Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! (37524 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by JohnReese: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2015
Aswear
Awoofawo:

Most christians just carry their bible around, forming holier than thou! They hardly have clear understanding of what they are professing as a christian!
They will cry witch and wizard over nothing!

Their spiritual blindness worst pass bat own!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2015
Hav U eva think of buying 4rm JUMIA, but don't no how 2 go about it, Call 4 Ur fastest online MARKET xperience. Cash on +Doorstep Delivery 08136386580.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by kunle75(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness

Am sorry i feel that you are not a position to decide for her at all.

Your offense is that you should have taken her inn as your second wife instead putting asunder in your brothers home
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Princewell2012(m): 10:44am On Nov 02, 2015
XaintJoel20:
You offence is that you gave you brother a wrong and ungodly advice. Have you forgotten that this is akin to what happened in the Bible when Herod married the widow of his brother (Herodias) which prompted John the Baptist to condemn the act because it was wrong
Please read Matthew 14:1-7...

So what will happen if the general overseer forgive him and warn him not to do so again

If Jesus were to be G.o of that church what could he have done to him?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by juna50(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2015
This very bad, but don't worry Our living God will surely lift you up back. smiley[/i][i]
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by hitleraldof(m): 10:49am On Nov 02, 2015
XaintJoel20:
You offence is that you gave you brother a wrong and ungodly advice. Have you forgotten that this is akin to what happened in the Bible when Herod married the widow of his brother (Herodias) which prompted John the Baptist to condemn the act because it was wrong
keep misquoting bible to suit your argument.......
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by izutex007(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2015
oderemo:

Go read your bible very well , father Abraham did it and many more in the same bible. Uncle Solomon nko?

Before Araham Jesus was... We are christains(christ-like) not other wise.

Thre is no justification to marrying the widow. Allow her to make her choices. If She chooses to marry again fine(not as a second wife because that is not christain!!!).

I was expecting to hear 'my family agreed that we would hence forth take care of her financial burdens'.

Dont do for people what only God can do. A man/woman who will go wayward will go wayward. If only Godly conviction that will stop such process.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by effty(m): 11:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Herodias was not a widow. She was Philip's WIFE. Always quoting the bible wrongly.
XaintJoel20:
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by erumena(m): 11:16am On Nov 02, 2015
oderemo:

Go read your bible very well , father Abraham did it and many more in the same bible. Uncle Solomon nko?

Quotes from old Testament sir, read the new Testament!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by extinctbeauty(f): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2015
What was the portion of the child leah gave birth to in the portion and she wasn't a widow.........................Bible condemn such act and as a pastor probably u weren't thinking straight to av given such advice sir.
oderemo:

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Ursino(f): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
hardywaltz:
For me i think the advice is in other.
Kehinde's wife was just been inconsiderate

That's not true! You sound wicked either! Would you like to share your spouse with anyone? Conditions not withstanding
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
delishpot:

It was tradition in many parts of Naija a loonnng time ago sha. That was when women were denied education and choice in life. They were at the mercy of their fathers, brothers and husbands. Nowadays our girls are treated much better jarey cool
u're talking about education and choice, didnt u read d OP, the lady is educated and she accepted to marry d brother in-law by choice. I have a neighbour in such situation, lost her husband and accepted to marry d brother in-law by her own choice, and they're happy. For those saying its against christian doctrine, pls what will be ur advice in such situation if u were the Op.. The man was being considerate dats why he gave such advice, shows he's still human with a heart and feels the woman's pain. He didnt do anytin wrong. The final decision lies on the man's wife, she's the one who need to be convinced, not d church
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Ursino(f): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Which church even ordained you a pastor in the first place? Because, the way your story sounded, it seems you are a true face of hopelessness! How can you advise such in this 21st century! So, your late brother's wife is now your family hereditary property! Or maybe, because Kehinde's wife has only one child, you now think Taiwo's wife should now come and give Kehinde a dozen children since she seems to be more fertile. I'm sure there are so many conditions precedent to this order. I can't just understand! Are you christian at all?
And Bros, your bother's wife is your sister ooooo. By marriage, she is. You can ask anybody around you that has good brains. So, would you allow your brother to marry your sister? Better still, would you advise them to live together as adulterers? I'm sure no Bible-believing church will wed them. The woman is free from your family grip. According to Saint Paul, she can either choose to remain single, or remarry(definitely not to your family).
Let her be! Or live in a cursed world!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Ursino(f): 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2015
Soulprovider:
u're talking about education and choice, didnt u read d OP, the lady is educated and she accepted to marry d brother in-law by choice. I have a neighbour in such situation, lost her husband and accepted to marry d brother in-law by her own choice, and they're happy. For those saying its against christian doctrine, pls what will be ur advice in such situation if u were the Op.. The man was being considerate dats why he gave such advice, shows he's still human with a heart and feels the woman's pain. He didnt do anytin wrong. The final decision lies on the man's wife, she's the one who need to be convinced, not d church

That it happened in your hood, or that people are doing it does not make it morally right. And for people quoting Solomon and Abraham, are we moving forward or backwards? Your brother's wife is your sister, you are bound to protect her, and not to sleep with her; except if you want to know what happens to people that commit incest.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by pomsky: 1:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Fraih(f): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Mr Op, i did you seek God's face before advising your brother? Did the Holy spirit lead you?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by pomsky: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:
This is a true life story

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?

[size=14pt]......your only offence is dat u should have been pastoring a "shrine"and not a church[/size]. angry

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by FOLLOWJESUS: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2015
The problem we are having today in chriterdom is the problem of half becked pastors. Pastorial office is not for everybody but for the people who have the calling and the grace, properly rooted in the bible doctrine and have the grace to digest the word of GOD through the holyspirit.The action of this pastor shows that he is totaly ignorant about the doctrine of the bible concerning marriage and other related matters.The mission has done well by sacking the pastor.If you have bought or given land to the church that doesn't mean that d church should compromise.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
oderemo:

Why not marry 3 or 4 wives like in d days of abraham after what jesus christ admonished us about marriage a xtain will come here and be embarrasing christainndom.iam ashamed of u
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by knowledge4(m): 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
You are still asking for your offense?
Did U not ask the church why they demoted U?
Are you not a pastor?
What kind of a pastor are you?
Do not you know what the Scriptures say on this abominable marriage which you advocated?
You should bury your face in shame as a pastor who has a chronic lack of knowledge of the Scriptures.
What ministry is that that made you a pastor or allowed you on their pulpit?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by OILOFGLADNESS: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?

BRO U ARE VERY WRONG, BOTH IN HUMAN AND GODS EYES.

KEHINDE's WIFE DID THE RIGHT THING.

YOU DIDN'T TALK ABOUT YOUR OWN MARRIAGE
PROBABLY U ARE IN THE BEST POSITION TO MARRY HER.

MEANWHILE IF SHE WANT TO REMARRY, THERE ARE MANY MEN THAT WOULD WANT HER ONLY IF SHE EXERCISE PATIENCE
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by dwesternmall: 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to Careers@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

or

http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers

More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
haba pastor, you acting asif you dont know the bible, what happened to the one man one wife instruction, and why would you advice a married man to add another wife...kai na wa o.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by christemmbassey(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
If ur church pay/collects tithes they are wrong. Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon etc married more than one wife. They are hypocrites.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by badesco(m): 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
As a pastor i expected to know better. You desrve what yiu got.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by leofab(f): 12:59am On Nov 03, 2015
drstan:

where did I say God will kill him , if that is how best you can comprehend the passage good for u!
"""""""be ready to face what ever comes your way ,because God that gives life can also take it""""""""explain this threat!!!!!!!!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by stonecoldcafe: 1:49am On Nov 03, 2015
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?

Fool! If you care so much marry your late brother's wife. The wife go still remain for family abi? e nor compulsory say na the twin brother go marry am so go ahead and marry her. Ode!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At US Embassy Celebration With PM Netanyahu In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.