Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,787 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71649 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Compared to the other big 3,Arsenal's folly at the back is preposterous.This shouldn't be up for argument at all.

Arsenal's folly at the back was not balanced by your strikers up front.
If RVP and the likes weren't such dorks, Arsenal woulda won more games than they did.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

I was talking about the final not the overall strength of the team.
To be honest, the final was the only game i saw in the whole tournament one morning on British Eurosport cos i completely forgot about the whole schitzo.
Now I see where you are coming from but ain't no point saying Chile took France apart. That was not the case.
However, it is true Chile won and as such they were the better team on that day based on your theory (i.e they outscored their opponent) .  wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by kaypumpin2(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal's folly at the back was not balanced by your strikers up front.
If RVP and the likes weren't such dorks, Arsenal woulda won more games than they did.

Abegi. . . . . don't let's argue for the sake of it.

The match against Spuds and Liverpool was the high-light of our ineptitude at the back.
How many did Man U let go of a goal margin with mins to go?
Our defensive anomaly shouldn't be up for argument at all dude.
It is there for all to see,Arsenal is a team you can't be rest assured will WIN even when leading with 2 goals. . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 1:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
Ron's parting shot at Prem

CRISTIANO RONALDO last night fired a parting shot at the Premier League by claiming La Liga has more quality.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2517980/Ronaldo-Im-heading-to-a-better-league.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by kaypumpin2(m): 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

CRISTIANO RONALDO last night fired a parting shot at the Premier League by claiming La Liga has more quality.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2517980/Ronaldo-Im-heading-to-a-better-league.html

Dude should just give it a rest please, he's gone to la liga and should live EPL alone.
What is it with "some players can't match your skill and will rather break your bone" and "referees protect players better in La liga" ish . . . . .
The media is giving Ron and Tevez too much attention,they should shut up or write a book grin

BTW,Will DayoK love CR now that he's not in EPL undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Dude should just give it a rest please, he's gone to la liga and should live EPL alone.
What is it with "some players can't match your skill and will rather break your bone" and "referees protect players better in La liga" ish . . . . .
The media is giving Ron and Tevez too much attention,they should shut up or write a book grin

BTW,Will DayoK love CR now that he's not in EPL undecided
grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

I think he is right saying this. . . . . .Look at the calibre of players in La Liga compared to the PREM now.
El Classico will be like the premiere of TITANIC next season. . . . .Benzema + Ronaldo + Kaka  versus Messi + Henry + Eto'o.
5 of the top 6 players in the world are now in La Liga. . . . . .

kay_pumpin:

Abegi. . . . . don't let's argue for the sake of it.

It's a debate. . . . .Letz look through it.

The match against Spuds and Liverpool was the high-light of our ineptitude at the back.
How many did Man U let go of a goal margin with mins to go?

Arsenal's style of play is a big factor. . . . . . .
A team is few minutes close to copping a victory and your defender tries to pass their way out of their own danger area.
Where is that done? I have heard ANDY GRAY many times talking about this issue why Wenger doesn't tutor his wards to protect what they have.
Arsenal 1-0 Wigan and you will still see Kolo Toure bombing forward in the 92nd minute instead of taking the ball to the corner flag and wasting time there.

Our defensive anomaly shouldn't be up for argument at all dude.
It is there for all to see,Arsenal is a team you can't be rest assured will WIN even when leading with 2 goals. . . . . . .

Then the team should always endeavour to score as many goals as possible to cushion the effect of a late show from the opponents.
If you score 5 goals by half time. . . . . .It doesn't matter what your opponents do few minutes to go.
All u have to do is curb them from scoring FIVE as well. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ Sharon

There is no debate in this - We scored 4 goals in two league games and the opponents scored 4 in return!!

If you can't win games after scoring 4 goals, then defence is CLEARLY your biggest liability.

It is VERY clear that defense is our biggest flaw

~Sauron~:

Arsenal's style of play is a big factor. . . . . . .
A team is few minutes close to copping a victory and your defender tries to pass their way out of their own danger area.
Where is that done? I have heard ANDY GRAY many times talking about this issue why Wenger doesn't tutor his wards to protect what they have.
Arsenal 1-0 Wigan and you will still see Kolo Toure bombing forward in the 92nd minute instead of taking the ball to the corner flag and wasting time there.

I don't think there's a problem with the style of play per se - Arsenal are SHIT when they try to hold a lead so we should ALWAYS try to score more since we can concede at any time. If we could defend, then we wouldn't need to continue attacking - we would simply lock up the goal and throw away the key.

Then the team should always endeavour to score as many goals as possible to cushion the effect of a late show from the opponents.
If you score 5 goals by half time. . . . . .It doesn't matter what your opponents do few minutes to go.
All u have to do is curb them from scoring FIVE as well. grin
That's why we need to improve our defence - scoring goals is not a problem per se. If we didn't draw all the stupid games like Spurs, Liverpool and concede daft goals against Hull at home, we would've been vastly improved.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
debosky:

@ Sharon
There is no debate in this - We scored 4 goals in two league games and the opponents scored 4 in return!!
If you can't win games after scoring 4 goals, then defence is CLEARLY your biggest liability.
It is VERY clear that defense is our biggest flaw

It depends on the quality of the opposition. . . . . .

I don't think there's a problem with the style of play per se - Arsenal are SHIT when they try to hold a lead so we should ALWAYS try to score more since we can concede at any time. If we could defend, then we wouldn't need to continue attacking - we would simply lock up the goal and throw away the key.

Exactly ma points. . . . . .
If your strikers were scoring 40% of em gazillion chances you create in every game, there wouldn't be many draws.
Besides, a far chunky of your games ended in goalless draws, should we blame your defence for that too?

That's why we need to improve our defence - scoring goals is not a problem per se. If we didn't draw all the stupid games like Spurs, Liverpool and concede daft goals against Hull at home, we would've been vastly improved.

Wenger needs to improve that squad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

It depends on the quality of the opposition. . . . . .
It doesn't in our case - Spurs wasn't fantastic going forward, neither was Liverpool - instead they capitalised on errors (MANY by Silvestre the baboon against Liverpool angry angry)

Exactly ma points. . . . . .
If your strikers were scoring 40% of em gazillion chances you create in every game, there wouldn't be many draws.
No - we always finish a relatively small proportion of chances - that is the Arsenal style. Besides, as long as Ade is at the club, that will never change.

Besides, a far chunky of your games ended in goalless draws, should we blame your defence for that too?

Oddly enough, YES!!

Let me explain it to you - the defence was leaking goals so much that Wenger had to play Diaby, Song and Denilson at the same time to give extra protection. By doing this, we LOST creativity and couldn't score.

If the defence were fine, we wouldn't have needed all that protection for the back line.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
debosky:

It doesn't in our case - Spurs wasn't fantastic going forward, neither was Liverpool - instead they capitalised on errors (MANY by Silvestre the baboon against Liverpool angry angry)

SPURS ain't bad going forward. . . . . .even in the days of the INVINCIBLES, they copped a 4-5 result.
Liverpool scored the highest number of league goals. . . .scored 4 at OT, scored 4 against Chelsea at SB(UCL), scored 4 against Real Madrid and pasted Aston Villa with 5 goals,
How can you say they are not fantastic going forward?

No - we always finish a relatively small proportion of chances - that is the Arsenal style. Besides, as long as Ade is at the club, that will never change.

Adebayor is your best striker if Wenger can motivate him.
Since Henry left, he is the only striker who has looked like replicating Thierry Henry.
Van Persie is a waste of space. . . . . .For a reason, your fans are just racists who quickly use the African players as scapegoats.

Oddly enough, YES!!

Strange!!!

Let me explain it to you - the defence was leaking goals so much that Wenger had to play Diaby, Song and Denilson at the same time to give extra protection. By doing this, we LOST creativity and couldn't score.

If the defence were fine, we wouldn't have needed all that protection for the back line.

Goalless draws against West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland and SPURS(back to back games)??
How potent were these teams as at February when you played em in a row?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

SPURS ain't bad going forward. . . . . .even in the days of the INVINCIBLES, they copped a 4-5 result.
Liverpool scored the highest number of league goals. . . .scored 4 at OT, scored 4 against Chelsea at SB(UCL), scored 4 against Real Madrid and pasted Aston Villa with 5 goals,
How can you say they are not fantastic going forward?

They were not fantastic against us - we conceded DAFT goals, especially Silvestre!! angry angry

Adebayor is your best striker if Wenger can motivate him.
Since Henry left, he is the only striker who has looked like replicating Thierry Henry.
Based on ONE season, not good enough for me. tongue

Van Persie is a waste of space. . . . . .For a reason, your fans are just racists who quickly use the African players as scapegoats.
I wonder why Gallas and Kolo have never been booed then. I wonder why Bendtner gets booed sometimes before even putting on his pinkies?

Goalless draws against West Ham, Fulham, Sunderland and SPURS(back to back games)??
How potent were these teams as at February when you played em in a row?
You miss the point - we were conceding against anyone and everyone. Wenger had to STOP THE ROT by employing THREE defensive midfielders so we would at least not concede. After he did, we slowly started attacking more - if the defence was competent then we would not have had those DMs and no need for the loss of attacking force.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
debosky:

They were not fantastic against us - we conceded DAFT goals, especially Silvestre!! angry angry

Silvestre was your best defender in those games. . . . . .Blame Toure and your full-backs against Liverpool.

Based on ONE season, not good enough for me. tongue

What has Van Persie shown in his 5 seasons at Arsenal? Nothing.
At least, we know Ade scored 30 in one season and 24 in the league.
RVP is yet to score 15 goals in any league in his entire career.

I wonder why Gallas and Kolo have never been booed then. I wonder why Bendtner gets booed sometimes before even putting on his pinkies?

They woulda been booed if there were no Eboue, Ade, Song and other scapegoats. . . . .
Cesc Fabregas had a stinker of a season in 2008/9, same as Theo Walcott.
They let Arsenal down but you will never hear your moronic fans booing those ones. . . .

You miss the point - we were conceding against anyone and everyone. Wenger had to STOP THE ROT by employing THREE defensive midfielders so we would at least not concede. After he did, we slowly started attacking more - if the defence was competent then we would not have had those DMs and no need for the loss of attacking force.

Hahahaha. . . . . . .trust Debosky to come up with a golden excuse.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Van Persie is a waste of space. . . . . .

I have long known that Arsenal fans lack the gumption to notice the bleeding obvious, but despite this foreknowledge, I am continuously amazed that they haven't deferred to the gospel truth which thou hath spoken in the quoted content, even after 5 years of seeing the charlatan flatter to deceive.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
Ibime:

I have long known that Arsenal fans lack the gumption to notice the bleeding obvious, but despite this foreknowledge, I am continuously amazed that they haven't deferred to the gospel truth which thou hath spoken in the quoted content, even after 5 years of seeing the charlatan flatter to deceive.

I dunno how he's managed to pull a wool over the eyes of GAYnners. . . .
They so much believe in him and every time i take a look at his statistics, he has never failed once to disappoint me.
His personal best in the EPL is 11 league goals. . . . . .I am sure Arsenal fans woulda dumped him to Cardiff City if RVP is African.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by edoyad(m): 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

I dunno how he's managed to pull a wool over the eyes of GAYnners. . . .
They so much believe in him and every time i take a look at his statistics, he has never failed once to disappoint me.
His personal best in the EPL is 11 league goals. . . . . .I am sure Arsenal fans woulda dumped him to Cardiff City if RVP is African.

REALLY ?

Then what would have happened to Michael Owen if he were African?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
sauron,
are u a gunner fan in disguise?
cus u seem to know how things go on over there. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
Man Utd + Owen + Valencia will still beat Bayern Munich home n away.
Such is the quality of the squad that we can take any half-decent player and still win the title.
Didn't we sign Henrik Larsson at 35 some seasons ago?

Its not about the age.

Larsonn won the CL 2 seasons before joining Manure,

Michael Owen won relegation .

Spot the difference grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
edoyad:

REALLY ?
Then what would have happened to Michael Owen if he were African?

What woulda happened to him??

dayokanu:

Its not about the age.

Larsonn won the CL 2 seasons before joining Manure,

Michael Owen won relegation .

Spot the difference grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Owen won Ballon d'Or before joining Man Utd. . . . . .How about that?

Eastbay:

sauron,
are u a gunner fan in disguise?
cus u seem to know how things go on over there. grin

I stay in the capital and i get to hear from loads of GAYnners in various pubs/bars.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
Ballon d' or almost a decade ago.

Why not sign Rivaldo, Sammer or George weah?

Gayyners are known to be highly delusional

I am sure Wengay told them Adebayor and Eboue are responsible for their trophylessness

And Van Rapist is the Messiah. How many goals has VPersie scored in his Gayyner career?

Vanpersie is a wastepipe

VanPersie = David Bellion grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Owen won Ballon d'Or before joining Man Utd. . . . . .How about that?

Nice one.
Also scored a hat-trick against your highly over-rated Nazis in Munich.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2009
dayokanu:

Ballon d' or almost a decade ago.

Ballon d'Or 2001. . . . . .8 years ago.
If Bayern Munich's last UCL title is relevant in your discussion then Owen's Ballon d'Or should be relevant here.
He is only 29 not 35.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
Dayo,
Over to you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2009
Scored a hat trick 8 years ago

Ronaldo Lima scored a hat trick in Old Traffird in 2003. That should be a good signing for man Utd too

Why not sign Justin fontaine or Gerd Muller?

Bayern have won several league and cup titles after then and are still a force to reckon with in Europe
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2009
Scored a hat trick 8 years ago

Why not sign Justin fontaine or Gerd Muller?

Bayern have won several league and cup titles after then and are still a force to reckon with in Europe
used to be
not even a force in Bundesliga grin grin
ask Wolsburg
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2009
dayokanu:

But they have not won another UCL so they are not a force to reckon with in Europe.
Excuse me, who can tell me the last time Bayern Munich played in the semi-final of a CL?
Accurate answers, please!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
But they have not won another UCL so they are not a force to reckon with in Europe.
Excuse me, who can tell me the last time Bayern Munich played in the semi-final of a CL?
Accurate answers, please!!!
let the touch bearer answer himself
let it come from the horses mouth grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2009
tkb417:

let the touch bearer answer himself
let it come from the horses mouth grin

In the last 2 seasons, i know Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd have played in the semi-finals.
So Mr Nazi should tell us why we should take his club serious in Europe!!!

TKB, they are unveiling Ronaldo tonight at the Bernebau.
I saw some clips on SKYSPORTS. . . . . . The atmosphere is crazy already.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2009
Dayo,
Please,Bayern can't even defend their bundesliga title successfully.
They,Nottingham Forest,Benfica are all in the same class:spent European forces.
Please stop bringing deadwoods into this discussion.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
If bayern are so-calledheavyweights,
why do they keep getting bashed by 4-goals each time they exit Europe?
Even in the second-rate UEFA cup (CL rejects).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
A certain Yakubu Aiyegbeni score a hat trick against Man Utd also given the way Redondo disgraced Man Utd

these 2 should be the next signings for Man Utd.

Bayern is not interested in Semi finals or whatever we have our eyes on the trophy.

Well since a club with 3 European CL in 60 years too can talk. When you meet our 4 titles lets have a discussion cool cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

TKB, they are unveiling Ronaldo tonight at the Bernebau.
I saw some clips on SKYSPORTS. . . . . . The atmosphere is crazy already.

Isnt it a shame you guys havnt managed to unveil anything amidst a pomp and an electrifying atmosphere?! grin
Owen shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Valencia shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.