Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,319 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Definition Of Marriage In America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Definition Of Marriage In America (1176 Views)

What's Your Definition Of A Good Girl? / Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Definition Of Marriage In America by Lax75(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2009
Do you agree?

Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Sissy3(f): 12:21am On May 09, 2009
no
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by yme1(f): 12:23am On May 09, 2009
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by ikamefa(f): 12:27am On May 09, 2009
" grin " lmao right on the money dude!

i guess aint no romance without finance cheesy cheesy
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Lax75(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2009
@ Sissy and Y Me

Admit it, that na wetin una want grin
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by yme1(f): 12:39am On May 09, 2009
@Lax75

let me tell you the truth,

if there is no love i wont marry,

and if there is no money i wont marry either

so both are just too neccessary cool cheesy
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Secretz(f): 12:41am On May 09, 2009
y me:

@Lax75

lmao
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Lax75(m): 12:45am On May 09, 2009
y me:

@Lax75

Haba but you see say the bobo dey show im love now? Im dey give up im almighty American Express and dey bow down to im lord and master, lol
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by yme1(f): 1:13am On May 09, 2009
American express my foot grin grin
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by 190: 1:20am On May 09, 2009
are there any american females here
identify urself and answer dis questions!
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by tpiah: 1:27am On May 09, 2009
nothing in the original post showing that's the man's wife and not a prostitute or a stripper.

In which case, the customer enjoys parting with his money.

So what's your point again?

Anyone can draw a picture and label it marriage. The figures themselves dont say the same.

The man may be one of those types who like dominatrix. Some guys are funky like that.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Outstrip(f): 3:39am On May 09, 2009
Actually that is more the definition of love in Nigeria only that the woman should be on her back legs wide open and the man should have cash in one hand and slave manacles in the other
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by bluespice(f): 3:41am On May 09, 2009
lol in a way it is the view of marriage in most 'mordern' societies nigeria not being left out
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by dayokanu(m): 3:55am On May 09, 2009
Its not too different in Naija of nowadays
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by racheal84(f): 6:37am On May 09, 2009
Well I am american, and i have to say, thats true alot. Sad but true. I see alot of it nowadays. and i agree with the girl whos said money and love are both necessary, i think so to. I wont marry if theres no love or money.

@ I90

your daughter is gorgeous! i saw her pic in your profile
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by sistawoman: 7:59pm On May 09, 2009
No that is not true.

In america the only people throwing money at the women are Nigerian Males.

Most couples in American (both black) come to the table at about the same level to work together. The males dont just throw money at the females here unless of course the male is Nigerian.

I dont mean to hurt anyone just telling the truth.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Lax75(m): 9:07pm On May 09, 2009
sistawoman:

No that is not true.

In america the only people throwing money at the women are Nigerian Males.

Most couples in American (both black) come to the table at about the same level to work together. The males dont just throw money at the females here unless of course the male is Nigerian.

I dont mean to hurt anyone just telling the truth.

??

You must have met ALL Nigerian men in America for you to come to that conclusion. I can easily sit here and come to a conclusion that AA women love to throw money at their "thugged out baby boys." I have dated a number of AA chicks who dated nothing but these "baby boys" before meeting me and yet I don't conclude that ALL AA women like to throw money at their "tyrones" or "thugged out couch bums."
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by mccloud224(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2009
A very funny world indeed.

Some women say they need love.Some say money.Some say both.

The truth is, there is nothing like love.What we have is fondness and we have that fondness for someone that makes us happy.And how can that person make us happy?With money of course, so the equation is money + more money = the love of a woman.

Some ladies might take offense and come up with the usual "its not true, money isn't everything,love conquers all, rolls eyes" theme but it's the truth.How many ladies would take a second glance at a poor graduate who got amputated?NONE.How many ladies would give an arm to have a date with puff daddy (everyone including the married ones).

End of talk.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Nobody: 6:53am On May 11, 2009
mccloud224:

A very funny world indeed.

Some women say they need love.Some say money.Some say both.

The truth is, there is nothing like love.What we have is fondness and we have that fondness for someone that makes us happy.And how can that person make us happy?With money of course, so the equation is money + more money = the love of a woman.

Some ladies might take offense and come up with the usual "its not true, money isn't everything,love conquers all, rolls eyes" theme but it's the truth.How many ladies would take a second glance at a poor graduate who got amputated?NONE.How many ladies would give an arm to have a date with puff daddy (everyone including the married ones).
End of talk.

only a poor man who never had money will believe that money will make you happy, just like they say "the grass is always greener on the other side"
the world we live in is centered around money and it doesnt matter who you talk to (male or female) we are all driven by money and success.
Money will NEVER buy you LOVE. it will buy you COMPANY but not love. yes, many men AND women will be attracted to a person with money and success but the minute that money is gone so will that "honey of yours too". if you think that being rich will automatically mean happiness then i am almost certain that you never had money in your life.
money can buy you many things but GOOD HEALTH, HAPPINESS and LOVE aint one of them!

what makes you think that its a WOMAN thing?
would[b] YOU[/b] rather date an amputee instead of Beyonce (if she was single)?!
people would want to date a famous person regardless of if they had money or not. thats thanks to the MTV/reality tv world we live in today.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by sistawoman: 2:48pm On May 11, 2009
Lax75:

??

You must have met ALL Nigerian men in America for you to come to that conclusion. I can easily sit here and come to a conclusion that AA women love to throw money at their "thugged out baby boys." I have dated a number of AA chicks who dated nothing but these "baby boys" before meeting me and yet I don't conclude that ALL AA women like to throw money at their "tyrones" or "thugged out couch bums."

For those that date the broke thug out boys you are absolutely correct.

So let me put it differently. . . . .99.9% of all Nigerian males in America throw the money at the women here to get thier attention (unless of course they have someone like me whispering in thier ear not to do it).

The truth is that most black women know where the easy money is. And we know that we can get it just on a hope a prayer that the man might get a whiff of the punnie. Most can be played for as long as 6 months before they start cutting the money in demand for goods. By that time we have moved on to the next sucker.

Dont mistake my truth and think that I dislike Nigerian men, just the opp. is true. I love my man and would not trade him. And had not for the circumstances that brought us together I would have never found out how wonderful Nigerian love can be.

Trust me I have played my fair share of Nigerian males.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by Lax75(m): 7:55pm On May 11, 2009
sistawoman:

For those that date the broke thug out boys you are absolutely correct.

So let me put it differently. . . . .99.9% of all Nigerian males in America throw the money at the women here to get thier attention (unless of course they have someone like me whispering in thier ear not to do it).

The truth is that most black women know where the easy money is. And we know that we can get it just on a hope a prayer that the man might get a whiff of the punnie. Most can be played for as long as 6 months before they start cutting the money in demand for goods. By that time we have moved on to the next sucker.

Dont mistake my truth and think that I dislike Nigerian men, just the opp. is true. I love my man and would not trade him. And had not for the circumstances that brought us together I would have never found out how wonderful Nigerian love can be.

Trust me I have played my fair share of Nigerian males.

Ok, I guess I can also say that 99.9% of African American women date nothing but thugged out baby boys and throw their money at them.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by sistawoman: 8:02pm On May 11, 2009
Lax75:

Ok, I guess I can also say that 99.9% of African American women date nothing but thugged out baby boys and throw their money at them.

That is prob. true.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by sistawoman: 10:01pm On May 11, 2009
Are you also generalizing based on your opening post?

Or are only males allowed to generalize?
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by momov37(f): 12:22am On May 12, 2009
I am a AA women and its hard to have good long lasting marriage without love and money. Love is all good but the last time i checked the water, gas and light company only wanted money to pay their bill. Now i can call them and ask if they will accept my love as payment but i don't do dark houses so i think I'll keep paying them in cash. I say love me sweetheart but keep that check coming in. As for AA throwing money at "baby boys" not in this lifetime. lol Not all AA women are after money but money is really needed to function in this world, and not having it will bring stress and bad feelings into a marriage.
Re: Definition Of Marriage In America by dsolution: 1:07am On May 12, 2009
The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.
The state of being married; wedlock.
A common-law marriage.
A union between two persons having the customary but usually not the legal force of marriage: a same-sex marriage.
A wedding.
A close union: “the most successful marriage of beauty and blood in mainstream comics”

(1) (Reply)

How To Treat A Girl / Imagine This Long Distance Marriage / Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.