Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Atheism & Hypocrisy - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism & Hypocrisy (7744 Views)

From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / Communist Leaders Killed 250 MILLION Because Of Atheism. ATHEISM motivated them / Atheism Is Frustrating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

ETT is not Eledumare. It could be Orisha but wont make supreme being. All African cultures hold stand in the existence of Supreme God. The demigods or deifed heroes/ETT are not not Supreme Gods. Remember in our tradition we have creatures like Ebora, Egbere, Iwin and lot more. These could exist but they are not God (Supreme Being).

And I think we are derailing away from the subject matter.

Do you agree atheism is alien to African culture?

May I ask who Eledumare is? I am not saying there isn't,but who is it? I like to know things before accepting them. I have my take on what Eledumare is but I would like yours first.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
frank317:

turn blind eyes to the nagetivity of science? how? did i tell you science was perfect. again... compare pros and cons, i repeat, pros and cons.

tell me three good things religion had brought to Africa, just three as for science i will mention ten.

grin grin grin

Integration of cultural value and identity.

Founding and spreading of moral philosophy.

Christianity gives Aid to Africa.

Ati be be lo. ( and many lot more)

Bring on your ten benefits of science make I shred am
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
ifeness:

May I ask who Eledumare is? I am not saying there isn't,but who is it? I like to know things before accepting them. I have my take on what Eledumare is but I would like yours first.

Eledumare is the supreme being in Yoruba spiritualism.

I think of Eledumare as the source of everything that exist. This is the reason why Yoruba people tag it as the maker of infinite possibilities.

The fact I dont understand is why it is not worshipped. Why no one claim contact but it remain the unravel mystery.

Iba Edumare.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This is complete trash.

Athiesm is not science. Religionist also adopt science. Even some churches finance scinece project. This is why Catholic have their huge telescope.

The OP is arguing about the source of Christianity idea in Africa which is from the colonial masters. He aligned this to atheism which he believes is a notion hold by the same whitemen who brough Christianity. So he concluded that you atheists are whitemen asslic.kers just like he is because godless idea, and like he hold atheism is from them.

Planting atheism on science is another hypocrisy the OP is talking about. Historically, science starts from the temples. From Egypt temple to Greek altar of gods to muslim scientist in the islamic golden age were all spirtualist and religionist who conttibuted immensely to the development of science. I believe you dont want me to real out spiritual source of your so called science subjects. Alchmey birth chemistry. Astolatry birth astronomy. These become the subjects of science but were originally from the spiritual temple which you are throwing out as nothing.

You need to understand the difference between religion and dogmatism. Disregarding dogmatism is understandable but ruling on religion as dogmatism is serious undoing.

And why would you blame your ancestors because they practised magic? You should rather have yourself blamed because you couldnt bring new idea but have to throw away your ancestors idea and embraced the whitemen idea. You need to ask yourself what you have added to what your ancestors left behind. Medicine for example. What is your conttibution to traditional medicine? You are here. Your ancestors have gone. So you have that blame.

Atheism to the best I know is alien to Africa. So we can argue like the OP is doing that it is whitemen idea. Therefore just like a christian, you are whitemen asslic.kers
dude, Trash or not Trash , baseless argument with you won't provide money

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
WarRLaY:
dude, Trash or not Trash , baseless argument with you won't provide money

Ok
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by dalaman: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

grin grin grin

Which cultural values and how has it helped in the development of African when Africans still believe that the Jews, Arabs and Europeans are their superiors and Gods?

Does Africa look like a place that is morally grounded, where is the value for human life? What about human rights? In which part of Africa is that promoted? How has the religions helped us to live morally? Does Nigeria look like a nation that knows anything about morality?

And we have used the aid to better our lives in what way? How has the aid increased our live expectancy as a people?

Many more what? Many more thrash abi? Abegi.

1 Like

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Remilekun101: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
dalaman:
[/quote]
WarRLaY post=39483824
FOLYKAZE:
[/quote:

[quote author=ifeness post=39482108]
frank317:
ingenuity2014 post=39480101:
michaelwestern:
AmunRaOlodumare post=39473201:
[quote author=MzNelly post=39469747]

Check the addition.. i have continued the topic
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by frank317: 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

grin grin grin

lie, Religion has in no way integrated our cultural values and identity, pls stop spreading lies.

moral philosophy? how? you didnt see how it has encouraged hypocrisy and self righteousness in the name of moral philosophy?

agreed.

Better transport system
better means of communication
better health system
sensitization on human right
improve social amenities
better agricultural system
improve living condition in terms of home appliances
gives us a better understanding of our environment and beyond
helped us think smarter
helped is discover solid minerals and make good use of them. etc

1 Like

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
dalaman:

Which cultural values and how has it helped in the development of African when Africans still believe that the Jews, Arabs and Europeans are their superiors and Gods?

https://www.nairaland.com/2522834/father-sends-us-born-teen-sons/

Traditional religion has imparted more moral value and know with it cultural idenity which science didnt do.

Value: tourism which add money to government pulse.

dalaman:

Does Africa look like a place that is morally grounded, where is the value for human life? What about human rights? In which part of Africa is that promoted? How has the religions helped us to live morally? Does Nigeria look like a nation that knows anything about morality?

less Vugality.

Less divorce

and social vices.

dalaman:

And we have used the aid to better our lives in what way? How has the aid increased our live expectancy as a people?

Graduates were produced thorugh catholic church in school sponsorship.

Medical ministry, food aid and countless voluntary service from the church.

Social institution like homeless servive, hospitals andrefugee camps have helped us in one way or the other.

dalaman:

Many more what? Many more thrash abi? Abegi.

Many more pros of religion to African society
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
frank317:
lie, Religion has in no way integrated our cultural values and identity, pls stop spreading lies.

traditional religion does.

As per Identity, people bear Osabunmi, Mark and others. We are not named after biology, chemistry or physics.

Cultural heritage is been promoted by Traditional religion.

frank317:
moral philosophy? how? you didnt see how it has encouraged hypocrisy and self righteousness in the name of moral philosophy?

If there is moral philosophy there, they wouldnt have send their sons to Nigeria to learn things.

frank317:
agreed.

Thanks there

frank317:
Better transport system

More death through accident.

There were lesser accident which could lead to death when we were using horse, camel and donkeys.

frank317:
better means of communication

Network signal kills with it radiation.

frank317:
better health system

There is nothing better in our health system.

Life expectancy is below 70 and keeps decreasing.

frank317:
sensitization on human right

Yes like sleeping with co-male and female.

Sleeping with corpse.

Cossy releasing her nude pic.

Is that human right or madness?

frank317:
improve social amenities

Religion have hold of that

frank317:
better agricultural system

Religion have hold of that.

Nomadic fulanis believes Cows are sacred and meat should not be engineered. Engineered meat cause diseases. The Nomadic fulani cow is the best as danger to health is concerned.

The art of rearing animals as more to do with religion (hinduism, Gaia, Iyale) than Science.

The end product of modern science kills.

frank317:
improve living condition in terms of home appliances

Pollution kills.

I prefare living in villa than enjoy home appliances in cities.

frank317:
gives us a better understanding of our environment and beyond

Spiritualism too does.

Religious people understand astrology, plants, animals and natural environment.

I have not seen your science domesticating new animals now.

frank317:
helped us think smarter

This is trash.

frank317:
helped is discover solid minerals and make good use of them. etc

Mining has been in existence thousands of years ago before the arrival of modern science.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by dalaman: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Traditional religion has imparted more moral value and know with it cultural idenity which science didnt do.

Value: tourism which add money to government pulse.

I ask which value has traditional religion added? Does Nigeria look like a society that knows what morality is? Is there any form of justice and human right in Nigeria? Is there value for human life in Nigeria? Does Nigeria have the look of a sane society where things are in order? Are laws being upheld? Are the people law abiding?

less Vugality.

Less divorce

and social vices.

Less vulgarity? Less social vices? Look at all the human development index and tell me how the African nations measure up. Which the endemic corruption and culture of hypocrisy that we have created, how have the various religions helped us in creating a sane and organized society that is functioning? Is Nigeria a well functioning and organized society? How has our religion helped us in attaining that?

Graduates were produced thorugh catholic church in school sponsorship.

Medical ministry, food aid and countless voluntary service from the church.

Social institution like homeless servive, hospitals andrefugee camps have helped us in one way or the other.

What industrial base have the graduates created? What ground breaking scientific inventions have they been able to achieve? Your wealthy citizens can not even send their dogs to your hospitals yet you are talking about health services. What is the average life expectancy compared to that of others? Can Africans on their own deal with deadly epidemics like Ebola , SARS and bird flu? How functional are your soup kitchens in Nigeria for example?

Many more pros of religion to African society

You are yet to list one advantage of religion in Africa, you just attempted to state some but we know it is all false because we are also Africans and we can't see how religion has helped Africa develop or compete with others in anyway. We still remain at the bottom of the ladder despite our overtly religious disposition.

1 Like

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by dalaman: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Thanks there

There were lesser accident which could lead to death when we were using horse.

There is nothing better in our healt system.

Age limit is below 70 and keeps increasing.

Sleeping with cops.

Nomadic fulanis believes Cows are sacred and meat should not be engineered. Engineered meat cause diseases.

Pollution kills.

I prefare living in villa than enjoy home appliances in cities.

Spiritualism too does.

This is trash.

Mining has been in existence thousands of years ago before the arrival of modern science.

What was the average life expectancy of the average Nigerian 500 year ago before the white people introduced us to modern science and technology? What is the religious technique or process used in the cultivation of food? Is it not the same religion that was used to enslave us? Which religious way do people use to cure diseases like Malaria and typhoid? How do you use religion to travel from point A to point B? How do you use religion to communicate to a person staying 2000 km away from you? Please tell us.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:46pm On Oct 29, 2015
dalaman:

I ask which value has traditional religion added?

marriage becomes a sacred institution unlike in the western world.

With this we reduce divorce rate.

dalaman:

Does Nigeria look like a society that knows what morality is?

We are not politcally outstanding but we are morally upright.

Something I call home-training.

dalaman:

Is there any form of justice and human right in Nigeria?

Science didnt make it better.

dalaman:

Is there value for human life in Nigeria?

Science promotes abortion. Nope?

dalaman:

Does Nigeria have the look of a sane society where things are in order? Are laws being upheld? Are the people law abiding?

Science does not make it better.

dalaman:

Less vulgarity? Less social vices? Look at all the human development index and tell me how the African nations measure up. Which the endemic corruption and culture of hypocrisy that we have created, how have the various religions helped us in creating a sane and organized society that is functioning? Is Nigeria a well functioning and organized society? How has our religion helped us in attaining that?

Corruption is a poitical problem. It has nothing to do with religion and science here.

dalaman:

What industrial base have the graduates created? What ground breaking scientific inventions have they been able to achieve? Your wealthy citizens can not even send their dogs to your hospitals yet you are talking about health services. What is the average life expectancy compared to that of others? Can Africans on their own deal with deadly epidemics like Ebola , SARS and bird flu? How functional are your soup kitchens in Nigeria for example?

Do you know what the argument is all about??

Maybe you need to read up before jumping into the discussion.

Can you explain how science has helpe Nigeria as a nation with what you listed there?

dalaman:

You are yet to list one advantage of religion in Africa, you just attempted to state some but we know it is all false because we are also Africans and we can't see how religion has helped Africa develop or compete with others in anyway. We still remain at the bottom of the ladder despite our overtly religious disposition.

I have done that Mr.

Even Frank agreed to it.

Christianity gives much aid to Africa.

How effective that aids eliminate poverty is not problem of religion.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
I don't know what those two^^^ are arguing, Just let me know when you are done @OP.

1 Like

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:12pm On Oct 29, 2015
dalaman:

What was the average life expectancy of the average Nigerian 500 year ago before the white people introduced us to modern science and technology? What is the religious technique or process used in the cultivation of food? Is it not the same religion that was used to enslave us? Which religious way do people use to cure diseases like Malaria and typhoid? How do you use religion to travel from point A to point B? How do you use religion to communicate to a person staying 2000 km away from you? Please tell us.

If you have an authentic report that prooves that life expectancy has increased in africa since modern science came, I will give it up to you. However, people live longer than we have now. I have watched burial ceremony of mothers and fathers who live more than 100 years. We dont have such in our society today because we are exposed to too many dangers from your so called science.

Practically, religipn contribute to cultivation food. in the process pf worshipping Iyale, whatever is made as sacrifice to it is manure to the soil.

Slavery. . . I saw in the movie Django unchained when a slave master was trying to justify Black submissiveness with practical science. Some racist scientist uses science theory to justify slavery. Why dont you balme them?

Religion contributed immensely to funding of disease cure. The christian society is a proof.

People in the past still communicate. This is not an issue.

And we travel using animal which is saver and more fun than modern yransport system which kills in millions

Nevertheless, my point is tht religion should not be blame like frank is doing for killings, death and segregation.

And back to the OP, do you agree atheism was brought by whitemen who brought Christianity?
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Remilekun101: 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pyrrho:
I don't know what those two^^^ are arguing, Just let me know when you are done @OP.
ok.. but you can still answer my question.. What is the function of the Backbrain
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by frank317: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

As per Identity, people bear Osabunmi, Mark and others. We are not named after biology, chemistry or physics.

Cultural heritage is been promoted by Traditional religion.
how? tradition is different from religion. so how did the traditional religion integrate our cultural system? you are making no point above. u obviously have nothing to say.

If there is moral philosophy there, they wouldnt have send their sons to Nigeria to learn things.
read the link.. and it has noting to do with religion. are u for real? pls dont waste my time if u have nothing to say. Again, the argument is not if there is moral philosophy in Nigeria... its how did religion spread moral philosophy in Nigeria. i think the little morality we have here is because of our culture and not religion. i repeat, religion has active breed hypocrisy, segregation and self righteousness, No morality.

Thanks there
if only u could be that honest and stop looking for reason to argue.

There were lesser accident which could lead to death when we were using horse, camel and donkeys.
so? are you saying you saying u prefer using donkey to go to Cameroon

again, so? seems you like arguing for nothing. did the communication system improve or not? how many of your family members have died from radiation. Pls Mr. Foly... no one is saying science is perfect.

There is nothing better in our health system.

Life expectancy is below 70 and keeps decreasing.
keep on lying to win an argument. i am sure you or none of your family members have used the hospital before. i dont have time for this.

Sleeping with corpse.

what are you saying. would you prefer inhibit her desire to exhibit and molest young boys instead? how does cossy's nude affect anything here. are u saying because of cossy's nude pix, we should stop rights like freedom of religion?

religion have a hold on what? does religion improve the power system?

Nomadic fulanis believes Cows are sacred and meat should not be engineered. Engineered meat cause diseases. The Nomadic fulani cow is the best as danger to health is concerned.

The art of rearing animals as more to do with religion (hinduism, Gaia, Iyale) than Science.

The end product of modern science kills.
are you actually saying that agricultural science has not improved our general agricultural system? According to Folykaze, every student studying Agric science is wasting his time.

Pollution kills.

I prefer living in villa than enjoy home appliances in cities.
ya right, all the rural areas that are dying to start using improved home appliances are senseless. why are you online again? why are u using computers or phone? are u for real?

Spiritualism too does.

lol religion has helped us understand earthquakes and solar systems. you have not seen science domesticating new animals.. so? people are working their ass off trying to make your environment echo friendly and u sit in your house and type trash.

This is trash.
whats trash? how is it trash.. well, ur opinion.

ok, are u now saying ancient science is religion? i dont get you. i thought we were talking about science or is there difference morden science and ancient science?

Guy stop wasting my time, u have nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Remilekun101: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=FOLYKAZE post=39486425][/quote]

The Concept of Atheism has been in existence since the first recorded civilization.. But the attack on God is majorly influenced by whitemen

1 Like

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by DeepSight(m): 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
@Remilekun - (1) What do you think is the function of the back-brain?
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Remilekun101: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
DeepSight:

@Remilekun - (1) What do you think is the function of the back-brain?

stick around the thread to know it..... But you can do your research
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
Remilekun101:

The Concept of Atheism has been in existence since the first recorded civilization.. But the attack on God is majorly influenced by whitemen

Evidence pls.

Attack on God was perpetrted by African warlord. They destroy an mock Gods of those conquered. However, they were not atheists.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Remilekun101: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Evidence pls.

Attack on God was perpetrted by African warlord. They destroy an mock Gods of those conquered. However, they were not atheists.

The earliest and most documented civilization have read about is the Egyptians... even in the mist of their gods and goddess, people who where neutral still existed
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2015
frank317:
how? tradition is different from religion. so how did the traditional religion integrate our cultural system? you are making no point above. u obviously have nothing to say.

Traditional religion integrate with our cultural value and identity. The clear evidence is in our names. I made mention of Osabunmi, Fashola, Amosun and loke others are names integrated into traditional religion.

These names in most cases have improve our cultural value and identity. They have there root in religion and not science. We are not named after biology or ecology.

And if you dont know, religion is an integrated part of culture.

frank317:
read the link.. and it has noting to do with religion. are u for real? pls dont waste my time if u have nothing to say. Again, the argument is not if there is moral philosophy in Nigeria... its how did religion spread moral philosophy in Nigeria. i think the little morality we have here is because of our culture and not religion. i repeat, religion has active breed hypocrisy, segregation and self righteousness, No morality.

Religion makea up what we call cultue.

Religion especially the traditional one has breed tolerance, compasssion and patience.

Christianity preach love, peace and whole lot of given.

Scientifical invention have aided mass death.

frank317:
if only u could be that honest and stop looking for reason to argue.

Argue without bias.

frank317:
so? are you saying you saying u prefer using donkey to go to Cameroon

Afterall you are not denying accidents from ypur so called modern transport system has cost millions of lives wasted compare to movement with donkeys, camels and horses.

It is heartbreaking and exposes the wickedness of your health that you aint concerned about live wasted in accident but glorification of science of massive death is all you wish for.

I travel with my heart in mouth cause I dont know what couls happen next at the mercy of my driver. I prefer donkeys and horses overtime.

frank317:
again, so? seems you like arguing for nothing. did the communication system improve or not? how many of your family members have died from radiation. Pls Mr. Foly... no one is saying science is perfect.

Mr Frank. Pls argue not on emotions but facts.

Is the cell phone network signal but causing some radiation damages on our lives?

Improvement is nothing when I have a priceless life dying slowly to radiation effects which at end leads to Cancer.

frank317:
keep on lying to win an argument. i am sure you or none of your family members have used the hospital before. i dont have time for this.

Mr, I cannot rule out when I was born but if I can go back till i can remember, I dont see myself admitted in the hoapital. I dont use modern medicine. I only take herbs and that has been working fine for me.

My wife was withdrew from the General hospital because we were denied to perform our family rite. It was when my wife was labouring I got to know we have rite for pregnant women who carries family babies. It was after the rite was done she gave birth while your useless hoapital were advocating for operation.

I am not arguing hospital have no relevance but the itch is that they have not improve anything concerning health base on life expectancy.

frank317:
what are you saying. would you prefer inhibit her desire to exhibit and molest young boys instead? how does cossy's nude affect anything here. are u saying because of cossy's nude pix, we should stop rights like freedom of religion?

It is no lie that science has increases vulgarity.

frank317:
religion have a hold on what? does religion improve the power system?

Religion finance it.
frank317:
are you actually saying that agricultural science has not improved our general agricultural system? According to Folykaze, every student studying Agric science is wasting his time.

Twisting my words is hypocrisy.

Agriculture is broad and I centered my arguement on Botany and Animal science.

Modern science introduce genetic engineering into animals which is deadly for consumption. You have not denied engineered meat is harmful unlike Nomadic meat which is safe.

The processed food you eat kills you because science has battered it with useless chemicals.

frank317:
ya right, all the rural areas that are dying to start using improved home appliances are senseless. why are you online again? why are u using computers or phone? are u for real?

Wole Soyinka built his house in the far bush running from the sick world.

frank317:
lol religion has helped us understand earthquakes and solar systems. you have not seen science domesticating new animals.. so? people are working their ass off trying to make your environment echo friendly and u sit in your house and type trash.
whats trash? how is it trash.. well, ur opinion.

You are not denying my facts.

Domestication of animals is the success of the ancient men who engage fully in religion.

Dodans have advance knowledge of the solar system. They practise their solar observation as a form of religion rite.

frank317:
ok, are u now saying ancient science is religion? i dont get you. i thought we were talking about science or is there difference morden science and ancient science?
Guy stop wasting my time, u have nothing to say.

Ancient science has more to do with spiritualism, mystics and religion.

A close look at Alchemy shows it is not modern science but a complet form of religion.

Now that ypu have agreed that Science is not perfect and have it own defeat, why do ypu cast all blames of killing, segregation and hatred on religion? Why are you generalizing? Science kills just like politics and religion but you lots are found of casting whole blame on religion
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Evidence pls.

Been neutral is not atheism.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
Remilekun101:

The earliest and most documented civilization have read about is the Egyptians... even in the mist of their gods and goddess, people who where neutral still existed

Been neutral is not atheism
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by frank317: 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
@frank317, I will reply you when I am done with the ministerial screening.

Don't bother pls. Ibgave no time for ur childish and pointless relies. I think I have sent my message across and I have understood urs.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Remilekun101:

ok.. but you can still answer my question.. What is the function of the Backbrain
What is the backbrain and what has it got to do with the thread?
Are u done?
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by AmunRaOlodumare: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You said atheism is African?

Can you pls tell us how you arrive at this. I will leave every other things you said not countered. Just tell us atheism is african. Thank you
I think I said it simply but I can explain it to you again. Of course atheism, agnotism are new words that didn't exist in African languages in their exact dictionary definition. Those are words that even ordinary people (Europeans, Americans, English speakers in general) don't often use. Even those people who are actually agnostic and atheist. Intellectuals and scientists use words like atheism or agnosticism. But said simply, most African traditions don't worship the creator god directly while the creator god is said to have existed, he is viewed as distant. Which is a view that approach Agnostic theism. A form of agnostic theism. A greater importance is given to our ancestors, our own spirit, our community, our values and customs, etc.

Take a look at the definition of Agnostic theism (sorry for using Wiki but it's ok for simple definition sometimes):

Agnostic theism is the philosophical view that encompasses both theism and agnosticism. An agnostic theist believes in the existence of at least one deity, but regards the basis of this proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable. It can also mean that there is one high ruler, but it is unknowable or unknown who or what it is.[1] The agnostic theist may also or alternatively be agnostic regarding the properties of the God or the gods they believe in.

Consider this: It can also mean that there is one high ruler, but it is unknowable or unknown who or what it is.

Isn't it very close to African traditional belief? No African traditions pretend to know god directly. Any human who do is obviously lying to you.

I'm sure you can nitpick the exact definition of Agnostic theism and find many contradiction with traditional beliefs (for example, the high god is unknowable but the spirits are much more knowable. They can even be our grandfather for example). Does all "Agnostic theists", whoever they are, really allow so much knowledge about spirits and ancestors, etc. Still I think traditional belief in Africa can be viewed as a form of Agnostic theism. Would traditionalists define themselves as such: no. Very few English speakers beside intellectuals do anyway (some ordinary people are agnostic theists without knowing the dictionary definition of it). It's just us, me and you and those reading those lines, as intellectuals, that we can see the similarities.

As a scientists you understand why African religions were developed that way. It is preposterous to pretend to know what god is thinking, what god wants, the exact nature of god, etc. It can lead to many contradiction (why does god -the most powerful being- allow this and that, why doesn't he speaks to us directly, etc, etc). Nobody saw him, knows his exact intentions with humans either, but many people feel him through the spiritual essence given to our ancestors and all matter around us. African traditions are knowledge about the spiritual world, not blind faith. This knowledge can have some differences from one family to another, from one town to another, one ethnic group to another, etc. For example, some people could have knowledge of Ogun either under a different name or with different attributes and stories around him, etc. Some could have no knowledge of him at all. It is the nature of knowledge to be different from one person to another, from one period of time to another. Ancient Greeks (and Ancient Egyptians) were themselves traditionalists who, combined with the development of writing, lead them to science, because their traditional belief were not about blind faith or doctrines (about what god wants or not wants) but simply knowledge about our universe which according to them included the metaphysical world as well as mathematics, chemistry, medicine, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by DeepSight(m): 5:16pm On Oct 29, 2015
Remilekun101:

stick around the thread to know it..... But you can do your research

My dear, I am neither interested in research for this thread on that question (for this is a well worn subject already for me) nor in "sticking around the thread.
Can you give me your answer?
If no, no wahala.
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by Remilekun101: 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
DeepSight:

My dear, I am neither interested in research for this thread on that question (for this is a well worn subject already for me) nor in "sticking around the thread.
Can you give me your answer?
If no, no wahala.

the back brain is meant for connection with anything that is beyond the physical world(what can be seen with the naked eye either with aid or without aid)
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by DeepSight(m): 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
Remilekun101:

the back brain is meant for connection with anything that is beyond the physical world(what can be seen with the naked eye either with aid or without aid)

Thank you. That is part of my impression aside from perhaps being the seat of other non physical attributes of the being.
However, having said that - why do you suppose that the frontal brain os over developed as opposed to the back-brain?
Re: Atheism & Hypocrisy by AmunRaOlodumare: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
WarRLaY:
I think our fore father are to be blamed for making research about blackmagics rather than science .
Ancient Greeks and Ancient Egyptians who are at the foundation of modern science were traditionalists. As I said more explicitly above, most traditionalists like Ancient Greeks and Ancient Egyptians view religion as knowledge about the metaphysical worlds (not doctrines to be accepted or risk ending up in hell or anything of that sort).

Ancient Greece is called the cradle of western civilization. This where modern science was developed first in Europe (as well as democracy, human right, freedom of speech, etc).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Sign Of “the Last Days,” Or “end Times”? / King Solomon In The Bible And Bill Gates, Who Is The Richest / Advise To People Whom Enjoy Cursing Anointed Men Of God Like Bsp David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.