Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! (5844 Views)

Nigerian Music Videos With Highest Views On Youtube. / Ice Cube Disses Kanye, Eminem, Jay-z, Dr Dre And Everyone In New Song. / Eminem: Relapse Refill(leaks): Ur Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 2:52am On May 18, 2009
eldee:

Hehehe . . . you've been hanging out with Russell Brand, these you posts are funnier by the minute
Stretching words . . . mark of a good lyricist?? my dayzzz?? What happened to having a million words for each point you want to make and substituting when one doesn't rhyme??
Is that not why they're called emcees??

Nobody does it better than Eminem.
If u now think Eminem ran out of rhymes because he switched styles then i will end this debate.
Flow-wise, this album is a classic. Lyrics, rhyme-patterns and delivery even takes it on MMLP's pedestal.
Gosh. . . . . U have listened to Em's freestyle aerobics countless times and you still believe he suddenly went phbbbbbbt?

This reminds me of rappers that use 'maynne' at the end of each line an claim that they're lyricists grin grin
For heavens' sake, Eminem ended a line with 'ugh' just so he could rhyme. . . lol
If I wanted stretched rhymes, like 'baleed' I'd go to Kanye West, afterall, he's never come out to say he's a super lyricist.

Kanye compared to Eminem?? grin grin grin grin
This is now getting redundant!!!!

Have you ever felt like you wanted to kill her
and you mixed them emotions with tequ-illa

Kanye West- Bittersweet
All hail Kanye, the rhyme stretcher, chick fetcher, wait till he getsc-her cheesy cheesy

This is nursery rhymes at it's bet but i woudn't even drag this further.
Sean Kingston has polluted your mind. grin

Eminem's whole album was punctuated, he lost his strongest asset, his flow. . . first time I'm seeing him like this

I will leave THIS for you to enlighten you about the Slim Shady persona. I hope it helps cos you don't seem to understand his concept. wink wink wink
Take time and read every word on that piece and what rap heads feel about it.
"Nuff said. cool
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by A40(m): 1:25am On May 19, 2009
khai_khai:

And then he completes a full circle.
Debunk him and you'll get. "I was joking" "I was exaggerating".
People, welcome to A-40's Double Talk Express.

But then it's cover up for him not knowing what he's talking about.
STFU!! I am only emulating your man Eminem here besides there are other people who ain't feeling his new album as well so Poof. . Vamoose!! go crop a field or something

~Sauron~:

Numb/Encore was rubbish. Is that pure rap??
Eminem is a puritan. . . . .It's all or nothing for him unlike Jigga who is more concerned about Rolex watches and Pink Rose.

How? The Last Jigga's classic was Blueprint(2001).
Every other piece was garbage. . . . . .Blueprint 2 was a flop, Kingdom Come(Cats didn't associate with it)
American Gangstar was mediocre to the core so how did Jigga save HipHop with best rock/rap crossover?
The same shit Eminem has done with "Sing For The Moment" in 2002??
Eldee, you have immersed yourself so much in bland/tasteless songs, you are not used to rap classics again.
U need to DETOX in a Rap-Rehab. cheesy grin

Stan. . oops i meant Sauron you are yarning opaks!! save for Blueprint 2 every other album since The Blueprint has been masterpieces and classics way better than this junk Eminem just put out. .
Jiga's first-person Mafioso narratives are too complex for weak minds and Stans to grasp its not everyone that has drug problems or raps about killing their moms and spouses or obsesses over pop idols he can never date.Jigga is not a social recluse like your man he raps his lifestyle
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Nobody: 2:14am On May 19, 2009
A-40:

STFU!! I am only emulating your man Eminem  here besides there are other people who ain't feeling his new album as well so Poof. . Vamoose!!  go crop a field or something

Stan. . oops  i meant Sauron you are yarning opaks!! save for Blueprint 2 every other album since The Blueprint has been masterpieces and classics way better than this  junk Eminem just put out. .
Jiga's first-person Mafioso narratives [/b]are too complex for weak minds and Stans to grasp its not everyone that has drug problems or raps about killing their moms and spouses or obsesses over pop idols he can never date.[b]Jigga is not a social recluse like your man he raps his lifestyle

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hilarious
Back to bed rest for me.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 1:03pm On May 19, 2009
A-40:

Stan. . oops i meant Sauron you are yarning opaks!! save for Blueprint 2 every other album since The Blueprint has been masterpieces and classics way better than this junk Eminem just put out. .

U mean all those lyrics he bit from Biggie Smalls??
What masterpieces? "Kingdom Come" is a masterpiece?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Jiga's first-person Mafioso narratives are too complex for weak minds and Stans to grasp its not everyone that has drug problems or raps about killing their moms and spouses or obsesses over pop idols he can never date.Jigga is not a social recluse like your man he raps his lifestyle

Jigga's first-person Mafioso? Cars, Houses, Jewelries and Cribs?? Is that all?
We already know how much his watch his worth, he should change the theme.
Eminem summed it up well on MMLP. . . . . .

Pissed off, cause Biggie and 'Pac just missed all this
Watchin all these cheap imitations get rich off 'em
and get dollars that shoulda been there's like they switched wallets
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by hancock(m): 2:40pm On May 19, 2009
personaly, i think eminem missed it on this one. no matter how much i tried listening to this relapse album over and over again i just wont be feeling it. i remember 5 years ago when Encore came out, i was in my finals in the university and hell i used to pop that shit everyday and i felt each of the songs like i could relate to them. well i guess 5 years is a long time for me to move on with my life and was expecting mr matters to do same and bring out a more matured album undecided
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by A40(m): 9:29pm On May 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

U mean all those lyrics he bit from Biggie Smalls??
What masterpieces? "Kingdom Come" is a masterpiece?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
It was easily the best rap album in 06. . With songs like Do you wanna ride,Beach Chair,Lost Ones,Ohh my God,30 somethings gosh even the Intro would have given you an eargasm

Who has not bitten one or two lines,hooks or instrumental?? abeg make we hear word

~Sauron~:

Jigga's first-person Mafioso? Cars, Houses, Jewelries and Cribs?? Is that all?
We already know how much his watch his worth, he should change the theme.
Eminem summed it up well on MMLP. . . . . .

Pissed off, cause Biggie and 'Pac just missed all this
Watchin all these cheap imitations get rich off 'em
and get dollars that shoulda been there's like they switched wallets

Eminem is daft!! Where 2pac and Biggie the US treasury?? how much did they have when they where living? they ain't Lakshmi Mittal or Carlos Slim!! any artiste no matter how talented they are would starve if they don't handle the business end of showbiz like Jigga

As for your prior point i think your complaint has been handled eons ago
Here is a reminder though if you are in doubt

Motherf'uckers -
say that I'm foolish I only talk about jewels (bling bling)
Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?

hancock:

personaly, i think eminem missed it on this one. no matter how much i tried listening to this relapse album over and over again i just wont be feeling it.
It would still sell though thanks to Stan's and White America but the bottomline is it was a disappointment.

hancock:

i remember 5 years ago when Encore came out, i was in my finals in the university and hell i used to pop that shit everyday and i felt each of the songs like  i[b] could relate to them. well i guess 5 years is a long time for me to move on with my life and was expecting mr matters to do same and  bring out  a more matured album  [/b]undecided
Sadly that's not the case.Its Miley Cyrus and Kim Kardashian's booty thats on the menu not forgetting the fact that he has not gotten over MC
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by stkris(m): 1:37am On May 20, 2009
i just copped the relapse album n i'm on track 10 so far, but honestly . .its only been average so far. . . Bleep!!
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Krayola(m): 3:09am On May 20, 2009
It is a good album imo.  some of the songs are really well done, but a few are just lame in my opinion. I heard it once last week to see what it was about because I had prejudged it as wack based on the 1st single alone. Maybe if I listen to it more i might change my mind but i can't be bothered. Eminem's content doesn't do it for me anymore.  I can still see those teenage white boys all over it though.

That said, Eminem still has flow and rhymes in abundance.  There is a lot to diss about Eminem, but you just can't go there.  He's got that by the tonnes!!
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by eldee(m): 12:36pm On May 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nobody does it better than Eminem.
If u now think Eminem ran out of rhymes because he switched styles then i will end this debate.
Flow-wise, this album is a classic. Lyrics, rhyme-patterns and delivery even takes it on MMLP's pedestal.
Gosh. . . . . U have listened to Em's freestyle aerobics countless times and you still believe he suddenly went phbbbbbbt?
I'm just saying Eminem has flopped on this one . . . It's a well known fact

~Sauron~:

Kanye compared to Eminem?? grin grin grin grin
This is now getting redundant!!!!
I'm not comparing them, I'm just laughing at what you said bout stretching rhymes being the mark of a true lyricist.
By your own standard, Kanye is better than Jay-Z and Nas. Why??

'He meant "regularly" but slanted it to rhyme with "regular day"
These are the indices of a good lyricist. Something Jigga and Nas can never match.'
- Sauron

Rolling Stones?? Are you having a laugh??
Those idiots make a living from kissing Eminem's bum.
They gave the Eminem show four stars . . . . What more can I say??
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 4:26pm On May 20, 2009
eldee:

I'm just saying Eminem has flopped on this one . . . It's a well known fact
I'm not comparing them, I'm just laughing at what you said bout stretching rhymes being the mark of a true lyricist.
By your own standard, Kanye is better than Jay-Z and Nas. Why??

Kanye has no subject matter. . . . .He is not a purist rapper.
U think i am fazed about "gold-digger" or "touch the sky" bollocks?
How is that relating to the bruvvas in the hood?

Rolling Stones?? Are you having a laugh??
Those idiots make a living from kissing Eminem's bum.
They gave the Eminem show four stars . . . . What more can I say??

Rolling Stone: 4 stars
EW: A-(4.5 mics)
Are you suggesting Entertainment Weekly also kiss Eminem's rectum? grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by icezik1(m): 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2009
Has anyone listened to Asher Roth?
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Wordsmith(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ ice-zik,

i was about asking that question. if you're bored with the immature crap Em churns out on Relapse, a good alternative is Asher Roth. his album, Asleep In The Bread Aisle is arguably a better effort than Relapse. . . .

and oh, besides. . . .

Rhymefest whooped Eminem's ass in a freestyle battle. . .
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 5:31pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

@ ice-zik,
i was about asking that question. if you're bored with the immature crap Em churns out on Relapse, a good alternative is Asher Roth. his album, Asleep In The Bread Aisle is arguably a better effort than Relapse. . . .

Eminem's worst track on "Relapse"? We Made You.
How many did it sell? 500,000 copies.

Asher Roth's whole ALBUM.
How many did it sell? 200,000 copies.

Wordsmith, you should go back to school. grin grin grin

Rhymefest whooped Eminem's ass in a freestyle battle. . .

Black judges voted Rhymefest cos Eminem was WHITE.
That issue has been flogged many times.
Jim Iovine was in that Rap Olympic tournament and that was where he introduced Eminem to Dre.
How come Rhymefest never got a record deal after winning a whole Rap Olympic. . . . .U know nowt about Rap.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Wordsmith(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Eminem's worst track on "Relapse"? We Made You.
How many did it sell? 500,000 copies.

Asher Roth's whole ALBUM.
How many did it sell? 200,000 copies.

lol, now that was plain ass dumb. every serious hiphop head knows album sales don't necessarily/automatically equate to an album's quality. if the reverse was the case, Canibus, Kweli, Immortal Technique would be selling by the millions by each album drop. . . .
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Wordsmith(m): 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2009
~Sauron~:

Black judges voted Rhymefest cos Eminem was WHITE.
That issue has been flogged many times.
Jim Iovine was in that Rap Olympic tournament and that was where he introduced Eminem to Dre.

another lame ass excsue every Stan i've come across gives. They hatin' on Slim 'cos his white. like they were hatin' on him on the battles he won. the issue has not been flogged many times, majority of you Stans don't even know about this. as a matter of fact, i brought this piece of information to you on another thread. you never knew about Rhymefest, Otherwize, mc juice whoopin' Eminem in freestyle battles. lol, and this stan tells me i know nowt about rap. cheesy cheesy

Christ, ignorance can be bliss. . .
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by iamdnegro: 5:56pm On Jun 10, 2009
una get time oo. Pshh.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 5:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

lol, now that was plain ass dumb. every serious hiphop head knows album sales don't necessarily/automatically equate to an album's quality. if the reverse was the case, Canibus, Kweli, Immortal Technique would be selling by the millions by each album drop. . . .

Not when we are talking about a prodigious talent like Eminem.
People buy Eminem's album because he is over-talented. . . .Nuff said.
No ifs, buts, wherefores or henceforths. . . . .Eminem stands tall amongst black rappers.
If he sells 100 million records, it is because he is good. Asher Roth compared to Eminem??
Try Wordsmith compared to Nas. grin

Wordsmith:

another lame ass excsue every Stan i've come across gives. They hatin' on Slim 'cos his white. like they were hatin' on him on the battles he won. the issue has not been flogged many times, majority of you Stans don't even know about this. as a matter of fact, i brought this piece of information to you on another thread. you never knew about Rhymefest, Otherwize, mc juice whoopin' Eminem in freestyle battles. lol, and this stan tells me i know nowt about rap.  cheesy cheesy

You must be smoking hash. . . . .  .Who doesn't know about Rhymefest?

What we were arguing about way back was. . . . .I dunno anyone who's beaten Eminem in a freestyle battle after his career blew up with Dre.
Like an ignoranus that you are, u went to cite example from Rap Olympic of 1997. . . .2 years before Eminem met Dre.
The whole competition was rigged. . . . .Black judges would never let Eminem walk away with the big prize.
Rhymefest and MC Juice were using racial slurs at him but Eminem dared not mention the N word. . . .What did the judges do?
They declared Rhymefest THE WINNER but Jim Iovine was seated and saw all that happened. . . . .He mentioned Eminem's name to Dre and the rest is now history. Where is Rhymefest today? Prolly shinning shoes in Detroit.

Christ, ignorance can be bliss. . .

When that word gets mentioned, you should answer PRESENT SIR/MA.
Cos Ignorance is your 2nd name. grin grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Wordsmith(m): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ Sauron,

unlike you, people multi-task. i don't have the time/resources arguing inanities with you. i simply don't do that sh*t, no time inside time. Again, when comparing two or more products, it'd do you a world of good to compare the quality of the products and not the labels. you can at least read, my initial post read :
if you're bored with the immature crap Em churns out on Relapse, a good alternative is Asher Roth. his album, Asleep In The Bread Aisle is arguably a better effort than Relapse. . . .

how does this correlate with the dumbness you put up here:
If he sells 100 million records, it is because he is good. Asher Roth compared to Eminem??

the rest of your post was not worth responding to, so i'll save myself the effort of posting a reply. . .
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 6:19pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wordsmith:

@ Sauron,
unlike you, people multi-task. i don't have the time/resources arguing inanities with you. i simply don't do that sh*t, no time inside time. Again, when comparing two or more products, it'd do you a world of good to compare the quality of the products and not the labels. you can at least read, my initial post read :

Who cares about your multi-tasking. . . . .Next time, just say your cyber-time has been used up.
If i compare the quality of the products, Eminem's "Relapse" still whupped Asher Roth's debut.
A rapper's debut under normal circumstances should be his STRONGEST. Roth failed to deliver.
There can never be another Eminem(Yes i said it).

how does this correlate with the dumbness you put up here:
the rest of your post was not worth responding to, so i'll save myself the effort of posting a reply. . .

Your biggest problem is your lack of comprehensive skills.
Words get too big for you and your brain experiences a delay in processing what you read.
Go back home and shower then ask yourself why Jim Iovine mentioned Eminem's name to Dre rather than the 97 Olympic Champion.
Some things will never be clear to you even if i pay for your comprehensive lobotomy. grin grin grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by follypimpi(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2009
My Favourite Song is Stay Wide Awake,Might try spreading my umbrella in a girl's PUM. grin grin grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Sauron1: 11:43pm On Jun 10, 2009
follypimpi:

My Favourite Song is Stay Wide Awake,Might try spreading my umbrella in a girl's PUM. grin grin grin

It's a wicked song. . . . .
Imagine giving a female a lift and you are playing that in your car. . . .
She'd be scared shitless. grin grin
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by follypimpi(m): 12:04am On Jun 11, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's a wicked song. . . . .
Imagine giving a female a lift and you are playing that in your car. . . .
She'd be scared shitless. grin grin

Each time i remember the word:

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

I get so excited and glad em dropped this album.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by icezik1(m): 7:14am On Jun 11, 2009
@Sauron and Wordsmith

Hey guys, relax! Asher Roth is nowhere near as good as Eminem but that ain't the point. The point is Asher is the first credible WHITE rapper to rise up after Eminem specifically because of his unique concepts, that Suburb white experience. Anyway, it's unfair to compare both because they ain't rapping about similar things neither do they have similar styles. You could compare Eminem to the Jay-Z's and NAS's but you can only compare Asher to Kayne, Lupe Fiasco and Kid Cudi because these guys ain't gangsta/ghetto rappers. In fact, I'm going to start an Asher Roth thread.

By the way, I have heard hints that Relapse 2 is not a Slim Shady album but a Marshall Mathers one. That sounds like a classic in the making. Relapse was neccesary to make the younger genration reaqauint themselves with Eminem.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Genuflect(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2009
Damn, see how people are trashing Em. First of all, Relapse is the best rap album I listened to since Lupé's The Cool. His multies on this one are just crazy. I know I'm an Em fan but I'm saying with no bias whatsoever. Jigga fans, you're talking about Em changing subject. Did Jigga change subject on Kingdom Come after 3 years go hiding? You guys should really listen to yourselves. And please don't compare both of them lyrically, Em is better. Btw, Jay and Em will be doing a track on Blueprint 3. Till then, I reserve my comments.
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by stkris(m): 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2009
help!! i cant stop listening to em's "de ja vu" . . . n  why? i just dont knowwuu o!
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by obinna5000(m): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2009
Check out the official music video for "Crack a Bottle" by Eminem, Dr. Dre & 50 Cent in the Relapse album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsA4iABPCUQ

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsA4iABPCUQ[/flash]
Re: Eminem's Relapse Album - Initial Views! by Mobinga: 2:33am On Sep 13, 2010
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

May7ven - Ten Ten (official Video) / Download R City Like This Mp3 & Lyrics / Who Is Nigeria's Most Promising Young Rapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.