Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. (48439 Views)

What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / If Balance Is An Excuse For The Existence Of Good And Evil What Balances Heaven? / Nairaland Atheists , Is This Man Good Or Evil After Doing All These ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by nwadiuko1(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2015
iPopAlomo:

How about cannabis... in moderation too... grin and alomo to go with it... in moderation...
u mean igbo? grin

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by condralbede(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2015
make I xhillax here
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by funum(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2015
Waiting to read comment
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by anonimi: 8:47am On Nov 01, 2015
The Bible says to use your TITHE to buy alcohol and enjoy yourself with it unlike the SCAM preached by the tithe mongers who PRETEND they are speaking for God when in fact they are speaking for their own master- the devil. shocked

Deuteronomy 14:

The Law of the Tithe

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. 23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. 24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: 25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: 26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or [size=13pt]for wine, or for strong drink[/size], or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

See: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=deuteronomy+14&ver=kjv

Matthew 7:

I Never Knew You

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

See: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=Matthew+7&ver=kjv

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 01, 2015
Silly question

The bible is indeed a trap and prison for Christians.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by baruzeez(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2015
Abeg aw about weed because na my hobby and life be dat o
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by iPopAlomo(m): 8:49am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:

...not minding that your question is neither here nor there, I'll answer.
Cannabis even in moderation is bad for you.
Stop taking it already!

you didn't answer the question... I need Bible passages to justify the fact just like you did to drinking... is hemp stated anywhere in the Bible...?!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 01, 2015
marleyboy1991:
Am surprised the way people makes alchohol looks nice in the society but shun canabis even though it is visible from research that canabis is the most useful plant on earth......The World Needs Weed ....
So that we can all stand for our right!!
Sorry this ain't no campaign for some weed.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Vaxt(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2015
u correct

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by cutelover19(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2015
I support

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by fadjnr(m): 8:55am On Nov 01, 2015
marleyboy1991:
Am surprised the way people makes alchohol looks nice in the society but shun canabis even though it is visible from research that canabis is the most useful plant on earth......The World Needs Weed ....
So that we can all stand for our right!!

Confirm. Oya op come and shed some light on this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 01, 2015
PastorandMentor:
All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 1 Corinthians 10:23

So the question you should ask yourself; Does it build me up or destroy me?
Does it make me want lust after the opposite sex? Does it make me abuse people and disobey traffic and governed rules of the land? When you answer that question, judge yourself deep inside of you. Alcohol is a mocker. Be not drunk with wine but by the spirit of God. God bless you.
Good questions but I guess you ain't saying nothing new no more.
The question is why do a sanctimonious few say that even a DROP of alcohol is bad?

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Revolva(m): 8:57am On Nov 01, 2015
Jesus turn water. Into wine....*nd dose days their wine is damm strong...so jesus boose everybody so why una go say make I no drink..una de crase....

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by marleyboy1991: 8:59am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:

Sorry this ain't no campaign for some weed.

Yeah I know....
Those two things they talking about "wine and beer"
Are made good as a result of the fact that the society dosent see anything wrong in them..but for real they not good for the health....ask a real doctor not a doctor who talks without research
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 01, 2015
California30:
What did Jesus turn water into ??
Malt ??

What wine is used in holy Communion ??
Fanta ??

You're just an ignorant young fucck.

Alcohol is used in holy Communion.
Jesus told Timothy to drink alcohol.
Read 1 Timothy 5:23
Ignorant people all over the world be claiming they know everything.
do I still have to ask you if you read my post?
You didn't.
If you did, you must have seen you didn't contradict me.
Happy Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by PastorandMentor(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2015
Because when you take little,you want to take more and more and more. I have tasted alcohol,and the difference is clear.you help yourself when you don't take it.
LEGALAide:

Good questions but I guess you ain't saying nothing new no more.
The question is why do a sanctimonious few say that even a DROP of alcohol is bad?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by California30(m): 9:01am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:

do I still have to ask you if you read my post?
You didn't.
If you did, you must have seen you didn't contradict me.
Happy Sunday.

Sorry.
I just read you post.
You're on point

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 01, 2015
California30:
Marijuana is good for you.
Why do you eat vegetables ??
Why do you eat fruits ??
They all contains alcohol.
Just leave your paw paw, oranges, apple, guava to ferment, then eat it & see how high you will be.

Ignorant people pisses me off
...it would have made more sense if you said that to Timothy.
I guess you know Timothy.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 01, 2015
You guys should not 4get that Jesus Christ turned water into Red Wine

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2015
baruzeez:
Abeg aw about weed because na my hobby and life be dat o
Since 1900, smokers are liable to die young!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 01, 2015
"Drink and forget your sorrow"
There's absolutely nothing wrong in taking alcohol and weed.Weed is a natural gift from the almighty God. If God doesn't want us to smoke it, he wouldn't have created it.We should learn to do things in moderation, because the bible condemns too much of everything.

As far wine, I take as much as I can carry. It doesn't move me to commit sin, so I don't see the reason why shouldn't.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 01, 2015
iPopAlomo:

you didn't answer the question... I need Bible passages to justify the fact just like you did to drinking... is hemp stated anywhere in the Bible...?!
it appears you are in love with smoking already.
Remember when Jesus told 'em, "it was because of your stubbornness that Moses made those laws for you"?, so, like Moses, I make this law for you too: go, smoke your life out!
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2015
Vaxt:
u correct
Thanks
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 01, 2015
cutelover19:
I support
Thanks
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by MadCow1: 9:12am On Nov 01, 2015
Wine is good..

That's why Jesus' first trick was changing water to wine and turning a boring wedding reception into a rave party.

5 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 01, 2015
marleyboy1991:

Yeah I know....
Those two things they talking about "wine and beer"
Are made good as a result of the fact that the society dosent see anything wrong in them..but for real they not good for the health....ask a real doctor not a doctor who talks without research
ask doctor kwa?
What if I told you I'm one?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by baruzeez(m): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:
Since 1900, smokers are liable to die young!
young lyk 100+ba

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2015
PastorandMentor:
Because when you take little,you want to take more and more and more. I have tasted alcohol,and the difference is clear.you help yourself when you don't take it.
Hahaha.
Poor logic.
I guess you know gluttony is still a sin.
So in order not to commit gluttony, don't eat, lest you keep eating, and eating and eating and....
Smh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by iPopAlomo(m): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:

it appears you are in love with smoking already.
Remember when Jesus told 'em, "it was because of your stubbornness that Moses made those laws for you"?, so, like Moses, I make this law for you too: go, smoke your life out!

Pastor... you don dey vex...

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2015
California30:

Sorry.
I just read you post.
You're on point
that's more like it.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by gradeA(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2015
Am glad you quoted Luke 1:15 in your write-up. The reason John the Baptist was forbidden from taking alcohol was because he would be filled with the Holy Spirit from birth.

Now alcohol was permitted in the dispensation of old, but we are now in the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, and it is forbidden.

Once we have the new birth in Christ, and are baptised in the Holy Ghost, we get to the stage John the Baptist was at birth and what applied to him becomes applicable to us.

Guys the conclusion remains once you are born again, and filled with the Spirit of God, you have no business with alcohol, be it a sip, gulp or total consumption.

cc; LEGALAide.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Gets Visa To 3 Countries After Placing "Miracle Sticker" On His Passport / Mike Bamiloye Celebrates His Wife, Gloria, On Her 57th Birthday / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.