna Ishola, Victor Olaiya, Ambrose Campbell, Ayinla Omowura, ati bebe lo.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
totit:
Baga iropo grin.., first picture

Below ogun state real estate

shocked shocked where in Ogun state?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Missy89(f): 2:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
skyline123:

Du yin ba - Meaning?

What dialect is that?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
forgiveness:

shocked shocked where in Ogun state?

Berger iropo
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 3:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
MO KI GBOGBO ILE O.Eku asan.You are all doing a swell job here.May God bless you all.This is a thread that should take up 98 percent of my time but.. ALAS...I am very much indisposed timewise but I would be chipping in my little bits occasionally.
I DOFF MY ABETI AJA FOR YOU ALL-aareonakankanfo,shymexx,ilekehd,princemilla,9jacrip,Wizguy69,delpee,wytecat,quimicababes,sanmibukunmi,anulaxad,segend,hinohsend,aresa,okutanla,totit,segend,FFKfuckedBIANCA,SUBWAY101,Mrmbam,Okolochyke,
PrincessJaneDoe,forgiveness,PassingShot,theV0ice,Rilwayne001,teamchocolate,tonytony208

laudate,orlandoowoh,missy89,flyoruboy,aresa,yemaldo,oduastates,YoruBanger,Arogunmasa,zimoni,anomini(the almost lone voice in the wilderness...cool it down,dad)and all others too important and numerous to mention.
KUDOS..
REMEMBER THAT: A YORUBA IS A POTENTIAL SUCCESS.
I DOFF MY HAT ONCE MORE...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
Knowing that the South west dominates the ICT sector of the Nigerian economy,it would be wise and appropriate for us to deal with the problem of SEED FUNDING,ANGEL FUNDING ETC...
Read this....

Samson Abioye found himself in what is familiar territory for most African entrepreneurs towards the second half of last year: he was struggling to find anyone to finance his “great idea”. Banks would not touch pass.ng, his mobile app to help Nigerian students cram for an important university exam.

Then in October he secured $20,000 from 440ng, a joint venture between Africa-focused seed funders L5Lab from Lagos and Nairobi-based 88mph. 440ng took a 25 per cent stake in pass.ng, which charges students the equivalent of $1 a week or $2.50 a month for access to revision materials.

Luckily Mr Abioye’s operation was lean — he is both chief executive and the de facto chief technical officer — and so the funds kept pass.ng afloat until the beginning of this year when L5Lab awarded him a further $25,000, this time in return for another 10 per cent of the equity.

The financing helped pass.ng to be prepared for the crucial February-to-March period ahead of university exams in Nigeria. “So we managed to break even in February and in March we made $60,000 in revenue,” says Mr Abioye. “In April, after the revision peak we still made $30,000 and since we didn’t want to have down time we started developing other products.”

Mr Abioye appears to be set on the road to success. “We’re in partnership with a telephone company, Airtel Nigeria, which is promoting us and we have plans to go international — to expand to Ghana, Togo and Ivory Coast,” he says.

“Next year we’ll probably be looking for $1m,” he adds, to help finance further expansion.

In May of this year, Kenya-based Chloé Spoerry was arguably in even more dire straits. With help from 88mph she had restarted HiviSasa.com, a twice-failed local-level news service, and was having to finance the company using her own money.

She was willing to take such a risky step because she had two interested investors: Novastar Ventures, a Nairobi-based venture capital company, and the Omidyar Network, a philanthropic investment firm set up by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, but the due diligence was taking months.

“We ran out of money at the end of January but I decided to keep going because we never got the red light from the investors, the process was just long and slow,” she says.

Her perseverance was repaid when, at the beginning of June, the investors signed off on $450,000 of funding in return for a 40 per cent stake in the company.
"A lot of people have money to invest but they don’t understand the investments.

Until recently, many of the successful start-ups, such as iCow, an app, which connects farmers with agricultural, market and meteorological data, often relied on organisations such as foreign governments’ aid departments or charities such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

But that is changing. Kresten Buch, a co-founder of 88mph, says that while the amount of corporate venture seed funding available to the many African start-ups emerging almost everyday is “tiny” compared with elsewhere in the world, it is nonetheless increasing.

“There’s a realisation that there are so many programmes and businesses out there [investors’] business models are changing,” he says.

Having said that, most of the money invested in start-ups is from abroad. “There’s some local venture capital in South Africa and Nigeria but in Kenya and elsewhere it’s mostly foreign.”

“A lot of people have money to invest but they don’t understand the investment. They like to invest in things they understand. But as more companies taste success that will change. It’s just a matter of time.”

Aly-Khan Satchu, a Nairobi-based business adviser, agrees. “African pools of capital predominantly [come from] tech-type people. But it’s only going to take one of these companies to be sold for a tipping point to be reached and that will change.”

Fundz, a vehicle bridging investment and start-ups in Africa, has provided seed funding to entrepreneurs in Nigeria, Kenya, Cameroon and Togo. David Mark, the chief executive and founder, believes that there is a big shift going on in terms of finances.

“Traditional financing is going to be dominating the show for the foreseeable future but democratisation of financing is happening,” he says.

Mr Buch has noticed that one feature of the new funding models is that elements of the corporate model are creeping in, with banks such as Barclays starting venture capital entities.

For people looking to invest in African enterprises, Mr Mark believes the key is to keep a strong connection to the venture. “As a start-up owner, you don’t just want an investor, you want to have someone who’s going to have an input as well,” he says.

Mr Buch says another “critical factor”, in those countries where he has selected enterprises to invest in, is the deregulation of the telecoms sector.

“In South Africa, it has made cheaper phone rates and cheaper smart phones. These countries are investing in infrastructure and that’s where people have access to products.”

Mr Abioye hopes to be one of those entrepreneurs who will eventually help trigger the financing tipping point.

“I see a public listing in about six years’ time,” he says, but cautions: “It will take a lot of hard work.”
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Ritchiee:
MO KI GBOGBO ILE O.Eku asan.You are all doing a swell job here.May God bless you all.This is a thread that should take up 98 percent of my time but.. ALAS...I am very much indisposed timewise but I would be chipping in my little bits occasionally.
I DOFF MY ABETI AJA FOR YOU ALL-aareonakankanfo,shymexx,ilekehd,princemilla,9jacrip,Wizguy69,delpee,wytecat,quimicababes,sanmibukunmi,anulaxad,segend,hinohsend,aresa,okutanla,totit,segend,FFKfuckedBIANCA,SUBWAY101,Mrmbam,Okolochyke,
PrincessJaneDoe,forgiveness,PassingShot,theV0ice,Rilwayne001,teamchocolate,tonytony208
laudate,orlandoowoh,missy89,flyoruboy,aresa,yemaldo,oduastates,YoruBanger,Arogunmasa,zimoni,anomini(the almost lone voice in the wilderness...cool it down,dad)and all others too important and numerous to mention.
KUDOS..
REMEMBER THAT: A YORUBA IS A POTENTIAL SUCCESS.
I DOFF MY HAT ONCE MORE...

E seun. grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by wytecat: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
I'm with you on that!
It's the spirit! grin
WIZGUY69:

Proud to be a Yoruba man! wink
I once told my Romania friends that : if I should reincarnate, and my country is still Nigeria; I will gladly choose Yoruba as my tribe/race with all sincerity!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oloyesaso(m): 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2015

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
For some of us who are not really into startups and do not know what is meant by seedfunding...READ THIS:

[b]What Are Seed Investment Funding Options For Startups In Nigeria?

Seed investment funding or seed money, sometimes known as seed funding is the money needed or used to set up a new business.Ok, now you have a million dollar idea, you have written a very detailed and comprehensive business plan, you are so excited that you can hardly wait to see your business grow and become successful. Suddenly, you are hit with the hard reality of very little or no capital at all.

Seed Investment Funding Getting funds or capital for your startup is an essential factor for its launch. Even though many entrepreneurs, investors and business owners may argue that money is not the most important thing for a startup, its importance cannot be over-emphasized because you’ll need it to run a successful business.

According to statistics showing various seed money options by Businessideaslab.com:

Personal Funds (Personal credit) – 34.9%
Friends and family – 11.29%
Venture Capital – 4.14%
Angel Investors – 3.76%
Banks – 2.63%
Crowd Funding – 0.96%

From the statistics above, you have seen that the highest percentage of seed money is from personal funding and second to family and friends. Hence, I will be writing about seed investment funding for startups in Nigeria except friends and family.

1. Grants:

Grant is an amount of money given to an individual or business for a specific project (startup). Grants could come from the government, international organizations or NGOs. Getting a grant to fund your startup is not always an easy task but with thoughtful strategies you could get it easily and quickly.

There are many grants in Nigeria, below are few of them:

Youth Employment in Agriculture Program (YEAP)
Grofin.com
The Ford Foundation
Shell LiveWIRE Nigeria
African Entrepreneurship Program (AEP)
Africa Innovation Award (AIA)

2. Crowd Funding:

According to Wikipedia, it is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically from the internet.
In a clear and simple term by Fundable.com, Crowdfunding is a way of raising finance by asking a large number of people each for a small amount of money.
In Nigeria many people are not familiar with the term. Even some bankers and finance personnel do not understand crowdfunding. Despite the challenges facing crowdfunding in Africa (Nigeria) like trust and lack of understanding of the relatively new concept of crowdfunding, there are crowdfunding platforms focusing on African Startup.

We have:

JumpstartAfrica
Akabbo.ug
FundaSolva
PushandStart
StartCrunch
NigeriaCrowdfunding
CFundin

3. Business Plan Competition:

Many organizations offer business plan competitions and award to encourage and help entrepreneurs with innovative business ideas to grow their startup or growing business. Some of these organizations are:

Anzishaprize.org
IsDB Business Plan Competition
Development Innovation Ventures
BID Network
Argidius-ANDE Finance Challenge (AAFC)
Business Plan Competitions (BPC)
African Diaspora Marketplace
The African Innovative Prize
Ernst & Young
Innovation Prize for Africa (IPA)

Get more details about these business plan competitions at AfterSchoolAfrica.com

4. Strategic Investors:

Strategic Investors can be companies or individuals who invest in startups to either solve a problem they currently face or to expand into a new market. Large corporations, such as State Street, IBM, Intel and Lucent have venture arms that invest in startups (according to Forbes).

This may not be easy for an average entrepreneur in Nigeria to come by but then you can always try it out and if it doesn’t help your startup, quit.

5. Co-Founders:

It is wise to find a cofounder who has complementary capabilities based on the business model you want to implement. That way, your startup would be more self-sufficient and that means you wouldn’t spend so much because you’ll be hiring very few people.

6. Angel Investor:

This does not mean angel from heaven who invests in business.

According to MyTopBusinessIdeas.com:

“An Angel Investor (or angel) is a high net-worth individual who typically invests in and supports startup companies (brand new ideas by existing companies in their early stage of growth, with the aim of achieving higher returns than the typical public markets provide”.

Many entrepreneurs agree with the fact that angel investing is one of the best strategies for raising equity capital because of its flexibility in deal structuring and financial decisions but as a Nigerian entrepreneur you may be unable to locate angel investors in the country. So you can also look out for foreign angels who are interested in investing in Nigeria.

Notable Investment Firms in the US are:

New York Angels Inc, New York City
Ohio Tech Angel Funds, Columbus, Ohio
Hyde Park Angel Network, Chicago
Golden Seeds LLC, New York City

Notable Angel Investment Firms in Africa

TBL Mirror Fund
eVA Fund
West African Synergies
Africa Media Ventures Fund
Jacana Partners
Angel Investment Network
Fanisi Capital
Adlero Capital
Invenfin Venture Capital
East Africa Capital Fund Partners (EACFP)

(As seen in AnswersAfrica.com)

7. Venture Capitals:

Also known as Venture Capital Firms, Venture Capitalists or VCs. This is made up of Companies of many investors who are willing to fund high risk, high potential startups in return for a certain Percentage of shares in the company.

Honestly, getting funds from VCs is usually very tough because they are seasoned investors that know the intricacies of startup, investing and running businesses who want nothing less than result or ROI. If you think you’ve got a good business idea that can stand the scrutiny of Venture Capitalists, go for it and don’t look back.

Notable Venture Capital Firms in Nigeria according to MyTopBusinessIdeas.com

Vetiva Capital
Solid Rock Securities and Investment Limited, Lagos
New Devco Investment and Securities Limited, Lagos
Riggs Ventures West Africa Limited, Lagos
Best Future Integrate Investment Limited, Lagos
Profound Securities Limited, Lagos
Osprey Investments Nigeria Limited, Abuja
Webar Limited, Abuja
Disok International Limited, Kaduna

You may try all this options and fail but that doesn’t mean you have the worst business idea on earth. The world is full of great ideas already but only short of great business men. You know there’s always a way out of every tough situation and you can’t afford to give up now.

If you try all these options mentioned above and fail, there are other creative ways to raise money for your startup such as, starting on a very small scale that you can afford to fund, you can start making money from day one of your business or get a temporary job to fund your startup.ICT IS THE IN-THING NOW BUT FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN LOVE WITH VOCATIONS AND CRAFTS,I IMPLORE THEM TO THINK ABOUT PACKAGING...If you don't know how to package your biz,come to this thread and let everybody know your problem and God would do wonders in our lives... [/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.