Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! (37522 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MuttleyLaff: 12:50am On Nov 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Smh.

He mplied that the pastor was wrong and the idea is that anything wrong is considered "sin" in Christianity, hence the question so you don't have a point here.
He said the chap should know better advising something evidently wrong and only permissible in OT Judaism
but you went bellicose on him, twisting up his comment with a ''Since when is polygamy a sin?''

Levirate marriage has no place with believers, it was prescribed for the benefit of the Israelite widows to safeguard their future and inheritance

freecocoa:
So God's walk with David, Abraham and the rest of them wasn't beautiful? Talk about not knowing the meaning of words, wonderful!

So the bible talking about a man treating his wife right, should he decide to take another, isn't God endorsing polygamy? Shame unto you if you come back asking me where that is in the bible
As I earlier requested:
Why DONT you put the devil to shame, by showing where God ENDORSED polygamy
I can bet you've mistaken God endorsing the Levirate Marriage for Him endorsing polygamy

freecocoa:
I couldn't care less whether you decide to judge or not
Fine, as I dont give a Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo either

freecocoa:
I only need you to know your judgement on the matter is bull, seeing as it's not your place to do so
There is nada coming from you that needs knowing about on the matter
and it sure isnt out of my place not to make observations and post comments when or as deemed fit

freecocoa:
plus it doesn't affect me in any way, there's totally nothing to suck up.
Yeah right, sleep well and tight then
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by lastpage: 1:17am On Nov 02, 2015
ODUBEZE:

You mean Abraham married his brother's wife? same as David and Solomon?
Read the OP initial comment that I quoted before you start getting out of point!
SMH!

Stop trying to be clever by HALF!

He was referring to the issue of polygamy and thus, my reference was very correct.

Incase you are all mixed-up and still insists he was talking about "marrying his brother's wife", you only need to recognise that death of a spouse, discharges the other spouse of ALL SPOUSAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ATTACHMENT.

In that regards, the lady is "no longer his brother's wife" ... but a FREE WOMAN ... and that is the context of the discussion.
Abraham, David, Solomon and many others who were closer to God and accepted by God, than all the hypocrites here, were POLYGAMOUS.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ab1x: 1:49am On Nov 02, 2015
What is your offense? Seriously, what happened to one man, one wife as prescribed in the bible?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Ayatullah(m): 1:49am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:
This is a true life story

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?

I WILL COME TO YOUR AID
My dear brother you are a peace maker. Do not mind the people at your headquarters, they are reading their bible upside-down. Tell Kehinde to carry on with Taiwo's wife since she has agreed with the arrangement. If Kehinde's wife is not satisfied let her pack out.

Meanwhile let the headquarters know it well that the land on which the branch was built on was bought by you and as the 'omo onile' you need your land, let them remove their church branch from your land.

If they refuse to dance to your tune, just let me know. Meanwhile I will be preparing some of my boys to come and help you claim your right and teach those headquarters people some 'koboko' lesson. I am at your service my dear good pastor.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ODUBEZE: 4:10am On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

Stop trying to be clever by HALF!

He was referring to the issue of polygamy and thus, my reference was very correct.

Incase you are all mixed-up and still insists he was talking about "marrying his brother's wife", you only need to recognise that death of a spouse, discharges the other spouse of ALL SPOUSAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ATTACHMENT.

In that regards, the lady is "no longer his brother's wife" ... but a FREE WOMAN ... and that is the context of the discussion.
Abraham, David, Solomon and many others who were closer to God and accepted by God, than all the hypocrites here, were POLYGAMOUS.

Lastpage!
Omo na wa oooooooo. See as your blood dey boil.
If it U were the original OP I quoted I can understand.
Since U are clever by f00l continue, don't stop oooo.
In case you take your meds. and your blood is settled and you can reason well, I was making reference to where he was made to marry his brothers' wife.
understand?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by harry509: 4:25am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
nigeria wit diff tradition's and belive slf. Since d elda brother has wife already u shud av advice her 2 look 4 anoda man.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by friends4ever(m): 4:33am On Nov 02, 2015
I don't believe this story, is overrated...a pastor?

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by calculusx(m): 4:51am On Nov 02, 2015
@OP:y Your advice to Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife was a sacrilege. I guess u haven't read much about your bible.

Besides, are u not the same person that gave out 50k to olosho of recent? I guess it was a bad week. You have a good paying job so move on and pray to GOD to forgive you for mis-leading kehinde.

I don't wish death for Kehinde but it's glaring as a Pastor you would have re-marry Taiwo and Kehinde's wife. Who does that?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Ninapha(f): 4:52am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

What do you mean by rotating her?
i wish i can see u in person. U cannot be a pastor. Why dont u marry her.
U are a great disappointment,

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by PastorandMentor(m): 5:03am On Nov 02, 2015
I don't blame the Church. If I were to be the Head pastor of that church I'll also do same. How can you a man of God and a pastor ask a married man to marry another? What lesson are you showing them as a pastor you are?you need to ask God to forgive you and also write a letter to the church. No real pastor would ever initiat such. I'm not here to make you feel bad but to tell you the truth. If you can advice such for another person, it means you too can marry another lady. A man marries just one wife not two. And what is wrong with having just one kid? You see, that is where we get it wrong. I see no crime in having just one kid for life.please ask them to stop such marriage plan and ask for mercy. Stop spoiling the name "Pastor" it is one man one wife....Your church did the right thing as a bible believing church. Only fake churches and men that called themselves can tolerate such.And I doubt this your story. Sounds so untrue and I'm very very sure. Your not a pastor. Find out the meaning of pastor.You can't continue to lead people astray so your church sent you off because you are a risk to the body of Christ.
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by PastorandMentor(m): 5:08am On Nov 02, 2015
May the Lord have mercy on you.Woman Wey marry you done hear am...
Ayatullah:

I WILL COME TO YOUR AID
My dear brother you are a peace maker. Do not mind the people at your headquarters, they are reading their bible upside-down. Tell Kehinde to carry on with Taiwo's wife since she has agreed with the arrangement. If Kehinde's wife is not satisfied let her pack out.

Meanwhile let the headquarters know it well that the land on which the branch was built on was bought by you and as the 'omo onile' you need your land, let them remove their church branch from your land.

If they refuse to dance to your tune, just let me know. Meanwhile I will be preparing some of my boys to come and help you claim your right and teach those headquarters people some 'koboko' lesson. I am at your service my dear good pastor.

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 02, 2015
Your offence was playing God.
And also, you did not actually know God in the first instance. You were probably very zealous without knowledge. And that's the problem with the church today. Many people who have no business in the church are leading people to error.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by kosokoadeyemi: 5:26am On Nov 02, 2015
Is not good
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ceezah: 5:29am On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=Freegift75 post=39587889]This is a true life story

Is not the same man that olosho made to part with 50k because he gave her a lift?
My friend if this new story is true also, then I think you must have offended the gods for various calamity to be befallen you like this
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by harristo(m): 5:39am On Nov 02, 2015
sammylay:
Your offence is that u are a foolish man not pastor.

Well while I won't say that he is not a pastor, I completely agree that he was foolish, really foolish, I should say.
Because till now he hasn't even realized that the church actually stop a disaster from happening.

The very reason the Bible advised against polygamy is because, the chance of one party involved hating the other and maltreating or trying to kill them is pretty high.

And here op saw the sigh of what's to come in that family should the other woman come in, but couldn't discern because of his lack of knowledge regarding polygamy.

Freegift75 don't joke with polygamy, the only time serious problem don't happen within a family as a result of it's polygamous nature, is when every single party involved love each other, and the chance of that being the case is very slim.

And if problems don't occur in the first generation (the wives don't try to kill each other), it will in the next generation (I'm talking about the children).

There is also the fact about the impact the stress of managing the family (resolving the endless problem in the first and second generation) would have on the man.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by deebrain(m): 5:52am On Nov 02, 2015
Your offence is that you are an author of confusion. And quite frankly, unfortunate!

I wish i can lay my hands on you. The kin beating i would give you will provoke your true repentance AND deliverance.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by babafirst(m): 5:55am On Nov 02, 2015
First and foremost I hope you were demoted as low(although in God's house nobody is low) as a gateman where you can be listening to sermon through the outside speakers or CCTV cos you don't deserve to sit in that Church till you show some remorse.How can you make your late brother's wife to marry his twin brother?So you want to be promoted Bishop or General Overseer for thatYou ought to be a priest in a shrine not a pastor.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by JohnReese: 5:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Oga pastor, where in ur Bible do u see such? U deserve even more. Na koboko dem suppose flog u. U better gerrara here. People like u are the ones spoiling Christianity. U are suppose to bea traditional worshipper
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by harristo(m): 6:00am On Nov 02, 2015
ab1x:
What is your offense? Seriously, what happened to one man, one wife as prescribed in the bible?

Thank God you said prescribed and not commanded.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by cannanland(m): 6:03am On Nov 02, 2015
Sir,if you think what u did is wrong,seek forgiveness,if you think is right,I have nothing to say..... But forget about d church issue and move on,look for anoda church and serve ur God,d land u got for them wasn't ur own power,God gave u d permission to do so.... But, move on
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by creepsyme(f): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness
as long as your brother is no more alive she is free to live her live, I wonder how that concerns you, the best u culd do is to consider the childrens welfare dats all.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Anamfiok(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2015
himkers:

APC member spotted. Only APC members use such words. And as a PDP member, I ain't giving you any advise
hahahaha mad man!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by simpleseyi: 6:53am On Nov 02, 2015
Thank God that this is by a pastor, if an Imam tires this, these hopeless church goers who think they are Christians would have started insulting my Islam, now nobody is insulting Christianity but everyone is insulting the ex-Pastor for doing what our fore-fathers have done over the years which make their period far better than our current age of adultery and fornication. Anyway, anyone that insults my religion will definitely get an equal and opposite insult.

My dear ex-Pastor, sorry for the death of your dear brother. May God forgive his sins and mine also. Please could you pass your dead brother's wife to me, I beg I need a side chick. My wife has given her approval. Since everyone thinks she should not marry the husband's twin brother, I beg let me help keep her warm.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Awoofawo(m): 6:54am On Nov 02, 2015
himkers:

That is Yoruba tradition grin

This is not just Yoruba tradition like you claimed. Seems you don't real read your bible...the Isrealite practise same....

Don't ask me for bible verse because I don't got time for that!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by nigeriancuban: 6:55am On Nov 02, 2015
Sir you did nothing absolutely wrong coz its our own the addition too,its better forher o marry the late husband's elder or junior brother if she agrees to instead of going out to another man.....if they can't accept the truth then so be it but deep down you know u did the right thing for the family...... These is how churches claim i-2-know that they killed Galileo for being a visionary....mtcheeew
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Awoofawo(m): 7:04am On Nov 02, 2015
JohnReese:
Oga pastor, where in ur Bible do u see such? U deserve even more. Na koboko dem suppose flog u. U better gerrara here. People like u are the ones spoiling Christianity. U are suppose to bea traditional worshipper

Most christians just carry their bible around, forming holier than thou! They hardly have clear understanding of what they are professing as a christian!
They will cry witch and wizard over nothing!

Their spiritual blindness worst pass bat own!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Ramos16(m): 7:05am On Nov 02, 2015
69MissedCalls:
lets be real. the vow on the altar was "till death do us part" so the woman is free to remarry. but if u forced them then it is a sin
its not about the wife remarrying, it is asking the brother to take a second wife, his late brothers wife for that matter
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by double0seven(m): 7:12am On Nov 02, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2698627/warning-experience-olosho-wept

WARNING: My Experience With Olosho - I
Wept! by Freegift75 : 7:58am On Oct 29

Where are we heading in this Nation? I'm
using this medium to send general warning
to all men who own cars, to be mindful of
who they carry as lift on the highways.

I had a bitter encounter with a devilish lady
yesterday. I went to Olabisi Onabanjo
University, Ago Iwoye Ogun State to meet
my wife who is also a secretary there, as
regard the admission of our Son.

At about 4pm when returning to Ijebu Ode
from Ago Iwoye, two ladies waved me down
and pleaded for a lift to Ijebu Ode. When we
got to Cocoa Cola round about before Kara,
one of the ladies alighted with appreciation.
On getting to Molipa Junction at Ibadan
Garage, the second lady opted to alight. But
to my surprise, immediately I stopped, she
just furiously held my cloth and started
screaming: "Pay me my money...pay me my money, since yesterday you used me and decided to dump me without payment--useless man"--- said lady I was shocked!

Suddenly, people began to gather around us. She refused to come down from the car, claiming I carried her overnight and refused to redeem my part. I indeed felt shameful and embarrassed as a Pastor. I shed tears!

When people asked her the cost, she
claimed N50,000. I shouted - haaaaa aaa
aaa aaa ah! N50 what? - I asked.
Shamefully, people around had started
believing her while some still never believed.
Eventually, people said I should give her
some amount but she remained adamant,
saying our agreement was N50K.
With eyes full of tears, I gave my ATM to
someone there to go to nearby first bank to
withdraw N50K.

But Openly there, I began to curse her. I
cursed her career, cursed her marriage,
cursed her future, cursed her fruit of the
womb....
Callously, she collected the N50K and left. It
was very shameful and embarrassing. She
abused, insulted me even almost slapping
me and carted away N50K.

This is my sad encounter with OLOSHO. I
advise all men to be very careful of carrying
lift.

https://www.nairaland.com/2698627/warning-experience-olosho-wept

Please let me know when you release your next novel. let like them; will like to be following you.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75:

I don't want to open the door of temptation to my junior brother's wife by letting her wailing all about. It could be the beginning of waywardness
. Oga pastor, you funny o. the bond of marriage is over in death. why not allow the woman to go and look for another man that will take care of her as the Bible rightly upholds? you are still held bound by custom and traditional belief. i am not afraid to tell you that you you should check yourself. Encouraging polygamy? I can't believe that you are a pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of Father Mbaka Warning Buhari That Disaster Is Coming / Oshoffa Sharing His Meal With Obasanjo *throwback* / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At US Embassy Celebration With PM Netanyahu In Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.