Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! (5846 Views)

Nigerian Music Videos With Highest Views On Youtube. / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Eminem: Relapse Refill(leaks): Ur Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by StrStruck(f): 8:26pm On May 10, 2009
His album leaked some days ago . . . I listened to Insane and 3 AM and he creeps me out.

He was sexually abused by his stepfather though.

That's sad.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 12:38am On May 11, 2009
aieromon:

20.Underground - Loud music with Ken Kaniff from Connecticut showing his gay-self as usual at the end."Criminal" 2009.Beat sampled from 50's Piggy Bank.DOPE

The fuckin antichrist is back, Danny/
It’s Satan in black satin panties/
This is Amityville, calamity, goddamnit/
Insanity pills, fanny pack filled with Xannies/
Through every nook & cranny/ lookin for trannies/

The style Eminem experimented with on Encore has been polished, pimped and thrown into 5th gear.
Jeeeez. . . . . The real Slim Shady has returned!!!!!
The lyrical design, flow and production value are way beyond anything i have heard thus far from Eminem.
This album will be a commercial success. There's an air of inevitability about it.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Krayola(m): 2:51am On May 11, 2009
I just heard the album and its pretty good.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 4:49am On May 11, 2009
I guess the album is getting some really MAD mixed reviews. Some cats are really feeling it, while some expected something different. I guess the controversy would help push his album sale.

Just saw the video to 3am, so dark!!!! And even for a song as grime and dark as 3am, he still found a way to drag Kim Kardashian's butt into the mix. Dude is sick fo sure cheesy
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by icezik1(m): 5:22am On May 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

The fuckin antichrist is back, Danny/
It’s Satan in black satin panties/
This is Amityville, calamity, goddamnit/
Insanity pills, fanny pack filled with Xannies/
Through every nook & cranny/ lookin for trannies/

The style Eminem experimented with on Encore has been polished, pimped and thrown into 5th gear.
Jeeeez. . . . . The real Slim Shady has returned!!!!!
The lyrical design, flow and production value are way beyond anything i have heard thus far from Eminem.
This album will be a commercial success. There's an air of inevitability about it.

I've listened to the album and I thought "3 a.m" was one of the crappy songs on it and yet  it is currently number 37 on the billboard Hot 100. It's inevitable that this album will sell.

Here is my own personal review without the skits included.

2 - 3 A.M - The track is OK but compared to other material on the album it's not really good enough. I also didn't like the IMHO extreme violence. ok

3 - My mom - Crap

4 - Insane - This song is Eminem at his lyrical best. He's absolutely insane! Dope

5 - Bagpipes from Baghdad - Nice beat. Good flows. Doesn't remind me of "Ass like that" though Ok

6 - Hello - The best Track on the album. This is an absolutely brilliant song. Simple beat, tight rhymes. Eminem is back! Dope

8 - Same Song & Dance - another absolutely brilliant song. I love the irony of the title of the track. Dope

9 - We Made You - I've listened to this song over 60 times. 'Nuff Said! Dope

10 - Medicine Ball - I like the concept and the pun on his relapse! Ok

12 - Stay Wide Awake - Who allowed this song on to the album? CRAP

13 - Old Times Sake - I've listened to this track over 30 times. 'Nuff said. Dr. Dre has still got it. Looking forward to his album. Dope

14 - Must Be The Ganja - Crap

16 - Dejavu - I didn't like this track at first but it eventually grew on me. Dope

17 - Beautiful - My second favourite track. Reminds me of "Sing for the moment" except with Eminem singing a brilliant chorus. Dope

18 - Crack A Bottle - Everyone should have heard this song and developed their own opinions. OK

20 - Underground - This is proof that Eminem is the best rapper alive. Sheer lyrical genius at it's best. No other rapper can compare lyrically with eminem. Lyrically Dope

8 Dopes and 4 Oks. This album may not be as good as Marshall Mathers or Slim Shady and The Enimen show but it is definitely better than Encore
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by osasp(m): 6:55am On May 11, 2009
funny enough, i liked encore.
anyway, ill show my support on the 19th, but relapse 2 better be good
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by obinna5000(m): 3:42pm On May 11, 2009
"Crack A Bottle" & "Old Time's Sake" are the only released singles I like from the upcoming album "RELAPSE".
I know for sure that the album will debut at No. 1 on Billboard charts in its first week of release and possibly go platinum. Lets just wait and see.
I also heard "Beautiful" recently and its awesome.

EMINEM - Beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vLkCgHjJzI

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vLkCgHjJzI[/flash]
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by dawhizkid1(m): 4:31pm On May 11, 2009
the song Beautiful is a hell of a song in the relapse album. right now i'm listening to Underground and it's also very Awesome. "insane" OMG. i can't wait for may 19th
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 4:47pm On May 11, 2009
Who sang the Intro to Beautiful, dont tell me it is Em shocked

Yeah, Beautiful is easily the best song on the album. Thats the part of Em I really like, articulate , melancholic, introspective and witty all rolled into one. Its like "sing for the moment" and "When I am gone" rolled into one.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 11, 2009
Now I see guys are listening to the album and seeing the singles released so far were not the best tracks on it.

[i]Underground [/i]shows why he is easily the rapper with the best flow alive today.

I think [i]Beautiful [/i]will be released as a single. He always has a song like that released as a single.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 5:01pm On May 11, 2009
I thought Crack a bottle was alright and I expected more. Then I heard "We made U" and "Bagpipes from Baghdad" and I was like "is this it"? Who gives a shit about Kim Kardashian and Mariah Carey,

Well, Underground and Beautiful are the kind of songs I was looking for and he delivered on those two.

Maybe y'all are right, he has some songs that will get the teens to go buy the albums and some songs that will still keep his fans interested. If thats a pre-meditated business move, then I think he might score big.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 5:27pm On May 11, 2009
khai_khai:

Now I see guys are listening to the album and seeing the singles released so far were not the best tracks on it.

Underground [/i]shows why he is easily the rapper with the best flow alive today.

I think [i]Beautiful [/i]will be released as a single. He always has a song like that released as a single.

Underground is the best rap song EVER!!!!
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .Once i heard him start like "Criminal". . . . ."A lot of people ask me. . . .", i knew the contents would be morbid.
Did he rip that track? Yes, he did!!!
This will easily put mugs like Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne, Rick Ross and other retards in the rap game to their sleep.
Eminem is a lyrical beast. . . . . . .He fucking killed this track and the power of lyricism on this one is peerless.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favourite bars:

[i]Dre I'm down here under the ground pick me up
Broken tibias, fibias, yeah fix me up
Sixty sluts, all of them dying from asphyxia
After they sip piss through a Christopher Reeves sippy cup
Dixie cups, toxins, boxes of Oxy pads
Enough oxycontin to send a fuckin ox to rehab
Whack job in the back in a black stockin cap
Jerkin off to a hockey mask at a boxing match

Six semen samples seventeen strands of hair
Found in the back of a van after a shoot with Vanity Fair
Hannah Montana prepare to elope with a can opener
And be cut open like cantaloupe and canopy beds
And Glad bags, yeah, glad to be back
Cos last year was a tragedy that landed me smack dab in rehab

Slim Shady?? shit sounds like a fable to me
Til he jumps out the fuckin toilet while you takin a pee

(Can’t say that) yes he can, I just did gay now guess again
Better text message your next of kin
Tell him shit’s about to get extra messy especially when I flex again
And throw a fuckin lesbian in wet cement
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by toluwalomo(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2009
It's funny when you expect Em to change his style cuz he's grown? Ain't that funny!

Why don't you who have a problem with it move up to more "mature content"?

Chris Brown has been singing love songs since he was 16.

Brandy since she was 15.

Mobb Deep have been putting out "I kill you if you cross me albums" since 1995.

Jay-Z cocky raps.

Canibus battle raps

This is music man, not a political manifest.

How old is Adams Sandler? Has he stopped his crappy comedy movies? He started with them and he will die wih them.

50 tried to be a little bit "personal" with Curtis and though it did well considering the hype, it's incomparable to his previous albums.

When Em did Encore and took on some mature topics like Politics and Bush, people were like he fell off, he's not hungry no more.

We were yelling for vintage Eminem -ish

He puts that out now and in the same breath some of us are kicking the crap out of the album.

Hate it or love it.

Em just gave a dying game mouth-to-mouth, finally a worthy alternative from all that finger snapping -two step-beer guzzling-my watch is bigger than your yours rap.

What he put out is still light years ahead of the imaginative mush that is hip hop today!

At least somebody is thinking before he writes!

Go Em!
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 5:46pm On May 11, 2009
toluwalomo:

It's funny when you expect Em to change his style cuz he's grown?

Why don't you move to more "mature content".

How old is Adams Sandler? Has he stopped his crappy comedy movies? So he should start acting something different now?

50 tried to be a little bit "personal" with Curtis and though it did well considering the hype, it's incomparable to his previous albums.

When Em did Encore and took on some mature topics like Politcs and Bush, people were like he fell off, he's not hungry no more.

We were yelling for vintage Eminem -ish

He puts that out now and in the same breath some of us are kicking the crap out of the album.

Hate it or love it.

Em just gave a dying game mouth-to-mouth, finally a worthy alternative from all that finger snapping -two step-beer guzzling-my watch is bigger than your yours rap.

Go Em!

U just hit the nail on it's head. . . . . .
He tried to change his style on ENCORE and people slated him that he fell off the Slim Shady persona.
Now he is back and people still want him to be mature? Maturity??
Nick Carey can suck a pig's cock. . . . .
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by osasp(m): 5:50pm On May 11, 2009
i take that back
i guess its growing on me, ken karnif was ill.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 11, 2009
Uche2nna:

Who sang the Intro to Beautiful, dont tell me it is Em shocked

Yeah, Beautiful is easily the best song on the album. Thats the part of Em I really like, articulate , melancholic, introspective and witty all rolled into one. Its like "sing for the moment" and "When I am gone" rolled into one.

The intro is from Queen & Paul Rodgers' - Reaching Out.

He either sampled the vocals or someone else sang it.

Sounds more like it was sampled though.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 7:13pm On May 11, 2009
khai_khai:

The intro is from Queen & Paul Rodgers' - Reaching Out.

He either sampled the vocals or someone else sang it.

Sounds more like it was sampled though.

I loved that intro, holds U captive until the last verse and leaves u asking for more,

I guess Em is still Em, he released crappy songs and then kills it with other songs on the album.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 7:23pm On May 11, 2009
Just listened to DeJa vu , LOL, he sure killed it on this one also.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by StrStruck(f): 7:26pm On May 11, 2009
Damn so many Eminem stans!

What's with the accent he has when he raps though?
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 7:56pm On May 11, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Damn so many Eminem stans!

What's with the accent he has when he raps though?

To remind you he's Caucasian. wink wink wink
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by StrStruck(f): 8:08pm On May 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

yeah but Caucasians don't speak that way. His sounds forced.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 8:21pm On May 11, 2009
St☆rStruck:

yeah but Caucasians don't speak that way. His sounds forced.

He sounds that way when he is rapping. . . . .not moaning like Justin Timberlake
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by A40(m): 12:30am On May 12, 2009
My mom ,Insane,Bagpipes from Baghdad,We Made you,Stay Wide Awake,Must Be The Ganja,Dejavu,Beautiful

Save for the highlighted the rest where not so fantastic a few cool tracks here and there and yeah EM would always sell but it wasn't exactly worth the wait to be honest and yeah why is he still talking about Mariah Carey? dude sounds like a disgruntled ex!! let it go man it happened 7 years ago and now he has moved from Britney Spears to Kim Kardashian abeg if i want to hear news about them i can always watch E!

This is Cannon's response grin grin
Cannon blogged: "I felt sorry for him because he must really be stuck in the past. Not only has his music not evolved, but also homeboy is still obsessed with my wife, the same female that wouldn't let him get to second base from eight years ago.
"What type of grown, man lies about getting with a chick? Only Slim Lamey! LOL!" Cannon added.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/Nick-Cannon-Slams-Eminem-for-Rapping-About-Mariah-Carey-1514581.story/?gt1=28145
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 2:16am On May 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

I believe she is referring to the arab-like accent on "we made you" and some other tracks.

@A-40
You take Em so seriously?? After 4 albums you don't get the guy??

Nick Cannon actually made comments about the track, the joke's on him.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by osasp(m): 7:43pm On May 12, 2009
khai_khai:

I believe she is referring to the arab-like accent on "we made you" and some other tracks.

@A-40

4get d idot, em will chew him. . .he actually said he'll fight this lyrically
nd that fat fool, c/o ass, man boobed, fake diamond wearing ass hole rick ross had d balls 2 call em out, lloyds banks lyrical raid wasnt gd enuff. . . some1 should kill that guy
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by A40(m): 1:41am On May 13, 2009
khai_khai:

@A-40

Jokes on him?? how? would you sit back and have a coke and a smile if your wife's ex took shots at you and her? EM would burst an artery if some rapper came out and told him his daughter Hailey Jade would end up a skeezer so why is it cool for him to get at people? he is just a disgruntled ex still mad he didn't get none from Mariah Carey after all these years and that's just pathetic.His female celeb disses are kinda getting redundant who is he going to talk about next? Miley Cyrus or Raven Simone? abeg dude is in his late 30's me thinks he should have outgrown that phase
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 1:58am On May 13, 2009
A-40:

Jokes on him?? how? would you sit back and have a coke and a smile if your wife's ex took shots at you and her? EM would burst an artery if some rapper came out and told him his daughter Hailey Jade would end up a skeezer so why is it cool for him to get at people? he is just a disgruntled ex still mad he didn't get none from Mariah Carey after all these years and that's just pathetic.His female celeb disses are kinda getting redundant who is he going to talk about next? Miley Cyrus or Raven Simone? abeg dude is in his late 30's me thinks he should have outgrown that phase
You just don't get it.
READ THIS ARTICLE

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/106281/nick-cannon-falls-into-the-eminems-trap/

Nick Cannon Falls Into The Eminem's Trap
Posted Mon May 11, 2009 5:23pm PDT by Billy Johnson, Jr. in Hip-Hop Media Training
Looks like Eminem successfully enlisted Nick Cannon to help promote his new album Relapse which is slated for a May 19 release.

Nick Cannon went on a rampage Friday when he heard Eminem's Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon diss track "Bagpipes From Baghdad." On the leaked song, Eminem jokes about his previous short-lived dating stint with Mariah.

Eminem sarcastically suggests that he wants "her back" while making derogatory slants about Mariah and her newlywed husband of one year.

Nick's angry blog response no longer appears on his website, however, it was cited by several news sources.

According to MTV, Nick initially thought "Bagpipes From Baghdad" was a joke. "I thought it was old material that had been dug up from when dude 'fantasized' about having a pretend fling with Mariah," the music television channel reported. "But all of a sudden I hear my name in the verse! My first reaction was like, 'This is his new sh-t? Wow, that's too bad.'"

Nick argues that Eminem's attack on Mariah is indicative of negative comments he made about Black women on the song "Foolish Pride" recorded prior to the release of his Interscope 1999 debut The Slim Shady LP. "How did we let him get away with that in the first place? He is a natural born racist is disguise," Nick wrote, hip hop blog Brokencool.com noted.

Nick says Eminem never got over Mariah. "I feel sorry for him because he must really be stuck in the past," Nick says, according to US magazine. "Not only has his music not evolved, but also homeboy is still obsessed with my wife, the same female that wouldn't let him get to second base from eight years ago."

"What type of grown, man lies about getting with a chick? Only Slim Lamey! LOL!" Cannon added.

Mariah addressed her relationship with Eminem on the song "Clown" from her 2003 album Charmbracelet. Mariah sang, "You should've never intimated we were lovers, when you know very well we never even touched each other."

Nick Cannon should have spoken out. Mariah is his wife, and he needed to defend her. But Nick's approach is all wrong. This isn't a real beef. It is an album set-up strategy within Eminem's shock-value platform. The more people get riled up and complain the bigger Eminem wins.

By getting irate, threatening Eminem, and digging up his old dramas, Nick has done exactly what Marshall Mathers hoped he would do. Eminem is the bad guy people love to hate. Nick has spent too much time on the subject.

Nick should have simply said that he did not appreciate the song and would discuss it would Eminem.

People are mocking Nick's long, play-by-play plan of attack. He just needs to contact Eminem, make a response record, or just move on. Otherwise, he is just fueling the hype of Relapse just like 50 Cent's preoccupation with Rick Ross helped Ross' Deeper Than Rap secure another No. 1 debut.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by A40(m): 2:05am On May 13, 2009
He had to react either way whether he boosts Eminem's sales is not my cup of tea
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2009
A-40:

who is he going to talk about next? Miley Cyrus or Raven Simone? abeg dude is in his late 30's me thinks he should have outgrown that phase

He actually dragged Miley into his lyrics  grin   Listen to Underground carefully  cheesy

yada yada yada,  Miley Cyrus , ready to elope with a can opener,  yada yada yada   cheesy

Still liked the song tho.  grin

But I agree he should get off Mariah's pussy,  dude actually sounded like a disgruntled ex vis a viz a stalker on Bagpipes from Baghdad.

As for Nick Canon trying defend his wife, well thats a noble act but I wish him luck with that. U really dont want Em to be on ur case. I would not, that dude is sick upstairs cheesy
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by A40(m): 3:06am On May 15, 2009
Uche2nna:

He actually dragged Miley into his lyrics  grin   Listen to Underground carefully  cheesy

yada yada yada,  Miley Cyrus , ready to elope with a can opener,  yada yada yada   cheesy

Still liked the song tho.  grin

But I agree he should get off Mariah's pussy,  dude actually sounded like a disgruntled ex vis a viz a stalker on Bagpipes from Baghdad.

As for Nick Canon trying defend his wife, well thats a noble act but I wish him luck with that. U really dont want Em to be on ur case. I would not, that dude is sick upstairs cheesy
I hope he is not having fantasies about her sha.Those inmates at the Arizona pen no dey look face ooh grin grin

The Mariah Carey thing was just downright irritating does he not realize that she has a thing for we black folk i mean check most of the rappers she has collaborated with!! Jay-Z,Nas,Snoop Dogg,Bone Thugs,Camron e.t.c

Nick Cannon does not have to do much trust me just one diss track with Hailey's name on it would shut EM up lol Benzino tried it and it worked
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by StrStruck(f): 3:22am On May 15, 2009
A-40:

I hope he is not having fantasies about her sha.Those inmates at the Arizona pen no dey look face ooh grin grin

The Mariah Carey thing was just downright irritating does he not realize that s[b]he has a thing for we black folk i mean check most of the rappers she has collaborated with!! Jay-Z,Nas,Snoop Dogg,Bone Thugs,Camron e.t.c[/b]

Nick Cannon does not have to do much trust me just one diss track with Hailey's name on it would shut EM up lol Benzino tried it and it worked

Because like Nick said, she's a quarter Black.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Uche2nna(m): 4:28am On May 15, 2009
A-40:

I beg to disagree with U on that .

U seem to have forgotten SAUCE and NAIL IN THE COFFIN. Those two diss songs were more vitriolic than anything Benzino put out. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

May7ven - Ten Ten (official Video) / Who Is Nigeria's Most Promising Young Rapper? / Download R City Like This Mp3 & Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.