Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? (2071 Views)

My New Boyfriend Said He Is A Cultist, What Should I Do? / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) / What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by nigerianmisfit: 11:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Hello Romancelanders Ive asked this question in a blog and i didnt quite like the response i was getting.

There's this guy I've been seeing for about 7 months and he's crazy about me. He's a good listener, a good friend and a strong Christian. I actually met him in church. He wants me to marry him and keeps making me know how important I am to him and how special I am.

The only issue is that he confessed that he used to be a dreaded cultist when he was in school, and even tho he never murdered, he had been involved in gang wars and that scares the crap out of me. Now he's born again and has denounced all that and I know that if God has forgiven him. Who am I not to? But I need to know, do people ever get away Scot free from cultism? Are there generational curses attached?

Im not asking for advice on if i should forgive him, I have because i know that God has already forgiven him, However, i've heard nasty stories of grooms being shot on their wedding day, or families being wiped out, or even nastier things happening because of evils commited so many years ago out of youthful exuberance.

I really love this man and in my hearts of hearts, i know he loves me, but i worry for my safety and that of my unborn kids. What if i go ahead and marry him and tomorrow someone he as wronged in the past comes and hurts us.

I want to know if anyone has any information about this sort of thing, do who were actively involved in secret cults in Nigerian universities ever fully get away after having denounced? Is it possible to fully denounce from nigerian cults?
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Cutehector(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2015
Naaah... Only the thought of her initiation task will drive me away
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by IamLEGEND1: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
make I park here wait for dem E-thugs and NL shtrong men to show face
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Khd95(m): 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
If ure so sure God has forgiven him,do u no if his rivals have forgiven him...

Pls b wise b4 u make lifetime decision,i ve not said marry him or not,i suppose u understand my point.

#karmic law
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
This girl needs real advice...this should be moved to FP...@Op,tag the mods
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by nigerianmisfit: 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oliviaarims:
This girl needs real advice...this should be moved to FP...@Op,tag the mods

i dont know how to tag mods cry
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
You av forgiven him??did he offend yu??

Back to ur question, I see nothing wrong in marrying an ex cultist,so far he has confessed to yu and he is born again.U said u believe God has forgiven,dah God dat forgave will make sure no harm comes to him in the nearest future....put ur fears aside and pray abt the marriage thing.
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
Since is ex. the person should marry
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by misspicy(f): 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2015
qatarplayboy, person fit marry your type?

op der is nothing like ex cultist...you enter by blood and leave by blood... (oath)
its ur pick dear

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianmisfit:

i dont know how to tag mods cry
But dyu know their names? I wouldn't want to mention them unnecessarily,since I'm not the one with the write up.
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by pbs4real(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
Lalasticlala pls help us move this to the FP, it's very important..tnx
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:
qatarplayboy, person fit marry your type?

op der is nothing like ex cultist...you enter by blood and leave by blood... (oath)
its ur pick dear
I am nt interested in any of ur mention(s) ok.

why do u stil mentioned my moniker when u already knw its u enter by blood nd die by blood? abi dem tel u say i be cultist? or u wnt us to continue wat u started in this tread?

RUBBISH!
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by tpiah11: 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
If you are attracted to an ex cultist, shows you have something in common or something you admire about him.

so op, stop asking f.oolish questions.

There is no African without one generational thing or the other, stop trying to blackmail people with such crap.
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by nigerianmisfit: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
tpiah11:
If you are attracted to an ex cultist, shows you have something in common or something you admire about him.

so op, stop asking f.oolish questions.

There is no African without one generational thing or the other, stop trying to blackmail people with such crap.

Wow!
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by misspicy(f): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

I am nt interested in any of ur mention(s) ok.

why do u stil mentioned my moniker when u already knw its u enter by blood nd die by blood? abi dem tel u say i be cultist? or u wnt us to continue wat u started in this tread?

RUBBISH!
you denying now right...kikikiki...okay

cultist oshi anyway

ignore button pressed ojae tongue
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:
you denying now right...kikikiki...okay
cultist oshi anyway
ignore button pressed ojae tongue
Yeah, i'm denying ur saddist life.
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by cooljude(m): 3:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
you could go ahead but have you studied his friends?
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by nigerianmisfit: 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
cooljude:
you could go ahead but have you studied his friends?

he doesnt keep friends, just all about his career and church and a few business partners he hangs out with
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by p1jiobi: 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
This issue of cultism doesn't play out as u think. There's hardly any reported case of cultist in Nigeria seeking revenge on a man's wife and kids long after he has left cultism. I think u allow your fears which are more imagined than real play games with u. Long after cultists leave school, even the most hardened of the bunch become best of friends, the majority looking back at their foray into cultism with either nostalgia or regret. Been an ex cultist myself I knw exactly what am saying. Besides u sound judgemental, how is your boyfriend sure that someone u once offended won't show up at the house one day and pour acid on his face.
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by tpiah11: 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianmisfit:

he doesnt keep friends, just all about his career and church and a few business partners he hangs out with

you sound like an amebo.

find better things to do.
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
Khd95:
If ure so sure God has forgiven him,do u no if his rivals have forgiven him...

Pls b wise b4 u make lifetime decision,i ve not said marry him or not,i suppose u understand my point.

#karmic law
he priced wah he cant pay..
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
p1jiobi:
This issue of cultism doesn't play out as u think. There's hardly any reported case of cultist in Nigeria seeking revenge on a man's wife and kids long after he has left cultism. I think u allow your fears which are more imagined than real play games with u. Long after cultists leave school, even the most hardened of the bunch become best of friends, the majority looking back at their foray into cultism with either nostalgia or regret. Been an ex cultist myself I knw exactly what am saying. Besides u sound judgemental, how is your boyfriend sure that someone u once offended won't show up at the house one day and pour acid on his face.
too much supernatural
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by bamosagie(m): 3:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianmisfit:

he confessed that he used to be a dreaded cultist when he was in school, and even tho he never murdered, he had been involved in gang wars .........

Hmm, the confession nor complete..... I may be wrong but e get as e be.....
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by nigerianmisfit: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2015
p1jiobi:

ok, thats a good one. quite comforting. thanks
Re: Can You Marry An Ex-cultist? by cooljude(m): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
nigerianmisfit:

so you are trying to tell me that you don't know any of his friend. You've never hanged out with any guy/ group of guys he his close to.

(1) (Reply)

Get 2000 Instagram Followers With Free 1000 Instagram Likes. / Effect Of Size In A Healthy Relationship. / Why You Shouldn't Break Up With Her During Her Period (hilarious Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.