Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,117 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) - Education (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) (58167 Views)

The Public Administrators Thread(Official) / Any Sociologist Here?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by RobinHez(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2015
Babice:
check your mail,thanks
U're welcome wink
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2015
Babice:
i dont know about lasu sha but since Eleniyan15 said no,then thats it

for instance in unilag
.econ and comm
them no go accept am @ OL

it either you are disqualified or given another course
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2015
Babice:
alryt,check your mail
I've done that. So na so you cute reach
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
Been awhile i passed down this alley, Happy New Year coursemates
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
me sef
oya eyin Temi....
NASS
I hail ooo
Happy NEWYEAR
TeamSucessThis1stSemester
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by mcjeezy(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
Pls I need some help I'm applying for sociology to uniben ds year I nid. To know result requirement for both jamb and waec
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
mcjeezy:
Pls I need some help I'm applying for sociology to uniben ds year I nid. To know result requirement for both jamb and waec

Babice would help you

just know your jamb combo it

math English government and economics
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by mcjeezy(m): 12:00am On Jan 06, 2016
Ok thanks ill be happy if he. Does help cos ill need to know abt d department ill b entering into..
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Resodielle(f): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2016
Been a while Dearies, Happy new year everyone!!!
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 9:21am On Feb 03, 2016
happy new year!!!!!
longest tym
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by GetOvaMe: 8:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
*Clears Cobwebs*

Evening fam...

Trust Sociology is treating y'all good?

So much so, that y'all decided to abandon this thread.

So.. What sociology textbooks are u reading?

Anthony Giddens Sociology.

Themes and Perspectives by Haralambos....

Let's know 'em.

Cc: Babice, Free101, Resodielle, Eleniyan15, EseBosun, SuperNover.. Yaungdee et all
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 9:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
GetOvaMe:
*Clears Cobwebs*

Evening fam...

Let's know 'em.

Cc: Babice, Free101, Resodielle, Eleniyan15, EseBosun, SuperNover.. Yaungdee et all

d thread still intact...anyway I dey try get dah haralambos own but I have one (foreign author) and two odas by lai olurode
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by hero10(m): 5:53am On Mar 03, 2016
Babice:
Hero10,check ur mail
whats up babice, its been long i open this thread. i didnt see the mail u sent. can i have your whatsapp digit?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2016
Exam knocking

Thread won't just die like that It should not ooo cool
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 10:06am On Apr 13, 2016
Notable scholars

Auguste Comte(1798-1857)

Auguste comte was a french philosopher and sociologist..was the founder of sociology, which he at a time called science of social engineering(social physics)..his quest was to bring all other social sciences under one umbrella. However, he propounded positivism. A method that can be used to study the society..he was the proponent of the famous theory "structural functionalism" which is used to analyse large scale social structures and institutions..he came about this as a result of his quest to return order to the society. This is because he was a witness of the french revolution..he also postulated the laws of three stages..according to the great comte, the society and the human mind has evolved through three stages: the theological, the metaphysical, and the empirical...theological wen a man is a staunch believer, religion decides..metaphysical, the stage of great thinking and finally empirical wen a man has grown into a philosopher..

Herbert spencer (1820-1903)

He was an english philosopher, and sociologist. Who was born in derby, England..he is fondly called the english version of the great Aristotle. His impact in sociology was enormous..he is notable for his work "survival of the fittest" which he borrowed from the great biologist charles darwin. That is, social darwinism "theory of natural selection"..herbert spencer made use of this phrase to emphasize that the rich are rich becos they worked hard for it and that the poor av been poor becos they are lazy..so therefore the rich shud not render help to the poor becos it is wrong to do so. That the weak and unfit should be allowed to die out while the strong and vibrant will survive. Anoda of his contribution is the organismic theory he borrowed from biology..which believes an organism is constitutes an interrelated parts working together for the perfect functioning of the organism as a whole. And dat any part dat fails to perform its role will endanger the overall performance of the organism this he applied to the society, saying all structures in the society works together for the betterment of the society as a whole dat any dysfunction in any of the parts will threaten the performance of the society
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by ajosegabriel(m): 12:22am On Apr 27, 2016
Eleniyan15:
Notable scholars

Auguste Comte(1798-1857)

Auguste comte was a french philosopher and sociologist..was the founder of sociology, which he at a time called science of social engineering(social physics)..his quest was to bring all other social sciences under one umbrella. However, he propounded positivism. A method that can be used to study the society..he was the proponent of the famous theory "structural functionalism" which is used to analyse large scale social structures and institutions..he came about this as a result of his quest to return order to the society. This is because he was a witness of the french revolution..he also postulated the laws of three stages..according to the great comte, the society and the human mind has evolved through three stages: the theological, the metaphysical, and the empirical...theological wen a man is a staunch believer, religion decides..metaphysical, the stage of great thinking and finally empirical wen a man has grown into a philosopher..

He was an english philosopher, and sociologist. Who was born in derby, England..he is fondly called the english version of the great Aristotle. His impact in sociology was enormous..he is notable for his work "survival of the fittest" which he borrowed from the great biologist charles darwin. That is, social darwinism "theory of natural selection"..herbert spencer made use of this phrase to emphasize that the rich are rich becos they worked hard for it and that the poor av been poor becos they are lazy..so therefore the rich shud not render help to the poor becos it is wrong to do so. That the weak and unfit should be allowed to die out while the strong and vibrant will survive. Anoda of his contribution is the organismic theory he borrowed from biology..which believes an organism is constitutes an interrelated parts working together for the perfect functioning of the organism as a whole. And dat any part dat fails to perform its role will endanger the overall performance of the organism this he applied to the society, saying all structures in the society works together for the betterment of the society as a whole dat any dysfunction in any of the parts will threaten the performance of the society
Nice one bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by ajosegabriel(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2016
Eleniyan15:
me sef

oya eyin Temi....

NASS

I hail ooo

Happy NEWYEAR

TeamSucessThis1stSemester
longest time bro... Abegi you fit help me with lasu post utme past question or u fit help me get for ur school... My mail harjorsehgabriel@yahoo.com
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by ajosegabriel(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2016
Eleniyan15:
Notable scholars

Auguste Comte(1798-1857)

this guy don jack soc101 and 102 die..
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by ajosegabriel(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2016
GetOvaMe:
*Clears Cobwebs*

Evening fam...

Let's know 'em.

the one and only book for ui soc dept....i sight you sir
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
GetOvaMe:
*Clears Cobwebs*

Evening fam...

Let's know 'em.

Hello family,been long av been in here,my phone got spoilt,so wat semester are u guys in?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
Babice:
Hello family,been long av been in here,my phone got spoilt,so wat semester are u guys in?

smiles

☺ longest tym
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
mcjeezy:
Ok thanks ill be happy if he. Does help cos ill need to know abt d department ill b entering into..
its a 'she'
anyway wats d news?
How are u still pursuing ur admission?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
@ eleniyan and somzi,am very sorry i cant access my email now so i cant view ur messages
so make una no vex
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
Babice:
@ eleniyan and somzi,am very sorry i cant access my email now so i cant view ur messages
so make una no vex
Wow, this thread is dead oo
What's happening now?
Where are we now scholars?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 12:35am On Oct 20, 2016
Babice:
Wow, this thread is dead oo What's happening now? Where are we now scholars?
maybe schools no give people admin for soc again or them run for the course
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
[/s] undecided

is this thread dead

GetOvaMe

ajosegabriel

Babice, Free101, Resodielle, EseBosun, SuperNover, Donshemzy1234
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
Where my babice
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
Eleniyan15:
[/s] undecided

is this thread dead

GetOvaMe
ajosegabriel
Babice, Free10.1, Resodielle, EseBosun, SuperNover, Donshemzy1234
I dey sleep oo
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
Free101:
I dey sleep oo
[/S]
longest time bro you just leave this thread waka go
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
Eleniyan15:
[/S]
longest time bro you just leave this thread waka go
No be so bro, na just things plenty for man pikin head
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:29am On Dec 18, 2016
Free101:
Where my babice
am here dear Hw u doing? u missed me?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:30am On Dec 18, 2016
Eleniyan15:

maybe schools no give people admin for soc again or them run for the course
U funny sha
Missed you

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / English Sentences That Sound Crazy But Are Actually Correct / List Of Universities That Accept 120 Cut-Off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.