Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) (58425 Views)

The Public Administrators Thread(Official) / Any Sociologist Here?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

abi nah

I do pity some economics student
Them dey suffer no be small ooo....too much mathematics makes the brain dull #my_opinion
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

hmmmmm
so you have not resume #unijos
my brother....Almighty ASUU (Unijos Chapter) went on strike last week Thursday ooo
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:
I guess in U.I

it's sociology & anthropology

but in lasu and unilag sociology its a department on it own

I don't really know how both of them are interwoven

All Nass on NL should try let this thread be alive

The challenges about this course, cause sociology I feel it a non-professional course

Let Rub mind Together

Here in Unijos its Sociology and Anthropology. The department is known as "Sociology department" and the Association is callled NSASA (Nigerian Sociology and Anthropology Student Association).
Soc. and Anthro. are interwoven together because they borth study the society
Soc. initially emerged to study the "Industrial West" while Anthro existed long before Soc. to study the "Non-Industrialized Society" which may also refer to a society without written literature.
Their method of data collection are even very different. Soc. deals with questionnaires, sampling and statistical techniques, Anthro deals with Ethnography (google the word!).
although they are interwoven....they are two different fields which yoy can major in. For us in Unijos here...Anthropology is only dealt in year one.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

yup

lasu

so what the reason behind you opt for sociology as a course to study in the university!!!!!

or you just want to do the course like that.. no particular reason

The reason why am asking this question is that have asked alot of people, there response is that they just wana study of he course, that they don't know anything about it And it a great shock to me, how can you wake up one morning and say you want to study a course and you don't know the essence of the course!!!!

#NigeriansForYou
Sociology was never a course I had in mind to study, as a matter of fact, while registering my jamb, I was show the top four social science courses, Everybody was opting for Pol. Sci so i decided against it.
Economics? I hate maths!
Psychology? I hate mind and brain gigs
Sociology? Yes! Because I thought it was devoid of anything mathematical (even though I later found out I was wrong)
Along the way...I wanted changing to Pol. Sci. because I wanted to go into the Military (didn't pass the NDA exams I went for which a opted for a degree in Pol Sci) but my uncle who was learned told me Sociology was the best if really I wanted to be in the military and am loving it!

2 Likes

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

wink

have you done your clearance

when are you resuming!!!!

Yeah i've done clearance and 13th Feb. 2016(liable to change) has been fixed for resumption.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

cool have not done my clearance also we resuming Early Dec
clearance schedule nov30

why haven't you done your clearance
no money 4 now,lera
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

he works @ Ikeja
alausa
wat department,can u plz be specific?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

your right bro

non lover of math also, I wonder y babice want math more
coz av always loved maths,rily wish sociology has a lot of maths,i wud av realy loved it
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

math,yu mst b kidding me

eeehhh

one man's food is another man poison!!!!!

yah d course it awesum...am falling for it
lolz.....................yap i lov maths,my maths teacher made me lov it
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Which school? You do need it too, i mean the scholarship right?
uniben.....................sure i need it man

1 Like

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Free101:

Maybe he should have gone for Economics......lol
hehehe #amagirl.....................economics huh?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Just Sociology, professional or not, it's something we use to effect on the world.
in uniben,its sociology and anthropology
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
hero10:
I rep Sociology and Criminology department, Osun State University. 300l
hehehe.....................our senior,has osun state uni resumed?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:

I just know about the Nigerian Trend where people want to enter socioty but with almost nothing to give, everyone wants a job but when given a job they seem lost and confuse.

Oboy my department is just flooded with ladies and mehn i'm in for a long sensual ride. grin
eh.....................wat do u mean?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Eleniyan15: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
no money 4 now,lera

i don't really get you!!!
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 6:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eleniyan15:

i don't really get you!!!
i mean,i dnt have d money 4 d clearance now
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by drseunzy(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Yeah i've done clearance and 13th Feb. 2016(liable to change) has been fixed for resumption.
U.I abi
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
uniben.....................sure i need it man
Babice a gal?

Everyone needs some sort of back up.

And that too will help me through as to maintain the cash flow, i'd maintain a high CGPA, but money aint my primary aim to maintain high grades though.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
in uniben,its sociology and anthropology
It Doesn't change a thing na
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
drseunzy:

U.I abi
Yeah! But it hasn't been made certain.

What institution are you in? And what level?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Babice a gal?

Everyone needs some sort of back up.

And that too will help me through as to maintain the cash flow, i'd maintain a high CGPA, but money aint my primary aim to maintain high grades though.
ok,yap #amagirl
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
It Doesn't change a thing na
yap,i knw it doesnt
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
yap,i knw it doesnt
Babice:
ok,yap #amagirl
Hmm! Glad to share knowlegde with ya, ***
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Hmm! Glad to share knowlegde with ya, ***
wat do u mean by u're in 4 a long sensual ride becos of d ladies in ur department?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
coz av always loved maths,rily wish sociology has a lot of maths,i wud av realy loved it
lol....Statistics is waiting for you....when you get to year 2, you might end up having what you are bargaining for

1 Like

Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
hehehe #amagirl.....................economics huh?
Am really sorry. I concluded without any research or evidence that you were a dude which bad fof a Sociologist. Am really sorry Miss/Mrs. Babice. *slapping myself for getting it wrong*
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Free101:

lol....Statistics is waiting for you....when you get to year 2, you might end up having what you are bargaining for
Is Statistics treated in Sociology? Mehn that wont be easy o.
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Free101:

huh,y year 2,y nt year 1?
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
huh,y year 2,y nt year 1?
I mean the harder part of it comes in year 2
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Babice(f): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2015
Free101:

Am really sorry. I concluded without any research or evidence that you were a dude which bad fof a Sociologist. Am really sorry Miss/Mrs. Babice. *slapping myself for getting it wrong*
hehehe.....................am single.....................dnt slap ursef 2 much,u're 4given
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by cassyrooy(m): 7:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
Babice:
wat do u mean by u're in 4 a long sensual ride becos of d ladies in ur department?
Ma'am its a landslide in ratio of girls to boys in my department, 65:35.

Which means the next person beside me is a girl. Hope you get it.

I'm no bad boy o. Lol
Re: The Sociologist And Anthropologist Thread(Official) by Free101(m): 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
cassyrooy:
Is Statistics treated in Sociology? Mehn that wont be easy o.
yep bro...and here in unijos, if you don't pass it, its prerequisite, meaning you must pass it to study its elder brother. In short......one more year things!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Rector Of Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe Dies During Sex With Teenager / The Message University Of Liverpool Issued To Students Masturbating In Toilets / 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.