Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? (2396 Views)

Wike Loses Bid To Stop Tribunal’s Sitting In Abuja / Rejoinder: Shamsuddeen Usman Denies Making Comments Against Yorubas, Tinubu / Six (6) Things Apc Governors Achieved By Going To Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: The Nigeria Of My Dream ! Can It Be Achieved By Just Sitting In Your House And Making Comments ? by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On May 10, 2009
jamace:

Well maybe too not exactly 1%, but even 0.01% can cause the desired change, but not by shouting alone o, but by actions like kidnapping, suicide bombing, assasinations and other terrorism actions towards the corrupt individuals in Nigeria.

Hhmmm. . . Depends on how you choose to define “shouting” in this case. I don’t approve of violence of any sort and I think it defeats the purpose if we resort to using criminal means to achieve our goals in this case. How do you rightly demand the law punish a man you kidnapped? Are we better than these men if we apply the same means as they did to get to what they wanted?

It is possible to shout out i.e. speak out on an issue in such a way that you not only get the attention of the masses but you also get the attention of the leaders by this. Putting together petitions, getting signatures, educating those in our communities of plans and ways we can counter the works of the so called “powers that be” could be considered shouting. Conducting our own private investigations into some of the many government contracts out there and publishing our findings in national media or on bill boards for many to read is also another way to shout. Collecting poll data on a regular basis and providing each of these leaders a sort of score card from the people is yet another way to get their attention. Providing a counter to some of the ridiculous claims made by some of these thieves, using the media to open up some sort of debate into some of the practices is certainly another way to Shout ( Speak Out) . Basically, the louder we shout, the more they realize that something is happening and it is bound to change the tides. And if we can make sure not to back down until we see significant improvement, we will definitely see these men start to cower in fear, realizing that we don reach our breaking point and we no go ‘gree again!! lol

jamace:

Well said. But who is ready to bell the cat?
Naija man, no matter what, will prefer to continue to smoke his garri day- in day- out assuring himself that "once there is life, there is hope", including all of us e-talking tough here. grin grin

e-talking is an aspect but you are right, we need to take it a step further. I do hope that about 0.1% of us are at least willing to say no to the status quo. I know for sure there are many like me, who have resisted the system from the get go and will step forward to stand against it and stand firm no matter what. If we can come together, speak in one voice, we can definitely start the journey on the way to complete change from the status quo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Will Be The Most Corrupt Country In The World If Created. / Are The Police Check Points Back? / Nigerian flashpoint city Jos: Army shoot-to-kill orders - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.