Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,545 members, 7,850,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71621 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2009
aieromon:

The Owen deal shocked me.i just pray it turns out well like the Larsson deal.
Why can't AF buy Huntellar?

Because you guys dont have the money! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2009
Man Utd sold CR7 and Tevez to buy Michael Owen and Antonio Valencia,

Ferguson = Senility grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by jalether(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2009
dayokanu:

Micheal Owen is better than Luca Toni tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by mykali(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2009
OWEN TO THE SCUMMIES. shocked shocked shocked

i laugh. cheesy

cant wait for the 15th of August mahn, make i go fastforward time like Nakamura. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2009
ManU in shock bid for Maradona!!!! shocked shocked shocked
SAF believes Armando is the best player to fill the void left by Ronaldo grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2009
dayokanu:

Man Utd + Owen + Valencia will still beat Bayern Munich home n away.
Such is the quality of the squad that we can take any half-decent player and still win the title.
Didn't we sign Henrik Larsson at 35 some seasons ago?

Dayo, something happened to your retentive memory?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Phony200(m): 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

Man Utd + Owen + Valencia will still beat Bayern Munich home n away.
Such is the quality of the squad that we can take any half-decent player and still win the title.
Didn't we sign Henrik Larsson at 35 some seasons ago?

Dayo, something happened to your retentive memory?

Lol, I'm tired of all the talk about Owen, let him play first. If Larsson can do it, I wonder why Owen can't.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2009
Phony200:

Lol, I'm tired of all the talk about Owen, let him play first. If Larsson can do it, I wonder why Owen can't.

One would think the transfer window is closed with the way some ruminant animals are prowling this thread.
Owen this, Owen that. . . . . . .Buncha useless twerps.
What do u really expect? Some of the noise makers here have not tasted a league title in years. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by BrigGen: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2009
Vote for Owen!
Ha ha!

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2009
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5416628,00.html

Seen this guy only once.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2009
Gabby Obertan is a baby giraffe. I will LAUGH my head off when he starts falling over his own feet whilst playing for United. He's quite skillful though.

[center]Gabriel Obertan Close To Manchester United Deal - Bordeaux President[/center]

Manchester United are close to signing Bordeaux starlet Gabriel Obertan, according to the French club.

The midfielder, who was loaned out to Lorient by coach Laurent Blanc for part of last season, is highly-rated in France.

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud is now claiming the deal is close to being confirmed.

"There is a very strong likelihood that the deal will go ahead," Triaud told L'Equipe.

"Manchester United want to sign him and, for our part, we would be delighted to see Gabriel playing for such a prestigious club.

"We will make the official announcement when the time is right."

Arsenal, Inter and Milan are all believed to have trailed Obertan in the past.

The Under-21 international is just 20-years-old but has featured in les Girondins' first team since he was 17.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:30am On Jul 06, 2009
Another David N'Gog coming to OT.
I saw the lad play in the Toulon tournament when they were taken apart by Chile and he was very brilliant.
He needs at least 2 years to break into the first team of Man Utd but i would take him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Another David N'Gog coming to OT.
I saw the lad play in the Toulon tournament when they were taken apart by Chile and he was very brilliant.
He needs at least 2 years to break into the first team of Man Utd but i would take him.
I would say France played better than Chile only that they (French team) had no clinical finisher and wasted a host of chances.
Chile scored their only chance.
But Obertan is good. He was very brilliant. I would take him W.I.E. (with immediate effect). cheesy wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:41am On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

I would say France played better than Chile only that they (French team) had no clinical finisher and wasted a host of chances.
Chile scored their only chance.
But Obertan is good. He was very brilliant. I would take him W.I.E. (with immediate effect). cheesy wink

The Chileans were better with counter-attacks and short samba passes.
I enjoyed watching em move the ball around with little triangles a la Barcelona.
It didn't surprise me they took France apart.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2009
why is the sudeen noise about Owen?
did SAF pay a kobo for him? Hes even been compared to the signing of Sylvestre

Abeg, let theseason start b4 we say anythin about him
at least its confirmed Syvestre is a confirmed dud in Arsenals shirt grin

lets see if we aint gonna buy somebody else
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

The Chileans were better with counter-attacks and short samba passes.
I enjoyed watching em move the ball around with little triangles a la Barcelona.
It didn't surprise me they took France apart.
Well, it does depend on how you see it, me still think the Croissant Boyz were better.
The Chileans were rough IMHO just like the touts from Argentina (Whats up with Diego Buonanotte?).
And yes, they counter attacked very well but overall they were lost in the game. One single chance fell to Martinez and that was all that was needed.
France on the other hand played like their senior brothers. All fancy with no result.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

Well, it does depend on how you see it, me still think the Croissant Boyz were better.
The Chileans were rough IMHO just like the touts from Argentina (Whats up with Diego Buonanotte?).
And yes, they counter attacked very well but overall they were lost in the game. One single chance fell to Martinez and that was all that was needed.
France on the other hand played like their senior brothers. All fancy with no result.

I thunk Football is about taking chances, no?
Chelsea were better than Barcelona @ SB but lost because they didn't take their chances.
Chile played like MEN. . . . .They were playing the host country in a final so they soaked up the pressure and hit on the counter.

tkb417:

why is the sudeen noise about Owen?

Don't mind the social reprobates like Dayokanu. . . . .
Michael Owen still scored more league goals than Tevez last season despite playing less games in a shitty club.
People also forget we signed a Ballon d'Or winner in Owen. . . . . .
If United can keep him fit, he would score 15+ goals next season without sweating.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

And yes, they counter attacked very well but overall they were lost in the game. One single chance fell to Martinez and that was all that was needed. France on the other hand played like their senior brothers. All fancy with no result.

And thats the difference btw the winner and loser, an experienced and inexperienced side.
Remember SA v Brazil Confed 2009?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2009
Emperoh:

And thats the difference btw the winner and loser, an experienced and inexperienced side.
Remember SA v Brazil Confed 2009?

~Sauron~:

I thunk Football is about taking chances, no?
Chelsea were better than Barcelona @ SB but lost because they didn't take their chances.
Chile played like MEN. . . . .They were playing the host country in a final so they soaked up the pressure and hit on the counter.

Again I'm not disputing this and you are right but NOT 100%. Why? because the better team does not always win. That is also football.
Chelsea also lost to Barca not only because they did not take their chances but also because that Overdose (or it is Overbo) is a d.ick with zero balls.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

Again I'm not disputing this and you are right but NOT 100%. Why? because the better team does not always win. That is also football.

Are Arsenal the best side in England going by this theory of yours?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are Arsenal the best side in England going by this theory of yours?
No pun intended but Arsenal are a lost entity. Sorry to say.  wink cheesy
That theory does not apply to them. cool
Arsenal were not always the best side even when they were red hot.

But do you agree than the better team does not always win or do you mean to say because USA beat Spain then The US are now kings?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

No pun intended but Arsenal are a lost entity. Sorry to say.  wink cheesy
That theory does not apply to them. cool
Arsenal were not always the best side even when they were red hot.

Arsenal rarely fails to put up a majestic display everytime they play but they have not won the league in half-a-decade.
Football is about working as a team and outscoring your opponents.
100% possession, 100 shots on target, 500 corner kicks and 800 free-kicks don't mean nowt.
The name of the game is SCORING GOALS and that is where Arsenal have come short.

FBS:

But do you agree than the better team does not always win or do you mean to say because USA beat Spain then The US are now kings?

It depends on what you mean by the better team.
There is a better team OVERALL and a better team on the day.
When United lost to Fulham. . . . .Fulham were the better team on that DAY without a doubt. . . . .
In the USA V Spain game, USA were the better team on the night. . . . .they defended well and they outsmarted SPAIN.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal rarely fails to put up a majestic display everytime they play but they have not won the league in half-a-decade.
100% possession, 100 shots on target, 500 corner kicks and 800 free-kicks don't mean nowt.
The name of the game is SCORING GOALS and that is where Arsenal have come short.
Look at it from this angle. Why is every one screaming (including you if I remember clearly) for the good old samba playing style?
Not that Brazil cannot play that style (infact they still do, especially when 3 or 4 goals up cheesy) but look at what happened. Egypt hit right back.Now had Pharaoh's children won, would you say they are better than Brazil?

The name of the game is scoring goals (no disputes about that) but that you do not score as a team don't make you the worst team (e.g Arsenal).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:34pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

It depends on what you mean by the better team.
There is a better team OVERALL and a better team on the day.
When United lost to Fulham. . . . .Fulham were the better team on that DAY without a doubt. . . . .
In the USA V Spain game, USA were the better team on the night. . . . .they defended well and they outsmarted SPAIN.
Ha. Now you see my point. On the day and overall.
France IMHO were the better team overall but Chile on that day.
Thats how I see it.

The only disappointing player as I see it was the guy playing RB. None of his passes reached its target. But as a whole, I love the French team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

The name of the game is SCORING GOALS and that[b] is where Arsenal have come short.[/b]
WRONG!!

And I thought you were an astute observer.  sad

We scored the same number of league goals as Utd and Chelski last season (with Dudu out for the whole season, and Ade out for long periods), only Liverpool outscored us - we lost because we couldn't defend properly.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Arsenal's problem has never been that of scoring BUT conceeding cheeky goals.
Not just last season but since the trophyless streak started.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2009
@debo,
I thnk he mentioned this, no?
~Sauron~:

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Arsenal's problem has never been that of scoring BUT conceeding cheeky goals.
Not just last season but since the trophyless streak started.
tell me which team ain't guilty of that?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

Ha. Now you see my point. On the day and overall.
France IMHO were the better team overall but Chile on that day.
Thats how I see it.

I was talking about the final not the overall strength of the team.
To be honest, the final was the only game i saw in the whole tournament one morning on British Eurosport cos i completely forgot about the whole schitzo.

The only disappointing player as I see it was the guy playing RB. None of his passes reached its target. But as a whole, I love the French team.

Good for you.

debosky:

WRONG!!
And I thought you were an astute observer.  sad

And i thunk you were a true disciple of the game. undecided

We scored the same number of league goals as Utd and Chelski last season (with Dudu out for the whole season, and Ade out for long periods), only Liverpool outscored us - we lost because we couldn't defend properly.

But that number of league goals did not win as many games as Man Utd(that is the difference).
When United's opponents score 2, we score 3 or more.
When they don't score at all, we score AT LEAST 1(The name of the game is outscoring your opponents) which was where Arsenal came short.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by kaypumpin2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2009
FBS:

tell me which team ain't guilty of that?

Compared to the other big 3,Arsenal's folly at the back is preposterous.This shouldn't be up for argument at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by FBS: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Compared to the other big 3,Arsenal's folly at the back is preposterous.This shouldn't be up for argument at all.
To quote Brashy, Yes Boss.  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017 / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.