Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says (33945 Views)

Buhari Critically Ill, Set To Be Flown Out Of Nigeria - PDP / Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / BREAKING: I Won't Return To PDP, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by chukkiephil(m): 8:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
ibisko04:

The situation here is different from what you are saying.
Nigeria will come out better than when we were going to the market with false information.
Yes, it's painful to tell people your dirty side, but if you are bold enough to say it as it is, people with good intentions will come to you.
which country has no problem? Let me ask you, do you go about telling people about your problems and weaknesses? My friend no matter what you try to brand yourself, my colleague (an English man) actually referenced this Buhari's speech to prove that Nigeria is not a favourable place to do business and he even rubbed it in my face that my president said so!! I bet you don't know how humiliating that was? u need to step out of Nigeria to understand that every negative word or sentence goes a long way in affecting US!! Oyinbos will always cover their weaknesses, they do this so good that people think oyinbo place is heaven on earth and scramble and even risk their life to come over only to realise that the difference is just exchange rate!! Buhari needs to stop painting Nigeria black, he is no longer campaigning instead let him get to Work and fix things!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by marv1: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
chukkiephil:
If you are a guy or girl and you support what Buhari is doing, I want to ask you a question, if you are wooing a girl, will you tell her how broke, rotten and corrupt you are? If you are a girl and a guy who is wooing you tells you how broke, rotten and corrupt he is, will you accept him? Please let's call a spade a spade!!! angry
Wooing a girl? This is completely different. The world is a global village where u cant do things in isolation. The false marketing PDP and GEJ did for 16yrs where did it take us? Infomation flies in microseconds on the internet. U cant be weak and u claim u are strong. False marketing as being done previously by GEJ, cant take nigeria anywhere at this point in time. Olisa Mentu should tell us someting else. Our politicians are terribly corrupt mentu can go and hang himself for all i care.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by biafranqueen: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
tsdarkside:

i am absolutly not apc fan...i voted for buhari not apc,because of the chibok dilema......nothing more...
i would have voted jonathan again,but i just couldnt forgive him chibok......its our job as black-men to protect our black-women....
jonathan failed completly their...he can not even protect his wife and daugthers....jonathan is a pvssy....

you go and try mistreat the white-woman,and see what the white-man will do with you..
why cant a black-man do the same for his black-woman too??

are you trying to tell me the black-woman is not worth defending??......
Do you know that thousands of women and children are being murdered and raped by Boko Harem since May what r u saying?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Alani86: 8:23pm On Nov 01, 2015
babafirst:
I love intellectual discussions like this on Nairaland but if we keep on with this till daybreak we will continue to have relevant points and relevant counter points.But are those concerned actually listening to us?I pray they are.Thanks.

Good question! But, the truth is; they don't necessarily have to listen to us. We are the future of Nigeria and ultimately, her surviving hope. This should be an avenue to challenge ourselves, learn from the mistakes of our parents, and brazen up for the task ahead. It starts from U$I!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by olatiler(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2015
kaydguru:
He's saying the truth. All the looter's should return their loot so the country can move forward. A country that has money with no value for it is actually poor.

I guess most of you would have been happy if he said Nigeria was doing great and we had nothing to worry about. Jonathan always said Nigeria was doing fine but where are we today.
I seconded you view
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Skybee1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
ochejoseph:
Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi:
"My economic aim is to make India the biggest
trading partner of Africa". Indian Economy is
strong and in good position to do business with
the rest of the world". . . .Modi

Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari:
"Nigeria is so corrupt and the people
are indiscipline. Powerful Nigerians are
frustrating anti-graft war". Nigeria is broke and
the people should brace for hardship. - Buhari

One is a leader with vision the other is a confused president
we must all bear d bitter consequenciz of electin an illiterate as a president,expect more of ds error .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by marv1: 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
chukkiephil:
which country has no problem? Let me ask you, do you go about telling people about your problems and weaknesses? My friend no matter what you try to brand yourself, my colleague (an English man) actually referenced this Buhari's speech to prove that Nigeria is not a favourable place to do business and he even rubbed it in my face that my president said so!! I bet you don't know how humiliating that was? u need to step out of Nigeria to understand that every negative word or sentence goes a long way in affecting US!! Oyinbos will always cover their weaknesses, they do this so good that people think oyinbo place is heaven on earth and scramble and even risk their life to come over only to realise that the difference is just exchange rate!! Buhari needs to stop painting Nigeria black, he is no longer campaigning instead let him get to Work and fix things!!!
U cant expect him to fix 16 yrs problem in mnths. PMB is not painting nigeria black. Its black already. I dont expect him to potray nigeria other than the way it is. The world is a global village where u cant do things in isolation. The false marketing PDP and GEJ did for 16yrs where did it take us? Infomation flies in microseconds on the internet. U cant be weak and u claim u are strong. False marketing as being done previously by GEJ, cant take nigeria anywhere at this point in time. Olisa Mentu should tell us someting else. Our politicians are terribly corrupt, mentu can go and hang himself for all i care.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by chaziroh(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Vry good one from Olisa metu
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by francizy(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
Muhahahaha, I've not even insulted the old senile one oh, only stated the obvious. Is he not all that I called him? This simply means that if I had called him a burukutu, sipping, kunu drinking, terrorist daura dullård (just like GenBloodyKiller does cheesy), you political thugs would have traced me and lynched me bah? grin grin grin

I wouldn't waste my prayers on the devil's equal tho. tongue

PassingShot:

Why not end your miserable life if you're so pained by the fact thay the man you hate so much is your president? In your deluded mind, you must believe your prayers or anyone's else has anything to do with success or failure of PMB. If it were by prayers, GEJ would surely have achieved better result and Nigeria would have surely done far better since 1999.

So shove your prayer in your down below.

tsdarkside:

no realy...you,strange ones have to stop insulting our leader....i was on a enugu thread ones...

very dirty city.......what does dirt have to do with erosion??...shut the fvck up,and clean your appartment...or keep on dreaming of Biafra till kingdom comes!!!.....your choice.....genuin nigerians still have hope...sooo...stop trying to pass your depressiv thinking to other nigerians...

why the hell,should we give you land,if you can not do something simple as cleaning your enviroment??...
you cant even prove to us that you would succeed alone....nothing to show,but always lamenting.....
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by marv1: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
Skybee1:
we must all bear d bitter consequenciz of electin an illiterate as a president,expect more of ds error .
Speak for urself i have no regret whatsover. Ur phd holder of five yrs achieved nothing eventually. Stop looking backward because its past and u cant change the past. Its the past. Stop wailing and come back after 4 yrs if PMB fails to deliver. Nigeria will rise again and be a better place.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by omojane91(f): 8:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Zakkyoz:

what has been the achievement of your 'certificated' jonadunce with his PhD? Somebody who tried to redefine corruption. He even repeated his stance when has the opportunity of correcting himself.

You will see what will happen in this country when Buhari forms his cabinet next week.

Don't mean to attack or insult u but I think u are part of d literate illiterates we have in dis country. When he said stealing is not corruption, u all shouted he was redefining it,but who can give a vivid explanation to wat Amaechi defined corruption to be? pls, let's stop being sentimental.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
Why is PDP and Oliseh Metu worried about attracting investors, they should be talking about PMB not Driving away the foreign investors that they woo into Nigeria for over16yrs? It was under PDP watch that most companies (Liverbrothers etc) ran away from Aba and Ikeja to Ghana.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
Zakkyoz:

what has been the achievement of your 'certificated' jonadunce with his PhD? Somebody who tried to redefine corruption. He even repeated his stance when has the opportunity of correcting himself.

You will see what will happen in this country when Buhari forms his cabinet next week.
that jonadunce you are talking bout in less than four years turned the economy of this country to the biggest in Nigeria. That's the same economy Buhari said is broke. See how the country is suffering since Buhari took charge. It's just the beginning
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by AraduF90(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
smuth:

Guy, the tin pain you no be small
Weh Don Comfirm Ftc Finish

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by omojane91(f): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
nicklaus40:
Buhari shld disregard this pdp and focus, they have nothing to offer except noise. If u think everything will get better within 5 month u are a learner. I support PMB

As if d ApC were not blabbing during d PDP administration, I wonder how some so called literate youths in Nigeria reason, our level of reasoning is seriously disturbing. Everything can't get better within 5months but at least, there should be visible plans to make us understand it will be better within 4years. No proper action but word nd not encouraging words but discouraging words. If the Indian president should be optimistic, y can't our president be optimistic but pessimistic? I'm not a politician nd neither do I support d past administration but let d president look 4 solutions to take us out of d mess we were put into by d past administration nd not just be giving excuses. Excuses can never nd will never take us out of this present situation in dis country. He should remember that he was voted to make a change and not to make excuses.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by gp6liveth(m): 9:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
Buhari is not a leader and does not know the economic implications of his statements. Even a worst business will always portray brighter look of his image and financial reports to woo investors.

Buhari has been making careless statements that sends wrong signals to current and potential investors home and abroad.

This man should know that Nigeria is not a cow business.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2015
biafranqueen:
Do you know that thousands of women and children are being murdered and raped by Boko Harem since May what r u saying?

yea....i am just saying why i voted buhari...if it was not chibok dilema...i would have voted jonathan again...that was the only thing i had against jonathan...a race that can not defend his women is doomed........

i dont know...you think i know??...i am angry like you that this raping and killing is still going on....
i thought buhari would be able to stop it,,, undecided undecided undecided

its better we find a way to solve this problems democraticaly,or else military-dictatorship awaits us again...
this is the possible future i saw for nigeria.... undecided undecided undecided undecided
a lot of dictators are waiting in the nigerian military if we fail... undecided undecided undecided undecided
i didnt see no biafra..and if you try to force it,this would create another paradox,that i can not foresee.....
my hearth is full of hope for nigeria,a paradox like biafra is something that would mess up the ol balance.....disaster-plan....
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Eluwilussit(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
ochejoseph:

Funny but true. Let them keep telling the whole world that we are not trustworthy.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Funny but true. Let them keep telling the whole world that we are not trustworthy.

hallo!!!.....newsflash:::: buhari said this to channelstv not in india....get your facts right........
what you are doing will create confusion,and confusion leads to people dying....is this what you want??..
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ExInferis(m): 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
PDP thinks the investors are so stupiid they don't know that Nigeria is broke?

Buhari's audience cannot easily be fooled with tales by moonlight. Even the UK admits that it's broke, the US always releases data whenever the economy is slowing.

As for corruption, same thing. They know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Eluwilussit(m): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
tsdarkside:

hallo!!!.....newsflash:::: buhari said this to channelstv not in india....get your facts right........
what you are doing will create confusion,and confusion leads to people dying....is this what you want??..

Did I mention any location? grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2015
ExInferis:
PDP thinks the investors are so stupiid they don't know that Nigeria is broke?

Buhari's audience cannot easily be fooled with tales by moonlight. Even the UK admits that it's broke, the US always releases data whenever the economy is slowing.

As for corruption, same thing. They know.

no realy.......thunda fire anybody that votes pdp again!!!....wtf...i thought we buried fee dee fee already??,,
why are they still talking??..

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Did I mention any location? grin grin grin

and since when is it wrong to say the truth??...
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Eluwilussit(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
gp6liveth:
Buhari is not a leader and does not know the economic implications of his statements. Even a worst business will always portray brighter look of his image and financial reports to woo investors.

Buhari has been making careless statements that sends wrong signals to current and potential investors home and abroad.

This man should know that Nigeria is not a cow business.

May be it is. Just may be !
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by biafranqueen: 10:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
tsdarkside:

yea....i am just saying why i voted buhari...if it was not chibok dilema...i would have voted jonathan again...that was the only thing i had against jonathan...a race that can not defend his women is doomed........

i dont know...you think i know??...i am angry like you that this raping and killing is still going on....
i thought buhari would be able to stop it,,, undecided undecided undecided

its better we find a way to solve this problems democraticaly,or else military-dictatorship awaits us again...
this is the possible future i saw for nigeria.... undecided undecided undecided undecided
a lot of dictators are waiting in the nigerian military if we fail... undecided undecided undecided undecided
i didnt see no biafra..and if you try to force it,this would create another paradox,that i can not foresee.....
my hearth is full of hope for nigeria,a paradox like biafra is something that would mess up the ol balance.....disaster-plan....
I understand why you feel that way. I agree with you about the military dictatorship threat, that is the only way Buhari knows how to operate, this democracy era is not his way and you can't teach an old dog new tricks. As far as Biafra goes, I am only behind it if it will be done with
#BrainsNotBlood. We have tried to hang in there since the 70s my Dear and it has not worked. I am not a Radio Biafra fan but I understand the anguish and pains of the youth, looking for a way out of despair. You think Igbo youths are happy to leave their fatherland to go and search for greener pastures? Our leaders have failed us and Nigeria is rewarding them even today, look how they are giving a man that burned down the Governors lodge because he lost election a Minister position. The only other way is true Federalism, but Nigerian elites will never go for that. A nation of 150 million is not easy to manage, it will be better for Nigeria to decrease the population. Imagine how much money can be spread when 5 states are removed from the oil pot. That will leave more money for the North and the West and give the South more political leverage since most want to stay with Nigeria. It is a big win for Nigeria if Biafra is actualized. We Biafrans will find our way like we always do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Eluwilussit(m): 10:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
tsdarkside:

and since when is it wrong to say the truth??...

And what is the truth? So you don't know that truth is relative? What's true today might be false tomorrow. As more information and understanding become available, positions and everything else may change.

There's a level of corruption everywhere in the world. We are not angels, but we are not demons either.

There is what is called packaging. Rebranding. Not demonizing Nigerians, just to appear pius. He is no saint himself and he's not fighting corruption without bias.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Alani86: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Eluwilussit:

But ask yourself the very sincere question my guy; "are we really trustworthy"? Take a good look at our leaders and conclude sir. Is it our incumbent senate president? Or the former minister for petroleum? Or the former IG? And so on and so fort..... You can even come down to the VCs, Principals, etc..... Are they trustworthy? Even you and I, are we really reliable and trustworthy? How will you and I behave when we get there?
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by deathmen12: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
ajepako:
Well, actually I didn't read it ( I dey craze?)

But, coming from PDP against APC and Buhari

It must be true and I believe it! tongue tongue

We all know PDP only steals

But APC lies.. in fact for the entire Africa..

So since it's not about stealing , then I believe PDP..

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
oga u nor go kil wit laff

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by drss(m): 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2015
ochejoseph:

we warned dem say buari na old school but dem refused to listen. Make dem enjoy dem change.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Eluwilussit(m): 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
Alani86:

But ask yourself the very sincere question my guy; "are we really trustworthy"? Take a good look at our leaders and conclude sir. Is it our incumbent senate president? Or the former minister for petroleum? Or the former IG? And so on and so fort..... You can even come down to the VCs, Principals, etc..... Are they trustworthy? Even you and I, are we really reliable and trustworthy? How will you and I behave when we get there?

I am trustworthy. Our leaders haven't been trustworthy. PMB has not been 100% honest with us. I hate to remind us that we didn't get to the bottom of PMB's certificate issue. We have swept it under the carpet. The right thing would have been for him to demand for it now and show it to Nigerians. But he wouldn't do that.

What's the use declaring your asset without making it public? When PMB is saying that nigerians are corrupt, does he include himself and his cronies? Amaechi, Fashola, Tinubu, Atiku, Silva, just to mention a few, are they better in anyway than those you mentioned?

We are corrupt. India is corrupt. China is corrupt. Pakistan is corrupt. Brazil is corrupt. America is corrupt. I can go on till eternity. The difference is what the original poster said.

It is not the duty of the president of Nigeria, to remind the world and all its people, that Nigerians are not trustworthy. It is his duty to find a way to market our country, and not to ridicule us by any means through unguarded utterances.

PMB might not know it but such talks like 95% and 5%, untrustworthiness, coupled with perceived selective justice and fight against corruption is exactly what he needs to avoid. At 72, I don't think he has any reason to fail. This is an opportunity to do good and set a standard, politically, morally, and personally.

I wish him a great reign. God bless the president of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by olaztek(m): 12:49am On Nov 02, 2015
No nation can achieve economic development without improving its agriculture sector. A functional and effective agric sector is needed to provide the various resources required for industrial production. Nigeria should focus more on agric that any other sector. China which has the largest economy after U.S. began its development from agric. We need to help ourselves first before seeking the help of others.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by aresa: 1:14am On Nov 02, 2015
chizpim:
This guy knows nothing about governance, even when the united states was broke they never said it, instead they printed money to back their economy. What is wrong with this cow called buhari his scaring away investors. Who will like to invest in an economy that is broke. This is total rubbish and not acceptable.

The us debt is always news in America..it's always in the media..it's always the main talking points and what their politicians attack each orher with everyday. It's whats what their presidential candidates are talking about and campaigning with as we speak.

So myfriend..please stick to naija poiitics and leave american politics alone because you sound ignorant and you know nothing about America..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Impeachment: Now I Know Why Trump Called Us Shithole Country - Ortom (VIDEO) / Photo Of Governor Adams Oshiomhole And His Friends Jogging On The Road / Ibe Kachikwu Visits COZA Church In Abuja (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.