Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? (1169 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Is It Okay To Stop A Girl On The Street? / Would You Attend An Ex's Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by acidtalk: 9:50pm On May 01, 2012
My Ex, My first love, the Only woman that I am 100% sure that truly loved me and would have even sacrificed her life for me. The only ex that even though we we our seperate ways always had se*x whenever we saw (sorry for exposing that part).

She called me yesterday to tell me she is getting married in a few months time and I MUST ATTEND.

I have never attend and ex's wedding and so confused on this particular request.

Eyin eyan mi (my people) I need your honest advice on this.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Killz3(m): 9:59pm On May 01, 2012
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by slimyem: 9:59pm On May 01, 2012
i aint attending no ex's wedding for anything in the world!
Na your choice abeg!
If you'll feel comfortable while there,fine!
If you'll not,you know what to do!
Stay away!
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by ijebabe: 11:09pm On May 01, 2012
Killz i SWEAR i'm not following you. I just happened to notice the topic and thot I wud contribute. If I catch this ayosmiles...... angry angry

@topic, Op I will suggest you kindly reject her invitation and stay away. Ur chemistry might become obvious and raise questions, or common friends raising eyebrows or some scenario of that sort, so avoid this situation.
You might get the crazy idea to crash the wedding by not 'holding your peace' so stay put cheesy
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by acidtalk: 12:18am On May 02, 2012
ijebabe: Killz i SWEAR i'm not following you. I just happened to notice the topic and thot I wud contribute. If I catch this ayosmiles...... angry angry

@topic, Op I will suggest you kindly reject her invitation and stay away. Ur chemistry might become obvious and raise questions, or common friends raising eyebrows or some scenario of that sort, so avoid this situation.
You might get the crazy idea to crash the wedding by not 'holding your peace' so stay put cheesy

Good advice. Thanks
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by 190: 12:55am On May 02, 2012
I rather pick stones from the street and throw it towards Mzdarkskin grand ma window in Jamaica

all the way from UK than attend any b[i]l[/i]oody bl[i]a[/i]sted ex's marriage!!

That would be madness

kmt - kissin my teeth undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 3:33am On May 02, 2012
acidtalk: My Ex, My first love, the Only woman that I am 100% sure that truly loved me and would have even sacrificed her life for me. The only ex that even though we we our seperate ways always had se*x whenever we saw (sorry for exposing that part).

She called me yesterday to tell me she is getting married in a few months time and I MUST ATTEND.

I have never attend and ex's wedding and so confused on this particular request.

Eyin eyan mi (my people) I need your honest advice on this.

goodluck...i'd never.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Nobody: 7:01am On May 02, 2012
Miss an opportunity to eat free food on my ex's expense? Hellz nah.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by nerodenero: 8:05am On May 02, 2012
I think it isnt advisable for you to attend.The questions are; if she luvs you this much,why didnt she marry you?Or is there something you are hiding from us.Again,will your presence at the party add any glamour to her wedding?Do you intend to crash the wedding by attending?Answer all these questions and if your answers are positive,u can attend but if otherwise, bros,borrow yourself brain,your presence isnt needed at all.Go look for your own wife!Na advice,I no mean to insult u.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by nerodenero: 8:14am On May 02, 2012
I dont know how long you dated this lady but assuming while you guys were dating,you were privileged to meet her family.Then at the wedding,mayb in the church,this family members now sees u.What readily comes to mind is that your mission is to destabilise the wedding.They will invite you outside the church,embarrass u and if possible threaten to cause harm if u distort d wedding.Bros,be wise!
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by cindyrella(f): 9:09am On May 02, 2012
Its your choice.. But me i am not sure i can..
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by 2goodbobo(m): 9:17am On May 02, 2012
Everything is down to personal choice. If you feel you can stand the atmosphere then why not? But if you can't, then stay at home.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Skii(m): 9:28am On May 02, 2012
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Skii(m): 9:29am On May 02, 2012
[size=13pt]
Poster kilode?

So that you will do another round in the toilet of the reception venue abi?

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by AmicusCuriae: 10:04am On May 02, 2012
Personally, I think it depends on how things ended. A lot of people, especially me are on VERY good terms with our exes. Infact one has made me promise 2 be best man even though I'm a girl. We dated, and it's over, no need to write a bestseller about it. I wouldnt miss his wedding for anything. However,if there is animosity or any ill-will involved, or heavy chemistry for that matter, You'd do well to keep ur distance. But in your case, from the facts you've given, I don't think it's a big deal. Just compose yourself and be happy for the new couple.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by acidtalk: 1:16pm On May 02, 2012
nerodenero: I think it isnt advisable for you to attend.The questions are; if she luvs you this much,why didnt she marry you?Or is there something you are hiding from us.Again,will your presence at the party add any glamour to her wedding?Do you intend to crash the wedding by attending?Answer all these questions and if your answers are positive,u can attend but if otherwise, bros,borrow yourself brain,your presence isnt needed at all.Go look for your own wife!Na advice,I no mean to insult u.

Hiding nothing.
Her mum was against the union due to ETHNIC differences.
Why should I crash her wedding? Wetin concern agbero with overload? I have long gotten over her, she is the one that keeps coming around.

Okay sir! I will take your VERY USEFUL advice.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by ademega(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2012
u can go there,but make sure u go wit smbody in case u want to cry or faint,atleast smone will be there to hold u.
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:42pm On May 02, 2012
hahahaha!grin grin grin

sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! angry angry angry
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by r231(m): 2:38pm On May 02, 2012
undecided
Re: Is It Okay To Attend An Ex's Wedding? by ademega(m): 11:48am On Nov 24, 2012
you can go bt make sure u go with friends and big rapa in case there are tears coming out from the eyes...

(1) (Reply)

Unorthodox Things 'classy' Nigerian Women Do To Bag A Husband / Its Ur Bf/gf Birthday Party And U Discovered ....................... / An Open Letter To Everyone Who Needs Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.