Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? (21609 Views)

Amina Mohammed And Her "Social Media Team". What's Wrong With It? / What Really Is Wrong With This Administration? Unlucky Or Incapable? / The Nigerian Youth not Ready for Leadership - Femi Pedro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2015
emmydollars4life:

When you try to protest like every other country you will be surprised to receive a bullet instead of anti riot shield. Nigeria have no value for life. A protest will cost life and nobody will talk about it.

A man Lives in a town where there a no jobs, he is broke and hungry, he can't feed his family and is losing his mind, he can't afford to educate his kids because he has no money he is alive but dying a slow death. He is told about a town 400km away where there are jobs but he complains that he has no money for the transport fare to get there and may die on the way if he tries to walk that distance. He does nothing dying a slow death waiting for someone to give him the money to travel to this town. He could seize the initiative and start to walk the 400km to this town and hopefully get a job and turn around his fortunes or he can stay hungry waiting in vain for someone else to help him. He MAY die on the way to the town in search for a better future but he WILL CERTAINLY die eventually waiting around in a land with no job and no food. Life is about choices and our choices are a reflection of how our priorities and how badly we want something.

You are the youth of the internet generation, be innovative, today's protests are about social media, guaranteeing a world wide audience. Use your brains and use social media to your advantage, instead of drooling over which car davido or Psquare has bought or which house Linda has bought. The people running the country are analogue, show that you are truly smarter than them.

In life we get what we deserve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Cjizzy(m): 8:59am On Oct 24, 2015
lookandlaff:

A man Lives in a town where there a no jobs, he is broke and hungry, he can't feed his family and is losing his mind, he can't afford to educate his kids because he has no money he is alive but dying a slow death. He is told about a town 400km away where there are jobs but he complains that he has no money for the transport fare to get there and may die on the way if he tries to walk that distance. He does nothing dying a slow death waiting for someone to give him the money to travel to this town. He could seize the initiative and start to walk the 400km to this town and hopefully get a job and turn around his fortunes or he can stay hungry waiting in vain for someone else to help him. He MAY die on the way to the town in search for a better future but he WILL CERTAINLY die eventually waiting around in a land with no job and no food. Life is about choices and our choices are a reflection of how our priorities and how badly we want something.

You are the youth of the internet generation, be innovative, today's protests are about social media, guaranteeing a world wide audience. Use your brains and use social media to your advantage, instead of drooling over which car davido or Psquare has bought or which house Linda has bought. The people running the country are analogue, show that you are truly smarter than them.

In life we get what we deserve.
Waiter!!!!!!!!!! Give this guy 6 bottles of Star and 4 plates of nkwobi..... Eloquently Put
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Ana234(f): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2015
I believe if we come together and put our differences aside we can make a change! Nice post
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by otiigba1(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Nigerians have the if it does not affect me and my families then its not my problem attitude. Every man on their own, and the are easily bought.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by otiigba1(m): 9:33am On Oct 24, 2015
emmydollars4life:

When you try to protest like every other country you will be surprised to receive a bullet instead of anti riot shield. Nigeria have no value for life. A protest will cost life and nobody will talk about it.
i think you mean no one is ready to die for another, but they are ready to die for their corrupt politicians
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by otiigba1(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2015
Nigerians are the reflections of the people leading them, corrupt, liers and cowards angry
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 24, 2015
otiigba1:
Nigerians are the reflections of the people leading them, corrupt, liers and cowards angry

Leaders are a subset of the people, bad leaders can only endure when you have a docile population. It is human nature to push the boundaries of his fellow man but you only get away with what you are allowed to get away with. If you slap a man and he doesn't protest, you will slap him tomorrow, one day you will slap him simply because someone else annoyed you and he was the one next to you. What stops leaders from doing what they want with impunity is the knowledge that the population will not stand for it. When a man steals public funds and a whole town rallies to save him from prosecution, you are telling him he has your blessing to steal more. Don't blame the leaders, many of us would do worse, see what a man who claimed he grew up poor and with no shoes did when he had his chance.

Secondly there are many well qualified and honest individuals that will want to serve in government Many are disillusioned because the mentality of the society, some utterances from youths clearly suggest that their efforts will not be appreciated. For example, in elections who are the people used to rig, are they not youths? If you say to them this are my policies and plans for you when I get into office, trust me with your vote, they will say that is grammar they want money now, so they go for the moneybags. You need to understand the mentality of leaders, If I've paid you for your vote, you have no right to come to me asking for anything, I'm not obliged to serve you once I win an election that I bought because there is no contract of performance, I've bought your vote, you didn't trust me with it. Youth 9especially the less educsated or disadvantaged ones should be educated and encouraged to stop selling their votes!!! When you have a society that does not encourage upright people from seeking public office or in fact discourages them, don't turn around complain about the leaders you have.

Let me also say one thing, Youths are the foot solders of any country, leaders may formulate all the policy they want, but the people implementing them are youths. So if things aren't working, youths should take a good look at themselves, did you do your job properly with professionalism today? Jonathan or Buhari are the not the tax inspectors, customs officers, junior civil servants, policemen etc. Every society has some level of corruption at the top, but they function because the larger socirty has a conscience and aren't corrupt. our problem is that corruption is an endemic part of society. Quite rankly my biggest worry with the "change" agenda is that the larger society are the ones that really need the biggest change and more worrying is the fact that people under 35, the foot soldiers have never known anything other than corruption.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by zynzyn(m): 11:20am On Oct 24, 2015
davies123:
What is wrong with Nigerian youths?

There is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian youth

Why do Nigerian youths fail to put ethnic, religious, and every other affiliation sentiments aside and fight and defend their future!?

Can’t we think?

How long will the political class divide and rule us?

Can’t we see what they are doing?

PDP = APC = Political class

They are the same people. They cross from one to the other for their selfish reasons while we fight and abuse one another on social media they are looting us dry!

What is wrong with the Nigerian youth?

In 1989 the chinese youths and studenst went on hunger strike and they where without food for days demanding policy changes that will make their lives better - and today China is a first world country and the biggest beneficiary are the youths

What is wrong with us!?

Next month, November the electricity charges will be hiked by 40% and we are online throwing tantrums at one another

While South African youths are out protest the proposed school fees hike as I speak!

Is it a wonder that they are making progress and moving towards being a first world

what is wrong with the NIgerian Youth?

Cc Lalastica Pls let people read this

Nigerian youth are suffering from corruption psychosis! sad
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by mikolo80: 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2015
rapmike:

Very funny and insightful.
too bad many don't agree
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Cjizzy(m): 6:59am On Oct 27, 2015
lookandlaff:

Leaders are a subset of the people, bad leaders can only endure when you have a docile population. It is human nature to push the boundaries of his fellow man but you only get away with what you are allowed to get away with. If you slap a man and he doesn't protest, you will slap him tomorrow, one day you will slap him simply because someone else annoyed you and he was the one next to you. What stops leaders from doing what they want with impunity is the knowledge that the population will not stand for it. When a man steals public funds and a whole town rallies to save him from prosecution, you are telling him he has your blessing to steal more. Don't blame the leaders, many of us would do worse, see what a man who claimed he grew up poor and with no shoes did when he had his chance.

Secondly there are many well qualified and honest individuals that will want to serve in government Many are disillusioned because the mentality of the society, some utterances from youths clearly suggest that their efforts will not be appreciated. For example, in elections who are the people used to rig, are they not youths? If you say to them this are my policies and plans for you when I get into office, trust me with your vote, they will say that is grammar they want money now, so they go for the moneybags. You need to understand the mentality of leaders, If I've paid you for your vote, you have no right to come to me asking for anything, I'm not obliged to serve you once I win an election that I bought because there is no contract of performance, I've bought your vote, you didn't trust me with it. Youth 9especially the less educsated or disadvantaged ones should be educated and encouraged to stop selling their votes!!! When you have a society that does not encourage upright people from seeking public office or in fact discourages them, don't turn around complain about the leaders you have.

Let me also say one thing, Youths are the foot solders of any country, leaders may formulate all the policy they want, but the people implementing them are youths. So if things aren't working, youths should take a good look at themselves, did you do your job properly with professionalism today? Jonathan or Buhari are the not the tax inspectors, customs officers, junior civil servants, policemen etc. Every society has some level of corruption at the top, but they function because the larger socirty has a conscience and aren't corrupt. our problem is that corruption is an endemic part of society. Quite rankly my biggest worry with the "change" agenda is that the larger society are the ones that really need the biggest change and more worrying is the fact that people under 35, the foot soldiers have never known anything other than corruption.
Waiter o!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give this my bro Meat Pie and 2 bottles of Legend
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by dmz1: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2015
in 1967 Nigerian youths overthrew the govt and killed some corrupt leaders but it was termed Igbo coup and millions of Igbos were killed in response and now you want another igbos to bell the cat?
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Kennyking1234: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
amazing
abbey621:
Let's go back to the genesis, relax your minds and let's focus on the basics.

1. Who are the youths? What exactly does it mean to be called a youth?
2. How old is Nigeria? A country of less than 60 years with less than half of it under democratic rule cannot and should not be compared to a country of over 100 to 150 years of democratic or non military rule!
3. Patriotism: No one wants to die, do you? We have little or no patriots in 9ja. It takes true patriotism to start a revolution not mouthing off on Nairaland. Unfortunately the love of money will 90% of the time overpower dying for your country. For example: the armed forces in the USA, most recruits join because they want to fight for their country but in 9ja most of our military consists of people who joined out of frustration or highly uneducated people.

4. Poverty! Poverty!! Poverty!!! An hungry man is a man that cannot think properly, a man frustrated beyond words and a man bound to make mistakes.

5. Upbringing: Nowadays we have parents with low morals bringing up children with even lower standards. The society is filled with criminals both white collar and blue collar. There's a saying which geos like this "You only know what you know", unfortunately for Nigerian youths we only know what we've been trained to know. If your parents instilled corruption on you, you are more likely to be corrupt. If your parents grew up blasting Nigeria, you are more likely to end up thinking negatively.

Now to the solution! It's simple my friends, the future is still in the hands of the youths but not in the way you think! A generation of youths is coming that will change the Nigerian economic situation forever. Most of them are either outside Nigeria now or have contacts outside. These generation of youths will end up taking over from the Dangote's the Adenugas and co. The people I am talking about will have so much money and influence that the government would be forced to listen to them, the old folks would have been long gone by then. No more Tinubu, no more Buhari no more Obasanjo, all dead and gone. This brings us back to the first question: Who or what are the youths? The youths I'm talking about will be in their 40s or the 50s by the time they make meaningful contribution to Nigeria hence the youths are really not that youthful. We should be focusing now on those in power, not looking at what's wrong with the youths of nowadays. Look at the Davidos, the Psquare, the Wizkids of this world and imagine youths with 10 times as much money as they have combined, that is the type of youths coming to develop Nigeria. It sounds crazy and farfetched but if you've seen what I've seen you wouldn't doubt it(Nigerians abroad make up 10 to 15% of the executives in fortune 500 companies). Nigeria's entrepreneurs are waiting outside its shores, waiting for the right time to invest and this can only mean good news for the future!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Regrets Inconvenience Caused By Petrol, Electricity Shortages / Dire Consequences In Niger-Delta If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected - Presidency / Festus Adedayo : The Festus They Thought They Could Pull Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.