Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. (48436 Views)

What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / If Balance Is An Excuse For The Existence Of Good And Evil What Balances Heaven? / Nairaland Atheists , Is This Man Good Or Evil After Doing All These ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
UchecoOtentic:

Who made weed......... GOD
who made cigar........ MAN

Which one should we follow?
the answer is there!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by sugercane: 11:14am On Mar 06, 2016
PastorandMentor:
All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 1 Corinthians 10:23

So the question you should ask yourself; Does it build me up or destroy me?
Does it make me want lust after the opposite sex? Does it make me abuse people and disobey traffic and governed rules of the land? When you answer that question, judge yourself deep inside of you. Alcohol is a mocker. Be not drunk with wine but be filled with the spirit. God bless you.
The Bible says be not drunk with wine; it did not say don't drink wine simple English

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
sugercane:

The Bible says be not drunk with wine; it did not say don't drink wine simple English
Please tell them o.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by santuse: 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
hmmm
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
santuse:
hmmm
Any surprise?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Ahmed99: 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
sir please will u explain Dis verses 2me in relation to what u said proverb 31:4
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ahmed99:
sir please will u explain Dis verses 2me in relation to what u said proverb 31:4
quote the verse verbatim please, no time.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by analice107: 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
How can a topic this important fall in the midst of little idle kids?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
analice107:
How can a topic this important fall in the midst of little idle kids?
SHOULD WE KEEP IT OFF FROM CHILDREN LIKE YOU THEN? grin
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Ahmed99: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2016
4It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; 5Lest they drink and for­get the law, And per­vert the jus­tice of all the afflicted. 6Give strong drink to him who is per­ish­ing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7Let him drink and for­get his poverty, And remember his mis­ery no more. kiss4It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; 5Lest they drink and for­get the law, And per­vert the jus­tice of all the afflicted. 6Give strong drink to him who is per­ish­ing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7Let him drink and for­get his poverty, And remember his mis­ery no more.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Image123(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
sugercane:

Speaking of simple English.
Pro 31:4 It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Ahmed99: 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2016
4It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; 5Lest they drink and for­get the law, And per­vert the jus­tice of all the afflicted. 6Give strong drink to him who is per­ish­ing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7Let him drink and for­get his poverty, And remember his mis­ery no more. kiss4It is not for kings, O Lemuel, It is not for kings to drink wine, Nor for princes intoxicating drink; 5Lest they drink and for­get the law, And per­vert the jus­tice of all the afflicted. 6Give strong drink to him who is per­ish­ing, And wine to those who are bitter of heart. 7Let him drink and for­get his poverty, And remember his mis­ery no more.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ahmed99:
4It is not for kings, O Lemuel,
It is not for kings to drink wine,
Nor for princes intoxicating drink;
5Lest they drink and for­get the law,
And per­vert the jus­tice of all the afflicted.
6Give strong drink to him who is per­ish­ing,
And wine to those who are bitter of heart.
7Let him drink and for­get his poverty,
And remember his mis­ery no more. kiss4It is not for kings, O Lemuel,
It is not for kings to drink wine,
Nor for princes intoxicating drink;
5Lest they drink and for­get the law,
And per­vert the jus­tice of all the afflicted.
6Give strong drink to him who is per­ish­ing,
And wine to those who are bitter of heart.
7Let him drink and for­get his poverty,
And remember his mis­ery no more.
SMH.

SO WHERE IN THAT PASSAGE DID IT SAY ONE SHOULDN'T DRINK?
IT IS NOT FOR KINGS, ARE YOU A KING?
NOW, DO YOU THINK THE BIBLE WILL TREAT SOMETHING THAT IT CONSIDERS SINFUL WITH SUCH A CASUAL REMARK, WITHOUT CALLING IT A SIN PLAINLY?
PLEASE HELP US BY NAMING A PARTICULAR SIN IN THE BIBLE, AND HOW THE BIBLE DESCRIBED IT AS A SIN.
IF YOU DO YOU'D REALIZE THAT WHEN IT COMES TO AN ISSUE AS SIN, THE BIBLE CATEGORICALLY CALLS IT A SIN.
NOT BY A MERE INSINUATION.
REMAIN BLESSED.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Image123(m): 8:40am On Mar 09, 2016
LEGALAide:

SMH.

SO WHERE IN THAT PASSAGE DID IT SAY ONE SHOULDN'T DRINK?
IT IS NOT FOR KINGS, ARE YOU A KING?
NOW, DO YOU THINK THE BIBLE WILL TREAT SOMETHING THAT IT CONSIDERS SINFUL WITH SUCH A CASUAL REMARK, WITHOUT CALLING IT A SIN PLAINLY?
PLEASE HELP US BY NAMING A PARTICULAR SIN IN THE BIBLE, AND HOW THE BIBLE DESCRIBED IT AS A SIN.
IF YOU DO YOU'D REALIZE THAT WHEN IT COMES TO AN ISSUE AS SIN, THE BIBLE CATEGORICALLY CALLS IT A SIN.
NOT BY A MERE INSINUATION.
REMAIN BLESSED.

So you agree that kings should not drink?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2016
Image123:

So you agree that kings should not drink?
THE QUESTION REMAINS: IS IT A SIN TO DRINK?
KING OR NO KING.
DO NOT GET OFF THE POINT!
PERHAPS WHEN THE BIBLE COMMANDS THAT YOU DON'T FORNICATE, IT SHOULD HAVE SAID: IT'S NOT FOR KINGS TO FORNICATE.
LOLZ grin
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Image123(m): 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2016
LEGALAide:

THE QUESTION REMAINS: IS IT A SIN TO DRINK?
KING OR NO KING.
DO NOT GET OFF THE POINT!
PERHAPS WHEN THE BIBLE COMMANDS THAT YOU DON'T FORNICATE, IT SHOULD HAVE SAID: IT'S NOT FOR KINGS TO FORNICATE.
LOLZ grin

The point actually is, What does the Bible say? Do you agree that kings should not drink?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
Image123:

The point actually is, What does the Bible say? Do you agree that kings should not drink?

SMH
OFF POINT.
TACKLE THE ISSUE!
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Image123(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2016
LEGALAide:

SMH
OFF POINT.
TACKLE THE ISSUE!

Oh, what the bible says is off point? Your question is the real point right?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 11, 2016
Image123:

Oh, what the bible says is off point? Your question is the real point right?
*feeling bored*
Ngwa...

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Image123(m): 12:21am On Mar 12, 2016
LEGALAide:
*feeling bored* Ngwa...
The Bible's take is mine, it is not for kings to drink.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 12, 2016
Image123:

The Bible's take is mine, it is not for kings to drink.
LOLZ.
Okay.

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by AmakaAina(f): 8:48pm On May 27, 2016
gradeA:
Am glad you quoted Luke 1:15 in your write-up. The reason John the Baptist was forbidden from taking alcohol was because he would be filled with the Holy Spirit from birth.

Now alcohol was permitted in the dispensation of old, but we are now in the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, and it is forbidden.

Once we have the new birth in Christ, and are baptised in the Holy Ghost, we get to the stage John the Baptist was at birth and what applied to him becomes applicable to us.

Guys the conclusion remains once you are born again, and filled with the Spirit of God, you have no business with alcohol, be it a sip, gulp or total consumption.

cc; LEGALAide.

Ermmm.... quick one, are you trying to imply that John the Baptist has more glory than our Lord Jesus Christ? Because all I have learnt in my Christian life is to be more Christ like....

Even John the Baptist said 'he was not fit to tie His (Jesus') sandals . Except I have been reading my bible upside-down.... I think your comment is very misleading and totally wrong!

Or are you saying Christ was not sanctified enough while he was on earth? Please remember that Jesus Christ was 100% man and 100% God before he came to the world , while he was in the world and after he left the physical world too

P.S the Holy Spirit is still the Spirit of God hence the Spirit of Christ because there's 1 true God with 3 manifestations, God the father , God the son ( Christ) and God the Holy Spirit...
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2016
AmakaAina:

Ermmm.... quick one, are you trying to imply that John the Baptist has more glory than our Lord Jesus Christ? Because all I have learnt in my Christian life is to be more Christ like....

Even John the Baptist said 'he was not fit to tie His (Jesus') sandals . Except I have been reading my bible upside-down.... I think your comment is very misleading and totally wrong!

Or are you saying Christ was not sanctified enough while he was on earth? Please remember that Jesus Christ was 100% man and 100% God before he came to the world , while he was in the world and after he left the physical world too

P.S the Holy Spirit is still the Spirit of God hence the Spirit of Christ because there's 1 true God with 3 manifestations, God the father , God the son ( Christ) and God the Holy Spirit...

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Gigihealth: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Alcohol use disorder which also involves a level that's sometimes called alcoholism. This is a pattern of alcohol use involving problems in controlling your drinking, always preoccupied with alcohol, continuing to use it even when it brings problems, drinking more to get the same effect, and also having withdrawal symptoms when you rapidly decrease or stop drinking. Click on the link below to know more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/alcohol-use-disorder-causes-treatment/
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Man Gets Visa To 3 Countries After Placing "Miracle Sticker" On His Passport / Mike Bamiloye Celebrates His Wife, Gloria, On Her 57th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.