Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex (58316 Views)

How Terrifying Your First HIV Test Will Be (Photos) / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. / what Test Can I Do To Ensure I Am Still Alive Apart From HIV Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by engrkaz(m): 1:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Freiden:
Do you know 87% of Nigerians own mobile phone? Do you know messages sent to mobile phones is the widest means of creating awareness? Market your products and services by sending SMS about what you offer to over 100million Nigerians today. Get over 100 million nigerian numbers grouped in to LGAs including FCT for just #10,000. Also, 10 states of your choice for just #5000. For inquiries, 08107195548
god don catch u....so na u dey disturb us with all those spam SMS? Repent!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by cooltola(m): 2:51am On Oct 31, 2015
Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)

PEP 1, 2, 3 PEP involves taking anti-HIV drugs as soon as possible after having been exposed. To be effective, PEP must begin within 72 hours of exposure, before the virus has time to rapidly replicate in your body. PEP consists of 2-3 antiretroviral medication taken for 28 days. You can get PEP from your doctor's office, emergency rooms, urgent care clinics, or a local HIV clinic. The medications have serious side effects that can make it difficult to finish the program. PEP is not 100 percent effective, it does guarantee someone exposed to HIV will not become infected with HIV.

Can I prevent HIV After I've Been Exposed?

Yes. Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) involves taking anti-HIV medications as soon as possible (within 3 days) after you may have been exposed to HIV to try to reduce the chance of becoming HIV positive. PEP is a month-long course of emergency medication taken to try to keep HIV from making copies of itself and spreading through your body. PEP is used by health care workers who have been exposed to HIV-infected fluids on the job or anyone who may have been exposed through unprotected sex, needle-sharing injection drug use, or sexual assault. If you think you were exposed to HIV, go immediately to a clinic or emergency room and ask for PEP.

PEP must begin within 72 hours of exposure, before the virus has time to make too many copies of itself in your body. PEP consists of 2-3 antiretroviral medications and must be taken for 28 days. Your doctor will determine what treatment is right for you based on how you were exposed to HIV. You will be asked to return for follow-up appointments and additional HIV testing. (Talk to your healthcare provider about the recommended follow-up schedule for you.)

PEP is safe but may cause side effects like nausea in some people. These side effects can be treated and are not life threatening. PEP is not 100% effective; it does not guarantee that someone exposed to HIV will not become infected with HIV.

WHO NEEDS PEP?

PEP is used for anyone who may have been exposed to HIV during a single high-risk event.

Healthcare workers are evaluated for PEP if they are exposed after:
•Getting cut or stuck with a needle that was used to draw blood from a person who may have HIV infection
•Getting blood or other body fluids that may have lots of HIV in their eyes or mouth
•Getting blood or other body fluids that may have lots of HIV on their skin when it is chapped, scraped, or affected by certain rashes

The risk of getting HIV infection in these ways is extremely low—fewer than 1 in 100 for all exposures.

PEP can also be used to treat people who may have been exposed to HIV during a single high-risk event unrelated to work (e.g., during episodes of unprotected sex, needle-sharing injection drug use, or sexual assault).

Keep in mind that PEP should only be used in uncommon situations right after a potential HIV exposure. PEP is not intended for long-term use. It is not a substitute for regular use of other proven HIV prevention methods, such as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), correct and consistent condom use or use of sterile injection equipment.

Because PEP is not 100% effective, you should continue to use condoms with sex partners while taking PEP and should not share injection equipment with others. This will help avoid spreading the virus to others if you become infected. If you have repeated exposures to HIV, you should consider PrEP.

Where Can I Get PEP?

You can request PEP at many places, including your doctor’s office, emergency rooms, urgent care clinics, or a local HIV clinic.

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/post-exposure-prophylaxis/

3 Likes

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Sike(m): 4:59am On Oct 31, 2015
No Cure for this shiiit yet?? *sighs
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by stonecoldcafe: 5:14am On Oct 31, 2015
otijah:
@op at the first instance, why would you indulge in raw sex at all, so u dnt have sense
?
Y didn't u come to NL to seek for advice b4 u went into having unprotected sex?

Today u can't sleep, u can't eat, u ar restless and u are nw here to seek for advices

U ar lucky AIDS no longer kills anyhow, if not I would have wish u happy after life

She is not here for your lecture. Moreover you don't know if she is asking on behalf of a friend. Take your judgemental self to a deep pit!

3 Likes

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Adesiji77: 5:15am On Oct 31, 2015
sotall:
sex is not worth it outside marriage

Fixed! cool

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by EmmanuelDon7(m): 5:35am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
Will the HIV test 21 days net after sex give a positive result?
within 72 hours a specialize test can b carried out if u're in doubt of contacting d virus. It ll b detected If really u have d virus @ d window period. Again, within 72 hrs there is 50 percent chances of u to be cured. This is really true.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by ExtraUniqueGuy(m): 5:51am On Oct 31, 2015
livinbygrace:
Have had it raw uncountable..God save my soul.
ya living on grace... Pray it doesn't run out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Obynolee(f): 6:11am On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=Vodkka post=39531482] minye amu GI n' obo ...u no go gree[/quote

Na babe post am
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by plendil: 6:49am On Oct 31, 2015
Joe4real701:
I have cure for HIV1,HIV2 and cancer,if you are in dire need for cure email me at joe.anele@yahoo.com,I dnt like to advertise on nairaland but you can contact me through my email#NotJoking

see ya yam head
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by kraftykc(m): 6:55am On Oct 31, 2015
DaBullIT:
You don do raw?

Fear come dey catch you

God dey

Shut up. Just shut up.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by kraftykc(m): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2015
otijah:
@op at the first instance, why would you indulge in raw sex at all, so u dnt have sense
?

Today u can't sleep, u can't eat, u ar restless and u are nw here to seek for advices

U ar lucky AIDS no longer kills anyhow, if not I would have wish u happy after life

Shut up.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by seangy4konji: 7:03am On Oct 31, 2015
The owner of this act is a scammer. Bad one at it.

Be careful.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Getfun: 7:04am On Oct 31, 2015
Just do the test now, 6months later do it again... then do every three months...to know ur status, it's almost free at any federal medical centre...
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by GhanasexWorker: 7:05am On Oct 31, 2015
Am Not afraid of HIV. Anyway, dos coming to Ghana should Call me Intimate Pleasure. +233244355419
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by bummyla(m): 7:06am On Oct 31, 2015
Do The Text First! After 6 Months Repeat It! Best Of Luck! Abstain From Pre-Marital Sex! Jesus Is Coming Soon! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by elougo(m): 7:08am On Oct 31, 2015
cooltola:

Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)

PEP 1, 2, 3 PEP involves taking anti-HIV drugs as soon as possible after having been exposed. To be effective, PEP must begin within 72 hours of exposure, before the virus has time to rapidly replicate in your body. PEP consists of 2-3 antiretroviral medication taken for 28 days. You can get PEP from your doctor's office, emergency rooms, urgent care clinics, or a local HIV clinic. The medications have serious side effects that can make it difficult to finish the program. PEP is not 100 percent effective, it does guarantee someone exposed to HIV will not become infected with HIV.

Can I prevent HIV After I've Been Exposed?

Yes. Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) involves taking anti-HIV medications as soon as possible (within 3 days) after you may have been exposed to HIV to try to reduce the chance of becoming HIV positive. PEP is a month-long course of emergency medication taken to try to keep HIV from making copies of itself and spreading through your body. PEP is used by health care workers who have been exposed to HIV-infected fluids on the job or anyone who may have been exposed through unprotected sex, needle-sharing injection drug use, or sexual assault. If you think you were exposed to HIV, go immediately to a clinic or emergency room and ask for PEP.

PEP must begin within 72 hours of exposure, before the virus has time to make too many copies of itself in your body. PEP consists of 2-3 antiretroviral medications and must be taken for 28 days. Your doctor will determine what treatment is right for you based on how you were exposed to HIV. You will be asked to return for follow-up appointments and additional HIV testing. (Talk to your healthcare provider about the recommended follow-up schedule for you.)

PEP is safe but may cause side effects like nausea in some people. These side effects can be treated and are not life threatening. PEP is not 100% effective; it does not guarantee that someone exposed to HIV will not become infected with HIV.

WHO NEEDS PEP?

PEP is used for anyone who may have been exposed to HIV during a single high-risk event.

Healthcare workers are evaluated for PEP if they are exposed after:
•Getting cut or stuck with a needle that was used to draw blood from a person who may have HIV infection
•Getting blood or other body fluids that may have lots of HIV in their eyes or mouth
•Getting blood or other body fluids that may have lots of HIV on their skin when it is chapped, scraped, or affected by certain rashes

The risk of getting HIV infection in these ways is extremely low—fewer than 1 in 100 for all exposures.

PEP can also be used to treat people who may have been exposed to HIV during a single high-risk event unrelated to work (e.g., during episodes of unprotected sex, needle-sharing injection drug use, or sexual assault).

Keep in mind that PEP should only be used in uncommon situations right after a potential HIV exposure. PEP is not intended for long-term use. It is not a substitute for regular use of other proven HIV prevention methods, such as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), correct and consistent condom use or use of sterile injection equipment.

Because PEP is not 100% effective, you should continue to use condoms with sex partners while taking PEP and should not share injection equipment with others. This will help avoid spreading the virus to others if you become infected. If you have repeated exposures to HIV, you should consider PrEP.

Where Can I Get PEP?

You can request PEP at many places, including your doctor’s office, emergency rooms, urgent care clinics, or a local HIV clinic.

https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/prevention/reduce-your-risk/post-exposure-prophylaxis/

Thank you and God bless.
You made the most sense

2 Likes

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by amiskurie(m): 7:13am On Oct 31, 2015
grin ur case

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Realtol(m): 7:29am On Oct 31, 2015
opiaoku:
i love forking ladies
Being a lesbian doesn't save you from HIV.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by opiaoku: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2015
Realtol:

Being a lesbian doesn't save you from HIV.

mr man am a male grin
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Realtol(m): 7:32am On Oct 31, 2015
opiaoku:

mr man am a male grin
Your dp says otherwise. Sorry for having wrong impression of you.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2015
rattlesnake:
"DETERMINE" METHOD CAN DO THAT 21DAYS.....sorry babe....
what is determine method
I got tested by the kit that looks like pregnancy test it gave negative result.
Is it accurate?
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by opiaoku: 8:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Realtol:

Your dp says otherwise. Sorry for having wrong impression of you.

thats my crush mizmycoli grin wink

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Bigsteveg(m): 8:23am On Oct 31, 2015
Dhugal:

Read the thread topic before you jump in,it's not about how long you wait to get test result but how long an exposure window before a test can be reasonably sure.Don't be a typical nairalander.

I don't know myself, but I think PvtPart. Is correct to some extent. Sum1 needs blood transfusion in the lab urgently, and am sure there's a way to test if the donor is HIV positive or negative and it as to be done in hours. Or they'll just transfer the blood without checking for all dese, especially HIV

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by agoman: 8:24am On Oct 31, 2015
sotall:
raw sex is not worth it outside marriage
temptation is difficult ooooo. am saying no raw sex but ma gf hates condoms. she says it itches her

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Greatidonis: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2015
mamboroo:
what is determine method
I got tested by the kit that looks like pregnancy test it gave negative result.
Is it accurate?
Please where can I buy such kit ? shocked
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2015
Greatidonis:

Please where can I buy such kit ? shocked
big pharmacies
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by chronique(m): 8:44am On Oct 31, 2015
This OP is a mentally unstable person. If you doubt me,go through his/her topics.
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by uzolexis(f): 8:58am On Oct 31, 2015
odinese:
.you idiots should stop having sex.

Shameless youths. angry

You again!!!
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by charlsecy(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2015
meshacha1:
It is NOT our portion.
You cannot even answer a simple question. Religiousity gone sour. Mtsheww...
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2015
otijah:
?

Typical Nigerian for you!!!!
Did the Op said he had unprotected sex?
Have you read his test results to check if his positive or negative?

Sometimes information like these are very insightful and teaches one how to prevent it.. Knowledge won't hurt but ignorance hurts!!!

1 Like

Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by Revolva(m): 9:28am On Oct 31, 2015
odinese:
.you idiots should stop having sex.

Shameless youths. angry

Na ur dick dem take bang....r u lame...abi ur dick no de charge....
Re: Hiv Test 21 Days After Sex by handsome86(m): 9:49am On Oct 31, 2015
maxti:

You are right. Depends on the window period. If you gave doubts, Then take a PEP.
not just take prophylaxis it should be taken within 72hours but as soon as possible for more effectiveness

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wet Dreams: Natural Or Spiritual? / Doctors & Health Workers Salary Structure Explained / Okpaleke Doctors: 6 Nigerian Siblings Working As Medical Practitioners Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.