Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,050 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (18902 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Enigma(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2006
Plane Crashes For 49 Days

The plan of the enemy was, that there was to be a crash per day for 49 days, and you prayed and God intervened.

The statement above was made by one "man of God" whilst giving his annual prophecies for 2006. He said there would have been a plane crash in Nigeria per day for 49 days last year but for the prayers of members of his church. Meanwhile the man did not even foresee or prophesy a single one of the crashes last year --- only now in hindsight ........

How does anyone with intelligence believe this kind of nonsensical statement

(PS Happy new year to all)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Enigma(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2006
Here is the link for the 2006 prophecy in which this statement was made

Pastor E A Adeboye Annual Prophecy for 2006

Interestingly, there was no prophecy of a single one of the plane crashes before they occurred.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Seun(m): 2:36pm On Jan 07, 2006
My respectful questions for Pastor Adeboye:
- How did the enemy plan to prevent the president from grounding all local airlines after the first 2 or 3 plane crashes?
- What time exactly was the prescribed 49 day fasting period and did it coincide with the crashes?
- How come a dedicated woman of God was present in one of the 3 planes out of 49 that God permitted to crash?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2006
this is one of naijarita's fake news stories right ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Seun(m): 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2006
No, this one is real and as you can see I was not even the first to mention it.

Aviation. Some of you will remember. (This is not part of the prophecy, I am just telling you history now} Last year, I asked you to fast for 49 days, if you check the 3 crashes that occurred, they happened within 49 days. I asked you to fast and pray, some of you did, some of you didn't. God honored those of us who prayed. The plan of the enemy was, that there was to be a crash per day for 49 days, and you prayed and God intervened.

Visit the RCCG website to read for yourself:
http://home.rccg.org/Prophesy/2006_prophecies.htm
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by otokx(m): 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2006
i have predicted more plane crashes this year. as for our numerous men of God, it appears they have run out of ideas to keep their flock within their influence. what has been their impact on their immediate environment? No more spiritual imperialism, please open your eye.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by nicetohave(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2006
Enigma:

Plane Crashes For 49 Days

The statement above was made by one "man of God" whilst giving his annual prophecies for 2006. He said there would have been a plane crash in Nigeria per day for 49 days last year but for the prayers of members of his church. Meanwhile the man did not even foresee or prophesy a single one of the crashes last year --- only now in hindsight ........

How does anyone with intelligence believe this kind of nonsensical statement

(PS Happy new year to all)

I am not a member of RCCOG but i can say that because he did not prophesy its happening does not mean if wasnt true, the truth is HE DOESNT NECESSARITLY HAVE TO MENTION THE REASON FOR THE 49 DAYS FASTING (it that was true)

Seun:

My respectful questions for Pastor Adeboye:
- How did the enemy plan to prevent the president from grounding all local airlines after the first 2 or 3 plane crashes?
- What time exactly was the prescribed 49 day fasting period and did it coincide with the crashes?
- How come a dedicated woman of God was present in one of the 3 planes out of 49 that God permitted to crash?

Have you tried posting your questions on the RCCOG web? you might get a better response than here on NL

on how come a dedicated woman of God was invloved, i will say that it shouldnt be ours to keep searching but if we must search, for a few reasons how about God removing her from the scene because;

her job has been completed (Kathryn Kuhlman, a healing evangelist who was popularly called THE WOMAN BEHIND THE MIRALCLES was removed for a similar reason, she died after a open heart surgery)
to prevent people focussing on her
(Smith wigglesworth, the greatest faith healer was removed for a similar reason)
to prevent her from losing her soul and reward after so much done for God (Marion Braham was removed for a similar reason; infact while he was dying in the car accident involving him and his wife, he regained conciousness briefly and asked his hand be laid on his unconscious wife, who immediately awoke after this..............while he was being wheeled into the emergency debt of the hospital he died, sick people on their bed received healings, their accounts was they felt a warm heat course through their body as the man of God was being wheeled past them and they were whole, Marion Braham never regained consciousness in the hospital and died shortly after)

The ways of God are mysterious and true, let us make our calling and election sure.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Logical(m): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2006
They would indeed give you answers with lots of biblical quotations as if you believe in them. Thats the kind of answers you would get from the church.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by nicetohave(m): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2006
Not necesarily, but there is where his questions are still best suited, i believe.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by pendelite(f): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2006
Here is Adeboye’s exact quote <again>

“Aviation. Some of you will remember. (This is not part of the prophecy, I am just telling you history now} Last year, I asked you to fast for 49 days, if you check the 3 crashes that occurred, they happened within 49 days. I asked you to fast and pray, some of you did, some of you didn’t. God honored those of us who prayed. The plan of the enemy was, that there was to be a crash per day for 49 days, and you prayed and God intervened.”

What he clearly said was that because of prayers 49 crashes in 49 days was averted and explained that the three that did happen, happened within 49 days.

Leave the man of God alone or leave yourself open to experience God's wrath.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Farriel(m): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2006
Hmm...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by nicetohave(m): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2006
cool cheesy take it easy pendelite, i feel your emotions on the subject but take it easy smiley
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by goodguy(m): 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2006
I know of a (Nigerian) man of God who predicted that a famous person in Nigeria was going to die in December 2003 (he was specific). Few weeks later, Bola Ige died.

The man made so many predictions (He stated some things that would happen between December 2003 and the year 2008). I had that book but I can't find it anymore (I would have posted them here for all of you to see). Some of them have been fulfilled already.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2006
goodguy:

I know of a (Nigerian) man of God who predicted that a famous person in Nigeria was going to die in December 2003 (he was specific). Few weeks later, Bola Ige died.

The man made so many predictions (He stated some things that would happen between December 2003 and the year 2008). I had that book but I can't find it anymore (I would have posted them here for all of you to see). Some of them have been fulfilled already.

Did he say anything about the end of the world grin wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by goodguy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 07, 2006
NO.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2006
I don't think prophesy are mostly true most of the time.

If anyone is smart to see all the propehsies that pastors have been churning out you will wonder how the whole world has manage to remain.

People believe in prophesy because they like to have a fore-knowledge of what will happen in the future, it's human nature and i don't blame people that capitalize on that weakest of human beings.

I wonder why some people (including pastors) did not predict the crash before those people persih in it.

Goodguy i know you will always support pastors. But do you really know the source of all these predictions, and beside if someone say something will happen does that mean all they have said will happen.

Jesus has said it all "The rich will keep getting richer."
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by goodguy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 07, 2006
I'm expecting more people to attack my post. cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by ijebuman(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2006
goodguy:

I'm expecting more people to attack my post. cool

nice one goodguy, you self fit predict the future  grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Coder(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2006
This prophecy is excitement inspired. Just because he is happy to be in this year does not give him leave to use God's name in...
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2006
This prophecy is excitement inspired. Just because he is happy to be in this year does not give him leave to use God's name in...

"Wise(men)" will always capitalize on events to buttress a point.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by nicetohave(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2006
would that be wise or cunning? and would a man of God, annointed of God with the Holy Ghost and with power stoop so low? not even I would do that? it seems we see spirituality as a popularity contest, or a striving for publicity............No, its called doing the Lord's work
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by erekihc: 10:01pm On Jan 07, 2006
The pastor must have forgotten to take his daily medication.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by pendelite(f): 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2006
Dialogue between men is the best way to resolve the world’s issues. Every man must by his own effort elevate himself to the negotiating table.

With regards to this post (Adeboye), I have only taken a position on the facts as I have seen them. He made a prediction without disclosing the actual reason for the proposed 49 days prayer (leaving him lots of latitude) and in the end the truth came to pass. What would we have liked for him to predict that there will be 49 crashes in 49 days and kill the Aviation industry, which would be irresponsible, (by the way I say this tongue in cheek). He has used this opportunity to disclose the motives for his earlier proposed prayers.

If you doubt me, let me analyze his 2006 predictions for you.

Intense prayers of committed Christians shall receive speedy replies. The lord emphasized that this is not a year for casual prayers at all. Meaning prayer will bring you special rewards this year, you know what you expect as a reward (hehehehehehe)
The generous shall have many causes to smile. What does this mean?
Sacrifices shall be rewarded in more ways than one. Which ways? etc etc. etc.
Year 2006 is the make or break year........
God is saying we are not out of the woods …….

So what has he promised, you will find out in 2007.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by allonym: 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2006
wow, so if I was a man of God - well, in a position of a pastor etc,

I could tell my congregation - remember last year, the couple weeks I went on vacation - there were supposed to be 14 plane crashes in 14 days. However, since I returned early to you all, we were able to pray and avert 11 of them.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by pendelite(f): 12:14am On Jan 08, 2006
Yes you could grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by joftech(m): 2:32am On Jan 08, 2006
In Nigeria everything goes. Some people are always quick to come to pastors rescue without even bothering to question what most pastors say.

Nigeria problem is due to not questioning people that are in place of authority. You see people bringing out money for what any right thinking person must be able to deduce is a ploy from someone telling them to bring money, still they will still be telling you it's God that's saying it, my question at times it does God know the color of money?, have we brought God down to our own level?

Am sure if it's in the US that a pastor is saying all these they would have question him why he did not come forward to avert that. Pharaoh in Egypt dreamt about something, he called in experts and they hired Joseph who analyse the dream and proffer a blueprint with which they made a plan against the hard days ahead. That's what's called a prophesy.

A prophesy is supposed to give people a clue into the future so you can make preparations for it, it's not suppose to be "this is what i tried to prevent".

When it becomes "this is what i tried to prevent" it means it's basically a guessing / try-your-luck game. You state matters factually so that everyone will be out of the wood.

The problem with the aviation industry is well known. How can anyone with with his right sense imagine an airport that's operating to be without electricity, no radar, bad aircraft,no standby fire fighters nothing nothing and still expect everything to
go on smoothly.

When i raised the thread Are Nigerian Pastors deceiving Nigerians, some of you raised some eyebrow, but if we are to look at it from this perspective are they not deceiving us.

We need role models that will state things the way they are.

Just some days ago Pat Robertson (of 700 Club fame) was saying that Ariel Sharon was suffering because of moving out of Gaza strip he was quickly rebuked by Washington, when will our government learn to do the same thing.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by pendelite(f): 2:46am On Jan 08, 2006
I guess you missed the satire of my submission.
Sometimes looking too hard at reality wears some of us down tongue
Also I hope you enjoyed my prophesy (2007) and the fact that the truth often exists in the mind of the reader

Encarta: sat.ire
the use of wit, especially irony, sarcasm, and ridicule, to attack the vices and follies of humankind
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by Enigma(m): 4:22am On Jan 08, 2006
Leave the man of God alone or leave yourself open to experience God's wrath

Only those who do not know the Bible will fear "God's wrath" in a situation like this. Those of us who are following what the Bible says do not have to and do not fear God's wrath. The Bible says to test every spirit; the Bible says there will be false prophets and false prophecies.

We therefore have a right to test this prophecy; to test the spirit behind it; and if we discern it to be false to say so without any fear. I personally conclude that the statement of the pastor that there were supposed to be 49 crashes is false. I further conclude that the whole annual prophecy thing is unreliable, false and to be rejected. I do not care that the prophecy was given by a "big name man of god".

And people like me know the Bible better than to be threatened by "leave the man of god alone" or "touch not mine anointed".
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:10am On Jan 08, 2006
I shall surely touch him. In fact, I shall re-touch him with photoshop. Haba why?

In this day and age with all the technology and internet aplenty, my Pastor is going about prohesing (forgive the spelling, i have had no use for the word for a long while now) 2006 and plane crashes.

If i recall properly, miracles and signs and wonders are for the faithless. So are prohecies, aimed at causing JJC christians into believing that God exists. Even with the Latest BMW 3 series roving the streets, Nna men that car na from heaven.

I thank uncle sege for keeping our dramatist pastors in check (save for political brainwashing going on, pastors were almost eroding reality from the minds of Nigerians)

Small time now you will need scratch card to listen to Sermon.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by lifexpress(m): 5:24am On Jan 08, 2006
Fear is their hammer on your heart and money is their gatepass in your head, but for how long will you be a victim in their hands?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by hotangel2(f): 5:48am On Jan 08, 2006
Okay well... I believe that man won't say he saw something he didn't see. I don't really give a pong about it.... because the plane crashes have already happened and lives have been losts. If it was his prayer that stopped the rest... THANKS TO HIM (and thanks to GOD for answering them).
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2006
God answers prayers.. usually before it is too late?

sad it had to do with people passing on with great pain (cause i hear it was on fire for quite a while and people died because help was late in showing up as usual)

But really it was our fault...
Good things happen, Bad things happen and most times... nothing happens..
If we say when good things happen, God answered our prayers and When Bad things happen, the Devil was watching. quite obvious that when nothing happens, its our fault..

Nothing happened was what caused the plane crash, poor policies, poor management, poor minds and a whole lot of sin was going on in the aviation industry and we did nothing.. you do not need a prophesy to tell you what will happen next, twas just a matter of time.

Kids and Pastor Bimbo?, now that hit me on the wrong spot, God watched those Bastards at the NFA fly back and forth wasting the nations monies to attend meetings that resulted in missing out in the world cup. He also guarded the politicians as they went to one congress after the other.. but went to sleep when his best babe in the preaching circles and a whole lot of kids he loves very much plunge to their deaths.... don't think so...

Pastors are like politicians, they can mobilise a whole bunch of important people with just a few words on the microphone.. I would think they could be using that with positive effect rather than superstitions... Let me make one prophecy..right here

Nigeria shall not win the Nations Cup 2006.. will even go further to tell you how far they will go, they shall not make it to the quarter final.. how's that for a prophecy and no amount of prayers can forestall the inevitable.. cause we did nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* / 3 Types Of Churchgoers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.