Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,105 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! (37513 Views)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by idupaul: 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
OP U should be a babalawo and not a Pastor
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Adiwana: 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
I rebuke you!taaaaa..you just opened this thread to incite hateful comments against the church or wetin?
So you no sabi Adultery and polygamy is condemned by God..what a load of crap.Pastor indeed

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ramselly(m): 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2015
Bia freegift75 odika ara na pa gi dia, how can you do such and you come dey ask what is you offence? enya respect kwa urself before i throw yot over board.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by sisisioge: 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
Your offense is simple...you forgot to learn the preachings and rules in the bible. Thus, you are unfit to be a pastor without knowledge of the bible.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Since when is polygamy a sin?

is drinking a sin? No but whatever you do that will make another stumble should not be done, if done then its a sin (biblical).

If anyone is going to advice against polygamy it should be him.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by onoja12: 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
you no shape, church is business and anybody who says other wise either doesn't know the internal working or out rightly is naïve .when you bought the land you should have leased it to the church, and it would have been accumulating debt in the event something like this happen. if the church knew they stand to loss that branch if they fire you, trust me them no go try am.

Freegift75:
This is a true life story

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

My immediate siblings are twin brothers, same mother and father. November 5, they will mark their 39yrs of age. Taiwo and Kehinde happily married and lived comfortably.

Taiwo married a banker while Kehinde married University non-academic staff. They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

About a year ago, we lost Taiwo in a fatal accident and left a surviving wife as widow and three kids. Six months later, as their senior brother and the breadwinner of the whole family, I summoned Kehinde to re-marry Taiwo's wife to continue playing the role of husband.

Kehinde and Taiwo's wife agreed to marry each other but Kehinde's wife kicked against the union. Kehinde only has one child and since 8yrs now nothing more.

Kehinde's wife got provoked, lashed me with demeaning words and thereby reported me to our Church senior pastor at the headquarters and I was demoted for involving in sacrilegious belief.

It's a shock today again to have received a letter from the headquarters that I'm no more needed as pastor in their ministry due to this same issue.

This is a ministry that I had spent a lot towards its growth. The land our branch was built on was bought by me alone.

Now, what is my offence?

Start a new ministry.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 11:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
chrisbaba1:

is drinking a sin? No but whatever you do that will make another stumble should not be done, if done then its a sin (biblical).

If anyone is going to advice against polygamy it should be him.
So where exactly is the stumbling and who is the stumbler?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by onoja12: 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
why are you speaking ignorantly, stop confusing westernization with bible, the bible never said a man can not marry more than one wife, rather it said if you marry more than one wife, you cant hold post in church.

Adiwana:
I rebuke you!taaaaa..you just opened this thread to incite hateful comments against the church or wetin?
So you no sabi Adultery and polygamy is condemned by God..what a load of crap.Pastor indeed

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

Now, what is my offence?

You have proven to be one of the FAKE pastors people talk about! The church pity you sef...if i was the General Overseer of the ministry, i would have demoted you to ordinary Usher. RUBBISH! angry angry
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by MuttleyLaff: 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
chrisbaba1:
ur a pastor, you should know when a womans husband is dead she is free from the bond they shared and can remarry at will.
you were not christian like asking your brother to marry his brothers wife thereby advicing him to practise polygamy.
if you dont think you are wrong, the church was right by demoting you cos you dont practise the basic ethics of christianity sir, sad but true

freecocoa:

MuttleyLaff:
Whatever misses the mark is sin
Adam had one rib taken out for an only
not two ribs or more taken out for a poly

freecocoa:
Dude I don't understand why you feel the need to give unnecessary explanations, ain't nobody asking you all that, moving on.
Same as ain't nobody said anything about whether or not it being a sin
except you shooting from the hip responding to with: ''Since when is polygamy a sin''

freecocoa:
Please Where have I implied that I'm all for no rules or structure? God doesn't condone polygamy yet the greatest men of the bible were polygamists who walked gracefully with God, he not only condones it, he endorsed it so tell me something I don't know
SMH, you dont know what gracefully means
Considering the circumstances, we all, at certain times, let roll what isnt acceptable or dont condone
Why DONT you put the devil to shame, by showing where God ENDORSED polygamy
I can bet you've mistaken God endorsing the Levirate Marriage for Him endorsing polygamy

freecocoa:
You are judging, talking about mark, one rib and whatnot, nigga please.
I am sharing information, talking about mark, one rib and whatnot, Nubian Queen please
Even if I were to be judging, suck it up, judging is part of life, we do it every day, you soon before hitting the bed tonight will make a few judgement calls
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by lastpage: 11:59pm On Nov 01, 2015
Freegift75:

They are both devoted christians and they both live in same town.

Now, what is my offence?

Sir, you are a victim of what you have made yourself a SLAVE to!

Ask yourself these questions:

1) Is your decision the right one?
2.) is your conscience FREE that you had done the right thing?
3.) Is your relationship with God, based on this matter, still intact?
4.) if you have the opportunity, will you do the same thing again or do you regret it?

If your answer to the above question is YES .... then l give you a standing ovation.

Forget the issue of being removed as a Pastor! It is a "material title" given by one man, to another.
If truly you are a "Minister of God", called by God and ordained for his name, your "position is unchanged" in the sight of God.

Gather the flock of God (start with your household) and continue to preach and teach (as long as you are not doing it for financial benefit as most of you do!) the word of God to anyone that cares to listen.

We are answerable to God and the God inside us, our conscience.

Why are people like you so fixated on the "approval of men"?[/b]

[b]BTW
: Women are known to be very selfish from the time of Adam.
If the women "swap places" and it was the Kehinde, husband of this intransigent wife that died, and she was asked to marry Taiwo, l bet she will jump at it and find it amicable. That is women for you.
If she cant tolerate the situation, she is always free to "opt out of the marriage".
The world wont come to an end.

Everything now boils down to Kehinde himself: Can he be a fair husband to both women? Can he be a fair father to all the children?

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Franzinni: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2015
Freegift75 lit the fire so that you all can coment but one thing I don't get is, do you feel a mother of 3 who is a banker can not take care of herself ? Unless she brought up the idea to be with Kehinde, my advice is... The church is a political entity and you Have been blacklisted!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by itstpia8: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2015
who are all these christian pagans sef?

nbo ni won ti nko yin wa?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by mbulela: 12:02am On Nov 02, 2015
I beg move this post to comedy section.
This is utterly ridiculous.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by harsysky(m): 12:05am On Nov 02, 2015
freecocoa:
It's only when we come to issues of God, we realize we are wise. Just as the serpent told eve that wen she ate the fruit , she wud be like God. It's a sin, and I'm gonna explain it to you in my own knowledge.

When a man marries, he becomes one with the wife, true or false? This means that for the man to marry another, he has to take permission from the wife cos both are now one, and they have to love the newcomer equally. Do you think it's possible? no , it is not. So, if a man marries anoda wife without the wife's consent, it is a sin!

@ Op , many have answered you. You're a pastor , and it doesn't mean you are above mistakes. But, Justifying a wrong that everyone knws you did ,is a No, No. It's not the end of the world; I love your church, they don't care about the fact that you've given the church a lot unlike most churches I hear people talk about. God will see you through if you admit it's wrong of you to have done that. Be humble and be truthful! They are very important virtues to succeed in this world.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by lastpage: 12:07am On Nov 02, 2015
freecocoa:

It seems people nowadays "think" God Himself does not know what a sin is ..or is not, anymore?

It is funny to think that "God destroyed Sodom and Gommorah of Homosexuality... which Humans and even Churches now accept as being RIGHT.... ....yet they condemn Polygamy which God was aware-of, and even befriended those who practice it... more than all the ignorant and selfish people saying Polygamy is a sin!

Selfishly-Ignorant but devilish People have really twisted God's purpose for we humans.

Wetin concern me sef.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ODUBEZE: 12:08am On Nov 02, 2015
oderemo:

Go read your bible very well , father Abraham did it and many more in the same bible. Uncle Solomon nko?
It beat my imagination the way you people quote scriptures!
Can you please produce the biblical reference for your claims?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 12:14am On Nov 02, 2015
M
MuttleyLaff:

Same as ain't nobody said anything about whether or not it being a sin
except you shooting from the hip responding to with: ''Since when is polygamy a sin''

SMH, you dont know what gracefully means
Considering the circumstances, we all, at certain times, let roll what isnt acceptable or dont condone
Why do you put the devil to shame, by showing where God ENDORSED polygamy
I can bet you've mistaken God endorsing the Levirate Marriage for Him endorsing polygamy

I am sharing information, talking about mark, one rib and whatnot, Nubian Queen please
Even if I were to be judging, suck it up, judging is part of life, we do it every day, you soon before hitting the bed tonight will make a few judgement calls
Smh.

He Implied that the pastor was wrong and the idea is that anything wrong is considered "sin" in Christianity, hence the question so you don't have a point here.

So God's walk with David, Abraham and the rest of them wasn't beautiful? Talk about not knowing the meaning of words, wonderful!

So the bible talking about a man treating his wife right, should he decide to take another, isn't God endorsing polygamy? Shame unto you if you come back asking me where that is in the bible.

I couldn't care less whether you decide to judge or not, I only need you to know your judgement on the matter is bull, seeing as it's not your place to do so, plus it doesn't affect me in any way, there's totally nothing to suck up.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by lastpage: 12:17am On Nov 02, 2015
ODUBEZE:

It beat my imagination the way you people quote scriptures!
Can you please produce the biblical reference for your claims?

You mean you need him to quote the Bible... for you to know that Abraham married Sarah and later Haggai? .. to know that Solomon married so many women? To know that David married more than one wife?
Are you for real or you just dont have any "feeling" for reading your own Bible?
Even a kid knows all these popular Bible stories...

All these "I follow come" Christians sef! grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by harsysky(m): 12:18am On Nov 02, 2015
vhatpweetygurl:
I like ur church wish we cud have more churches like that, were truth is supreme.The woman tried to stop at the church my advice is that she should go to ur place of work twitter facebook nd everyother means to broadcast u nd urbabaric intention.How is one sure you nd d. Widow dnt hav a hand in her hussy death so as to cover d relationship btw both of you.Or y didn't u marry her?Mopol stand near u say mk u no marry her ni coming to nairaland too wail dt somone has only a kid.Can u create a kite dt children use to play mtcheeew

God bless you! I was actually wondering, too, why he didn't take up the woman as his own wife.

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by ODUBEZE: 12:23am On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

You mean you need him to quote the Bible... for you to know that Abraham married Sarah and later Haggai? .. to know that Solomon married so many women? To know that David married more than one wife?
Are you for real or you just dont have any "feeling" for reading your own Bible?
Even a kid knows all these popular Bible stories...

All these "I follow come" Christians sef! grin grin grin

Lastpage!
You mean Abraham married his brother's wife? same as David and Solomon?
Read the OP initial comment that I quoted before you start getting out of point!
SMH!
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 02, 2015
freecocoa:
So where exactly is the stumbling and who is the stumbler?

His members. Its not a good example. Nd if encouraged, the process to getting a new wife would have cases of adultries and lies which are outright sins. A little compromise leads to a torrent of compromises
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 12:24am On Nov 02, 2015
H
harsysky:

It's only when we come to issues of God, we realize we are wise. Just as the serpent told eve that wen she ate the fruit , she wud be like God. It's a sin, and I'm gonna explain it to you in my own knowledge.

When a man marries, he becomes one with the wife, true or false? This means that for the man to marry another, he has to take permission from the wife cos both are now one, and they have to love the newcomer equally. Do you think it's possible? no , it is not. So, if a man marries anoda wife without the wife's consent, it is a sin!

@ Op , many have answered you. You're a pastor , and it doesn't mean you are above mistakes. But, Justifying a wrong that everyone knws you did ,is a No, No. It's not the end of the world; I love your church, they don't care about the fact that you've given the church a lot unlike most churches I hear people talk about. God will see you through if you admit it's wrong of you to have done that. Be humble and be truthful! They are very important virtues to succeed in this world.
Nobody cares what your knowledge on the matter is, the bible is supposedly guide for you Christians and that's what we are working with here, there is nowhere in the bible where polygamy is sin or even frowned on,if anything, it was widely practiced and no where was it said he had to take permission, after all they are already one, therefore he can decide on "their" behalf, it's not even as if the bible thinks highly of women to start with, so don't come here talking about being wise.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 12:31am On Nov 02, 2015
chrisbaba1:

His members. Its not a good example. Nd if encouraged, the process to getting a new wife would have cases of adultries and lies which are outright sins. A little compromise leads to a torrent of compromises
If this is what you can come up with, then people shouldn't get married at all, except you are you saying the process of a man taking a first wife, is different from taking a 2nd one, in which case, you'll have to tell us how that is. Keep in mind that all parties are in the know in this particular case of study.
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by freecocoa(f): 12:35am On Nov 02, 2015
lastpage:

It seems people nowadays "think" God Himself does not know what a sin is ..or is not, anymore?

It is funny to think that "God destroyed Sodom and Gommorah of Homosexuality... which Humans and even Churches now accept as being RIGHT.... ....yet they condemn Polygamy which God was aware-of, and even befriended those who practice it... more than all the ignorant and selfish people saying Polygamy is a sin!

Selfishly-Ignorant but devilish People have really twisted God's purpose for we humans.

Wetin concern me sef.

Lastpage!
Lol, I don't support polygyny btw, I just don't like when Christians claim to know more than their God or twist the words of the bible.tongue
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by sorextee(m): 12:36am On Nov 02, 2015
There's more to this story cos I don't bliv jack.. a pastor can never give such advice... abi na white garment church u dey work?
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by Adiwana: 12:43am On Nov 02, 2015
onoja12:
why are you speaking ignorantly, stop confusing westernization with bible, the bible never said a man can not marry more than one wife, rather it said if you marry more than one wife, you cant hold post in church.

You see i dont argue when it comes to the bible.My text was plain enough for you to understand..The Bible is against Adultery and polgamy.simple!

1 Like

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by leofab(f): 12:44am On Nov 02, 2015
drstan:

if you call yourself a pastor and you still gave such advice that means you have not been reading your bible even when as a pastor ,is all those churches that use to ordain people because of their financial contribution in church that I blame ,and if you think you can get back the land because you bought it for them ,be ready to face what ever comes your way ,because God that gives life can also take it ,pls accept the discipline in good fate.
why will your God kill him because he took his land back? Is he that wicked? Huh? This African monkey

Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by LyfeJennings(m): 12:45am On Nov 02, 2015
You are a classified fool
Re: Sacrilegious: Why I Was Demoted As A Pastor! by harsysky(m): 12:46am On Nov 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Aren't you funny? Who made you judge of the supposed mark? especially when your God has no qualms with the matter. cheesy

freecocoa don't be annoyed I've just quoted you twice. Pardon me for that, ok? I wana explain something I was doing way back, but before then lemme ask you this. " when you've undergone something and seen that the end is destructive, will you tell anoda to go thru it? "

I was playing this nairabet before, and I said to myself " it is a business; there is no sin in it."
But there is a sin in betting which COuld as well be compared to that of having a polygamous home. In betting, when a team I played loses, and there was a guy who ate a last minute penalty, believe me, it is always at this point everyone should know betting is a sin. The curses the guy will receive from we , bettors, chai, for a crime he didn't commit o. I could go on and on to tell you why betting as well as polygamy is a sin, but I believe I've given you a food for thought.

For those who are saying " Solomon did it, Abraham did it, this one did it" you guys don't understand your bibles ,and I'm sorry to say that . when Abraham did sleep with hagai, you and I saw the aftermath I.e how Sarah even regretted the whole thing. I don't wana go into Solomon's own because he summed it up with "everything being vanity upon vanity." The case of Isaac , the Rachael and Leah weren't happy with eachoda and it turned to a competition for both.

Jesus' teachings is to tell us that sin is from the heart not even the outward. That's where love comes into play. When you love your wife, you won't bring in another wife to compete with her. What ever bad thing your wife does to make you marry another, it would be better if she had tied a very big stone to her neck with a rope and fallen into a sea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Vs Kemi Olunloyo: Forgiveness Is Unnegotiable. Fasterwell / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World / Video Of Father Mbaka Warning Buhari That Disaster Is Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.