Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Question For Men: - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question For Men: (1725 Views)

Question For The Guys...ladies You Are Welcome Too... / Question For The Ladies (photo) / A Question For The 'single' Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Men: by acidrop(f): 1:52am On May 04, 2009
well it depened i think it apples to the gurls too. . . , . so mumu guys that cant make decision on their own yes, . . .i even have a case of a guy who said no to a gurl jst because his friends said she wasent fine enough and will ruin their reputation. , . . .  but one of the friend in d group went around and snatch the babe. . , . . . so catch my drift
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:52am On May 04, 2009
Im interested in what others think regarding this question,
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 1:53am On May 04, 2009
acidrop:

well it depened i think it apples to the gurls too. . . , . so mumu guys that cant make decision on their own yes, . . .i even have a case of a guy who said no to a gurl jst because his friends said she wasent fine enough and will ruin their reputation. , . . .  but one of the friend in d group went around and snatch the babe. . , . . . so catch my drift

Right ! Some friends can say things out of jealously.
Re: Question For Men: by acidrop(f): 1:54am On May 04, 2009
yeah, . . .and if the guy is daft enough to listen will lose the gurl . . . . . . the best is dont let ppl tell u wat 2 do. , . .follow ur mind
Re: Question For Men: by FLGators1: 1:57am On May 04, 2009
@Post
Ehrrrm, how old are those men?

Cause if I can rem. back in the teens age, my friends and I usually get approval from each other before we date a guy or so.

And, that was back then. Now, do they really care what I think about this guy? Do I care what they think?
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 1:57am On May 04, 2009
acidrop:

well it depened i think it apples to the gurls too. . . ,  . so mumu guys that cant make decision on their own yes,  . . .i even have a case of a guy who said no to a gurl jst because his friends said she wasent fine enough and will ruin their reputation. ,  . . .  but one of the friend in d group went around and snatch the babe. . ,  . . . so catch my drift

How old are you and those guys anyway?  grin No offence but 18yr olds arent exactly appropriate examples at this point.

posakosa:

Well, I don't percieve them to be men of integrity. But regardless, I treated them with respect and they attempted to treat me like sh, it thinking I wouldn't speak up and I showed them F I R E  grin grin

Wrong move IMO. you shld have approached your guy first and asked him to rectify the situation. That your guy's friends treated you badly is probably because they knew even he did not respect you in the first place. If you truly respect your woman . . . woe betide that friend that tries to belittle her.
Re: Question For Men: by acidrop(f): 1:59am On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

How old are you and those guys anyway? grin No offence but 18yr olds arent exactly appropriate examples at this point.

Wrong move IMO. you shld have approached your guy first and asked him to rectify the situation. That your guy's friends treated you badly is probably because they knew even he did not respect you in the first place. If you truly respect your woman . . . woe betide that friend that tries to belittle her.

u n this ur age remarks. . . .1st of all did i said it happened to me ? moreover i am definatley older than wat u think
Re: Question For Men: by kaypumpin2(m): 2:00am On May 04, 2009
@posakosa

Unless of course the defination for friends have been changed,the scenario of "snatching" or giving advice based on jealousy WILL never occur.

As David posited earlier,all his arguments are premised on the fact  that "friends" in the case at hand are genuine people with your love at heart.
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 2:01am On May 04, 2009
kay_pumpin:

@posakosa

Unless of course the defination for friends have been changed,the scenario of "snatching" or giving advice based on jealousy WILL never occur.

As David posited earlier,all his arguments are premised on the fact  that "friends" in the case at hand are genuine people with your love at heart.

you encapsulated my point so succinctly.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 2:06am On May 04, 2009
point taken.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 2:08am On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

Wrong move IMO. you shld have approached your guy first and asked him to rectify the situation. [b]That your guy's friends treated you badly is probably because they knew even he did not respect you in the first place. [/b]If you truly respect your woman . . . woe betide that friend that tries to belittle her.

Whats IMO ?

That your guy's friends treated you badly is probably because they knew even he did not respect you in the first place.
True talk,

So are you implying that the way a man's friends treats a woman is an indicator that the man doesn't respect the woman ? Pls enlighten me!
Re: Question For Men: by platinumnk(f): 2:10am On May 04, 2009
seee im i wanted to marry a guy , i would try to make friends with his
Re: Question For Men: by platinumnk(f): 2:11am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

Whats IMO ?

In My Opinion
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 2:13am On May 04, 2009
Theres a phrase that says "show me your friend and I will show you who you are"

Therefore I can only conclude that just like a man's friends can determine and make decisions for a man, Woman too should also be able to make substantial conclusions based on meeting the man's friends.

If a mans friends are losers, liars and disrespectful, find your way down another path/relationship.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 2:14am On May 04, 2009
platinumnk:

In My Opinion

aaah Thanks!
Re: Question For Men: by kaypumpin2(m): 2:18am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

Theres a phrase that says "show me your friend and I will show you who you are"

Therefore I can only conclude that just like a man's friends can determine and make decisions for a man, Woman too should also be able to make substantial conclusions based on meeting the man's friends.
If a mans friends are losers, liars and disrespectful, find your way down another path/relationship.

Once again you have judged correctly cheesy
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 2:19am On May 04, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 2:21am On May 04, 2009
posakosa:

So are you implying that the way a man's friends treats a woman is an indicator that the man doesn't respect the woman ? Pls enlighten me!

Exactly. If your dude regularly thrashes you when he's with his friends . . . they have no incentive to treat you better than a useful nuisance. If he shows (by words and deeds) that he respects you and is willing to stand by you . . . even if his friends irrationally hate you they'd try to make sure you dont see it.
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 2:27am On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

Exactly. If your dude regularly thrashes you when he's with his friends . . . they have no incentive to treat you better than a useful nuisance. If he shows (by words and deeds) that he respects you and is willing to stand by you . . . even if his friends irrationally hate you they'd try to make sure you dont see it.

Makes sense, In my case, he trashed me in front of his friends when I wasn't there, So every time we all met, they couldn't pretend or hide hateful feelings,
Re: Question For Men: by cooldud62: 2:45am On May 04, 2009
hi poster, can you answer this question for me pls?
what will make a friend tell another
friend to leave a girl he likes and wants to date?
Re: Question For Men: by Kentr0(m): 2:58am On May 04, 2009
Its nt important bt its alwys good 4 friends 2 appreciate wat u hav bt dont trust dem
Re: Question For Men: by posakosa(m): 7:06am On May 04, 2009
cooldud62*:

hi poster, can you answer this question for me pls?
what will make a friend tell another
friend to leave a girl he likes and wants to date?

I don't know, reason why the poster exists,
Re: Question For Men: by loyeruope: 8:34am On May 04, 2009
For me, it depends on which of my friends have a reservation. I have some friends I take their advise very seriously because they have been right in the past and I have been dead wrong, so if they say "don't", truth is, I won't. Its all a matter of trust and historical precedent.
And yes, you ladies, if you think a guy will leave his friends because of you then please wake up, it wont happen, we men are not just made that way. So my advise is that you accept this as an inexorable fact and play your cards appropriately. If you play your cards well, you will win, trust me!
Re: Question For Men: by Secretz(f): 8:43am On May 04, 2009
To be honest it really depends on what the friends are saying! What he see as a minor flaw in me his friends may see as major and the same applies for women! If my friends have some of evidence that he's cheating, lieing to me or using me then feel free to come and share that. Other characteristics I would prefer my previous experience, knowledge and intelligence to find all that out! A person can only 'act' for soo long before revealing their true person!
Re: Question For Men: by cooldud62: 11:40am On May 04, 2009
Why i asked the question is because whatever made his friends think you are not good enough will have a strong hold on the guy. His friends are supposed to have same mindset as his, what's appalling to his friends will probably be to him too.

But importantly, your friends should not dictate to you.
Only you know the "quantity of food that will satisfy you".
Re: Question For Men: by Nobody: 11:47am On May 04, 2009
i don't need any of my friends approval to start any relationship!!!
Re: Question For Men: by Feelitx(m): 11:58am On May 04, 2009
I think I am going with Davidylan on this. He has bared his amd my mind on this. I felt like he read through me.
Re: Question For Men: by seebaba(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2009
same geos for women, i cant allow my friends to be a deciding factor in my love life coollol
Re: Question For Men: by Badriyyah(f): 12:50pm On May 04, 2009
davidylan:

I agree.
Re: Question For Men: by iice(f): 2:12pm On May 04, 2009
If the man has tight bonds with his friends, sorry you have to be accepted by them too.
Re: Question For Men: by Pataki: 2:20pm On May 04, 2009
Within my inner circle of male friends, yes we do talk and approve of one another's girlfriend or wife. If she truly wants to relate to me, she has to be ''acceptable'' to my friends as well.
Re: Question For Men: by Secretz(f): 2:23pm On May 04, 2009
Pataki:

Within my inner circle of male friends, yes we do talk and approve of one another's girlfriend or wife. If she truly wants to relate to me, she has to be ''acceptable'' to my friends as well.

That makes perfect sense! But some friends do pick at silly and unnecesary things! But it's true, my friends should really accept him. Especially if we all want to do things together, makes life easy for everyone involved in the relationship lol. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

At What Age Did You/would Like To Have Your First Child? / Guys, If U Saw Anoda Man Atop Your Babe Having Intimacy Wot Wud Be Ur Reaction? / What Are Some Deal Breaker Questions You've Encountered With opposite gender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.