Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? (21608 Views)

Amina Mohammed And Her "Social Media Team". What's Wrong With It? / What Really Is Wrong With This Administration? Unlucky Or Incapable? / The Nigerian Youth not Ready for Leadership - Femi Pedro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Tamakay(m): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
Is like u are just waking up from ur slumber? You are inciting the gullible youths with post like this to cause civil unrest. They were once youths like u before they gets there. Everything has time and season. The only thing I see as a problem with the youths is" I want to hammer syndrome". I'm sure if Fasola was ur father u wouldn't have incited me with this ur post. If u really mean what u just posted I recommends u to Tompolo or u will be charged with treason.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by mikolo80: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
raayah:
Heartfelt post!
I think poverty is a factor in all this.
A lot of our youths are unemployed and searching for jobs day and night.
instead of searching for job for 5 years

why not enter politics where tey are sharing the jobs

How can they fight when they're hungry?

is it when they are almost dead they will now fight or now while they still have some left in the tank

Let those old men give Nigerian youths a chance

why,
win gave the old men c chance
did waec give you c chance or die you go for it
die Olympics give USAin hold medal or did he york for it

nobody will give you c damn thing
you have to take it

. A lot of youths on nairaland with leadership experience can be senators and governors etc..
they don't have shiitt

if not they would know the first rule of leadership
you have to 'show up '
nobody will remember you hiding behind your wife or childre
come out
volunteer
lead
from the front
not on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by tonynickson(m): 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
The Nigerian Youth just need to Wake up and face the reality. Its high time we abhor fear of death and fight for what belongs to us all

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
edwife:

Mix with [size=16pt]DELUSION OF GRANDEUR AND ENTITLEMENT .[/size]
the said entitlement can't even be channeled to the right place. The government.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by specialstan: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ignorance
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Sijo01(f): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
flyca:

Cowardice undecided

Leebeedo:

That should be cowardice sister
Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by bbjummy: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
This is indeed a very big question. Like seriously, where are we heading to?
When will our voices be heard?
When will our cries and demands be taking serious?
Hmm! And when will the Chibok girls return?
ONLY WHEN WE ALL STAND AS ONE NIGERIA.
When and how do we stand as one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
by searching4love(m): 3:19pm USELESS BASTARDS. THEY SHOULD BE SHOT AND KILLED. BIAFRA MY FOOT. IGBOS ARE GOING NO WHERE / / / An animal's comment on Biafrans protesting
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by phillipay: 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
The source of our problem in nigeria is tribalism the inability of the youth to stand in unity in nigeria is one that has and would continue to let us down....If there was to be a movement against these policies being implemented by this old selfish fools which tribe do you think would lead and which tribe do you think would wanna find a way making their own the leader this is not the main point but just ponder on this and see

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by hardychris(m): 3:52pm On Oct 23, 2015
I wonder o! the other day just 2 weeks ago a frrnd said he saw Amaechi and Wike laughing. My people politcians don't take their issue too serious like we do. They are friends but the media will make it look like they are having serious beef.
We all saw how Ameachi's screening went.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Yinkasuccess(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice question They are not ready for d truth They are not focus They are not united They are not ready to take the risk

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
They are Babangida's children, Things changed in this country in 1985, anybody 35 and below grew up in an environment when the education system had collapsed and the moral values of the country had collapsed, everything was about money and thieves became role models, the brains left the country and the gap was filled by quacks. These quacks now set the values for the rest of society. On education, the problem with education is you are only as good as the quality of education (both moral and classroom) you receive.

The Nigerian youth of today wants to be given power and complains that the same old people are running the country whereas most of these old leaders were already in government as youths. What they don't realize is that a lot of these "old" people fought for Nigerian independence, they used their youth productively as student's union activists or nationalists to protest or canvass various causes. Instead the Nigerian youth of today is engaged in the business of crowd for Hire, starting with Daniel Kanu of the YEAA fame. The National Association of Nigerian Students of today is busy giving awards to Buruju Kashamu, wheras the Nigerian youth pre Babangida fought for the right of the oppressed, for social justice! Students activism in my day was about social justice, today when you hear noise in a university it's about cultism.

Babangida killed the moral fabric of this society and then killed the educational system thus killing their ability to think, in the process we've produced 60million poorly educated, dull and morally bankrupt largely unemployable youth. When Dangote says he wants to employ graduates as Drivers it's because their degress are not worth the paper the are printed on. A 70 year old man who did not go to university is better educated that the average Nigerian graduate of today. It's not the fault of the youths, they are a product of their environment, just as those of us before them are lucky to have been born in a different environment. but understand the damage Babangida and Abacha have done to this country and in particular a generation of Nigerians. We are just beginning to see it the repercussions amd what it means when they say you are mortgaging the future of your children, when you don't hold your leaders to account. You can always fix a bad road but it is hard if not impossible to reverse someone brought up under 35 years of poor education and moral decadence.

10 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Excellentmind: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
It's just thoughtlessness.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by menxer: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
adaweezy:

The Trouble with Nigeria is that we never want to accept the truth

How can we accept what we have not seen or heard?

The truth is a scarce commodity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Gabflex: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
How that 1 take concern us now
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by gbosky22(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2015
It is simple,the Nigerian youths always ask questions and complain about problems without bringing up idea's to solve them or soulutions.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by akaahs(m): 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2015
My guy i feel ur pains, don't worry we dey d gather muscle by time we blow d all country go town upside down. Cheel we dey come.
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Ephemmm: 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
[s][quote author=referee post=39281267]After watching the screening of Ameachi yesterday...
I gave up hope on this present government...

There is no change just organised and improved corruption...[/quote[/s]]

How does this eraze the fact that Amaechi is now a Minister?
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Henergee(m): 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
D youths av been handicapped, poverty has made so many illiterates and semi-illiterate, while others wu strive to b educated remain jobless. Back to d ocean of poverty

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Ephemmm: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2015
finniblinks:
A country where youths in port Harcourt will be protesting for a better future,a certain jobless youth from Osun will encourage the government to shoot peaceful protesters. such country is a big damnation

1. A country where Judges, Lawyers, Police will be beaten by thugs in Ekiti's court, but youths from flat-head states will be praising him and FG could not do anything because the perpetrator is a PDP Governor.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by DeGenius3(m): 4:26pm On Oct 23, 2015
eugene77:
This is exactly d question i have bn asking my friends since last yr....
One of my close friend always defend these old politicians who hv refused 2 retire for d youths...Seriously,d way things ar going, I wonder if d tomorrow will ever come.....may be d tomorrow our teacher meant for us to lead is dat of after life.... !!!
This is my reply to Tony who always defend old poliicians in Naija...
@Tony, let me tell u d truth, these old guys u ar carrying in ur head do not care abt u, neither do they care abt me...THEY DON'T CARE ABT US at all...Remember, we studied so hard in school 2 attain the best brains, u made upper class (2.1) in chem Eng, I made 2.1, ND made same, but today u chose to call d youths a waste set of ppl,, its a big pity u don't know dat Naija youths are d ones running d active parts of Naija economy (go check d Oil Sector, Telecoms,Entrepreneurship,Banking,Finance,etc) while the old Paparazzis ar there scooping all d money via politics. Currently, Lie Mohammed & Co ar there still fighting for ministerial positions & u think its because they care abt u? No bro! wake up from your dream! They don't care a piece of shit abt u, their priority is 2 use the ministerial positions 2 enrich themselves as they also settle their family members & friends in the respective ministries!(Ministerial position is now an avenue to settle party faithfuls)! If u like, u keep defending hypocrites & liers who never care abt whether u exist or not (that's ur own cup of tea) as for me & my family, what we do now is 2 face our lives & businesses as we pray for God's daily provisons....! Waiting for d appointed time for Naija youth revolution!!! Truly u r still in dark & u need 2 wake up 2 realities b4 its too late..the sooner u do, the better for u!

GOD Bless the day you were born and the womb that conceived you.

http://Serialbusinessinfo.com/new/anb.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chillisauce:
one word

[size=26pt]Stupidity[/size].
bros, you mentioned me. Any problem?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by buchilino(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
sigiyaya:
Because Nigeria is not a country chikina...........

U JUST NAILED D TRUTH
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by InHim4Him(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
LAZINESS, COWARDICE AND DEMAGOGUE MENTALITY.

Someone said, "I am also a man under authority............"
Abusing your Fathers and grandfathers will not get you there. Quit day-dreaming.
Even with a revolution, you won't get there. The One who said, " children......honor your father and mother..........that it may be well with you and that you may live long on the earth " is not stupid. Better listen to Him.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by buchilino(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
soloboss:
Our youth are not willing for change...all dey want is fast money and. Fame.....God help dis generation

TRUE
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by yuyu200: 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
PuciPrince:

GOD BLESS YOU OP
Plz we d way out
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by vislabraye(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
davies123:
What is wrong with Nigerian youths?

There is something fundamentally wrong with the Nigerian youth

Why do Nigerian youths fail to put ethnic, religious, and every other affiliation sentiments aside and fight and defend their future!?

Can’t we think?

How long will the political class divide and rule us?

Can’t we see what they are doing?

PDP = APC = Political class

They are the same people. They cross from one to the other for their selfish reasons while we fight and abuse one another on social media they are looting us dry!

What is wrong with the Nigerian youth?

In 1989 the chinese youths and studenst went on hunger strike and they where without food for days demanding policy changes that will make their lives better - and today China is a first world country and the biggest beneficiary are the youths

What is wrong with us!?

Next month, November the electricity charges will be hiked by 40% and we are online throwing tantrums at one another

While South African youths are out protest the proposed school fees hike as I speak!

Is it a wonder that they are making progress and moving towards being a first world

what is wrong with the NIgerian Youth?

Cc Lalastica Pls let people read this

Thank God you are thinking. You can imagine Amaechi having fun yesterday when questioned on corruption charges because he knows nothing will happen.
This is the same person that said, "we steal because we don't get stoned."

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by Angelovic96: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2015
MY GOD I WISH THIS SPIRIT WILL BE MADE MANIFEST IN OUR MINDS AS YOUTH OUR FATHERS, brothers and uncles have really blindfolded us i can't imagine a country were thousands of wounderful graduates are unemployed. GOD PLEASES HELP US
Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by clevadani: 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
raayah:
Heartfelt post!
I think poverty is a factor in all this.
A lot of our youths are unemployed and searching for jobs day and night.
How can they fight when they're hungry?

Let those old men give Nigerian youths a chance. A lot of youths on nairaland with leadership experience can be senators and governors etc..
Nobody will give u a chance. U have to show/prove that u deserve it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? by MIKOLOWISKA80: 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2015
lookandlaff:
They are Babangida's children, Things changed in this country in 1985, anybody 35 and below grew up in an environment when the education system had collapsed and the moral values of the country had collapsed, everything was about money and thieves became role models, the brains left the country and the gap was filled by quacks. These quacks now set the values for the rest of society. On education, the problem with education is you are only as good as the quality of education (both moral and classroom) you receive.

The Nigerian youth of today wants to be given power and complains that the same old people are running the country whereas most of these old leaders were already in government as youths. What they don't realize is that a lot of these "old" people fought for Nigerian independence, they used their youth productively as student's union activists or nationalists to protest or canvass various causes. Instead the Nigerian youth of today is engaged in the business of crowd for Hire, starting with Daniel Kanu of the YEAA fame. The National Association of Nigerian Students of today is busy giving awards to Buruju Kashamu, wheras the Nigerian youth pre Babangida fought for the right of the oppressed, for social justice! Students activism in my day was about social justice, today when you hear noise in a university it's about cultism.

Babangida killed the moral fabric of this society and then killed the educational system thus killing their ability to think, in the process we've produced 60million poorly educated, dull and morally bankrupt largely unemployable youth. When Dangote says he wants to employ graduates as Drivers it's because their degress are not worth the paper the are printed on. A 70 year old man who did not go to university is better educated that the average Nigerian graduate of today. It's not the fault of the youths, they are a product of their environment, just as those of us before them are lucky to have been born in a different environment. but understand the damage Babangida and Abacha have done to this country and in particular a generation of Nigerians. We are just beginning to see it the repercussions.
What this guy said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode, Ajimobi, Fayose And Amosun At South West Economic Forum / Buhari To Upgrade Presidential Aircraft With N1.5bn / Amaechi Meets South-East Delegates In Imo State, Canvasses For Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.