Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says (33947 Views)

Buhari Critically Ill, Set To Be Flown Out Of Nigeria - PDP / Yahaya Bello ‘on Excursion’ In Kogi Government House, PDP Says / BREAKING: I Won't Return To PDP, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Bollinger(m): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
babafirst:
I marvelled at his analogy too.So I should hide my son's sickle cell status for example from my in-laws because I am desperate for marriage.Or because one's son is a drunkard it should be hidden from the in-laws when the same in-laws see him being picked from the gutter everyday?That analogy is/was really weird.

The Nairaland mentality at it's finest. You have to wonder the way some Nigerians think. I thought i was the only one who saw it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tope777(m): 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nigeria problem is not APC or PDP, but our POLITICIANS shocked
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by reuben79: 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
tempex88:
Am APC, PDP is right here. This is the second time baba is making a statement unbecoming of a leader. The first time was when he made comment about the judiciary like he wanted to hijack it cos of corruption. Baba needs people to review his statements. Very very important
fake apc member-----pro gej.......anti buhari
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Ovaiegbe(m): 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
tsdarkside:

fela was a nakedd idiot........and his idiocy cost his mothers-life...weed-idiot...maybe he even took hard-drugs too....

Yet you can not take away his intellectual acclaim from him even in death. I believe you may never equal him in two life times.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2015
Reference:

And Oga wake up. When it is made here. It is called MADE IN. IN. IN. NIGERIA. Indomie is made BY indians. It is made IN Nigeria. You need foreign investors bro. Dangote is making cement IN Tanzania. He pays his taxes (from the plant) IN Tanzania. Nigeria will gain very little. Dangote takes the cake. He is a Nigerian but to Tanzania he is a foreign investor. You need them.

its my opinion to say we dont need them....nigerias micro-economic is enough to bring us through hard times...

if you need now power-plants,and sophisticated things then we would need them......

our problem is maintenance...we already have a lot of things.......if we keep on like this,then the new railways will rot,and you would have to start from scratch again...very silly....maintain what you have now,and wait till the economie turns around to build more....

the chinese use only their own workers to build their country...why cant we do that too??...much cheaper....

or you want to tell me,we send our children to school for nothing..??..
you want to tell me that nigerian-engineers can not design and build a power-plant??....
for what do they go to school for..??..to make selfies??....
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Reference(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
Bollinger:

You might not want to admit it but even if we don't say it the know the truth. They have nationals here living and working with us. You think they don't talk amongst themselves?

That is exactly what I said in the post you are replying. And I am sure the nationals living here will rather want to hear what he is DOING. He was elected to do. He went abroad hoping the investors will do. What if they begin to chronicle all their own problems what will he think. Abi India no get problem bedevilling them. Pally, every country get him own big wahala.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by onatisi(m): 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
Gabbysky:
'The proverbial father who, in the presence of potential suitors, often portrays his daughters as wayward and yet constantly complain of their inability to find husbands'

WORD!
bros don't argue with them. They will soon say you are weird

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by PassingShot(m): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2015
francizy:
See the vindictive, bigoted, selective, tribalistic, visionless, pessimistic, mischievous and senile president with analogue brains that mizmycoli asked us to pray for. angry

Very soon, the major occupation of 95% of Nigerians will become armed robbery, fraud, ritual, rape, terrorism, etc just because one old morôn decided to wreck our economy with his negative mindset and speeches.

You never see the likes of modath, passingshot and co here. SmH! undecided
Why not end your miserable life if you're so pained by the fact thay the man you hate so much is your president? In your deluded mind, you must believe your prayers or anyone's else has anything to do with success or failure of PMB. If it were by prayers, GEJ would surely have achieved better result and Nigeria would have surely done far better since 1999.

So shove your prayer in your down below.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by babafirst(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2015
Olisah Metuh sometimes in a bid to defend your party you end up sinking the party.Is this how you people have been mis-branding pdp until 'breeze blow fowl bombom open' in the last election.If you don't tell investors(the electorate) the truth and be sincere about what you are doing about solving the problem then it's called SCAMMING.Keep on scamming your remaining followers in pdp so you won't scare them away about the decay in your party.This your statement just shows your technic of holding on to your members.But I am satisfied with one truth you people have told yourselves and that is by zoning the presidency to the North in 2019 GEJ is no longer wanted and he is not the super hero you people flaunted in the 2015 election.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by coasta(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2015
Confused uncircumcised Buhari and his lyin mates...
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2015
francizy:
See the vindictive, bigoted, selective, tribalistic, visionless, pessimistic, mischievous and senile president with analogue brains that mizmycoli asked us to pray for. angry

Very soon, the major occupation of 95% of Nigerians will become armed robbery, fraud, ritual, rape, terrorism, etc just because one old morôn decided to wreck our economy with his negative mindset and speeches.

You never see the likes of modath, passingshot and co here. SmH! undecided

no realy...you,strange ones have to stop insulting our leader....i was on a enugu thread ones...

very dirty city.......what does dirt have to do with erosion??...shut the fvck up,and clean your appartment...or keep on dreaming of Biafra till kingdom comes!!!.....your choice.....genuin nigerians still have hope...sooo...stop trying to pass your depressiv thinking to other nigerians...

why the hell,should we give you land,if you can not do something simple as cleaning your enviroment??...
you cant even prove to us that you would succeed alone....nothing to show,but always lamenting.....
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Reference(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2015
babafirst:
I get your point but this has gone beyond basic psychology and that is why I used the words 'for the moment' in my earlier comment.For now no basic psychology can bamboozle the world as they marvel at our level of corruption.Infact the only investors PMB will chase away are the foreign crooks who know they cannot fit into the system again.Leaders from other countries have acknowledged problems like this in the past.Even Lee Kuan Yew had to acknowledge the problem of corruption and infrastructural decay in his country after their independence from Malaysia left them even without water.He built confidence by agreeing to stamp out corruption and making Singapore a haven for investors to confidently invest.Sepp Blather has been making noise about no corruption in FIFA till he was drowned in the anti corruption Tsunami launched against FIFA.Last time I remember Coca cola or so was almost pulling out their sponsorship because of FIFA denial of corruption.I understand your point but I tell you if the Indian PM comes to Naija and does not accept the issue of rape or Jacob Zuma comes to Nigeria and denies Xenophobic killings in SA and explain what they are doing about it then I can never send my daughter with my hard earned currency to school in those countries.

No one is saying he should deny it. Metuh and the PDP is simply saying he should stop repeatedly putting that as our only offering as a nation and as a people. That it demarkets us. Let me ask you. Is he going to wait till every corrupt Nigerian is in jail before he handles the economy. Can you wait on that. When fire consumes an occupied house, the firemen break into two teams - one to rescue, the other to tackle the blaze. One cannot wait on the other. Wisdom and success in life remains about striking the right balance. I know his vision is a holy country but he has to feed the masses with 5 loaves and 2 fishes. He should be careful not to make the same mistakes as in 1984.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
Reference:

No one is saying he should deny it. Metuh and the PDP is simply saying he should stop repeatedly putting that as our only offering as a nation and as a people. That is demarkets us. Let me ask you. Is he going to wait for every corrupt Nigerian is in jail before he handles the economy. Can you wait on that. When fire consumes an occupied house, the firemen break into two teams - one to rescue, the other to tackle the blaze. One cannot wait on the other. Wisdom and success in life remains about striking the right balance. I know his vision is a holy country but he has to feed the masses with 5 loaves and 2 fishes. He should be careful not to make the same mistakes as in 1984.

now,this is wisdom!....

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by alphaconde(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
mediachirps:

Sorry about that. Put your hope on God.

Yes my brother theis government can be hopeless
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by predatorX: 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2015
i guess marketers would prefer the one who preferred to release all the goats so that our yams would be devoured indiscriminately

Buhari's statements is sending away the GOAT-INVESTORS in human skin. No more goats in Politics grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by AreaFada2: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
shadelek:
I guess buhari has no idea the consequences of negative speech to this country's economy. Even if what he said is what is happening currently, it should'nt be made known to foreigners, it should rather be an internal affairs. No wonder he was avoiding a lot of presidential debates during his campaign. Had it been Nigerians had better choice, he should'nt have been elected.
We had. But 9ja elite didn't want that. How can a country with Fashola, Ribadu and others said not to hv a choice?
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
Ikiriye:

So with the kind of statement he proposes if you are an investor will you invest in such a country.animal blind beyond comprehension.foolish apc fan

i am absolutly not apc fan...i voted for buhari not apc,because of the chibok dilema......nothing more...
i would have voted jonathan again,but i just couldnt forgive him chibok......its our job as black-men to protect our black-women....
jonathan failed completly their...he can not even protect his wife and daugthers....jonathan is a pvssy....

you go and try mistreat the white-woman,and see what the white-man will do with you..
why cant a black-man do the same for his black-woman too??

are you trying to tell me the black-woman is not worth defending??......
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Franzinni: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
all4naija:
Dullard should resign!
and if he doesn't, will you go and remove him? Pmb is your president till 2019. No Jupiter can change that!
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by omolami: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
That ridiculous statement is the best that can come out from his mouth because he was not reading a written Write-ups up. A president without WAEC is expected to talk like that. Chief dullard.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by philips70(m): 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2015
As usual, many who have little knowledge on the real issues and how they went will always fall victim to the shenanigans of politicians. PDP is struggling to gain the sympathy of Nigerians so they will go any length to do it even with lies that will stoke the sentiments of Nigerians.

Buhari made all the speech they wrote up there not to any international audience in India but to a ChannelsTv correspondent in a corner interview. He has been accused severally of not granting interview to local journalists when on international trips. As usual many will not check before passing judgment.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ifeomamaria: 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
If I may ask, all d trillion dollars Buharri and his APC told us that d recovered from past ministers, including d ones d said some past ministers returned secretly, what are d doing with it ? Is such statement of fund recovery false ? Was it just to tarnish d immage of past administration ? Ok what of d bail out funds of some past officials arrested (theirs and their suretees in d like sum) ? Can't Buharri start doing something with these monies than to fold his hands watching our economy going down day by day ? He should stop complaining b/c this statement he is repeating now was what he used during his campeign. He said during his campeign that if oppurtunity should be giving to him, he would fix d economy. That was reason people gave him maximum support. People are waiting to see d economy fixed. He should stop embarrassing us by telling u that d nation is broke. D earlier he start work d better for him because all eyes are wide open watching and all mouths are ready to talk.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Atb4life22(m): 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2015
The challenges faced by Nigeria as a country is so much and to get it solved we need a valiant and brave leader. Buhari is qualify, but he got us convinced about his quality through deceit wheeled to us through his party's proganda. With us now faced with reality of this economy regress, all their promises cannot be fulfilled. So, in my opinion all these gabbage spillings by the party and the president is to dampen our morale, so that all our expectations of the party fulfilling all the promises will be killed off. Though, the president will perform, but they choose all this suspense tactics to reduced our expectations. APC will do its bit, but it will fall short our expectations. The way forward in this country is to practice full scale regionalism, let this country break atleast into regions. A region quest to better another will foster development of each regions which will start up through the appointment of a right leader to champion their course. ARISE! OH NIGERIAN YOUTHS, NIGERIA NEEDS U NOW OR NEVER.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by tsdarkside(m): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
philips70:
As usual, many who have little knowledge on the real issues and how they went will always fall victim to the shenanigans of politicians. PDP is struggling to gain the sympathy of Nigerians so they will go any length to do it even with lies that will stoke the sentiments of Nigerians.

Buhari made all the speech they wrote up there not to any international audience in India but to a ChannelsTv correspondent in a corner interview. He has been accused severally of not granting interview to local journalists when on international trips. As usual many will not check before passing judgment.

una see!!!...now the ruth is coming out......

this have wondered me too,that buhari would do such a thing...this type of things you only talk with your family-members...surely not with outsiders

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by chukkiephil(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
If you are a guy or girl and you support what Buhari is doing, I want to ask you a question, if you are wooing a girl, will you tell her how broke, rotten and corrupt you are? If you are a girl and a guy who is wooing you tells you how broke, rotten and corrupt he is, will you accept him? Please let's call a spade a spade!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by smuth(m): 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
AraduF90:
Op U Deh Craze Ni? You Open Thread Con Deh Drag For Ftc Abi?

Guy, the tin pain you no be small
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ibisko04: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Truth is always bitter, but it is the only constant thing in life.
We should all thank God for this administration. Marketing the country with false information is a disservice to the world.
This is the best time for investors who are really looking for good reason to do business in Nigeria.

When you tell people the kind of ailments you are suffering from, they will be able to get you the real medicine to heal you.

Why should we go to market and tell everyone that things are going well when we all know that the opposite is the truth.

PDP government has been falsely marketing Nigeria for sixteen years. What is the outcome.

Let us face the reality of our situation and starting to look for proper way to get back to work in order to fix the problems.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by awa(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2015
lolaxavier:
PDP, shvt da fvckup. Your wailings are inconsequential.

Did you at least read their concerns this time around before calling them Wailers?
You aren't doing your nation service by not saying YES to some thoughts that can move us forward. Lets learn to be bipartisan
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Itulah(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
This is very shameful undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by Alani86: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
ochejoseph:
Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi:
"My economic aim is to make India the biggest
trading partner of Africa". Indian Economy is
strong and in good position to do business with
the rest of the world". . . .Modi

Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari:
"Nigeria is so corrupt and the people
are indiscipline. Powerful Nigerians are
frustrating anti-graft war". Nigeria is broke and
the people should brace for hardship. - Buhari

One is a leader with vision the other is a confused president

This isn't completely correct! President Buhari is neither perplexed nor incapable. We have simple foolishly allowed some goats in sheep form to cripple our economy. What do you think Modi can ever do if he were our incumbent president? We should only beg God as a Nation, to stop being an Esau but a Jacob. Switzerland is a typical example of a Jacob-like Nation.

I refuse to serve my contemporaries let alone those behind me. "The Lord is the portion of my inheritance".... Therefore, all things are mine! I refuse to be stranded! Because I'm christ's by Faith through Grace, then I'm Abraham's seed and an heir according to the promise!
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by ibisko04: 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
chukkiephil:
If you are a guy or girl and you support what Buhari is doing, I want to ask you a question, if you are wooing a girl, will you tell her how broke, rotten and corrupt you are? If you are a girl and a guy who is wooing you tells you how broke, rotten and corrupt he is, will you accept him? Please let's call a spade a spade!!! angry
The situation here is different from what you are saying.
Nigeria will come out better than when we were going to the market with false information.
Yes, it's painful to tell people your dirty side, but if you are bold enough to say it as it is, people with good intentions will come to you.
Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by babafirst(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
Reference:

No one is saying he should deny it. Metuh and the PDP is simply saying he should stop repeatedly putting that as our only offering as a nation and as a people. That it demarkets us. Let me ask you. Is he going to wait till every corrupt Nigerian is in jail before he handles the economy. Can you wait on that. When fire consumes an occupied house, the firemen break into two teams - one to rescue, the other to tackle the blaze. One cannot wait on the other. Wisdom and success in life remains about striking the right balance. I know his vision is a holy country but he has to feed the masses with 5 loaves and 2 fishes. He should be careful not to make the same mistakes as in 1984.
I love intellectual discussions like this on Nairaland but if we keep on with this till daybreak we will continue to have relevant points and relevant counter points.But are those concerned actually listening to us?I pray they are.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says by marv1: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
sweatlana:
I said this exactly on the other trend. Buhari is portraying Nigeria as a hopless national.

Can someone pls tell pmb u don't shit where u live!

I wonder how he intends to get investors when all he does is rubbish Nigeria each time he travels abroad. undecided
I'm beginning to believe that buhari might actually be a stark illiterate cos even a trader sealing in the market would not tell a potential customer that her goods are rotten angry
It doesnt matter. Did GEJ not employ foreigner for PR job? What happened thereafter? Was the economy not battered by pdp for 16yrs? And mentu wants apc to fix it in 6 mnths. Nigeria image has been battered for 16 yrs and the outside world knows nigeria is full of corrupt politicians and that is why they boycott doing business in nigeria. So what is olisa mentu trying to hide. He wants to hide behind one finger. Am quite sure he is fighting back indirectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rivers Releases 22 Exxonmobil Staff Arrested For Violating Lockdown Order / Buhari Meets David Cameron In London / Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.