Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Question For Men: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question For Men: (1718 Views)

Question For The Guys...ladies You Are Welcome Too... / Question For The Ladies (photo) / A Question For The 'single' Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 12:31am On May 04, 2009
Do men need approval from their friends when choosing thier wives or girlfriends ?

Ive met many MEN who won't date women because they're friends don't like them. Anyways my question is do men need approval from thier friends when choosing thier wives or girlfriends,
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 12:31am On May 04, 2009
err not really but its always nice if your friends like her too.
Re: Question For Men: by tope5000: 12:33am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

Do men need approval from their friends when choosing thier wives or girlfriends ?

Ive met many MEN who won't date women because they're friends don't like them. Anyways my question is do men need approval from thier friends when choosing thier wives or girlfriends,

Noticed that too . . . . guess it is important undecided
Re: Question For Men: by opsydudu(m): 12:45am On May 04, 2009
YES!

i think the same applies to women (most times)

very very important to both!
Re: Question For Men: by opsydudu(m): 12:46am On May 04, 2009
got a typo on that one.

should be apply
Re: Question For Men: by Lax75(m): 12:54am On May 04, 2009
@ poster

Please.,, women do this too, even more than men.
Re: Question For Men: by tope5000: 12:55am On May 04, 2009
Lax75:

@ poster

No we dont tongue
Re: Question For Men: by Sauron1: 12:58am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

I wouldn't let any of ma homeboys marry a poor excuse of a woman.
It's a code of respect we have for one another.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 12:59am On May 04, 2009
Lax75:

@ poster

Women do it, but such acceptance is not a deciding factor,  For men its a deciding factor. This is when they start ignoring the gal or finding unsubstantiated fault.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:00am On May 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

What if this woman is the love of your life, will you just scratch her off the list cause ur friends don't like her, why not ditch ur homeboys ?
Re: Question For Men: by tope5000: 1:02am On May 04, 2009
~Sauron~:

How is it ur bizness? . . . . . didnt he know she was sorry excuse b4 he decided to marry her undecided
Re: Question For Men: by Sauron1: 1:08am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

What if this woman is the love of your life, will you just scratch her off the list cause ur friends don't like her, why not ditch ur homeboys ?

Ditch ma homeboys? The geezers i have always known because of a woman i met last tuesday?? No way!!!
She has to fit into what ma friends will like.
Love comes much later. . . . .She must pass their test before considering a relationship and that is few weeks before love comes into the equation.
Re: Question For Men: by kaypumpin2(m): 1:09am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

I doubt if it is a MAJOR factor but of course it could be if what your friend has to say as per the lady in question is MAJOR.
Re: Question For Men: by tope5000: 1:11am On May 04, 2009
kay_pumpin:

I doubt if it is a MAJOR factor but of course it could be if what your friend has to say as per the lady in question is MAJOR.

But why? undecided
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:12am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

What if this woman is the love of your life,  will you just scratch her off the list cause ur friends don't like her,  why not ditch ur homeboys ?

That is frankly an impossibility. I value my friends (because they are people of integrity) and i'd take their reservations about a woman very seriously.
Re: Question For Men: by opsydudu(m): 1:13am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

Women do it, but such acceptance is not a deciding factor, For men its a deciding factor. This is when they start ignoring the gal or finding unsubstantiated fault.

i disagree, it is always a deciding factor with women. it applies to both men and women with no exceptions.

for the woman to be the love of your life, she must have been accepted by your friends. i don't understand how she came into your life w/o your friends knowledge. dating/relationship which lead to marriage is a gradual process so you take one step at a time

She has to get to meet your friend (not really all of them), once he give the go ahead then you are in.
Re: Question For Men: by kaypumpin2(m): 1:14am On May 04, 2009
tope5000:

But why? undecided

Your friend could have an info on the girl you weren't privy to
Re: Question For Men: by tope5000: 1:16am On May 04, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Your friend could have an info on the girl you weren't privy to

true that.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:22am On May 04, 2009
I would love to hear from married men.

I think that some married men on this forum would suggest that you keep your wfiey away from your friends, any man who waits for friends approval may probably never retain a long term relationship,

Friends and wifey in my opinion don't mix.
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:23am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

I would love to hear from married men.

I think that some married men on this forum would suggest that you keep your wfiey away from your friends, any man who waits for friends approval may probably never retain a long term relationship,

Friends and wifey in my opinion don't mix.

that's patently false. Infact a man who doesnt listen to advice from those he relies on as regards the woman he intends to marry is headed for doom. Only they can see those little niggly problems that love has blinded you to seeing.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:26am On May 04, 2009
Ok, but the girl is dating YOU,

How will your friends know certain things, behaviors, she only reveals to you.?!
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:27am On May 04, 2009
Your friends only know her externally, and some girls are good pretenders,

Family members, now, thats an entirely differnt conversation.
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:27am On May 04, 2009
She can only hide for so long, after a while certain traits will start to show. Afterall if she's with me she'd definitely have to spend time with my friends sometimes in my absence.
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:27am On May 04, 2009
opsydudu:

i disagree, it is always a deciding factor with women. it applies to both men and women with no exceptions.
for the woman to be the love of your life, she must have been accepted by your friends. i don't understand how she came into your life w/o your friends knowledge. dating/relationship which lead to marriage is a gradual process so you take one step at a time

She has to get to meet your friend (not really all of them), once he give the go ahead then you are in.

Not really. Women always think her friends are trying to pour sand in her garri. lipsrsealed
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:28am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

Your friends only know her externally, and some girls are good pretenders,  

Family members, now,  thats an entirely differnt conversation.

Depends on the level of "friendship" though. When i mean "friends" i mean guys who are like brothers to me.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:29am On May 04, 2009
stillwater:

Not really. Women always think her friends are trying to pour sand in her garri. lipsrsealed

TRUE TALK.!!! Women most of the time automatically think that their friends are jealous of their catch. tongue tongue
Re: Question For Men: by tope5000: 1:30am On May 04, 2009
stillwater:

Gbam cheesy
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:33am On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

Depends on the level of "friendship" though. When i mean "friends" i mean guys who are like brothers to me.

aaah i c,

i've dated a guy. <with whom my relationship with him was practically destroyed beyond repairable repair because his friends didn't like me>

So I don't think that its fair for men to choose women based on what their friends think. Its not a nice trait for a man, in my opinion,

Wat now happens when YOU marry the woman and then the relationship between HER and your friends become strained, will you dump her because of them ?
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:40am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

aaah i c,

i've dated a guy. <with whom my relationship with him was practically destroyed beyond repairable repair because his friends didn't like me>

So I don't think that its fair for men to choose women based on what their friends think. Its not a nice trait for a man, in my opinion,

Wat now happens when YOU marry the woman and then the relationship between HER and your friends become strained, will you dump her because of them ?

My friends are not out to "destroy" my relationship, only to be sure i'm with a woman they know i will be happy with. So i know whenever they voice a reservation, its not because they irrationally want her out of my life but are trying to alert me to dangers i cant see because love has blinded my eyes.

Rather than brooding over the friends of your ex . . . has it occured to you to take into considerations their reservations about you? Guys dont just wake up and decide they dislike a girl . . . they must have seen something and trust me, they'd be more loyal to your ex than you. Afterall they never knew you before.

I remember once an ex of mine never liked hanging around my friends, wont even as much as say hi to them and always wanted me to leave them for her. Well they complained once and i had to tell her point blank - if i had a choice, i'd choose them over her . . . she's a completely different girl today. A few months ago one of my friends still called me to say how much he was impressed by her after so many yrs.

Its not enough to moan about your dude's friends . . . they may have valid reasons you shld sit down and consider. you cant date a dude in a vacuum.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:45am On May 04, 2009
L O L

Well, they were not respectful people and I always reminded them that they were LOSERS!!

I have no regrets though, but Im sure I fancy a guy who can stand up for me in front of his friends, even when Im wrong and corrects me in private and u've done with the girl in your example.
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:47am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

L O L

Well, they were not respectful people and I always reminded them that they were LOSERS!!

I have no regrets though, but Im sure I fancy a guy who can stand up for me in front of his friends, even when Im wrong and corrects me in private and u've done with the girl in your example.

Yeah that's another point though . . . in public it HAS to be your girl first even when she's completely wrong. In private you can speak to her but no friend has a right to say anything to her face even if you're not there.

That being said . . . i think it was wrong of you to talk to his friends rudely. Even i would not take that lightly . . . its a sign you can equally do that to me in future. How you treat a dude's friends is indicative of how much you respect him.

Again i'm assuming your dude's friends where men of integrity anyway.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:51am On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

Yeah that's another point though . . . in public it HAS to be your girl first even when she's completely wrong. In private you can speak to her but no friend has a right to say anything to her face even if you're not there.

That being said . . . i think it was wrong of you to talk to his friends rudely. Even i would not take that lightly . . . its a sign you can equally do that to me in future. How you treat a dude's friends is indicative of how much you respect him.

Again i'm assuming your dude's friends where men of integrity anyway.

Well, I don't percieve them to be men of integrity. But regardless, I treated them with respect and they attempted to treat me like sh, it thinking I wouldn't speak up and I showed them F I R E grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Men Vs Akatas / Gäl$ Devélöp Féeliñg$ Fröm Frèquènt Cälliñg? / Why Premarital intimacy should be a must

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.