Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? (21611 Views)

Amina Mohammed And Her "Social Media Team". What's Wrong With It? / What Really Is Wrong With This Administration? Unlucky Or Incapable? / The Nigerian Youth not Ready for Leadership - Femi Pedro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by FirstCounsel(m): 4:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Sijo01:
Cowardice is what's wrong with Nigerian youth!
Its not cowardice really. They just refuse to learn and read between the lines. No sense of history at all. They all invade nl and throw insults and childish tantrums. The other day a kid was pretending to be a "lawyer" on the politics board and when I cautioned him not to mislead others all I got was a bag of insults. If this was not a faceless forum I would have spent my resources to track him and teach him a lesson he wont forget in a long while.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Ballmer: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
OP as Nobel as your intent sound a careful look at previous post gave your mischievous away. You urge support for Jonathan but want protest for Buhari. What exactly is the problem with you wailers ?

I voted and campaigned for Buhari because of the cluelessness of Jonathan and four month into this administration am left unsatisfied but I know things can only get beta.

Personally I am no saint but I can stand a presidential declaration that stealing of govt money is not corruption. It mean nothing to wailers because all previous president have been stealing but legalising it is telling Nigerians to their face that they are morons N that was exactly what Jonathan did on national TV.

In conclusion whatever could not lead you to protest during the over 5 years of Jonathan forget about protesting during Buhari 4 yrs. once the first tenure is completed you can come back n agitate for protest then.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
#fact

Please let's grow up and act up.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by islandmoon: 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2015
Some people are just saying rubbish on here, if you come out to protest, they will face you with gun and shoot you, ordinary online protest, didn't you see what Murray Bruce said about bloggers yesterday? Were you blind? I opened a car wash business, it was a government waterboard staff that shut down the business despite paying bills every month, he want bribe every month , more than I get from the business, I got a job in a small oil company, they said I must join cult society or I lose my job! What do we do then? Why not lead the protest, sas will shoot you that day, look at who is talking! Mtchewww

I have worked as a scafolder, marine worker, I see my colleaque died in the water, his body was sent back to PH, a very hard working guy, no safety measures in place, personal business fraustrated with government policies
I even try to sell cars, paper or no paper customer will collect bribe from you, no right in Nigeria, they will fraustrate you, if you try to fight for you right, you will get shot, only the dead win cases of fighting for your right

How do you stay in business when some of your fellow car sell smuggles in their cars via niger kastina state ? When you pay duty here in the west?
My friend went abroad to find a better life, he was shot in the train in south africa, http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Man-murdered-on-Cape-Town-train-20150826 the family just got to know yesterday , everyones in tears.
even when you try to do bricklayer labor work to get 2k to eat, they will say your grammar is too much, they won't carry you,

I suppose don marry, but will will marry a jobless man!
When you go for job interview, they want 10years working experience, or you must bring a letter from senator!
Are you still blaming me?
You are all confused, one day, I will kill myself and go and rest, you can write anything you like on social media about my death, I don't care!

Useless leaders, all they know is to steal billions and set police to frustrate the youth! Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode, one day, it will happen, any politican that come near me, I will make sure I bite off his or her ear, even if na inside church! You will soon hear the news, it will make front page

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Ogarj(m): 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
If You are Scared to Take Chances you will Never have the Answers.
#OurTimeIsNow
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by GreatManBee: 5:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
Seriously, what is wrong with us? I don't understand.
davies123:
What is wrong with Nigerian youths?

There is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian youth

Why do Nigerian youths fail to put ethnic, religious, and every other affiliation sentiments aside and fight and defend their future!?

Can’t we think?

How long will the political class divide and rule us?

Can’t we see what they are doing?

PDP = APC = Political class

They are the same people. They cross from one to the other for their selfish reasons while we fight and abuse one another on social media they are looting us dry!

What is wrong with the Nigerian youth?

In 1989 the chinese youths and studenst went on hunger strike and they where without food for days demanding policy changes that will make their lives better - and today China is a first world country and the biggest beneficiary are the youths

What is wrong with us!?

Next month, November the electricity charges will be hiked by 40% and we are online throwing tantrums at one another

While South African youths are out protest the proposed school fees hike as I speak!

Is it a wonder that they are making progress and moving towards being a first world

what is wrong with the NIgerian Youth?

Cc Lalastica Pls let people read this

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
islandmoon:
Some people are just saying rubbish on here, if you come out to protest, they will face you with gun and shoot you, I opened a car wash business, it was a government waterboard staff that shut down the business despite paying bills every month, he want bribe every month , more than I get from the business, I got a job in a small oil company, they said I must join cult society or I lose my job! What do we do then? Why not lead the protest, sas will shoot you that day, look at who is talking! Mtchewww

Every great country has reached a point where it's citizens stood up for what they believe in and were prepared to fight/sacrifice for it. Mandela spent 27 years in jail, you think he didn't like his freedom? You think he wanted his kids to grow up without their father present? You think it is easy to be in Jail for 27 years! There are many more citizens than there are government ofiicials. police and/or Army. If people are not prepared to sacrifice and stand up for good government, then.

We all are cowards and our leaders know that, we all don't want to die but are waiting for someone to die for us? If we aren't prepared to stand up for something, them maybe we don't deserve it or at least not ready for it..

"If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good." Thomas J. Watson

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by rman: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
j1mmy:
rephrase

What is wrong with Nigerians? PERIOD!

People who are having children more than they and the nation can feed!
People who spend most of their time on god, church, pastor and irrelevant nonsense.
People who are obsessed with lighter skinned people
People who think there is a heaven waiting them when they die
People who spend their money swimming in shark infested waters to go pick tomatoes in Europe while the Chinese are taking over the land they left behind...

You tell me what is wrong?

Respect! This is the crux of the matter.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by SaintVico(m): 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nigeria youths are still sleeping they don't knknow their right from their left. But some are doing well here and outside.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by islandmoon: 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
lookandlaff:

Every great country has reached a point where it's citizens stood up for what they believe in and were prepared to fight/sacrifice for it. Mandela spent 27 years in jail, you think he didn't like his freedom? You think he wanted his kids to grow up without their father present? You think it is easy to be in Jail for 27 years! There are many more citizens than there are government ofiicials. police and/or Army. If people are not prepared to sacrifice and stand up for good government, then.

We all are cowards and our leaders know that, we all don't want to die but are waiting for someone to die for us? If we aren't prepared to stand up for something, them maybe we don't deserve it or at least not ready for it..

"If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good." Thomas J. Watson

I DOUBT IF ANYONE REMEMBER THE GUY THAT DIED DURING FUEL SUBSIDY PROTEST, the one the police shot, do you even know his name?
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by armadeo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
edwife:

Mix with [size=16pt]DELUSION OF GRANDEUR AND ENTITLEMENT .[/size]

How I wish I could embolden your bold word.

The idea of entitlement I the most annoying. Nothing done but rewards expected. You cannot expect development with such a mentality. Only when achievements are rewarded properly will we be ale to develop.

The first head of state I knew as IBB from them till date nothing much has changed. Wd should be an beacon in Africa not a laughing stock.

We need reorientation. Education is crap, social amenities crap. Lies peddled everyday by the average Nigerian. Nobody believes anybody. Everything rubbish.

We need to change only then will we progress.

Modified

@lookandlaff. My initial post mentioned IBB there's a reason I said so.

I was glad to see you expantiate on the issue. We are only beginning to see he damage done by those people. Real damage that needs a generational wipe out to be solved.

What can we do. Start from somewhere. That's the only ploy.

Again modified.

Lookandlaff. You got it right we are cowards. If anyone dies in search or battle for the truth they would say who send am.

Let's live in the country as we see it.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by abbey621(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2015
Let's go back to the genesis, relax your minds and let's focus on the basics.

1. Who are the youths? What exactly does it mean to be called a youth?
2. How old is Nigeria? A country of less than 60 years with less than half of it under democratic rule cannot and should not be compared to a country of over 100 to 150 years of democratic or non military rule!
3. Patriotism: No one wants to die, do you? We have little or no patriots in 9ja. It takes true patriotism to start a revolution not mouthing off on Nairaland. Unfortunately the love of money will 90% of the time overpower dying for your country. For example: the armed forces in the USA, most recruits join because they want to fight for their country but in 9ja most of our military consists of people who joined out of frustration or highly uneducated people.

4. Poverty! Poverty!! Poverty!!! An hungry man is a man that cannot think properly, a man frustrated beyond words and a man bound to make mistakes.

5. Upbringing: Nowadays we have parents with low morals bringing up children with even lower standards. The society is filled with criminals both white collar and blue collar. There's a saying which geos like this "You only know what you know", unfortunately for Nigerian youths we only know what we've been trained to know. If your parents instilled corruption on you, you are more likely to be corrupt. If your parents grew up blasting Nigeria, you are more likely to end up thinking negatively.

Now to the solution! It's simple my friends, the future is still in the hands of the youths but not in the way you think! A generation of youths is coming that will change the Nigerian economic situation forever. Most of them are either outside Nigeria now or have contacts outside. These generation of youths will end up taking over from the Dangote's the Adenugas and co. The people I am talking about will have so much money and influence that the government would be forced to listen to them, the old folks would have been long gone by then. No more Tinubu, no more Buhari no more Obasanjo, all dead and gone. This brings us back to the first question: Who or what are the youths? The youths I'm talking about will be in their 40s or the 50s by the time they make meaningful contribution to Nigeria hence the youths are really not that youthful. We should be focusing now on those in power, not looking at what's wrong with the youths of nowadays. Look at the Davidos, the Psquare, the Wizkids of this world and imagine youths with 10 times as much money as they have combined, that is the type of youths coming to develop Nigeria. It sounds crazy and farfetched but if you've seen what I've seen you wouldn't doubt it(Nigerians abroad make up 10 to 15% of the executives in fortune 500 companies). Nigeria's entrepreneurs are waiting outside its shores, waiting for the right time to invest and this can only mean good news for the future!

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2015
islandmoon:

I DOUBT IF ANYONE REMEMBER THE GUY THAT DIED DURING FUEL SUBSIDY PROTEST, the one the police shot, do you even know his name?

That is a reflection of the larger society where we are not our brother's keepers and we are all guilty of that young and old.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by redcliff: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
Lilimax:
Nigeria youths are frustrated because we are not given our rightful place in governance embarassed
A situation whereby 'geriatricians' dominates the affairs of the nation is not acceptable smiley
When will the youths become the leaders of tomorrow?
To me that tomorrow is here with us but our so called leaders kept on pushing it forward...

well, if you folks keep waiting to get the right chance to govern, you would not get it. the average nigerian youth is stupendously lazy and does not want to work for anything and waits for it to be given on a platter. things dont work like that.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2015
islandmoon:
Some people are just saying rubbish on here, if you come out to protest, they will face you with gun and shoot you, ordinary online protest, didn't you see what Murray Bruce said about bloggers yesterday? Were you blind? I opened a car wash business, it was a government waterboard staff that shut down the business despite paying bills every month, he want bribe every month , more than I get from the business, I got a job in a small oil company, they said I must join cult society or I lose my job! What do we do then? Why not lead the protest, sas will shoot you that day, look at who is talking! Mtchewww

I have worked as a scafolder, marine worker, I see my colleaque died in the water, his body was sent back to PH, a very hard working guy, no safety measures in place, personal business fraustrated with government policies
I even try to sell cars, paper or no paper customer will collect bribe from you, no right in Nigeria, they will fraustrate you, if you try to fight for you right, you will get shot, only the dead win cases of fighting for your right

How do you stay in business when some of your fellow car sell smuggles in their cars via niger kastina state ? When you pay duty here in the west?
My friend went abroad to find a better life, he was shot in the train in south africa, http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Man-murdered-on-Cape-Town-train-20150826 the family just got to know yesterday , everyones in tears.
even when you try to do bricklayer labor work to get 2k to eat, they will say your grammar is too much, they won't carry you,

I suppose don marry, but will will marry a jobless man!
When you go for job interview, they want 10years working experience, or you must bring a letter from senator!
Are you still blaming me?
You are all confused, one day, I will kill myself and go and rest, you can write anything you like on social media about my death, I don't care!

Useless leaders, all they know is to steal billions and set police to frustrate the youth! Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode, one day, it will happen, any politican that come near me, I will make sure I bite off his or her ear, even if na inside church! You will soon hear the news, it will make front page
scary! But hard things are done by humans.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by ViktorMartins(m): 6:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
raayah:
Heartfelt post!
I think poverty is a factor in all this.
A lot of our youths are unemployed and searching for jobs day and night.
How can they fight when they're hungry?

Let those old men give Nigerian youths a chance. A lot of youths on nairaland with leadership experience can be senators and governors etc..

I would have said you dumb for typing this but you can't talk and reason beyond your environment! You fight for your place in this world, it's not given to you! You fight for it!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by alexis007(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
My own be say....No be me spoil Nigeria.
The people who did the aforementioned evil should bear the blame. Besides I'm an only son......lipsrsealed

On a more serious note, this country is hardly giving us any chance. Note the word 'hardly' very well. Which means that there exist a little chance to get to the uppermost top. How little this chance is, is none of my business. What I'm concerned with is that the possibility exists.

Op, I don't know for you, but I must reach and mix with the very elite of the human society. I am aware of the struggles involved in this ambition....but whenever I glance back at where I am coming from, and what shame I have suffered based on my background, then this accomplishment is highly necessary. My offsprings must enjoy a tomorrow better than my today and yesterday.

Once at the top, whether I would better the living conditions of the masses, or continue with the insensitive trend of corruption and massive looting, would solely depend on my volition. If nobody had cared about me, then i shouldn't feel obliged to care about anybody.

Goodluck with your rallying cry for a youth-favoured revolution. Just bear in mind that for every one Mandela you know, there are other freedom fighters in the thousands who you never knew....and would never know. Meanwhile, I am working my whole ass out till I get to the top. I no longer depend on any government to better my living condition. That responsibility is now taken care of by ME.....and my God.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by poik(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=davies123 post=39276404]What is wrong with Nigerian youths?

Why do Nigerian youths fail to put ethnic, religious, and every other affiliation sentiments aside and fight and defend their future!?

Can’t we think?

They are the same people. They cross from one to the other for their selfish reasons while we fight and abuse one another on social media they are looting us dry!

In 1989 the chinese youths and studenst went on hunger strike and they where without food for days demanding policy changes that will make their lives better - and today China is a first world country and the biggest beneficiary are the youths

What is wrong with us!?

Next month, November the electricity charges will be hiked by 40% and we are online throwing tantrums at one another

While South African youths are out protest the proposed school fees hike as I speak!

Is it a wonder that they are making progress and moving towards being a first world

The problem: hydra-headed. The cause? Fear. Of what? Nothing!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by jay2smart19(m): 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2015
raayah:
Heartfelt post!
I think poverty is a factor in all this.
A lot of our youths are unemployed and searching for jobs day and night.
How can they fight when they're hungry?

Let those old men give Nigerian youths a chance. A lot of youths on nairaland with leadership experience can be senators and governors etc..
in lil wayne's voice: nobody will give u a chance, u got to go and get it.
Nigerian youths (not all though) have no mind of there own. we dnt need elders to take us to the promised land. we can get there with em as spectators or not. hw old was bil gate wen he started his career? hw old is mark z? hw old was obama wen he was elected, hw old is are all dis young folks making the world go round? we the youth can only endure these series of sh+it released every yr or we can decide to step up and demand the kind of nation we want and if they cant, which am sure of, they should step aside and try us for the period they hav wasted. wat we hav is a group of elite switching position since 1970. check it and c. military head of state=president
milutary governors= state gov/senators
state gov= senator
senator= state governor
house member=senator/governor
the list goes on.
youths will see and agree with me except those related to this team changing formation for decades.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Emirofsambisa1: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
I stop and stare at the younger, my heart goes to 'em

They tested, it was stress that they under
And nowadays things changed

Everyone's ashamed of the youth cause the truth looks strange

And for me it's reversed, we left them a world that's cursed, and it hurts

2pac - Ghetto Gospel

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by idrissunny: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
My brother you have said it all,but is on unfortunate because eny group of youth brave up to the occassion the will security agencies to intimidate us or those leading the group could be lure and some naira will exchange hands and that will end case
davies123:

Can’t we think?

What is wrong with us!?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by blacknumbia123(m): 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
davies123:

Can’t we think?

What is wrong with us!?

That is eeh!! Sometimes I wonder. Please I will love to know the way forward. Am ready to go extra length to see that the youths of this blessed country have a say.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by EagleEyes001(m): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Most youths are scared, they all know the truth but the fear won't let them fight for there right. People don't care about the future, most youths sacrifice there rights there destiny for invaluable instant gratification, how can you be the future when you have sold your future already. if the youths can put selfishness away and look upon great things fr the future, that's a start for better things to come

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Cjizzy(m): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2015
clevadani:

Nobody will give u a chance. U have to show/prove that u deserve it.
Exactly how do we prove that By becoming boot lickers ??
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Akiika: 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Simple answer....they are closed-minded.
The politicians have denied them normal utilities of life, that it has become luxuries to them. They have been so used to chaos, absurdity and brigandage that it has become normal to them. They don't see beyond their local community. The dint of exposure they have is on Nairaland, that is sadly populated with folks of like minds. Where would they learn? Their brain is so wired to verbal abuse, they'll respond to comment with verbal abuse if they disagree with you.
They are intellectually empty and so lazy to read, local Nigerian Artiste and agbero politicians like Fayose are their role models. They lack courtesy and decorum as enshrined in the community. The only thing they understand is money, in however cruel manner they get it.
Pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by davies123: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ballmer:
OP as Nobel as your intent sound a careful look at previous post gave your mischievous away. You urge support for Jonathan but want protest for Buhari. What exactly is the problem with you wailers ?

I voted and campaigned for Buhari because of the cluelessness of Jonathan and four month into this administration am left unsatisfied but I know things can only get beta.

Personally I am no saint but I can stand a presidential declaration that stealing of govt money is not corruption. It mean nothing to wailers because all previous president have been stealing but legalising it is telling Nigerians to their face that they are morons N that was exactly what Jonathan did on national TV.

In conclusion whatever could not lead you to protest during the over 5 years of Jonathan forget about protesting during Buhari 4 yrs. once the first tenure is completed you can come back n agitate for protest then.

[size=18pt]Comment like yours is exactly what inspired this post![/size]
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by clevadani: 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2015
Cjizzy:
Exactly how do we prove that By becoming boot lickers ??
No. But by becoming too good to be rejected. You can't sit at home and expect someone to hand u a leadership position. You must prove your worth in your current position
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by PastorOla1: 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nigerian Youth Is lazy and lack deep thinking

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by kunlegboye(m): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
Though REVOLUTION is long overdue for the nigeria youth yet we don't kno....Since five days back we've not got light....Unemployment and underemployment is like over 90%... i dont kno y we're comfortable with these.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by jpphilips(m): 11:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
davies123:

Can’t we think?

What is wrong with us!?

Poor education or lack of it is the cause.
The average Nigerian youth doesnt know his or her left from right, havent you noticed that the opinion of youths here fall below human standard?
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Nigerian youths are group of young men and women without focus,identity,clue,reason to have a better future,unreasonable,timid,hero worshippers,slaves to clueless politicians masters and above all,brain washed people without prospects!When the youths of a country lack understanding,that country is as good as extinct.I weep for us because we have nothing to offer,to live for and to die for.That's who we are,"Nigerian youths"!
davies123:

Can’t we think?

What is wrong with us!?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by emmydollars4life(m): 2:42am On Oct 24, 2015
sigiyaya:
Because Nigeria is not a country chikina...........
When you try to protest like every other country you will be surprised to receive a bullet instead of anti riot shield. Nigeria have no value for life. A protest will cost life and nobody will talk about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down / Bandits Who Attacked Yauri, Kebbi College Shot Students – Witness / Wike To Sign Cancelation Of Omehia's Recognition As Ex- Rivers Governor Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.