Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? (43422 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Can A Lady Be In A Relationship Without Asking For Money / Pete Edochie Responds To The Thread Can A Guy And A Lady Be "Just Friends"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2015
Joavid:

I just made you aware of that fact. And you turn it around and use as your own?

As for the rest of your post, you're confused - and pls don't ask me how. Read from the very first post you quoted me.

I'm aware of the setting boundaries part and i told you that that is barely friendship and can't be compared to a man to man friendship where there's no holds barred. I think you're one who's confused because you have simple comprehension issues. read between lines. Everything is not black and white.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Originalsly: 11:50am On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmm.... it depends. With Op's mindset you can never be just friends with the opposite sex. You have a hidden agenda and is faking friendship to get what you want. If at this stage of life you do not have real friends of the opposite sex.... with absolutely no strings attached.... then you are still at kindergarten level in the school of life.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by muelzik(m): 11:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Op is both right and wrong.

Do not generalize. There are people who cannot do without eating 5 times a day and there are others who can do without eating twice. We are not all the same. You may wish to use data camparatives to buttress ur facts. For example, 95% of the guys cannot keep female friends without going an extra mile.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by cyberwaver(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2015
A Question and Answer Web Portal has now been created for education purpose.
The purpose of the web portal is to give Nigerian Students the avenue to share their educational problems with gurus and get accurate answers.
Another thing the more questions you answer and the more questions you create, the greater points you will get to be a Top Guru that will be featured on the web portal.
The Web/Portal web address is http://ngedugurus.com .
Please share this info to all your friends and give it the population it so deserve.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by muelzik(m): 11:54am On Dec 25, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... it depends. With Op's mindset you can never be just friends with the opposite sex. You have a hidden agenda and is faking friendship to get what you want. If at this stage of life you do not have real friends of the opposite sex.... with absolutely no strings attached.... then you are still at kindergarten level in the school of life.

I agree with you 100%
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Figs(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2015
am an xampl.i hav a girl frnd whos engaged
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ojuu4u(m): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2015
HCpaul:
I have 7 female in my church (Winner's chaple), and we love each other with the real love of christ.
Are you telling me that we have a strange feelings for each other?

Come to our bible school, we will teach you how to control the seats of emotions.

True love is not centered on marriage and sex, but a friendship relationship worthy of emulation.

kip deceving ursf. perhaps u mistake church members for frndship. y is it that its not allowed in Pentecostal churches to allow male members alone to pay females home visit? and vice versa. pls ,friend is different from neighbor,co workers, etc. thrs no way u will kip females frnds that wint resuk to something else. anybody that says he or she kkip oposite sex ad close frnd, look at him or her very well.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by rejoicebae(f): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2015
Op u re sayin the truth jhoor,,ah stopped puttin mysef in such delusion wen my bdae mate,,infact,,,family fwends,,we went to the same skul,,graduated frm college the same year,,forcefully kissed mhe wen i visited and we wer gisting,,if i need a male fwend,,i wud go get a bfwend

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by cheerycoco(f): 11:59am On Dec 25, 2015
osazeeblue01:
No. Any girl that told u she keep male friends than female just know that she is a prostitute. If u think am lying go for research yourself.
I hate it when guys generalizes,just because u can't do it doesn't mean another person can't. i have been just a friend wit a guy for so long
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by eltweezy90(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
I agree with the Op totally.

There ain't no way I can be friends with a girl purely because of that. Most of the girls that are just my friends now we didn't just start like that. There was an attraction either from my side or hers but circumstances didn't let things happen.

And yes if given the chance i'll still have sex with like 97% of my female friends. It's only girls that will not agree with this because they don't understand.

Any girl who thinks every guy that is her friend has not nursed the intention of having sex with her before is just deceiving herself plainly.

Quote me in maiduguri. cheesy
True story!
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by omorttee4u(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
To some extends, you are right. It's just that we can't rule it out, even cry even from your so call wife or girlfriend, because, of some attribute on women, they are too lazy, if they are given any simple task, they always want an easy way instead of using their strength, they look for men that will do it for them easily...
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by dammywapes(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
osazeeblue01:
No. Any girl that told u she keep male friends than female just know that she is a prostitute. If u think am lying go for research yourself.
#Yinmu not all .... I grin @ ur words.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
STENON:
I love making and meeting new friends most especially the opposite sex.

No hug sef not to talk of Sex...

It depends on your mindset.

If only every lady can hear what the just male friend is thinking whenever they are together...

Then again some ladies are just so unattractive that while they are thinking they are just friends,the truth is that guys are not even thinking of dating them....hard fact

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by dammywapes(m): 12:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
cheerycoco:
I hate it when guys generalizes,just because u can't do it doesn't mean another person can't. i have been just a friend wit a guy for so long
No mind him
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by FILEBE(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
muelzik:
Op is both right and wrong.

Do not generalize. There are people who cannot do without eating 5 times a day and there are others who can do without eating twice. We are not all the same. You may wish to use data camparatives to buttress ur facts. For example, 95% of the guys cannot keep female friends without going an extra mile.

95% you say? Isn't that almost like 100%? Then we won't be wrong to say the o.p is largely right.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Odunharry(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
STENON:
I love making and meeting new friends most especially the opposite sex.

No hug sef not to talk of Sex...

It depends on your mindset.
which one be no hug?? are you deeper life member ?

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Toks2008(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
rejoicebae:
Op u re sayin the truth jhoor,,ah stopped puttin mysef in such delusion wen my bdae mate,,infact,,,family fwends,,we went to the same skul,,graduated frm college the same year,,forcefully kissed mhe wen i visited and we wer gisting,,if i need a male fwend,,i wud go get a bfwend

LOBATAN....
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Rushtec(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
If u have a opp sex in platonic r/ship wit u, and always in a close proximity. One day de will fvck

experience Ni
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by martineverest(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
Spoilt generation. In fact, rotten one
I have so many female friends; there have been no sexual advancement. We laff, discuss, play and do things I do with my male friends.i respect them the way I respect my male friends. Sometimes, we discuss films or football.... The rate at which sex occupies black man's mind is appalling.smh the boys that only see women as sex object

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by alayebamba(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op is right.Most promiscuous ladies call their numerous sex partners ...,friends.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ojuu4u(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=cheerycoco post=41328300]I hate it when guys generalizes,just because u can't do it doesn't mean another person can't. i have been just a friend wit a guy for so long

i pity u if truly u er a lady. pls dnt come here to lament that u ar being abused or jilted o. madam pls y is it hard to relate and close to ur felow ladies? i wil advice u to stop friendship wt that guy only if u want good man as husband. if u married already stop friendship wt him if u dnt want ur home to be scattered
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
Yea..... It is possible. I have a female friend, no strings attached, she connect me to beautiful n good Chick to date. And also tells me secret about ladies.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by kingjoe(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
KIDS ARE IN THIS FORUM.I HAVE MANY PLATONIC RELATIONSHIPS WITH GIRLS.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
You can be "just friends" with anyone. That there was an initial attraction thus making it impossible is flawed, you must be attracted to someone before making him/her your friend... that attraction mustn't be sexual, it could be for her intelligence, culinary skills... etc.

Saying that both have to be in a relationship for "just friends" to work, is actually jejune. You can do whatever you want with your friend whenever you want, if there isn't self-control. Being in a relationship has never changed that.

A mature guy/lady knows that there are friends that should remain friends. Any attempt to convert that platonic relationship to a romantic one will bring about the death of a friendship that should have lasted decades.

If you go about feeling like shagging all your female friends, check yourself_ you're obviously attracted to them for all the wrong reasons in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by STENON(f): 12:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
Toks2008:

If only every lady can hear what the just male friend is thinking whenever they are together...

Then again some ladies are just so unattractive that while they are thinking they are just friends,the truth is that guys are not even thinking of dating them....hard fact
Lol, I dnt keep my male friends in my room or in a private place.

Whatever they are thinking, they'l put it in their pocket.

Snc we'l not av any private talk or private place to meet, so I'm always free with them.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by AreaFada2: 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
I always had more female friends than male friends in the neighbourhood.

Some of those female friends wanted more though.

And some of my friends married the babes (my friends) that they met through me.

I have no problem keeping close female friends.

If I dig a babe, I don't waste time. I tell her before we become too friendly. Once too friendly, she becomes like a cousin/sister.

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Ensquare(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ladies pls qustn is for U. Pls give us an answer n the benefit of such to a guy
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by mentorken05(m): 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
I think it's kinda possible....just depends on the mindset...Let me share a story

During my early undergraduate days (100 to 200L)I had this girl as a friend. We were so close to the extent that people thought we were dating. I kept telling everybody that cares to know that we ain't dating and she did the same too. We did almost everything together(not that kinda thing ooo) like reading,going to classes etc. I was nice to her (just like courtesy demands). She was grateful having me as a friend,she calls me “a gentleman to a fault”.
As time goes on I figured out she was actually falling in love with me...I never knew she was comparing my humble self with her then boyfriend(NB:ladies please don't make this mistake of comparison. it does more harm than good). I had to withdraw,stopped some of the things we always do together,removed her digits from MTN family and friends(which means lesser call time)..i had to do what I had to do to avoid stories that touch. She felt bad and hurt.

Fastfoward towards my penultimate and last year in the university,i had this really nice girl as a friend. She helped me out with attendance(incase I miss class),gave me her notes to photocopy,bought handouts for me and all that..she was fun to be with bought I was very skeptical because of what I learnt from my experience in 100 and 200L..i had to force myself to be a gentleman when necessary(and not at all times),hardly call her,we only talk in school,turned down her request to come to her lodge uncountable times (also I hid from her the adress of where I was staying),whenever I figure out that we are getting too close,i would pick a fight with her,always called my female friends in her presence..she always said that I ain't a gentleman and I always laugh in my mind

So OP I think it depends on the following

1)personality
2)civilisation of the mindset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by geez18(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
can a goat and yam be friends? therein lies your answer.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by ewizard1: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Yes, only if both are in different relationships.

If I am married/dating and she's also married/dating then , theoretically, our emotional and sexual needs are being satisfied by our partners which are essentially the reasons why people date.

It's quasi-impossible to be just friends with a woman if she and/or you are not already dating others.
I wish this could be sticked on the OP. It answered the question totally.
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by onome2013: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
After few weeks of ordinary friendship, the hidden attached strings will come out.
If u are married nothing like mere friend. It only takes sometimes ,a stammer will answer his name when u call him
Re: Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
You can be "just friends" with anyone. That there was an initial attraction thus making it impossible is flawed, you must be attracted to someone before making him/her your friend... that attraction mustn't be sexual, it could be for her intelligence, culinary skills... etc.

Saying that both have to be in a relationship for "just friends" to work, is actually jejune. You can do whatever you want with your friend whenever you want, if there isn't self-control. Being in a relationship has never changed that.

A mature guy/lady knows that there are friends that should remain friends. Any attempt to convert that platonic relationship to a romantic one will bring about the death of a friendship that should have lasted decades.

If you go about feeling like shagging all your female friends, check yourself_ you're obviously attracted to them for all the wrong reasons in the world.
Your head dey there jare. I'm always bemused when I come across or hear that assertion. I just don't get it.

I think any guy that's of the opinion he can't be just friends with a lady has some work to do on self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shaming Of Women Over Leaked Sex Videos Or Nudes. / Man Refused To Pay Prostitute For Service After All Night Sex (video) / Married Ex Wants Me To Manage Her New Business

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.