Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN (40829 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Not Allowed To Buy Smartphones On Contract. / How To Subscribe To MTN Unlimited Data For 150 Naira A Day / Mtn To Mtn Free Call And Data. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2015
gemale:
That was a very impassioned plea on behalf of MTN. Abeg NCC shld drastically reduce d fine meanwhile mtn should beta nt disconnect my line. Something I bought & registered immediately @ their office in ilorin, dey r sayn I didn't register.
Are you saying that ncc should be unfair ? Do you realise that mtn were aware of the penalty yet they disobey.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
mozele:
N1trillion for what?

Dem anahilate t pa Buhari entire generation ni?

Haba NCC!

MTN disobeyed and knew the consequence. It is not business as usual because there is a change in government. They better find way to disconnect those lines. Come to think of it, so if they didn't kidnapped the former minister,they wouldn't have being serious about sim registration.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
pelepeleb:
When there is benefit, we will always say thanks you. But let us not forget the truth of the Bible. Your did are following after you. If their did is good, people will say.
MTN took over their call center from Nigeria and give it to Indians, what will the Nigeria it was taking from will say.
The Indian that took over do the ffollowing:
1- increased the working hour by 3 hour.
2- slash their take home pay by 50%
Did you think the affected workers will reason and plead for the Indian or MTN ( Indians were expected to create job in Nigeria not to come and take over our job from us). Both MTN and the Indians need to be repatriated back to their country.
I guess out of my money deducted withoutaking call or send SMS is what the government is asking for as a penal..
More to say but limited time I have.
Considered this too
To me, Nigerians working in such companies especially those holding key positions are responsible for such behaviour from such companies. If you see packages and offer for employees by foreign companies, you will salivate but our own person we suggest that wages should be slashed and other benefits withdrawn.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
streetpres:
Princedapeace,MTN came to Nigeria to make profits; if they cannot compete fairly and under the law, then they should pack up and go....but they must pay the fine or let their assets be confiscated. So you know, MTN fought tooth and nail to stop the law which allowed for porting; they were worried that other Telecoms companies would take away their customers since many of the other Telecoms comoanies, such as GLO, had better tarriffs and better quality service. How much was SIM cards when they introduced it? Let them pay the fine NOW! Proudly Nigerian!

Not to mention security issues with unregistered sim cards in the possession of a foreign company.
MTN tend to be the best followed by etisalat. There are somethings you would need that MTN would resolve quickly as possible. MTN rarely change call tariff like glo. Infact every network has it's strengh and weakness e.g etisalat strength is strong and quality data service and less coverage while MTN has wide coverage, cheap call rate and to some extend strong internet strength. Airtel has 3G network presence in about 70% of nigeria land mass, cheap internet service and fair network strengh on an average while glo has inconsistency on data and voice, not being innovative enough as their weakness. They tend to have have large subscribers base apart from MTN even though they are sharing position with airtel with a difference of 1m subscribers. Cheap call and data tariff as their strength.
I don't think MTN would loose that much to number portability because most persons uses two or more sims in Nigeria. MTN knew all these that is why they just played along and didn't fight against MNP as being stated by you. Why do you think most persons are still using MTN if not for the strength highlighted

1 Like

Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
AnnieOakley:

No. Etisalat wink
Huh, not bad I think, so what's the call rate for Etisalat --Glo?
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
SAPEDRO:
Huh, not bad I think, so what's the call rate for Etisalat --Glo?

I'm too rich to bother myself with call rates. I just make calls. No kidding.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
AnnieOakley:

I'm too rich to bother myself with call rates. I just make calls. No kidding.
lol, well that's some kind of show off. Maybe when you reply my pm, I'll get to know how long you can call.
Re: We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN by austinepetro: 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
MTN Code for 1.5Gb for 1000,3.5Gb for 2000,10Gb for 5,000, All mtn users here are good-news for you guys you can now brass MTN WhatsApp with you iPhone and android phones as low as 60# a month waooo this is great click to view code[url][/url]http://showcase9ja.com/2016/06/01/mtn-code-for-1-5gb-for-10003-5gb-for-200010gb-for-5000/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nokia 8110 4G Accepts Whatsapp Now - AKA banana phone / Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone / Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.