Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. (3128 Views)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? / God Plans To Destroy The Muslims / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by huxley(m): 9:33pm On May 08, 2009
Pastor Adeboye has given us a new definition of the attributes of God and this comes as a huge surprise to my erstwhilst conceptualisation of God.  In the Pastor's view, God's Will and Word are changeable and capable of being negated by Satan.  This is an extraordinary claim.  I thought God was unchangeble, worst still how could God's Will, Words and Plans be subject to change by Satan, of all people?

Turn to Open Heaven 2009,  Friday, 8th May.  This is what the Pastor says;

[size=18pt]Remember, satanic dreams will always negate God's Will and Word.[/size]

Are God's Will subject to revision and negation by satan?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Okemoni: 9:59pm On May 08, 2009
when he said it will negate Gods word, he meant that if you have a dream that is of the devil, it will negate the word of God, that is it will contradict the word of God. so as a christian you have to be careful so you dnt fall into the trap of the enemy. hope you get it nw?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by huxley(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2009
Okemoni:

when he said it will negate Gods word, he meant that if you have a dream that is of the devil, it will negate the word of God, that is it will contradict the word of GOd. so as a christian you have to be careful so you dnt fall into the trap of the enemy. hope you get it nw?

What does this really mean? Imagine it was God's Will that you marry lady X. And supposing you had a satanic dream about you marrying lady Z. According to Adeboye, this satanic dream WILL ALWAYS NEGATE GOD'S WILL that you marry lady Y. Or, did I get it wrong? If so, can you show me how I am wrong?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by tubabie(f): 10:07pm On May 08, 2009
Huxley the rate at which u show so much interest and study the bible and its study books baffle me undecided
if i was the self -acclaimed atheist u say u are i will simply do my thing and leave the silly xtians to their foolishness

@ Topic
Ur view was twisted, pls go back to read it again! Stop posting gibberish!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by huxley(m): 10:11pm On May 08, 2009
tubabie:

Huxley the rate at which u show so much interest and study the bible and its study books baffle me undecided
if i was the self -acclaimed atheist u say u are i will simply do my thing and leave the silly xtians to their foolishness

@ Topic
Ur view was twisted, pls go back to read it again! Stop posting gibberish!

Thanks. I am prepared to learn and be corrected. Can you demonstrate how my views are twisted and how I misinterpreted the said words?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Okemoni: 10:12pm On May 08, 2009
yes it negates Gods will because Gods will is that you marry lady X(negating Gods will does not mean stopping it from coming to pass, it only means it is contrary to Gods will), but the devil is trying to tell you that its lady z.  the fact that it negates Gods will does not mean it stops Gods will from coming to pass, no Power, human or anyone can stop Gods will from coming to pass. as you can see in the story in the open heavens, the chap finally realised he been tricked by the devil, and returned to try to carry out Gods will.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by huxley(m): 10:18pm On May 08, 2009
Okemoni:

yes it negates Gods will because Gods will is that you marry lady X, but the devil is trying to tell you that its lady z.  the fact that it negates Gods will does not mean it stops Gods will from coming to pass, no Power, human or anyone can stop Gods will from coming to pass. as you can see in the story in the open heavens, the chap finally realised he been tricked by the devil, and returned to try to carry out Gods will.

So there is a contradiction in what the Pastor said. The Pastor says "It will ALWAYS NEGATE" God's Will. So in this case, even though the man in the narrative had this satanic dream, it actually DID NOT negate God's Will, did it. Hence, a contradiction.

Either satanic dreams are capable of ALWAYS NEGATING God's Will, in which case God is not omnipotent and in changeable

OR

It is NOT capable of negating God's will, in which case the Pastor is wrong and deluded.

Take your pick
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by tubabie(f): 10:22pm On May 08, 2009
huxley:

Thanks.  I am prepared to learn and be corrected.  Can you demonstrate how my views are twisted and how I misinterpreted the said words?

The beautiful thing about a Human being is your will. See i have chosen to be a christian and you an atheist.

God's will never changes but the word 'negate' there was used to show that its is possible for man to choose to do things contrary to God's will due to his choice which may be influenced based on some external forces eg the devil is being considered here.

If the Guy goes on to get married wrongly he has made null God's will for him on the issue but that has not changed God's stance on the issue or made him less powerful
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Okemoni: 10:23pm On May 08, 2009
i think what you are misunderstanding is the definition of "negate", he meant to say that it contradicts Gods will.  the dream from the devil, contradicted that from Gods in the guys case. thats what he meant my brother.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Image123(m): 11:18pm On May 08, 2009
The likes of Huxley cannot get/understand spiritual stuff.It'll continue to contradict and baffle them except they were born again.That which is born of the flesh is flesh.Marvel not that I say unto you Huxley,you MUST be born again.thats when you'll truly understand. Considering Proverbs8 where we looked at earlier today in the thread,'Today's Rhema',verse 9 is clear.Words of wisdom are plain to him that understands and right to them that find knowledge.That knowledge you can only find in Christ in whom is the fullness of God. The words of Jesus already explain to us that the Word of God can be choked by thorns and weed in some people's life,but when you take out the thorns and weed and little foxes,the Word and will of God can be fruitful in your life.these things are not new to children of God,and I believe that was what that devotional must have being saying.satan's plans are different from God's plan for each life.may God's will be done in your life
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by huxley(m): 11:21pm On May 08, 2009
Image123:

The likes of Huxley cannot get/understand spiritual stuff.It'll continue to contradict and baffle them except they were born again.That which is born of the flesh is flesh.Marvel not that I say unto you Huxley,you MUST be born again.thats when you'll truly understand. Considering Proverbs8 where we looked at earlier today in the thread,'Today's Rhema',verse 9 is clear.Words of wisdom are plain to him that understands and right to them that find knowledge.That knowledge you can only find in Christ in whom is the fullness of God. The words of Jesus already explain to us that the Word of God can be choked by thorns and weed in some people's life,but when you take out the thorns and weed and little foxes,the Word and will of God can be fruitful in your life.these things are not new to children of God,and I believe that was what that devotional must have being saying.satan's plans are different from God's plan for each life.may God's will be done in your life

pure and simply rubbish. Address the post, my dear and stop preaching.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by tubabie(f): 9:22am On May 09, 2009
@Huxley

So there is a contradiction in what the Pastor said.   The Pastor says "It will ALWAYS NEGATE"  God's Will.  So in this case, even though the man in the narrative had this satanic dream, it actually DID NOT negate God's Will, did it.   Hence, a contradiction.   

Either satanic dreams are capable of ALWAYS NEGATING God's Will,   in which case God is not omnipotent and in changeable

OR

It is NOT capable of negating God's will, in which case the Pastor is wrong and deluded

I will pick the emboldened part with a modification.
Like i stated in my earlier post, His will for your life still leaves you with the final choice being yours. If you decide to act based based on your inspiration from the devil maybe through "dreams" then in that instance His will for u will certainly change.
But does that stop God from being Omnipotent? NO
Changeable? NO
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by jagunlabi(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2009
No.This means that God(atleast as religious folks understands the word)-wanting to have a little bit of drama so as not to make the whole cosmic show a one way street monotony(like nollywood movies)-decided to create someone(or something) that can negate whatever he plans for mankind.So he created satan who has freehand to negate him(god) on every twist and turn on all issues concerning his plans for mankind.
God must be quite pleased with satan because that guy is a frigging hardworker.There is drama galore at every turn in this cosmic show with poor us humans right in the middle as pawns.
God must be having a swell time.
tubabie:

@Huxley.

I will pick the emboldened part with a modification.
Like i stated in my earlier post, His will for your life still leaves you with the final choice being yours. If you decide to act based based on your inspiration from the devil maybe through "dreams" then in that instance His will for u will certainly change.
But does that stop God from being Omnipotent? NO
Changeable? NO
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by tubabie(f): 11:38am On May 09, 2009
jagunlabi:

No.This means that God(atleast as religious folks understands the word)-wanting to have a little bit of drama so as not to make the whole cosmic show a one way street monotony(like nollywood movies)-decided to create someone(or something) that can negate whatever he plans for mankind.So he created satan who has freehand to negate him(god) on every twist and turn on all issues concerning his plans for mankind.
God must be quite pleased with satan because that guy is a frigging hardworker.There is drama galore at every turn in this cosmic show with poor us humans right in the middle as pawns.
God must be having a swell time.

I've gone through your post! Not really saying much to the issue at hand. undecided It's okay though

[size=5pt]Next comment please[/size]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Image123(m): 12:35pm On May 09, 2009
@Huxley
if you can still remember the topic of this thread and the initial post,which coincidentally were made by you, you lied by saying 'Pastor Adeboye says God is not omnipotent and, ',then you quoted his book by typing 'remember satanic dreams will always negate God's word and will'.then you asked 'are God's will subject to revision and negation by satan?'
now you remember,then,amongst other things,I said 'the likes of Huxley cannot get/understand spiritual stuff'.That in itself is enough to tell you that you can only continue to be confused and baffled at spiritual things.you can only begin to have clear understanding when you become born again.Apart from that,it'll continue to be a struggle.When you get born again,then its easier to explain to you and get you renewed.
as if to confirm the above,I wrote of Jesus talking about the Word of God being choked (Mark4v7,18-20).Jesus said the word of God,the will of God was unfruitful in some and fruitful in some other.what kind of ground are you as the Word is sown in your life?is it hindering the way,word and will of God for you or will you let it bear fruit?yet you couldn't see that because you're spiritually blind.I hope you'll see this one.Feeling cheated and helpless will not help matters.An interesting thing about the pawn is that it can eventually become a queen.OR it could stay in its poor pawn state and be killed.Think wise
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Image123(m): 12:38pm On May 09, 2009
@Huxley
if you can still remember the topic of this thread and the initial post,which coincidentally were made by you, you lied by saying 'Pastor Adeboye says God is not omnipotent and, ',then you quoted his book by typing 'remember satanic dreams will always negate God's word and will'.then you asked 'are God's will subject to revision and negation by satan?'
now you remember,then,amongst other things,I said 'the likes of Huxley cannot get/understand spiritual stuff'.That in itself is enough to tell you that you can only continue to be confused and baffled at spiritual things.you can only begin to have clear understanding when you become born again.Apart from that,it'll continue to be a struggle.When you get born again,then its easier to explain to you and get you renewed.
as if to confirm the above,I wrote of Jesus talking about the Word of God being choked (Mark4v7,18-20).Jesus said the word of God,the will of God was unfruitful in some and fruitful in some other.what kind of ground are you as the Word is sown in your life?is it hindering the way,word and will of God for you or will you let it bear fruit?yet you couldn't see that because you're spiritually blind.I hope you'll see this one.Feeling cheated and helpless will not help matters.An interesting thing about the pawn is that it can eventually become a queen.OR it could stay in its poor pawn state and be killed.Think wise
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Image123(m): 12:39pm On May 09, 2009
@Huxley
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 16, 2015
nah wah!I wan sleep ooh!!

(1) (Reply)

Are There Good Marine Spirits? / Will I Loose My Destiny The Day I Have Sex? / The Reason For So Much Anti-Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.