Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,491 members, 7,850,727 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71618 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2009
Rooney inconsistent to rely on but utra- committed. I just wanna believe SAF has something

else . . . .

I dey chill with som witches . Thanx pal.
no be u, i trust u grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by rasputinn(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2009
Well what can I say?
Sorry about Ronaldo that y'all sold,and sorry also for Benzema and Ribery that you've obviously missed out on
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2009
Eastbay:

Emp,
What's up with your bold,brown large text?

Some Identity change is good you know. . . . . . .JK using dots is an eg!! grin grin

tkb417:

no be u, i trust u grin
How far for that runs nah!!!! Will you be doing R.kelly concert tonite?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2009
How far for that runs nah!!!! Will you be doing R.kelly concert tonite?
i dey buzz u yesterday and u didnt respond

ill be at the Penthouse sippin my Vodka+Sprite grin
i no dey go R-kelly thing o
work dey tmr

ol boi buzz me make we run things
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by justkunmi(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2009
tkb
any.more.info.on.Mickey.Mouse?. Did.he.pass.the.medicals.?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2009
tkb
any.more.info.on.Mickey.Mouse?. Did.he.pass.the.medicals.?
left to me, he'll fail so im not looking forward to him passin it
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
tkb417:

i dey buzz u yesterday and u didnt respond

ill be at the Penthouse sippin my Vodka+Sprite grin
i no dey go R-kelly thing o
work dey tmr

ol boi buzz me make we run things

Tkb and hemp Man dey run things together ? AGBABIAKA O ! shocked shocked grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
Tkb and hemp Man dey run things together ? AGBABIAKA O !

ehn ehn
no be Agbabiaka, na Okokobioko grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by rikkyjen(m): 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2009
OMG  shocked shocked shocked

What a shrewd deal from SAF. You get an Owen on the cheap and on a Pay as you play contract.

People forget that Owen is going to play his life out to impress capello in order to get back in the England set-up.

This is a player rearing to go and begging for this last chance of proving naysayers wrong that "he's finished". All he needed was this chance to play for a "big club".

Honestly, i see a hungry Owen and boy, this deal na helelele! THis guy has no bag of chips on his shoulders, so there is no pressure from our side and maybe from his side too!.

If he becomes a hit, then SAF has pulled another stunt from the bag like Professor Peller, if he doesn't, well he's on a 1 year contract!

Would this be a profitable gamble? Only the green grass can tell!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by khanye(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2009
Michael Owen Completes Medical As Manchester United Deal Imminent

[b]Michael Owen has completed an intensive three hour medical in central Manchester today, and has emerged smiling from the hospital where it was conducted, giving further credence to reports that he is set to sign for Manchester United this evening.

The player, who became almost as famous for his injuries as his goals during his spell at Newcastle United, was at the Red Devils' training ground at Carrington for two to three hours this morning, before being driven to a central Manchester hospital, where he underwent stringent tests.

With the focus on Owen's fitness, his former team-mate with Liverpool and England, Hull City's Nicky Barmby, thinks that the focus should rather be on the way Owen has returned from injury, and his prowess as a striker.

"You look at the way he's come back from two career threatening injuries. It's been fantastic the way he's come back," Barmby told Sky Sports News.

"He played 30 odd games last year for Newcastle, and if you put chances in front of Michael he will definitely finish them off."

Opinion has been divided amongst both Liverpool and Manchester United fans about the deal, but it looks certain now that the striker will soon be wearing a red shirt again, albeit one with a devil and not a liver bird on it.

Zack Wilson, Goal.com[/b]

Owen for Man U shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by presido1: 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2009
BREAKING NEWS

Michael Owen signs a two year deal with Man United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2009
rikkyjen:

OMG shocked shocked shocked

What a shrewd deal from SAF. You get an Owen on the cheap and on a Pay as you play contract.

People forget that Owen is going to play his life out to impress capello in order to get back in the England set-up.

This is a player rearing to go and begging for this last chance of proving naysayers wrong that "he's finished". All he needed was this chance to play for a "big club".

Honestly, i see a hungry Owen and boy, this deal na helelele! THis guy has no bag of chips on his shoulders, so there is no pressure from our side and maybe from his side too!.

If he becomes a hit, then SAF has pulled another stunt from the bag like Professor Peller, if he doesn't, well he's on a 1 year contract!

Would this be a profitable gamble? Only the green grass can tell!

The summary of ur epistle is ; OWEN is long past his prime innit ? tongue grin

Really, I feel signing WHITE SAHA aint a bad deal anyway considering the terms of the contract, its only funny that when clubs like Blackburm\n wehere rejecting him, he found succour in Manure grin grin

This season go hot well well . . .I tip Owen to score 45 goals grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by nazzyon(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2009
If there is anyone who can turn Owen to a Golden Boy again in the world of football; then it is Sir Alex Ferguson.

I won' be surprised come next season if clubs starts to run after Owen again.

Though, rarely do clubs go after Strikers in their 30s.

@ 29 Owen has altogether scored 157 goals in 322 club matches and 44 goals in for England.

We should be able to get 50 more goals atleast during his stay with us.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2009
M.Owen is World class grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by follypimpi(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2009
Where's Sauron,It's a Pity am going for an outing now else i woulda finish ur ass off Today. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2009
Its funny that when people want to hide the fact that Owen is an 'has been', they quote hisaggregate goal tally, and not his more recent stats like 31 games 10 goals last season i.e.  1 goal every 3 matches.
So unless una wan keep am for 5+ yrs. I dont see where the 50 goals would come from undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2009
It's high time some club duped Man U as they did Arsenal last season. grin

Y'all can embellish it all you can,but is this not the same Owen that was sending catalogue of his past "exploits" to various clubs? undecided

Owen and Silvestre,i am cock-sure the ONLY thing consistent with them wouldn't be Micheal but a lethargic season. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2009
LMAO !!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2009
Has it come to this shocked
OWEN shocked shocked shocked shocked
I-laugh like MAD! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2009
SCUMMIES ENJOY YOUR LATEST "HIGH PROFILE DUD" shocked shocked shocked grin
OH AND FORGET ABOUT ANY MORE MAJOR SIGNING! tongue cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 7:55pm On Jul 03, 2009
Kaka from Milan . . . . . €65 million
CR7 from ManU . . . . . .  €80 million
Benzema from Lyon . . . . €35 million
Manu competing with hull city to sign a blackburn reject . . . . PRICELESS grin
There are some stars only money cant buy, for every one else there is Michael Owen grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by presido1: 8:33pm On Jul 03, 2009
biina:

Kaka from Milan . . . . . €65 million
CR7 from ManU . . . . . . €80 million
Benzema from Lyon . . . . €35 million
Manu competing with hull city to sign a blackburn reject . . . . PRICELESS grin
There are some stars only money cant buy, for every one else there is Michael Owen grin
The end justifies the means.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by kaypumpin2(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2009
presido1:

The end justifies the means.

Of course,especially when you just signed a "geriatric" player,a la Silvestre.

Owen is a dud,you can take that to the mogue. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2009
Michael Owen was bought to keep the other Owen "No testing" Hargreaves company in the hospital
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2009
follypimpi:

Where's Sauron,It's a Pity am going for an outing now else i woulda finish ur ass off Today. grin grin

Why are you boasting?
We played 4 games. . . . .I won 2, you won 1 and the other one went to a penalty shoot-out.
Advantage Sauron. grin

HNIC:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

BOOKMARKED!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by mukina2: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2009
Someone got back at fergie was giving us donkey head angry grin

I wish he can take silvestre back grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by bawomolo(m): 3:59am On Jul 04, 2009
lol. chei.

desperados
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 04, 2009
dayokanu:

Michael Owen was bought to keep the other Owen "No testing" Hargreaves company in the hospital

grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 7:12am On Jul 04, 2009
Owen Hargreaves who was bought as a "No testing" for 20milla from bayern Munich has completed his first year in the hospital. in a few years he would be a certified Doctor cos he spent more time in the clinic than on the field
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2009
Its confirmed - Owen is a UTD player; 2yr deal. . . . . . .

Just the type of buy i wanted, even lower in profile than a Hunteelaar. . . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by justkunmi(m): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2009
2.years. .50k.a.week. .Extra.bonuses.depending.on.his.performances. .

My.guess.is.Owen.would.do.well. He.would.pair.up.nicely.with.Rooney.and.we'll.see.some.results.
I'm.not.saying.he'll.give.us.+20.goals. . But.I'm.sure.his.goal.to.appearance.ratio.would.be.fair.

But.we.need.more.firepower!. We.need.gifted.and.tested.strikers. We.should.get.Aguero. .

Fergie.pls.get.El.Kun!. .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2009
The Owen deal shocked me.i just pray it turns out well like the Larsson deal.
Why can't AF buy Huntellar?

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017 / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.